WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🌞😊👋
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: prepped veggies and car for festival, church, celtic music festival.
    Bonus: 55 mins filing/decluttering keyboard, Freddie’s.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call T.RowePrice re: RDA, call Dr cancel Aug appt, call and cancel Greeley reservations, make goat milk yoghurt, reconcile Medicare part B statements, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: drop off cookies, transcribe district volunteer forms, research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, , confer with Susan and Rhonda about interest for serving on next board, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Jump back July:
    26-Catch yourself over-reacting and take a deep breath:

Happy birthday Mama! Miss you.

Barbie, limiting computer time, yes, think I’d feel better if I got up and did something after 30 mins on laptop. Setting timer now.
    Machka “snowflakes” brr! (Sorry Tracey ;} )
    Kylia “snowblower” invoices? Yikes!
    @snacker127 ((hugs)) hardest but kindest thing to do. Try to focus on the 11 good years you gave her, and that it wouldn’t have been kind to let her suffer.
    Katla yes there are still bears, but since put the spike strip back on the garbage can (and douses the inner bags of garbage with used motor oil) they’ve left our garbage alone. Yes there are two bear hunting seasons in Oregon, one controlled in the spring and ‘general’ Aug1-Dec 31. Not wanting to kill the bears just stop enticing them with our trash. Now, if the cougars that have been reported stalking the edges of our neighborhood show up on the trailcam I’m calling fish and wildlife. Sorry cats but you are too much a threat to my Skye terrier. I’m hoping your fox colored baby blanket will have a corner hood with foxy face and ears… kind of like this: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0251/3719/products/79615_8064_1024x1024.jpg?v=1588630782
    Neither am I fond of reptiles but even worse than snakes are ‘gators. [shudder]
    Annie does your mother get annual physical exams? ((hugs)) :cry: ((hugs)) Hooray for the honest, thrifty, muffler shop!
    Rita your son sure has your good looks!
    Julie “quickly sorted out passing spat with friend-colleague” Bravissima. Sometimes I think this is the absolute best use of our time and energy, other than healthy food prep and activity ;) Sending good vibes to you and your care team for August 4ths surgery. Starting rumor … :laugh: why not? Sorry to year of your sister’s accident. Is it possible the anesthesia was a contributing factor to her memory issues?
    Rebecca ditto what Carol said. Especially :love: the peonies in the aqua jar. But most beautiful is you enjoying yourself!
    Kim, I have read that murder rates have spiked through/since the pandemic, most recently in the SF Chronicle.
    https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/Here-s-where-Oakland-s-homicides-have-spiked-16212912.php
    https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/San-Francisco-crime-is-starting-to-look-more-like-16239804.php
    Sorry, couldn’t capture the graph as I haven’t subscribed… perhaps I should ;) Sadly I think there have always been, and always will be, people who put their own “wants” over other people’s lives.
    Barbie reminding myself that I “like to … X and that xxing is fun,” brilliant! I can use this with both transcribing and dinking around in the dirt.
    Machka congrats on the “actually a real thing”. Thanks for the links. Hope no one finds discussion of statistics offensive. I recognize that there are “…lies, d@mn lies… and statistics” :laugh:. Thought the same think about Tracey’s daughter, she could travel widely had have many clients from just this thread… ;)
    @Pdd1216 Those doggoned steroids, helpful but so hungry making. New decade this weekend? Birthday? Or Scale Victory? Either way congratulations!
    Tracey WOW that craft room is gorgeous!!! Well done!
    Allie glad your friend Jim has moved in nearby. Is he someone you could walk with?
    KJ WOW!!! So glad you weren’t flooded out from under the overpass, nor touched by the tornado. But most glad of all that you and Colin were together and able to find humor in your exciting adventure.
    Penny your trip sounds delightful.
    Heather thanks for the Aspivenin recommendation.
    Welcome @anelou66 Anne from DE! Great goals! Watch for the link to the August thread late July 31.

Big oops, reset the screen timer 3 times. Fortunately Tumble’s tummy timer is not re-settable.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: leaner/stronger/kinder than June.
    daily: sit with Joe: 26, weigh/wii: 24/0/0; steps>6701=5299 vits=22.5, log=25, CI<CO=22, CI<250<CO=21, Tumble=18, Shadow=20, mfp=23, outside=31, up hill=26, clean 10=12.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=. Wed:TC=3, PW=2. Thurs: Fri:TC=4. Sat:PW=4. rX x5=4.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/4: 140.7 7/11: 142.9 grr! 7/18: 141.8
    7/25: 140.4  7/31:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=16 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Our youngest daughter ended up spending the whole weekend here organizing the craftroom. She did most of the work and I’m ecstatic with the results. It was supposed to be Friday evening, Saturday only but it actually went into this morning. Her husband came this morning and made breakfast for us on his way to do his 1 week practicum in the OR for his paramedic course.

