Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Anyone have days/weeks when they are just constantly famished? I have been so hungry the past few days. Like, stomach growling with that empty feeling from the moment I wake up until I go to bed, even though I'm eating normally. I've tried upping my water intake, but that's not helping at all.
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    @skinnyjeanzbound Yes, I definitely have many of those days. I've tried more water and that didn't help me either.
    Lately I've tried very slowly nibbling on a tablespoon of peanut butter. I like Jiffy extra crunchy because it gives me something solid to chew on. It seems to help a little bit... If anyone has a better solution I would love to hear it. In case you don't remember me, I've been here on and off for a few years. the first time I lost about 50 pounds, but gained it back once I stopped logging and paying attention. Hoping this time to stay on course. I do know that anything I lose will be a benefit to my health and to my goal of being more active. Sorry to see that this thread is no where near as active as it used to be. But it's good to see some familiar faces. I've been lurking for the past month wanting to make sure I was going to stay committed for more than a few days. Feeling energized, I've lost the first 11 pounds, it's a start!!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Happy Monday-
    @Karen - glad you had a good trip. Love salmon but never maid it at home. I am thinking about getting an indoor grill especially for summertime when it’s super hot like this I don’t want to use my oven. I eat fish and salads a lot my favorite salad is baby spinach with strawberries, raspberries, cran raisins and blackberries with feta cheese topped with walnut or pecans light raspberry vinaigrette. I also like parmesan crusted talapia with roasted brussel sprouts.
    I am wondering if it is part pf the change for there are some days that I can never get full. I actually hear stomach growling but ate a ton of food.

I have been walking only in the morning during this heat wave again with Riley. It was weird walking alone tonight.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Before covid I loved going to the gym even though I only used sit up machine and treadmill. With a walking routine now I am tempted to stop the gym but was wondering if anyone has online classes they use. I thought about Dribble Up but not fully sure.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Skinny - I will do the plank challenge with you! I started doing planks on my bosu when I first bought it but I have not tried in a while.

Just a quick pop in - my cat keeps walking across my laptop while I am trying to type. She wants to play. LOL
  • mnwalkingqueen
    I am not even sure that I can do a plank or do it properly. I didn’t see wall plank comment until now. Let me see how those are done for I could possibly do them.

• JNettie73
    Starting weight: 270 March 2021

July Start Weight: 232.8
    July Goal Weight: 228
    Ultimate Goal Weight: TBD

I weigh in on Sundays.

July 4: 232.8
    July 11: 229
    July 18: 229
    July 25: 229

I hit a plateau. I was disappointed this morning when I first stepped on the scale. But then I began thinking of all my NSVs and I know I am doing well.

I finally took the plunge and invested in new bras. Mine had become so big on me that they were gapping on the sides and bunching in the cup area. Because I am a larger size I have difficulty finding my size in stores unless I go into a speciality store. I measured myself and used the size finder on Kohls. I bought the size it told me, they came and don't you know I tried them on and they were too big!!! I remeasured and used a few different online size finders. Each one told me a different size. :s I ended up ordering a smaller cup size from Kohls and was able to use a 30% off coupon which had just come. In the long run it cost me less money and I found some tee shirts on sale for $4-5 as well so I stocked up! Win for me!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @bapcarrier -- Barb, right? It's good to see you back!! Congrats on your progress so far. I love peanut butter, so that's an idea I will save for next time. Fortunately, the empty gut feeling passed after a couple of days. Yes, this thread is not as active as in the past, but it's so nice to see familiar faces, and even with just a few of us commenting regularly, it's great support and motivation for me.

@mnwalkingqueen -- I have a Curtis Stone stovetop grill pan, and I really like it. It's great for fish, boneless skinless chicken, etc. when I don't won't to use the oven and heat up the entire house. Here's a picture--it just goes right on the burners:
    uhi7rdivshra.jpg

I also have an air fryer that I use quite a bit instead of the oven--I especially like it for pork. That salad you mentioned sounds delicious. I tend to use goat cheese in my salad, but I always forget about feta which I also love. I bet you are right about hormones being the culprit--feeling went away after a couple of days. As far as planks, I also cannot do a forearm plank properly which is why I do high planks. You can also modify floor planks by resting on your knees--if you google "plank modifications," you'll see all kinds of examples.

I also loved going to the gym before covid. They didn't reopen until after we moved, and I still haven't joined the one close to my house (I was going to Planet Fitness). I'm sure once the weather is no longer conducive to outdoor walks/runs, I will need to join again.

