Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    Good morning,

Pink toenails this morning. Monthly pedicure was much appreciated.

Eating lunch then a short nap and then to make dinners at the church.

Should get craft items via Amazon to do gift card holders.

Tis the season for ice cream. Enjoy

Wishing all a great day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • AutumnMuse13
    AutumnMuse13 Posts: 2 Member
    Serial starter here!!! Ugghhhh...these last couple of years have been a little bit of H E L L. So, I gained some weight, lost almost all of my gains, and need to get back in the saddle. I would love some interactive, hard working, sweat lovers in my corner B)
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning!
    I do like fresh fruit...and ironically I do not much like ice cream. At least I do not crave it. I appreciate the pep talk. All in all I am doing well.
    Waves to all.
    I did step on the scale.

193.6 (up 3.6 since day of surgery - not too horrible) But I probably lost 3 lbs of muscle in my leg LOL
    Goal by Thanksgiving 180
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member
    u3tzpuvu3xje.jpeg
    *** July 22 ***

Good morning all~~

Flying through......

Lana
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Good morning, Cabana Crew,

Welcome to you, @AutumnMuse13 !

This week, I've only had time for a quick peek here. It is production week. I came in at the last minute to complete a set and stagehand for a community play. (Jealous, @LanaCabana537 ;) ) I started Monday and first performance for an audience is tonight.

No, Lana, not my smiling face. We can't see smiles here. Masks are still mandatory at my workplace. Simply having someone at the front desk seems to be comforting and more inviting to most of our employees.

There will be times when I can't spend the day at the desk due to other duties, but my style is to sit here unless I absolutely have to be up. The last Exec Assist had a different philosophy.

Forced intermittent fasting has been my routine this week. I haven't eaten after 2 pm this week due to the play.

Do the best you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Very glad it is almost Friday.

Lynn - 3 pounds?? That will be gone regaining strength in your healing knee!!

Autumn, Welcome, stop by and post when you can.

Tracy are you in the play or backstage???

Work has gotten even stranger with people calling and are being transferred to us - we are not trained to handle these kind of calls and this afternoon I was very tired and not paying attention and while I should have redirected this person back to the clinic - I talked to them . Hoping it can blow over but not too sure.

Friday is just a sunrise away.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    a8f0wbn7yhts.jpeg
    *** July 23 ***

Good morning All~~

Lynn - it's good you stepped on the scale. Usually it's just better to know.

Tracy - how did the show go last night? How long will it run?

Sara - I hope that you have a nice, steady day today with no calamities, and I hope that Monster stays far away from you 🌸

Waving to Missy and Maureen and Autumn Muse and everyone else who stops by~~

Lana

today 265.8
  • Twiley510
    Good morning!

Sara - I am backstage. Handling props, scene changes, operating a mechanism, costuming for the lead. My acting days are long over -- if I have to memorize. Spoiler alert: I may be cast in "It's a Wonderful Life" since it is being done as a "radio show" this year. We will be onstage in front of the audience, but will be reading from scripts.

Lana - We had 5 people in the test audience. This was the best performance the actors have given so far. It's a Jack Sharkey farce. There are a lot of rapid-fire sequences and several "phone conversations" happen for the lead actress. She is a little older and is struggling with keeping the scenes straight in her head. Last night, she had the wrong conversation in one of the scenes and it was crucial to move the action. They were in the weeds for a while. One of the other actors, finally figured out how to get her back on track with another phone conversation.

Three performances to go! Showtime at 7 pm tonight and tomorrow night, Sunday Matinee at 2:30 pm. You all have time to get here. Tickets are $10. :D

Do the best you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • brennerjlb
    Hello!
    Tracy - have a good weekend! Wish I could head your way :wink: Break a leg- well don't really. Enjoy!
    Waves to Sara and Lana. Hope you have a great weekend as well.
    Not much new here.
    ~Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Happy Friday,

Boss passed out chocolates this afternoon. Never seen that before. That tells you how bad of a month it has been.

Tracy, thank you for the invite sounds like a great way for us to spend an evening. Your show will be a sell out and all will be fabulous.

Lynn glad you are doing well.

Lana, Monster had to juggle so much today that the only time I had to deal with her was when she offered me chocolate. Shocking but true.

Friday it is - Cabana boys are waiting - put on the dance music I have more than 20 calories to burn off.

• LanaCabana537
    edited July 2021
    9cgjo7126d5k.jpeg
    *** July 24 ***

Good morning Ladies ☀️

Tracy - your current show sounds great! I wish that I could see it. Farces are such fun, but they are indeed difficult for the performers.
    Glad to hear about the "radio show" staging of "It's a Wonderful Life"--I hope that you are cast 👍🏻

Sara - Chocolate from the boss? Oh my!
    I hope that you have a great and restful weekend - you deserve it!

