The Fight of my Life -Update WaistBasket

Replies

• Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    29 Pounds down. This is exciting.

My food log is not perfect but without extras. No more extra dressing. No more extra egg. No more extra sides. No more extra bread. No more extra cookies. No more extra gravy. No more extras of anything. One portion is all I can have. It's an adjustment. It's hard. I am used to overeating. I feel like starving but I am not.

And I am of the soda. This is huge.

Thank you all for routing for me. I will not let you down. I will not let me off the hook.

You're awesome. Congrats for getting off soda.

If you can do it, I can do it, too -- I stopped eating candy bars several weeks ago (they say there are two kinds of people, abstainers and moderators. A moderator will feel deprived if they cut out a food, but an abstainer is happier without and doesn't miss it. One candy bar turns to one a day for me).

One foot in the front of the other, one day at a time. Consistency over perfection.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,239 Member
    ✨🌟💐🎖🏆🎖💐🌟✨
  • phil_dubya
    phil_dubya Posts: 3 Member
    What I take from this:

I can fix my future. I will not fail but struggle occasionally. I am not alone. I will have to adjust my goals after a while. I need to be patient. I need to read more and learn as I go. I am changing my life. I have to get to the roots of my overeating. A little bit of anger is healthy fuel, too much might be a problem.

What I feel is normal. Others have been there before.

Very well done, you're doing great :)

This is a health attitude, I would print your words above and read them daily, you've got this :smiley:
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    @TheWaistBasket I've felt that way before, but we can't go back and change things, we can only make changes as we move forward. And...you are here and moving and doing your best to eat healthy. Congratulations on 33 pounds lost! Before you know it, it will be 50 pounds and more steps every day. I can't wait until you show us your 100# down picture. You've got this!!
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited July 2021
    @TheWaistBasket, think of the you in May. The strength she had to start, and to reach out for help. The bravery she had to join MFP. The dedication she’s built to work out new habits. The courage she’s had to take those first steps, and to keep taking those 1,100 steps a day, even when it isn’t easy or convenient.

Think of how powerful she was. Of how powerful you *are*.

The you of 2022, of 2025, will look back in absolute awe of what you have come through. That’s who’s opinion matters. Keep going.
  • Une_Poire
    Une_Poire Posts: 55 Member
    I lost another 4 pounds. I am doing it. I found "Eating well" and I have cooked new dinners. Healthy, yummy, low calories. I am learning. 33 pounds less and nobody seems to notice. Still huge, still big but less.

I have never been more aware of my weight and my size than now. I have never been angrier with myself than now while I am living healthier. Why did I let it happen? How did I get so big?

I want to overeat and every time I feel like giving in, I get up and walk fast to the other side of the room, or the garage. I am still out of breath quickly, I can hardly make it. I walk 1100 - 1400 steps a day and it's killing me. Will I ever be able to walk further? A mile? How did I let it happen? I look at my potbelly-tummy and feel disgusted. Why now? Did I not see it before?

It seems I needed to become aware of my size and my weight. It seems I needed the anger to push forward. I am happy about the weight loss. I am excited about trying new things. (But still angry with myself.)

You WILL be able to go further, it will happen gradually and in time you will look back and think, "Wow, look how far I've come!" but you might not see that in the day-to-day. I hope you can give yourself a little a grace and forgiveness - as @coblujay said, you can't go back and change the past now.

People may notice and not say anything, too. Weight/Body shape is a loaded topic, and people don't want to say the wrong thing. So don't take a lack of comment to mean no one has noticed. And even if they haven't, does that matter? You're noticing - that's what truly matters! Hang in there!
  • PepeLPew
    PepeLPew Posts: 92 Member
    edited July 2021
    I lost another 4 pounds. I am doing it. I found "Eating well" and I have cooked new dinners. Healthy, yummy, low calories. I am learning. 33 pounds less and nobody seems to notice. Still huge, still big but less.

It's normal and understandable that you may wish for others to see your changes and let you know, therefore validating your hard work and efforts. I do the same thing. Continue posting updates. The community has been excellent in supporting you and will continue doing so on your journey. But the most important person who notices is you first. You know your body, you know your efforts. Work hard in silence and let your success be the noise, as they say. Plus, at some point people will let you know in a while.

I have never been more aware of my weight and my size than now. I have never been angrier with myself than now while I am living healthier. Why did I let it happen? How did I get so big?

Completely understandable and rational. When you make that shift to take control of your life, it's as if you've been unplugged from the matrix. I do this often, asking myself how I could have spent decades eating crap food, sitting on my behind, just punishing my body. BUT...take this newfound awareness, harness it into motivation, and keep plugging away. Do not be angry - it isn't healthy. Just try and funnel it into motivation. When I am on my Peloton, the music is pumping, I get angry at myself for my past predicaments but channel it into extra effort into my current workout. Letting go of that anger is cathartic. Praise yourself every time you lose weight and accomplish small goals.

Forgive yourself for these past 'sins'. What counts is the present and you are crushing it.

I want to overeat and every time I feel like giving in, I get up and walk fast to the other side of the room, or the garage. I am still out of breath quickly, I can hardly make it. I walk 1100 - 1400 steps a day and it's killing me. Will I ever be able to walk further? A mile? How did I let it happen? I look at my potbelly-tummy and feel disgusted. Why now? Did I not see it before?

Yes, in due time. Pace yourself, set yourself small, attainable goals for the moment and chip away at them daily if you can.

