WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,388 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Allie – It is good that your friend Jim has moved into the complex where you live. Having good friends close by is good for you and for him. :star:

Bananas & Oranges – Like Machka, I also wonder whether your sister was wearing a bike helmet at the time of her accident. I wear a helmet to ride a horse, and also to ride a bike. I hope things turn out well for her. :flowerforyou:

Peach & Barbie – I bought more yarn and started over. I enjoy knitting & I am making progress. The baby is not due until late October. :star: Our living room couch is full of my knitting project. :ohwell:

Rebecca – I love blueberries! :smiley:

Machka – We are now free of masks at the grocery store and other public places. People with health issues are still wearing masks in public for self-protection. Grocery stores in our town are open for business to everyone, and some of those customers still prefer to call in their order and have it delivered to them in their cars in the parking lot. :flowerforyou:

Tracey – Your youngest daughter did a beautiful job in the craft room. :bigsmile: Going to the airshow with your eldest daughter & grands sounds like good fun. :bigsmile:

Carol – I hope you were able to get your car air-conditioning recharged. There isn’t much more miserable than a hot car on a hot day. :noway:

Penney – So happy for you! Spending time with your daughter and her fiancé is wonderful. :heart:

Anne – Welcome! :star:

Heather – Sorry to hear that your niece and her boyfriend have covid despite having two jabs. I hope it is a very mild case. :star:

Allie – I envy you for being able to get your dog, Homer for a visit along with Alfie. Our dog passed away and I miss him soooo much! We will be travelling in October for the birth of DS and DDIL’s second baby. We will be the baby sitters for our grandson while they are in the hospital for the birth of #2. We will start looking for a pup as soon as we get home again. Dogs are excellent companions. I miss ours. :heart:

Barbara – The fox blanket is beyond cute! I may give it a try once I get the knitting is done. I created eyes for a previous blanket. Ears & a nose may be fun, too. :bigsmile:

The deer ate part of my tomato plant and I rescued it. I moved it onto our fenced deck. Deer live among us right in the middle of town. :grumble: I will be knitting today —

Katla in NW Oregon

My favorite thing to do is make a blueberry compote that I pile on a stack of Kodiack protein pancakes! Just glorious!
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I am at the fitness club watching men’s ping pong and pedaling a stationary bike. Yoga will begin about 30 minutes from now.

It seems odd that ping pong is an olympic sport. I think about track, swimming, weightlifting & equestrian competitions along with gymnastics as Summer Olympic sports.

I plan to watch later today while I knit.

Katla

I was just watching that too on the tv at the on base gym. They serve with such a flourish, then a sneaky bonk over the net. It looked so strange. Then they'd stop and wipe their brows. Um, its a quick sport, but enough to draw sweat you have to mop up? I am not seeing it! I give them kudos for playing though.
    Rebecca
    Not a pingpong player but a tennis player (last time I played I wore shoes, sun lotion, earrings and a smile).🙃😂😂
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK ❤️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,122 Member
    Thanks Tina! :D

Just got back from the grands. Lovely time. We ate our fish and chips in the garden.
    We read their school reports, which were wonderful, of course. :p
    Chatted to DDIL about stuff. Then walked home.
    Good day. I'm under calories. Hooray!!!!
    I hope I will sleep tonight.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,752 Member
    Thank you all for the comments on my son and grandson. I think they are handsome too but I’m prejudiced! 😂

That was not a salamander but a Whiptail Lizard. Lots of different types of lizards out here. Harmless, the one I took a picture of was pretty friendly. It let me get pretty close. They eat bugs so we leave them alone.

The recipe for the spray I use to deter ants is : 1/2 ounce bottle each of peppermint and Clove oils to 1 quart of water to which 1/2 cup of alcohol is added. Mix and spray wherever you don’t want ants, or other bugs. Works real well on ants and I think mice as snakes as I haven’t seen any in the last 3 years I’ve been using this around my RV site.

No walk this morning. Spent the morning calming down a friend who was having a panic attack.

Gotta go jump start someone now.

RvRita
  • pdd1216
    pdd1216 Posts: 319 Member
    zagadee wrote: »
    Hello Beautiful people 😃
    Am new here trying to find a partner who we can support each other on this journey I need motivation I have been struggling for all my life am 50yrs now hope anyone can understand.
    We can motivate, support, encourage, advise each other I stay in Georgia Augusta.but still can we find ways to uplift ourselves throughout
    Thanks

Welcome! This seems to be a group with a lot of encouragement. I'm in Tennessee!
  • pdd1216
    pdd1216 Posts: 319 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »

@Pdd1216 Those doggoned steroids, helpful but so hungry making. New decade this weekend? Birthday? Or Scale Victory? Either way congratulations!
    New decade on the scale....I'll hold off on the birthdays if that's ok with you! ;)
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,773 Member
    Rebecca--Great news about DS, just wonder what the point was.

Terri--Happy Anniversary. 55 years something to be very proud of. I agree the years are flying by.

I hae been trying IF and doing 13-14 hours. Problem is my fasting blood surgars in the morning are high. I am usually 110 or below, but since doing this 140-150 or higher. I have only been doing this 6 days. Any ideas on what I can do. Thanks

Pip--Could you PM me your message and I would like to send a donation.

RV Rita--Great looking men in your famiy. Enjoyed the walking pictures.

Tracey--Sounds like you had a good weekend all the way around. Family time is the best.

Julie--How scary for your sister. Sounds like you have made a wise choice for this time about traveling there.

KJ--What an eventful trip. Glad you had a good time and got home safe.

Penny--What fun.

