Daily Habit Check-In and Chat

1789101113»

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 2,764 Member
    I've cut my goals down to 15,000 steps a day/maintain daily deficit/weekly deficit of 4800-6000 (just upped that from 3200-4800). Doing okay...get both goals most days. Things not changing much, but that is because I'm trying new methods of calculating calories burned (like relying on my fitbit to establish that)...but that is okay. I'm eating a really high number of calories and not gaining. So my body is shifting out of the year long "chainsaw" weight loss journey of 2020 into something more normal and this has to be a good thing! (trying to remember that :) )

I'm desperately waiting for shoulder surgery after a nasty injury. Once that is behind me and I can start using my upper body and torso more I'll be ready to tackle the world full force! I think I'm looking at a good 4 months of recovery, but I'll have my right arm hopefully fully functioning again. Can wait for that!!!
  • lauriekallis
    New daily goal! We are having some soupy humid days - time to get myself out there early early before the day starts sizzling. Day 3 of this out walking by 7 routine, and I'm only 14 minutes late getting started today :) first day I was 2 1/2 hours! So getting better!

June 22

✅ - Daily - take 15,000 steps. 17,517

✅ - Daily - aim for a calorie deficit. 960 this going to be early thing is interfering with my late night overeating!

✅ - Daily - Up early - walk first thing. YES!

- Weekly - aim for a calorie deficit in 4500-6000 range.
  • laurad1978
    laurad1978 Posts: 190 Member
    @lauriekallis that's some calorie deficit, the pounds will fly off. Also I always exercise in the morning, I find it brilliant both as a way to start the day and also I never have other plans at 6.30am that allow me to cancel on my exercise 😂 limited excuses at that time of the morning.
  • laurad1978
    Also I should say I've grown to live the calmness and head space I get with early morning exercise. It makes a massive difference to my stress levels throughout the day.
  • lauriekallis
    laurad1978 wrote: »
    Also I should say I've grown to live the calmness and head space I get with early morning exercise. It makes a massive difference to my stress levels throughout the day.

I'm using the calories burned number directly from Fitbit - I'm finding that it is way off. But it is much easier than entering/remembering myself! So this range should have me in the 1/2 pound a week off range! lol.
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 595 Member
    Just popping in here to share my excitement - I now have a lovely, shiny new spin bike!
    I ordered it just a couple of days ago, and it arrived this afternoon. AND I managed to wrangle it from by the front gate, around the house, down the driveway and into the garage on my own - it weighs almost the same as I do (well, including the packaging)!

It was pretty straightforward to set up, and it was all sorted in about half an hour! and I did about 20 min while dinner was cooking 🥰🚴‍♀️ (I didn't want to go too long straight away as I am not used to it and want to be able to walk tomorrow 😂)
  • laurad1978
    Brilliant, great to have an indoor activity for the winter months. 👏👏👏 For getting it set up too, those tasks go one of two ways 😂 could easily still be in the box come spring.
  • lauriekallis
    Woohoo! We need a pic!!!!
  • jo_nz
    Still easing into the spin bike with a couple of sessions per week - having a lot of fun. Have I already mentioned I subscribe to Les Mills On Demand? (Online workout videos)
    Well, they have a couple of different types of spin classes, and I tried The Trip for the first time today...I can't believe how much I enjoyed it. I really don't recognise myself sometimes!! 😆

I also signed up for a six week workout calendar - today is Week2, day5. I find it a great way to try new classes and get out of the same old groove.
  • jo_nz
    Woohoo! We need a pic!!!!

And I still haven't learned how to add a photo on my phone!! I can't insert it in the post or add it as an attachment - might have to resort to emailing it to myself and doing it on the computer!

I didn't manage to stick with my challenge schedule over the weekend - went for a nice long walk one day, but just pottered around home doing various odd jobs on the other. DH has been working long hours recently, so it was nice to just be at home together and catching up on a few chores.