To give you some perspective, I had never bought/used a stationary bike in my life before. 50 pounds overweight, I had my first class in late April 2021. I was terrified, honestly. After 15 minutes, I was exhausted. I didn't touch it again for 3 weeks. But then again, I got back on and set myself a small goal. One 20 minute ride. It nearly killed me but after I felt incredible. I did that for one week straight, during my teaching breaks or on lunch. I was screaming and huffing and puffing. My kids upstairs thought I was going through a exorcism. I pushed myself - nothing too crazy but past my comfort zone. The following week, the exercise was more manageable. The calories burned, distance gained on the bike motivate me to go further. 3 months in, I'm almost 15 pounds down, I'm doing 45 minute low impact/ HIIT rides and I know I've made big gains in cardiovascular function, stamina, etc. [/quote]

It seems I needed to become aware of my size and my weight. It seems I needed the anger to push forward. I am happy about the weight loss. I am excited about trying new things. (But still angry with myself.)

I can totally relate. But please make sure your anger isn't punitive. Anger can be a powerful force for change, but continue channeling it into motivation and improvement.

Set daily goals - how small they are isn't the priority. Meeting them and gradually increasing them, along with self-recognition of these accomplishments, consistently over time, can be a force for great change. Keep a journal if you can, on a daily/weekly basis. Get caught up in the excitement (yes, excitement - you are 33 pounds down!) of planning small goals, knowing that they all have the ability to contribute to your continued success.

Lastly, publicly acknowledging gratitude to yourself for taking this journey can be a powerful motivator. It's one of the things I LOVE about my Peloton classes. After basically being reborn in sweat in 20 minutes, the last song is always a pensive one and the instructor always affirms the importance of being grateful for the decision you've made to get on the bike, that day, that week, etc. It is huuuuuge.

Congratulations again on your excellent successes!

• PepeLPew
    PepeLPew Posts: 92 Member
    Cheesy567 wrote: »
    @TheWaistBasket, think of the you in May. The strength she had to start, and to reach out for help. The bravery she had to join MFP. The dedication she’s built to work out new habits. The courage she’s had to take those first steps, and to keep taking those 1,100 steps a day, even when it isn’t easy or convenient.

Think of how powerful she was. Of how powerful you *are*.

The you of 2022, of 2025, will look back in absolute awe of what you have come through. That’s who’s opinion matters. Keep going.

I got water in my eyes now. I want this to be true so badly.

It already IS TRUE. You have joined, you have made important changes. It's already started :smile:
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    You are a completely different person from when you started at day one. I can tell by you entries before and after. It sounds as if you just are having a not so good moment. This too shall pass. As far as people not noticing yet, when they do WOW! I still have people looking at me in shock and some even asking if I am sick from the weight loss. This will soon seem like a bad dream. Keep you head up and surround yourself with the positive gains you have made so far. You will soon be walking better and feeling revitalized. I would start first with a new profile picture, something more upbeat. You are a beautiful person inside and outside. Keep up the excellent work. Keep us all posted of your venture, we are all in it together.
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    I lost another 4 pounds. I am doing it. I found "Eating well" and I have cooked new dinners. Healthy, yummy, low calories. I am learning.

Cooking your own healthy food, and finding it yummy is a really great breakthrough! For my money, it's one of the best things you can do for weight loss and overall health. Eating yummy food is much more sustainable than dutifully eating "healthy" food you're not excited about. And being able to make your own food gives you so many more choices. You may find that over time your tastes become more refined, and your appetite for lower-quality foods diminishes.

But even beyond the health and weight loss, by learning to cook tasty food, you're accomplishing something! And that's important too. Not everyone can cook, and fewer still can cook well. You may find that this skill pays you dividends you never expected, including more enjoyment and satisfaction in life. I would encourage you to congratulate yourself a little with every new recipe or cooking skill you learn. Posting here is one way of doing that. You could also share with friends, neighbors, etc., when you think you're ready.
  • nannurse
    nannurse Posts: 20 Member
    Going off b/p meds
  • zagadee
    zagadee Posts: 22 Member
    Hello Beautiful people 😃
    I need some advice am really struggling so I decided to Came here to seek some advice/information to get batter I will be brief trust me!
    I sit 9-10hrs day infront of my monitors working I have have tried to stop the habit of snacking, I can2 find anything to help me or replace, I can’t find something to motivate me I have been fighting to loss weight for all my life.
    I can’t find motivation to keep going because I don’t see results regardless of how much exercise or diet I take that cause me to stop.I have healthy Issues too it’s a lot going on with my health so I need someone who been through this journey to help me or a partner who we can fight together throughout.Thanks for your time to read and respond God bless you.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,389 Member
    zagadee wrote: »
    Hello Beautiful people 😃
    I need some advice am really struggling so I decided to Came here to seek some advice/information to get batter I will be brief trust me!
    I sit 9-10hrs day infront of my monitors working I have have tried to stop the habit of snacking, I can2 find anything to help me or replace, I can’t find something to motivate me I have been fighting to loss weight for all my life.
    I can’t find motivation to keep going because I don’t see results regardless of how much exercise or diet I take that cause me to stop.I have healthy Issues too it’s a lot going on with my health so I need someone who been through this journey to help me or a partner who we can fight together throughout.Thanks for your time to read and respond God bless you.

Hi @zagadee and welcome to MFP. My first question for you, is this part of work, or are you simply browsing or gaming.

If it part of work, you -and your employee- need to build in time to get up and walk away from the monitor. What good will it do you to ruin your health, or them to (sorry to put it this way) retrain someone to replace you when you’re broken?

If it’s gaming or browsing, well you’re going to have to make a decision. Pleasure or health?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!