I had the last 3 days off and they just flew by. The funeral for our friends son was very nice and had a good showing of people, was happy about that.
    Saturday we went to Lincoln to visit my friend in the home. She is getting out to activities they are having and glad about that.
    Sunday we taught Sunday school at church and in the afternoon went to Kansas and had supper with DSIL. Now I work the next 4 days and since end of the months have report to get done and have an department pizza meeting tomorrow.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    Vickil57 wrote: »

Terri--Happy Anniversary. 55 years something to be very proud of. I agree the years are flying by.

I hae been trying IF and doing 13-14 hours. Problem is my fasting blood surgars in the morning are high. I am usually 110 or below, but since doing this 140-150 or higher. I have only been doing this 6 days. Any ideas on what I can do. Thanks

Tracey--Sounds like you had a good weekend all the way around. Family time is the best.

Julie--How scary for your sister. Sounds like you have made a wise choice for this time about traveling there.

Penny--What fun.

I had the last 3 days off and they just flew by. The funeral for our friends son was very nice and had a good showing of people, was happy about that.
    Saturday we went to Lincoln to visit my friend in the home. She is getting out to activities they are having and glad about that.
    Sunday we taught Sunday school at church and in the afternoon went to Kansas and had supper with DSIL. Now I work the next 4 days and since end of the months have report to get done and have an department pizza meeting tomorrow.

Thanks! I’ll pm u the link where you can donate online or the ddr to send the check. 🥰
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    B)
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,722 Member
    Kelly ... thank you for the report on the Van Gogh exhibit. It comes to my area next month and I'm going to try and purchase tickets for September during the day when the kids are back in school. It does seem pricey, especially with their ridiculous handling fee, but I don't do that much so I can splurge.

Beth near Buffalo.

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Sue in WA ~ I really admire your 97 yr old mama! Can't even imagine her saying she's ready to give up driving and needs a bit of help. What a blessing!

Carol in GA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Did a body pump DVD then went for my walk. You know, I get so sweaty that I’m seriously considering not wearing a bra when I go for my morning walk. Does anyone else go braless? The plan for tomorrow is to do an Interval Party DVD

Tracey – great craft room

Allie = are you using the CPAP?

Julie – so sorry to hear about your sister

Anne Fenwick Island – welcome!

Zagadee – welcome. You’ve come to a great place for support and encouragement

Went to bowling, then CVS to get cereal (it really wasn’t bad with the coupon and all. Of course, it was on sale. 18Oz boxes of cheerios for $2). Ceramics tonight.
    I’m going to post this since it’s really raining out

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    edited July 2021
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 41min 54sec, 51elev, 3.08ap, 78ahr, 93mhr, 5.32mi= 463c
    Strava app = 645c
    Zwift home spin bike- 34.05min, 138elev, 122aw, 65arpm, 128ahr, 159mhr, 18.86amph, 10.7mi= 369c
    Zwift app = 241c
    Walk to gym- 11.58min, .52mi= 54c
    Strava app = 64c
    Stairclimber- 4.33min, 250 steps, lvl6, 113ahr, 141mhr, 15floors= 58c
    Rowing machine- 20min, 51aw, 132ahr, 170mhr, 3944meters= 213c
    Standing crunches- 5min, 5 sets of 10ea= 19c
    Walk gym to home- 10.26min, .53mi= 57c
    Strava app = 65c
    Zwift home spin bike- 28.39min, 138elev, 184aw, 69arpm, 134ahr, 157mhr, 10.6mi= 312c
    Zwift app = 304c

Total cal- 1545

I stubbed my pinkie toe a couple days back, don’t remember when or how but when I put on my monkey feet to walk this morning, it hurt, I was limping in the beginning, but it felt better after a couple of miles. I was planning on running 6 miles at the gym but backed out cuz I didn’t think my toe would like it.

I rode the spin bike again after the gym today so was about 21miles total. For the MS Ride, people have been logging their miles and I have been 1st place in women but I had been 3rd place overall. Today I noticed I dropped down to 5th. Here are the miles:

1- 1532.81 miles , male
    2- 859.08, male
    3- 749.76, male
    4- 507.12 ME*
    5- 499.15, male

Had I only ridden 10 mi, I would have stayed in 5th, so I had to come back home and ride some more.

So this is out of 71 participants that are logging.

I also got smart and took a pair of bike shorts to put on when I did the rowing machine. I always rub myself raw when I row 20 minor more. It worked! Guess I don’t have enough fat or meat in my but bone area
  • Whidislander
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    My mother is going to be moving in with DD and me the beginning of September. She will be 97 next Sunday and has decided she wants to quit driving and could use a little more help with some things. So yesterday we moved a new bed into our guest room. We moved the daybed that was in the guest room into the library and the setee that was in the library into the living room. We also put a new nightstand in the guest room and mom's desk and a chair will go there. DD will take the nightstand that was there and her current one will go on freecycle. We had a struggle getting the daybed moved but we and it survived. We have company coming this week so needed to get things done.

KJ - Sounds like an exciting end to your adventure. Glad you had fun.

Rebecca- you need to take a run over here from Whidbey. You could help me pick blueberries and take lots home with you. Our bushes have so many berries this year the branches are bent nearly to the ground. I have 8 quart bags of berries frozen and picked enough for another this morning.

Tracy - Love the craft room. Would she like to take a crack at my library?

Everyone take care Sue in WA

Awe I appreciate the invite, but we never leave our island. We're like hermits, Puget Sound hermits! I am the only one here that like blueberries, so I just buy a small container every so often. I do appreciate the offer though!💖👍
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Vickil57 wrote: »

Penny--What fun.

I suppose the point was to get the supervisors to wear masks too, and not harass the lower ranks. I am sure many a butt were chewed out!
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Diet humor, its good for your funny bone.😁👍