Are you an ice chewer?

ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
When ever I get a fountain drink with ice, I ALWAYS chew the ice. It's why I don't mind if the cup is filled half with ice. Have never had an issue chewing ice. Crunchy with no calories.

Anyone else?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    (...reads thread so far...) Since there was no mention of this being a disorder of some sort, I will admit to doing this.

My fav ice cube shapes are the one with a well/cut-out in the middle. The obnoxious crunching noises make me happy on a hot day.

See? No disorders here 😬
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    I do if it is that fine, round, soft ice. I don't chew the large cubes though, my dentist frowns upon it.
  • ninerbuff
    JessD9031 wrote: »
    I do if it is that fine, round, soft ice. I don't chew the large cubes though, my dentist frowns upon it.
    I love large cubes. I've mentioned it to my dentist, and he discourages it, but has stated I haven't jacked up my teeth from it. And I've been chewing ice since I was a kid.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I love large cubes. I've mentioned it to my dentist, and he discourages it, but has stated I haven't jacked up my teeth from it. And I've been chewing ice since I was a kid.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

5qddapzgzme5.jpg
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member

this ^

the best ice comes from hospital grade ice machines... it's true.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    No, I never have but I DO bite into those freezer pop thingies.
  • Moveit80
    Moveit80 Posts: 57 Member
    Used to like feeling pieces of ice melt between my teeth goin done slowly.. felt cool 😒😬
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    My sensitive teeth could never.... well if I’m careful and quick about it I do like that sonic small ice morsels.
  • OleTroubadour
    OleTroubadour Posts: 3,428 Member
    No, and I can't stand the sound of someone crunching ice - it's like nails on a chalkboard to me!
  • jruch23
    jruch23 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Guilty! Especially the small cubed shaped ice
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Yes I am an ice crusher -chewer :)
  • ninerbuff
    No, and I can't stand the sound of someone crunching ice - it's like nails on a chalkboard to me!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6CeIfUTaWU

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6CeIfUTaWU

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

This was horrible and amazing at the same time. How did she just keep going? No tooth pain and no brain freeze. 🤯
    I didn’t mind the crunches but the regular chewing was ruining my life.
  • Kindhearts30
    Kindhearts30 Posts: 1,723 Member
    Yep I love ICEEEEEE
  • mistwitch
    mistwitch Posts: 184 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    (...reads thread so far...) Since there was no mention of this being a disorder of some sort, I will admit to doing this.

My fav ice cube shapes are the one with a well/cut-out in the middle. The obnoxious crunching noises make me happy on a hot day.

See? No disorders here 😬

anemia 😢

Plus I cracked a tooth
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    mistwitch wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »

See? No disorders here 😬

anemia 😢

Plus I cracked a tooth

🤔 "Hey Google! Can anemic people chew ice?"

(...and down the rabbit hole she went while looking curiously at her bottle of Novo-Ferrogluc...)

In all seriousness, while the human body - and all its mechanisms - remains amazing, I'm sorry you can't (obnoxiously) chew ice 😔
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I'm an ice-sucker. Is that as obnoxious as chewing? Maybe, when it gets too cold and you have to spit it back in your cup then start in again. :blush: I do prefer crushed ice but am not an ice-crusher maker owner so have to spend $ on it that I refuse to spend so don't use it often. :)