WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Replies

• medee35
    medee35 Posts: 19 Member
    Hello Community,
    I am looking for a diet and fitness buddy who lives in the CSRA.If you are interested in creating a support system to help staying accountable while on this journey,Kindly please send me a massage or a friend request .The journey is lonely when you don't have anyone who understands your struggle or who's not on the journey Let's do this 🤗🤗 JOIN ME JOIN ME🙏🙏
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,185 Member
    Preserved lemons. Kiz - My favourite recipe is chicken and preserved lemons, with olives. Heaven! I use skinless, boneless, chicken thighs.

Had Gwendolen for lunch. :p Went wonderfully. She loved all the food, though it was extremely simple. I find making the table pretty is half the battle. We drank a bit too much, but that is rare for me these days. A very good day. Ended up with coffee in the garden.

All good.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    edited July 2021
    Preserved lemons. Kiz - My favourite recipe is chicken and preserved lemons, with olives. Heaven! I use skinless, boneless, chicken thighs.

Had Gwendolen for lunch. :p Went wonderfully. She loved all the food, though it was extremely simple. I find making the table pretty is half the battle. We drank a bit too much, but that is rare for me these days. A very good day. Ended up with coffee in the garden.

All good.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Sounds lovely. The lemons have a red pepper in there that makes it quite spicy. Its a product from thailand so thai spicy. That's why I paired it with the hollandaise sauce. I'm going to look for some preserved lemons without the pepper. And this fall when my lemons come in I'm going to try preserving and canning some in salt like this.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2021
    Sue in WA – I am impressed with your efforts to get ready for your 97 year-old mom to move in with you. She is so lucky to have you! :flowerforyou:

Penny – “Apple maps image collection vehicle--” Is this Apple the computer company? :huh:

Michele – Your bra decision may be driven by the size & weight of your breasts. In my family, the bigger they are, the happier they are to have a bra to help support them. :flowerforyou:

Rebecca – Potato chips=salt and swelling fingers. Grapefruit=acid reflux. I don’t see a win in this situation. :noway: :wink:

Machka – I also have things behind glass fronted doors. It really helps to cut out dusting issues. Most of the things stored there once belonged to my mom. Some ancient books were once owned by my Auntie Irene. She and I were both avid readers. :heart:

We have had a deer problem for the past couple of years. I noticed that the deer had munched on my tomato plant, so I moved it onto our deck, behind a glass fence. I caught the doe looking longingly at the tomato plant that is now on my deck. Last year they ate my bean plants. This year I didn’t bother to plant beans.

Katla in overcast NW Oregon
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Bras: I went all winter without wearing a bra due to sweaters and thick t-shirts. I absolutely hate them. Ordered a Bali Comfort Revolution bra from Amazon and it is amazingly light weight and cool in hot weather. It doesn't give much support (which I don't really need) just covers enough that I am not embarrassed.

Carol in GA
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,779 Member
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,925 Member
    kymarai wrote: »
    Good Tuesday!
    My "elephant" is dusting the house. I would rather scrub toilets or do windows than dust! I have put out the cloth and just spent a few minutes dusting somewhere. Our extra room is done and started on bedroom. I started last week sometime 😉
    Eating is going well in spite of DH. He is such a plain eater, but seems to be appreciating home cooked meals. Took food with us to Kentucky so less crap eating. I think we are eating out tonight....maybe....will choose wisely on limited menu. I had the munchies last night. Not enough calories I saw when I logged. Ended up munching on cherries while cleaning the kitchen. Win!
    Concrete saga continues. Our old front porch sank at the door, so collected water. They poured new one without a step out at front door. We put furniture back on it yesterday morning and washed it. Well.....the water is collecting at the door. I am beside myself with anger. When I realized our outside faucet is also broken (it is old), I told Steve we needed a plumber. He said S has one. S being our friend and the contractor. My comment.....we need a plumber! I am so over this. Concrete is expensive and the work quality has been less than expected.

I have caught up reading again.
    No notes as am on phone.

Congratulations!
    Welcome!
    Hugs!

Kylia in Ohio heading back to work. Is it really only Tursday?