@JNettie73 -- I've neglected the planks for the past few days, but I will restart the challenge today!

AFM-- Nothing new here. It's ridiculously hot and humid here in Chicago, but I still managed a 3 mile walk yesterday. I need to mow the lawn, so that will be my main exercise today. The scale had me at 197.4 every day last week until Friday when it dropped to 195.8. That made me happy, but 195 has been sort of a plateau spot for me in the past. I tend to get down to that point, and then I stall out before I can get any lower. Hoping to push past this barrier and back into the 180s in the near future.

Is anyone watching the Olympics? I just watched the end of the Women's Cycling Road Race much to my husband's chagrin. Some of you may recall that I'm a huge Tour de France fan, so I watch all 21 stages every summer. My husband was so happy when it was finally over a couple of weeks ago (he's not a fan, LOL), and now he just walked in to see more cycling on the TV. I also love watching gymnastics because I was a gymnast when I was younger.

Karen
    51 years old
    5'7"
    SW = 247 (March 2011)
    Weight on 1/1/2021 = 207.4
    GW: 185 (my previous low)

5/7/21 = 198.4
    5/14/21 = 197.4
    5/21/21 = 197.4
    5/28/21 = 197
    6/4/21 = 196.7
    6/11/21 = 196.4
    6/18/21 = 196.4
    6/25/21 = 196.4
    7/2/21 = 195.2
    7/9/21 = 195.2
    7/16/21 = (vacation)
    7/23/21 = 195.8
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @JNettie73 -- I have a couple of really nice Soma bras that I bought when I was at my thinnest, but now they are just a bit too small. They are still in really great shape, and they were expensive, so I want to fit into them before my current bras wear out. I tried one on the other day, and I still have some "overflow" on the left side. Those bras are one of my many clothing motivators--probably the priciest. LOL
  • AmberlyMarlene
    AmberlyMarlene Posts: 114 Member
    edited July 2021
    Returning because I've been bouncing around 240 for months. Trying to add some change by being more active in the community and adding more/new friends to motivate and support as well as be motivated and supported by. Feel free to send me a friend request!

I know I can move forward, but I let myself get distracted. I need to be more invested. I'm not sure why I feel less motivated than I did a few months ago when my goal is still far out of reach.

Amberly
    26 yrs old
    5ft 7 1/2in
    Starting weight 280

July Start Weight 241.6
    Current weight 234.4
    July Goal is 227 (That will get me into the next lowest obesity classification by BMI)
    Long term goal 170 (But subject to change once I grow nearer)
  • AmberlyMarlene
    AmberlyMarlene Posts: 114 Member
    edited July 2021
    Dang I just realized the end of July is one week. I don't think I'll be reaching that July goal after all :#
  • JNettie73
    I got the scale moving again!!! Wahoo. I usually weigh in on Sundays but since the month ends Saturday I will weigh in then.

@skinnyjeanzbound- I am making the plank challenge my goal for August.
    I am sure you will fit into those bras soon!!!

@AmberlyMarlene Welcome. I sent you a friend request.

Does anyone use Fitbit? If so I can use some more friends on there. Feel free to add me. My username is JeanetteF. I have the same profile picture as on here.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @JNettie73 -- I tried to add you on Fitbit, but I'm not sure if it worked. You can try to add me. My username is Karen M.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Happy Friday everyone!
    I got a little sidetracked with eating out this week being it was so hot and humid. I got tired of eating grilled cheese sandwiches and salad. Me and Riley just came back from an hour and 15 minute walk. OK so I am not very good with at home exercises. I want to do the plank challenge with you guys and I will attach a photo of a wall plank that would be pretty easy I think for me to do. However I am wondering are you supposed to hold in your stomach or tighten your butt is there other things I need to do other than just this pose.
    @karen - OK that thing that you showed that you use on your stove can it be used on a gas stove?
    I agree probably once winter hits I’ll go back to the gym I was using planet fitness also. Part of the issue is my new job I get off work way much later and I just feel like I don’t have time to go to the gym and eat dinner all by 7 PM. I have this thing where I don’t eat after 7 PM or at least I try not to.
    @JNettie73 - As a big girl in the breast area I have found my favorite bra so far is ruby ribbon it is a little bit more expensive for most places. However I tend to buy them when they’re on clearance which makes them the same price as Lane Bryant where I used to buy my bras.

