Random Thought For the Day

Replies

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,253 Member
    39o82o5cadnm.jpeg

These were ugly in the 1970s,
    nothing has changed.
    I have no clue why anyone would want to wear that much denim.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    What about these ?

kxbdwyakc6c2.jpg
  • honey_honey_12
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    What about these ?

kxbdwyakc6c2.jpg

My dad wore those. 😄
  • honey_honey_12
    extyzetqrayl.jpeg

You like the jumper?
    Awesome, more power to ya! ✌️
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    39o82o5cadnm.jpeg

nothing has changed.

Lol. And, mom jeans, even for men & kids, seem to be the hot garment of late. The stores are becoming filled with them in SoFL, I've noticed, as they're stocking for late summer-early fall... already.

There's a CA woman who blogs occasionally about denim, always unfavorably. What's amazingly funny (as in tragic) are the $1,500-5,200 distressed, silly designs from haute couture designers & their glowing descriptions from magazine/website fashion writers. Some of them are hard to believe. Bonus is, I never saw anyone wear any of them, even when I lived in L.A.

These confused gems are only $430 on ShopBob, purveyor of all that is ugly in quasi-mental-fashion, down from $1,350 (a bargain, cuz they're last season's... so last season):

eb4grvex51px.png

And, in keeping with insane asymmetry, there's this gem, for the girl who doesn't know if it's this or that... $2,415, available wherever Junya Watanabe fright threads are sold:

5fcj1p7azs02.png
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    I think my exterminator may at least holler at me when he shows up unexpected from now on…

He was supposed to be here tomorrow for monthly preventative spraying. Someone from the company shows up and just goes to work.

It don’t confront me none but ol’ boy got to experience a full on suns out buns out day in all its glory when he came through the pool house area to the pool. 😂🤣😂🤣

We didn’t shake hands or fist bump but that’s probably cool this time.
  • honey_honey_12
    39o82o5cadnm.jpeg

nothing has changed.

Lol. And, mom jeans, even for men & kids, seem to be the hot garment of late. The stores are becoming filled with them in SoFL, I've noticed, as they're stocking for late summer-early fall... already.

There's a CA woman who blogs occasionally about denim, always unfavorably. What's amazingly funny (as in tragic) are the $1,500-5,200 distressed, silly designs from haute couture designers & their glowing descriptions from magazine/website fashion writers. Some of them are hard to believe. Bonus is, I never saw anyone wear any of them, even when I lived in L.A.

These confused gems are only $430 on ShopBob, purveyor of all that is ugly in quasi-mental-fashion, down from $1,350 (a bargain, cuz they're last season's... so last season):

eb4grvex51px.png

And, in keeping with insane asymmetry, there's this gem, for the girl who doesn't know if it's this or that... $2,415, available wherever Junya Watanabe fright threads are sold:

5fcj1p7azs02.png

Truly, truly ugly 😂
  • BraydanTaffy
    39o82o5cadnm.jpeg

nothing has changed.

eb4grvex51px.png

5fcj1p7azs02.png

Truly, truly ugly 😂

On the plus side, if you have an annoying teen begging for designer duds... with my minimal sewing skills, I could fashion these 2 gems in 30-min each, with pieces taken straight from the Goodwill bag of mix & matches.

That'll teach her... careful what you ask for, teen daughter. :smile:
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    It’s a pretty damn good day for all when you show up at the old folks home and the vacancy sign is not lit.
  • honey_honey_12
    pm9vacld44pi.gif
  • honey_honey_12
    f8fsd2jtl9et.gif
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Reminder to myself...

z0745q5k1at1.png

@BraydanTaffy

You are.

A kind and beautiful soul.

…. Don’t get cocky.
  • BraydanTaffy
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Reminder to myself...

z0745q5k1at1.png

@BraydanTaffy

You are.

A kind and beautiful soul.

…. Don’t get cocky.

:smile: You're too late.

Look what you've done, now... my mum wants you to call her.

Dear lord... good luck, man. Godspeed.

BTW... I claim to not know you... you deal with her.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Reminder to myself...

z0745q5k1at1.png

Did that period belong or did you not finish the statement? Be kind of.....what?
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    There's an ad for a tee shirt that keeps popping up for me here. It says
    "I'm pretty confident my last words will be, well $h!t, that didn't work"

I need to buy that shirt. :)
  • bby_dvll
    bby_dvll Posts: 429 Member
    i really need to fix my schedule ive been having all nighters
  • honey_honey_12
    A girl could really get hurt feelings if she paid too much attention.
    Hence, it slides right off my old back.
    😁✌️
  • BraydanTaffy
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Reminder to myself...

z0745q5k1at1.png

Did that period belong or did you not finish the statement? Be kind of.....what?

Looks complete to me. If not for you, perhaps add a ... & make it your own statement.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    There's an ad for a tee shirt that keeps popping up for me here. It says
    "I'm pretty confident my last words will be, well $h!t, that didn't work"

I need to buy that shirt. :)

I need to break down one day and finally buy the, "Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting" tshirt.