Lynn - what are your weekend plans? Will the family be coaxing you along on any adventures?

The sun is out here in NC, and I'm hoping my upbeat mood stays with me. There's lots to do today.....including exercise. Blech. 😁

Waving to Missy and Runa and Maureen and anyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana

264.6 today
    271.2 highest ever
    237.0 Thanksgiving goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Slept a lot today but already have 5k and it is dinner time, so 6k is still possible.

Right now too hot 101 to go and take a couple trips to the garbage - but maybe in a couple of hours.

Since I have had the napping, must be time for knitting!

Lana you get that exercise in.

• LanaCabana537
    edited July 2021
    phofycx2h8yl.jpeg
    *** July 25 ***

Good morning All~~

Gotta work on my travel plans today: I will be having Thanksgiving with my sister on the Left Coast, and I've been dragging my feet on getting the air booked. ✈️

What's everybody doing today?

Lana

263.6 today
    271.2 highest ever
    237.0 Thanksgiving goal
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited July 2021
    Happy Sunday!

Had Church in the morning, saw my friend that is pregnant with twins. They are inducing her this week. She’s nervous, excited at the same time. I’m chilling with the dogs now. Have a meeting with the department chair for possibly pursuing a BS degree in Biological Sciences then pursuing a Ph.D in it. Decided to go that route instead of Criminology mostly because of school location and job opportunities. Bio degree is less than an half hour away, criminology is at least 2 hours away. There’s also more job opportunities in the biological sciences. Wish me luck! Working on me this year!

~ Missy and pack

n9dpbdpyiwb6.jpeg

• LanaCabana537
    edited July 2021
    vil22ls1sash.jpeg
    *** July 26 ***

Missy - I love when you post photos of your Floofs! They are so beautiful x 3 💖 I can imagine what they feel like to cuddle with. I'm guessing they enjoy that corner of the yard, in the shade, with the ground feeling cool in the summer.

Your telling of your education choices is very interesting. The biological sciences does sound like the better of the two. Would you be starting this fall with classes?

Tracy - How did your show go? 🎭

Sara - I hope that you have a good week. The Cabana Boys will be personally delivering additional Monster Repellant to you this week.

Waves to Lynn and Runa and Maureen and all who stop by later on ⛱🌴

Lana

262.6 today
    271.2 highest
    237.0 Thanksgiving goal
  • Twiley510
    edited July 2021
    Good morning, Cabana Crew and Happy Monday!

The show went well. We had one mishap with the prop gun- - - yesterday it would not fire. The actors handled it beautifully and the audience found it hilarious!

The two boys I had doing their community service impressed everyone with their helpfulness and respectfulness.

Glad I was only in for production week. Shows are draining.

Next big event: Shrimp boil and corn hole tournament at the Lodge on Saturday! All I have to do (so far) is put up a tent and make Rotel.

Tracy in Tennessee

**I edited because the tournament name above is a forbidden word if typed as one word. MFP replaced it with *kitten*.
  • brennerjlb
    Hello!
    Lana - I did go on an adventure this weekend. Went to a friends cottage on a river. Was great to catch up, didn't do much as my walking is limited, but the breeze off the river was grand as it was hot and humid. Good luck with your air plans. Seems like airlines are struggling to keep up a bit.
    Sara- 101 - I feel for you and the hot weather. The chocolate was a nice diversion.
    Tracy - I would read kitten tournament and really wondered what you do at the Lodge LOL. Glad your show went well!
    Missy- those pups! LOVE them! Good luck in your schooling preparations. I am impressed by your drive!
    Today I am up a bit more...likely due to my weekend indulging in wine. I did pull out my Becks diet books and will start reviewing some principles and get back on track.
    Have a great day!
    ~Lynn

CW 194.4
    HW 207
    GW 180

• zagadee
    zagadee Posts: 22 Member
    Hello Beautiful people 😃
    Am new here trying to find a partner who we can support each other on this journey I need motivation I have been on this journey for all my life am 50yrs now hope anyone can understand.
    We can motivate, support, encourage, advise each other I stay in Georgia Augusta.but still we find ways to uplift ourselves throughout
    Thanks
  • brennerjlb
    Welcome Zagadee.
    Pop in whenever, I think you will find support here!
    ~Lynn
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    hello im new to the boards and a serial starter lol...and prev ww person now doing calories i need some support to keep going this time ....this is going to be my last time.