PS- I go braless as much as possible but am a member of the itty bitty t***y club 🤪

I used to be able to go braless, not that I wanted to be that "itty bitty" when I got married first time- I think I was like a 32b at most. That is why when hubby #1 came to visit his brother(and me) he was SHOCKED to say the least. Now a 40D-his younger brother(on a different visit)actually asked me if I had work done ;)
    I was also only 98 pounds way back then. will never get back that low-goal is 127 so have 20 to loose now.
    Debbie
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited July 2021
    Got some boring end of month paperwork sorted. Is it still paperwork if I do it on my phone?

Annie in Delaware
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,185 Member
    Carol - Thank you! I've ordered a couple of their bras in white just now as the only time I ever wear one is to save my modesty in a white shirt or tee shirt. :p My problem is that I have a very broad swimmers back - 40 , but small breasts. Here's hoping these will work and not crush me!

Minicooper - sounds great. Service is soooooo important!

Now to wash up!

Please can everyone sign their name and location under every post. Thank you. :D

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,428 Member
    Vacuuming instead of going to the gym. My carpet is installed so it takes two hands to push it thru when making sweeps. Like the nap of it is wrong. My vacuum doesn't have settings on the wheels, its just automatic. I am resting while the dang plug cools off. Do your vacuum plugs ever get warm? My hands are 1/2 HR from getting blisters. (that's my excuse for why I don't vacuum, and heck its valid)! Thank goodness the carpet is tan with brown specks, you can not see if it needs vacuuming or not. Mostly the bedroom is fuzz bits from our clothes and socks.
    Glad you like my color montages! I will do one every so often because I like to make you ladies happy!
    💖 Rebecca
    Whidbey Island
    In Puget Sound
    In Washington state
    One of the Pacific Northwest States in North America
    On planet Earth
    (Ok Heather, you know me, I couldn't resist.... You asked and I ran with it.😁💖)
    Hugs!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    edited July 2021
    Carol - Thank you! I've ordered a couple of their bras in white just now as the only time I ever wear one is to save my modesty in a white shirt or tee shirt. :p My problem is that I have a very broad swimmers back - 40 , but small breasts. Here's hoping these will work and not crush me!

Minicooper - sounds great. Service is soooooo important!

Now to wash up!

Please can everyone sign their name and location under every post. Thank you. :D

Heather UK xxxxxxxx

If you are not comfortable giving your name. Give a nickname like Pip does. General idea where you are is helpful too. It is fun seeing what is going on throughout the world through pictures and your stories. It just helps when we write a resppnse to you. It makes it easier for you to find responses too. Often our group highlights your name given here to make it easier to find or starts off a response with a given name.

:heart: Margaret Mn (90's and humid today)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    Did some running around this afternoon for a couple hrs.poor Homer pooped on the rug i got most of it cleaned up ans sprayed and will go over it with vacume once it is dry
    Tom will pick him up in about an hour or so and I am supposed to go to riverfront park tonight for a concert, but it is 90 and bad air quality so i might not chance it.. will think for another hour or so.. will call the sleep Dr and tell them i got the ok from insurance for the Cpap
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,807 Member
    Have appointment with ophthalmologist this afternoon for followup of cataract surgery. Hoping he will say it is OK to begin doing water exercise again.

This morning working on getting beds made and bathrooms clean. Expecting company from SD tomorrow. Will have to go out and pick blueberries again too. Thinking of picking and taking a bunch to the food bank. DD, mom and I can eat only so many and I already have a bunch in the freezer.

Kylia - when I worked in the hospital therapy pools we had some cement work done for a new drain in the equipment room. I asked the contractor if he would guarantee the water would go down the drain and not stand in the corner and he told me they never guarantee cement work. We actually had one drain by the pool that if you poured a bucket of water over it the water would run away from the drain.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,022 Member
    Hmm. I went clothes shopping for a lakeside thing this weekend, and my local store had nothing. Poor colors, poor shapes. Lots of cropped tops, even one on a plus size mannequin. I guess I have to drive further.

Annie in Delaware
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,493 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 32min 39sec, 3.14ap, 110elev, 82ahr, 108mhr, 8.04mi= 739c
    Strava app = 974c
    Zwift home spin bike- 16.35min, 131elev, 121aw, 62arpm, 112ahr, 151mhr, 18.38amph, 5.08mi= 165c
    Zwift app- 115c
    Stairclimber- 15min, 122ahr, 140mhr, lvl6, 900steps, 56floors= 135c
    Elliptical- 15min, 5incl, 7-10resist, 119ahr, 134mhr, 1.71mi= 137c

Total cal 1190