How do I get from this body to this body? With pictures...

Hello 👋

I have included a picture of my actual body so please be kind! (See pic) I gave birth three months ago.

I would basically like to look like a muscular stick. Like Kayla Itnsines (see pic).

I want to be strong and eat more without gaining as much fat so I figured muscle mass is the way to go!

I know natural shape and my process will determine how I end up but I would like to give it my best shot!

I have been dieting to lose fat. I started at 73kg and now I am 59.4kg. See pic for todays stats.

I am a little bored of dieting and wondered if I could both lose fat and gain muscle at the same time?

How do I do this?

I have to do it at home as I have two small children.

I have a lot of outdoor space and a kettle bell 🔔

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you 😊

Replies

• stephaniek511
    stephaniek511 Posts: 86 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »

Your role model pic is wearing quite a bit of compression garments and is tanned while you're in your natural state. In short, you're likely doing much better than you realize. You look great!

To meet your goals, have you considered body recomposition (aka recomp)?

I couldn't agree more - to be honest, I don't see significant differences between the two pictures aside from what MatledTea has pointed out. There is a thread in one of the forums in here specific to women and weight training...lots of pictures, pointers, and encouragement (muscle mass takes months to achieve although I've been pleasantly surprised with the progress).
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    I would agree with a recomp. So eat around maintenance, around 100-120g protein and follow a structured lifting routine. And most importantly, have patience

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • Somanyquestions2021
    Somanyquestions2021 Posts: 8 Member
    Thank you 😊 everyone!

I looked up body recompostion. Figured out I will need about 130g or protein per day. But you can only digest 25g of protein on one sitting meaning I will probably have to eat 5 small meals per day.

I have heard of people doing this.

Maybe I should get some protein powder for inbetween main meals 🤔

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Yup; protein powder, as a supplement, may be helpful to you!

Be open to experimenting with flavors and protein types (whey vs various plant-based options).

Not sure where the 25g per sitting came from (as I've seen bolus amounts of around 30g being touted on sites like SuppVersity, as per the link to one of his 2016 articles below) but if that's your max then work up to it. Personally, I don't have more than two scoops/servings of any powder in a day. My brands (plant-based even though I eat animals) range from 25-30g per scoop.

https://suppversity.blogspot.com/2016/11/pwo-nutrition-40-vs-70g-food-protein-no.html?m=1

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Thank you 😊 everyone!

I looked up body recompostion. Figured out I will need about 130g or protein per day. But you can only digest 25g of protein on one sitting meaning I will probably have to eat 5 small meals per day.

Your body can uptake and metabolize whatever protein you eat but from a muscle protein synthesis (MPS) standpoint, it will max out around 25-40g. This depends on the protein source. There is some evidence that spreading protein 3-4x/day is more beneficial than 1-2 meals but its not a hugely different. MPS is the driver for muscle protein turnover (creation of new cells).

This is bit in the weeds, so don't stress about always doing that.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Thank you 😊 everyone!

That's a myth.
    It's also on the lowside for the myth!

It's based on rate of confusing the rate uptake but your body is very good at slowing digestion to uptake larger intakes over a longer time period.
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    A lot of it is all smoke and mirrors as already said above but it can be done. It's taken me 3 years to get to this stage as seen in my photos with 4 days a week lifting, a good diet and excellent recovery protocols.

You look lovely by the way, you do want to address the goals that you would like and see if they're realistic in terms of determination, consistency and most of all time away from your new child?

I was a very small person growing up and wanted to be bigger, I'm 5 foot 3 and 133lbs. I love having that strong look, truth be told I am cutting fat right now but not until abs show. They don't serve me at being so thin.

Good luck to you x1jzxxjojgkr7.jpg

• Somanyquestions2021
    Somanyquestions2021 Posts: 8 Member
    I have two children and they will be with whilst I am working out. No going to the gym for me!

Luckily I have outdoor space! 😎