Can you send her over here to help me with my home office??? :smiley:

She would love it, it's her favourite thing to do. We are going to do another couple rooms at our house soon I think.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,639 Member
    Barbara Oregon Coastie- no as of right now...he is still working full time at the PO but think he will retire soon... wanted to get him a housewarming present so ordered a plug in doorbell.we all have one here.. Ill have to run up and hopefully his daughter didnt get one .
    Went and picked up Homer so both the boys are here,did some dishes and had some yogurt
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,128 Member
    Tinkered with my typescript this afternoon while the cleaner was here. Stumbling in the dark with layout, but I have made a bit of progress. I now need to write an intro, which I didn't do with the first volume. My worry is that this volume is too long for the original book size, which would be annoying.
    Yesterday I made my first proper Instagram post. Baby steps.
    If anyone wants to follow me, and a couple of you have asked, I am heathereylesiam

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2021
    Allie – It is good that your friend Jim has moved into the complex where you live. Having good friends close by is good for you and for him. :star:

Bananas & Oranges – Like Machka, I also wonder whether your sister was wearing a bike helmet at the time of her accident. I wear a helmet to ride a horse, and also to ride a bike. I hope things turn out well for her. :flowerforyou:

Peach & Barbie – I bought more yarn and started over. I enjoy knitting & I am making progress. The baby is not due until late October. :star: Our living room couch is full of my knitting project. :ohwell:

Rebecca – I love blueberries! :smiley:

Machka – We are now free of masks at the grocery store and other public places. People with health issues are still wearing masks in public for self-protection. Grocery stores in our town are open for business to everyone, and some of those customers still prefer to call in their order and have it delivered to them in their cars in the parking lot. :flowerforyou:

Tracey – Your youngest daughter did a beautiful job in the craft room. :bigsmile: Going to the airshow with your eldest daughter & grands sounds like good fun. :bigsmile:

Carol – I hope you were able to get your car air-conditioning recharged. There isn’t much more miserable than a hot car on a hot day. :noway:

Penney – So happy for you! Spending time with your daughter and her fiancé is wonderful. :heart:

Anne – Welcome! :star:

Heather – Sorry to hear that your niece and her boyfriend have covid despite having two jabs. I hope it is a very mild case. :star:

Allie – I envy you for being able to get your dog, Homer for a visit along with Alfie. Our dog passed away and I miss him soooo much! We will be travelling in October for the birth of DS and DDIL’s second baby. We will be the baby sitters for our grandson while they are in the hospital for the birth of #2. We will start looking for a pup as soon as we get home again. Dogs are excellent companions. I miss ours. :heart:

Barbara – The fox blanket is beyond cute! I may give it a try once I get the knitting is done. I created eyes for a previous blanket. Ears & a nose may be fun, too. :bigsmile:

The deer ate part of my tomato plant and I rescued it. I moved it onto our fenced deck. Deer live among us right in the middle of town. :grumble: I will be knitting today —

Katla in NW Oregon
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Tracey - The craft room looks great! Your daughter did a fantastic job.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    edited July 2021
    Allie this is why I am frustrated about neighbors. I would like to stay overnight at son's, but I do not want to leave my car on the street overnight. Without being able to park safely in garage I won't stay overnight. Abandoned car still there. Plan to call tomorrow on it.

Another neighbor has also called on it numerous times.
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 614 Member
    THAT'S IT!!! YOU GOT THIS!
    n6cj7jvnq70a.png
  • Katla49
    B)
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 929 Member
    Tinkered with my typescript this afternoon while the cleaner was here. Stumbling in the dark with layout, but I have made a bit of progress. I now need to write an intro, which I didn't do with the first volume. My worry is that this volume is too long for the original book size, which would be annoying.
    Yesterday I made my first proper Instagram post. Baby steps.
    If anyone wants to follow me, and a couple of you have asked, I am heathereylesiam

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I followed you. Looking forward to your posts. I like Instagram a lot. It is a collection of stories told by images and rarely does my feed get political. I keep track of restaurant specials and hours, special events, some news, etc. that way. It is easy to update, so businesses use it a lot for fluid information.

Tina in CA - where it's unusually rainy and muggy.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,639 Member
    I enjoy having Homer here and he is with somebody.. once he passes I probably will hand Toms key back to him as I wouldnt need to go there anymore.. he does have a fob for here only in case he has to come get Alfie if something happens.and im ok with that.
    Lindsey and Evan did the reveal for Jim but i dont think he is here full time yet. With him everything is baby steps it took him almost 3 yrs to buy a place ,where he lives now you pay by the week so he isnt in a rush lol..
    A few more days and i go see the dr about my eyes.. here is hoping they can figure it out.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,962 Member
    Auntiebk yes my mother gets physicals but she tells the doctor everything is fine. And she won't let me go with her. At least so far.
    The next one is in November.
  • Katla49
    I am at the fitness club watching men’s ping pong and pedaling a stationary bike. Yoga will begin about 30 minutes from now.

It seems odd that ping pong is an olympic sport. I think about track, swimming, weightlifting & equestrian competitions along with gymnastics as Summer Olympic sports.

I plan to watch later today while I knit.

Katla
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Tracey- your craft room looks amazing!!! I need to start working on mine- it is about 1/4 the size with about that much stuff in it (haha). Maybe now that my daycare girl will be going to school in the mornings I can start working on it. I want it done so I can actually use it- can't barely even get in the room right now so sew and do my crafts in the living room.
    Debbie
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Zagadee ~ Welcome! I live in Marietta, GA and am originally from Forsyth, GA.

Carol
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    B):)