As for me it was a long week. I am going to see the comedian fluffy tomorrow night so hopefully that will be enjoyable and I’ll laugh my butt off. I think I will do a little gambling in before the show and maybe I’ll win some money too. it is supposed to be only 80° here on Sunday with no wind so I think I will be working in my flowerbeds most of the day they need weeding really bad.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    fnhq5q1tk4tq.png
  • mnwalkingqueen
    @JNettie73 - I have a fitbit it didn’t fit anymore at 280lb but now that I lost some weight I will try again. I pretty much used it just to track my steps have no friends on there.

• JNettie73

July Start Weight: 232.8
    July Goal Weight: 228

I weigh in on Sundays.

July 4: 232.8
    July 11: 229
    July 18: 229
    July 25: 229
    July 31: 226.8

I did a weigh in today because tomorrow starts a new month. I finally got the scale moving again! Tomorrow I will take measurements and progress pictures. I am on a 12 day streak of 10K steps. I am so proud of myself. Last night I was 500 steps shy of 15K. I was too tired to do a quick walk around the house to get in that last 500. I skipped going to my daughter's gymnastics class to get my workout in before we go to the beach. I didn't trust I would have the energy or motivation to get my workout in after the day. Today was cardio, abs and upper body exercises/ weights. I really feel it today in my arms. Tomorrow I am starting the plank challenge! I am excited to try something new.

Does anyone have any fun plans for the weekend?

@skinnyjeanzbound I tried adding you on Fitbit. I hope I sent the request to the correct person.
    @mnwalkingqueen thanks for the recommendation for the bras. I will look into those. If you decide to try Fitbit again and want to add friends feel free to add me
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @AmberlyMarlene -- Welcome to the thread! I find posting here regularly makes me more accountable. I hope it helps you too.

@mnwalkingqueen -- Yes, the grill works well on a gas or electric stovetop. I would say tighten your core muscles while doing the wall plank. Yeah, it's always hard to adjust eating and workouts to a new schedule--I go back to work on the 12th, so I'm bracing myself for that shift.

@JNettie73 -- I didn't get a friend request, so I will message you my email address, and maybe you can search using that. Congrats on getting the scale moving--that's always a relief after a plateau.

AFM-- I was glad to see my weight drop back to my pre-vacation number, especially since it was showing 197 earlier in the week. On Monday my 9 year old niece came over for a pool day and sleepover. We had fun, but it reaffirmed my life choice not to have children of my own. LOL! It was pretty hot here Mon-Wed, but I still managed to get in one longer walk. Yesterday was much cooler, so I spent a lot of the day doing yard work. Today, I was pretty lazy--just ran some errands and stopped by a friend's house for lunch. Tomorrow, we are going to my husband's mother's for a visit. She has Borderline Personality Disorder, which she won't treat, so she's difficult to deal with. Fortunately, my husband is good as setting boundaries, so we will only be there a couple of hours. My hope is to finish trimming the bushes when we get home, and maybe have time for a walk as well.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Karen
    51 years old
    5'7"
    SW = 247 (March 2011)
    Weight on 1/1/2021 = 207.4
    GW: 185 (my previous low)

5/7/21 = 198.4
    5/14/21 = 197.4
    5/21/21 = 197.4
    5/28/21 = 197
    6/4/21 = 196.7
    6/11/21 = 196.4
    6/18/21 = 196.4
    6/25/21 = 196.4
    7/2/21 = 195.2
    7/9/21 = 195.2
    7/16/21 = (vacation)
    7/23/21 = 195.8
    7/31/21 = 195.2
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Hey Everyone!
    Staring weight again 280lb
    Mini goal 265lb
    Big goal 200lb
    Currently 267.3lb

I have worked on loving myself a lot the last year and actually took a picture at the comdey show lastnight.
    0sptyplngcyk.jpeg
  • JNettie73

August Start Weight: 225.8
    August Goal Weight: 220

I weigh in on Sundays.

August 1: 225.8
    August 8:
    August 15:
    August 22
    August 29:

My measurements went down approximately 1-2 inches with the exception for neck and arms. They remained the same. Both my thighs increased by 1.5 inches. I did add in leg exercises in July so it is possible muscle gain is causing the increase. The other possibilities are everything is shifting and awkward OR I didn't measure at the widest part of my thigh last time. I am not going to get too hung up on it. I know I am working hard nad doing everything I can right now.

My goals for August are:
    • The 30 day plank challenge
    • Continue to hit 10K steps daily
    • Try 4 new recipes - one new recipe per week
    • Shed 4-5 lbs
    • Continue with my regular exercise routine
    • Continue to drink my water daily
    • Continue to lower my glucose levels