Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• kellibee2000
    kellibee2000 Posts: 86 Member
    @Matahairi I love your post and identify with it so much. Thank you for putting it out there!

@RubyRed427 I am working on this, too! I have sorted through 100 books, and I gave away any book I cannot get through the library and would read RIGHT NOW or is an absolute favorite I would read time and time again (which is precious few).
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,157 Member
    @Matahairi I love your post and identify with it so much. Thank you for putting it out there!

@RubyRed427 I am working on this, too! I have sorted through 100 books, and I gave away any book I cannot get through the library and would read RIGHT NOW or is an absolute favorite I would read time and time again (which is precious few).

Sounds like we are on the similar path with books! Happy reading!
  • SwtHedgehog
    SwtHedgehog Posts: 172 Member
    A few years ago, we put most of our DVD into a DVD book and donated the covers to the library, and they were super grateful because the covers are always in need. You can always check your library for things outside books that they can use.
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    Many libraries will accept donations of games and puzzles.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,135 Member
    @cory17

Great idea! I should do the same but I know that I will get a push back from my husband, since he knows that I am not a Xmas person.

We have a huge Xmas tree and the kids and their families don't come very often anymore since they don't live near by. I would like to get a smaller and easier to put together tree, decorate it with the ornaments that have special meaning and donate the rest. I never decorated much for Halloween and I gave away the few things that I had, a couple of years ago.
  • Gisel2015
    Ladies and gentlemen, we are having competition :D ...

Bed Bath & Beyond's stores have always been chaotic. Now it's decluttering Marie Kondo-style

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/21/business/bed-bath-and-beyond-flagship-store-new-york/index.html
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Sableness wrote: »
    My mom used to watch an episode of Hoarders and then go clean a drawer or something right away. We had a hoarder relative and never never never want things to get to that point.

Hoarders has the same effect on me. I immediately want to go clean or organize something!
  • Gisel2015
    Greetings everyone! Just an update to keep this thread going.

No major de-cluttering or re-organization on my part for the last two weeks. I have been cleaning drawers and disposing of unwanted things as I go along and it has been effective. I checked my closet this week and I decided that there are not items to get rid of right now. I haven't been using many outfits due to pandemic/quarantine in the last year and half so it's like finding new clothes that I didn't remember I had. I did organize the shelves and I probably will dispose of some fall and winter stuff after I try them again. Too hot to do that during the summer heat.

My next project is to check the drawers where I have table runners and tablecloths. I am not entertaining much anymore and I doubt that I ever will. My kids don't live nearby, two of my grandchildren are all grown up and the other two are in middle school so nobody comes very often, not even for the holidays. Old DVDs and music tapes are also on my list. I am having surgery on 8/16 so I will have to do what I can before then but take a break until I am back to normal.

@PatriceFitnessPal, I was wondering if you accomplished your July goals/challenge as planned. Good luck to the rest of you, stay safe, and enjoy the summer the best you can. G.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!