What irks you today?

Replies

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,264 Member
    tmanfive wrote: »
    Yellow jackets. Grabbing PHup out the shed.

They lit me the eff up.

Y’all’s dead.

My ex was bulldozing early this summer,
    got attacked by Yellowjackets, stung 17 times.
    It was awful!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited July 2021
    That I always upset myself by reading comments from old people on any weight related article 👍 They always be like “back in my day, 20-22 inch waists were commonplace and if you were over 24 inches you were a big disgusting fatty 🤢” Like bro how can that even be healthy cause at bmi 17.5 mine is simply not budging under 24 😭. And then they hit you with the “clothing sizes have been altered to suit the egos of fat women” (actual direct quote) like come on I hear people saying my size is the start of the undesirable range and you want to tell me every old person I walk past on the street thinks I’m morbidly obese 🥲

Don’t read the comments, you’ll feel better.
    How old is old?
    I’m 60, that’s pretty old but I NEVER had a 24” waist, at least not as far back as I remember.
    Of course, the 1970s kept some of my braincells. 😂

Ignore that ****, it really can be a downer. 😊✌️

Why, I remember way back in my day, my waist was smaller than 24", I believe it was in 1953 when I was born.

Haha it was the 70's for you too? Who was the keeper of all those brain cells?
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member

They lit me the eff up.

Y’all’s dead.

It was awful!

It’s all good. Only hurts for a minute or three. Then itches. The welts itch.

If anyone is curious, the key is to bow up and not go all ape *kitten* swatting at them. Only a few will follow if you calmly haul yourself away.

It’s not the sting but the itching that I hate.

Of course, I’ve never been on heavy machinery and attacked so probably a much different experience for him.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

They lit me the eff up.

Y’all’s dead.

It was awful!

Yikes!! Those are painful nasty aggressive little critters. And no matter what Tman suggests, it's built into my nature to swat those Ba$tards before they ever get near enough to me. I get a tad crazy near them, probably frightens them as much as me. Hope your ex is alright and not allergic at all. :(

Reminds me of kind of a funny story. My sister was mowing their bank many moons ago and started jumping up and down all frantic like(yellow jacket nest). Her dh was standing at the top watching her, while sipping coffee. She finally makes it to the top of the bank and asks him what he was doing and why he didn't come down to help. He said 'I thought maybe you ran over your foot with the mower'. Either way..... :D
  • tmanfive
    To be honest, Ms. @ReenieHJ, it’s the same with bees.

I’ve helped take care of honey bees without protection and the only time I’ve been stung has been when ol’ boy made a sudden move or swatted. 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,123 Member
    Today I am irked by neuropathy.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,123 Member
    What irks me…. Well.. I’d love to tell ya’

😇
  • Peachesand_cream
    Peachesand_cream Posts: 594 Member
    Someone once again has tried to tell me that a pound of fat weighs more than a pound of muscle I get it math is HARD but a pound is a pound IS A POUND

A pound of fat has more VOLUME and less DENSITY than a pound of muscle. They both weigh a pound though. No math, just mag... I mean science.

Dis why my fat jeans are pinchy? 😭
  • Someone once again has tried to tell me that a pound of fat weighs more than a pound of muscle I get it math is HARD but a pound is a pound IS A POUND

A pound of fat has more VOLUME and less DENSITY than a pound of muscle. They both weigh a pound though. No math, just mag... I mean science.

No. They (the "fat jeans") are just like everyone else with eyes and think you have a cute butt and want to pinch it.
  • Peachesand_cream
    Peachesand_cream Posts: 594 Member
    edited July 2021
    Someone once again has tried to tell me that a pound of fat weighs more than a pound of muscle I get it math is HARD but a pound is a pound IS A POUND

No. They (the "fat jeans") are just like everyone else with eyes and think you have a cute butt and want to pinch it.

It won't load 🙄
  • truGAINS
    truGAINS Posts: 656 Member
    Talks of mask mandates and lock downs
  • tmanfive
    M$ Tesms IVR…

Why does lil’ gal talk so slow?
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Meatheads at the gym.

Get over yourself.

You're not that big. You're not that tough.

Put down the 'gear' and find a gym that better suits your d'bag attitude.

He gave you a bogus cell phone number didn't he?

It's ok, there are plenty of fish n the sea.