WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: fire district volunteer/membership application form drafts 1.1 and 1.2 to SDAO HR expert with questions, draft drug and alcohol policy to Chief for suggestions/corrections, reconciled Discover card and paid bill, BP, cancelled Greeley reservations [sniff], made Roseburg reservations and plans to meet goddaughter and her six children at the Celtic Festival, line dancing,
    Bonus: one load laundry, beach stroll with Tracie and Shadow. Yesterday planted seed with S and R about serving on next board.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, T’ai Chi, dog group, make goat milk cheese, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Jump back July:
    27-Write down 3 things you are grateful for, even if today was hard: 1-indoor plumbing, 2-Lone Ranch Beach with T and Shadow at minus low tide before the wind came up, 3-Joe.

Rebecca “flip and flop” are my ladies’ names too! :laugh: Somehow a Nudestock T-shirt seems counter-intuitive ;) I’d worry that a warm plug means trouble either with the appliance or the wiring… :love: the blue poppies, the collection of ladybugs not so much…
    Macha “…borrow a twin stroller…” Now I’m laughing so hard I’m hiccupping!
    Kylia so sorry your friend the contractor did substandard work. Difficult position.
    Kiz thanks for the Pickled Planet Tacqueria mix hint. Will look for it here, and if not, then next month at Trader Joe’s.
    Welcome @medee35 in the CSRA. Many of us here don’t :)
    Sue in WA fingers X’d for the ok to go back in the water.
    Annie “Bless all you caregivers!” Amen, amen!
    Tracey you have the most beautiful eyes! I’m thinking along similar lines. I’m taking an rx for high cholesterol which makes my joints and muscles ache, makes it hard to get out of my chair, painful to walk and dance. A little voice in the back of my head is saying… “maybe a sudden heart attack is not such a bad way to go…”
    Debbie :love: your volunteer melon. I’m guessing “mystery shopping” is an opportunity only available in population centers?
    Michele I’d hate to have to fight Joe for my money, fortunately that is not our dynamic. Good luck at the dentist!

Lovely walk this morning with T and Shadow. Minus tide, hundreds of sea stars, anemones, thousands of limpets and snails, even a half dozen tiny silver swift fish and a sand crab. Stuck out line dancing the whole two hours but sat out several dances. Pretty pooped.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: leaner/stronger/kinder than June.
    daily: sit with Joe: 29, weigh/wii: 26/0/0; steps>6701=9586! vits=24.5, log=27, CI<CO=24, CI<250<CO=23, Tumble=19, Shadow=22, mfp=26, outside=34, up hill=29, clean 10=12.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=. Wed:TC=3, PW=2. Thurs: Fri:TC=4. Sat:PW=4. rX x5=4.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/4: 140.7 7/11: 142.9 grr! 7/18: 141.8
    7/25: 140.4  7/31:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=18 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    my sister had a major bike accident, by falling 2x when riding about a month ago. the handlebar went through her neck. She was lucky to have survived.
    she had major surgery but seems to be ok.
    she says she is having memory issues and trouble figuring things out.
    I'm afraid she may have vascular dementia. She is 65

Did she hit her head when she fell and was she wearing her helmet?

M in Oz

hello, no I don't think she hit her head (I didn't get that message). I don't know about helmets. her trachea was pierced though. pretty dramatic.
  • bananasandoranges
    Tracey WOW! WOW! WOW! Total fabuloso! :D You won't be able to start a project now for fear of messing it up. :p Congrats to your younger daughter. <3
    Air show looks fun too. B)

Julie - So sorry to hear about your sister. I think you are wise not to go. Our government changes its mind every 5 minutes on which countries are 'red'. France is pretty much out of bounds to us at the moment. DH's younger daughter was all set to go and see her older sister, who lives in the south, but she had to cancel. She was going with her sister's two ex husbands, who are all best friends. :o Instead they all had a Zoom Bastille Day party.

Had a terrible night's sleep last night. First one in ages. Oh well.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Thanks for your input! it's pretty crazy. I go back and forth.

• bananasandoranges
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Chose well: prepped veggies and car for festival, church, celtic music festival.
    Bonus: 55 mins filing/decluttering keyboard, Freddie’s.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call T.RowePrice re: RDA, call Dr cancel Aug appt, call and cancel Greeley reservations, make goat milk yoghurt, reconcile Medicare part B statements, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: drop off cookies, transcribe district volunteer forms, research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, , confer with Susan and Rhonda about interest for serving on next board, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Jump back July:
    26-Catch yourself over-reacting and take a deep breath:

Happy birthday Mama! Miss you.

Barbie, limiting computer time, yes, think I’d feel better if I got up and did something after 30 mins on laptop. Setting timer now.
    Machka “snowflakes” brr! (Sorry Tracey ;} )
    Kylia “snowblower” invoices? Yikes!
    @snacker127 ((hugs)) hardest but kindest thing to do. Try to focus on the 11 good years you gave her, and that it wouldn’t have been kind to let her suffer.
    Katla yes there are still bears, but since put the spike strip back on the garbage can (and douses the inner bags of garbage with used motor oil) they’ve left our garbage alone. Yes there are two bear hunting seasons in Oregon, one controlled in the spring and ‘general’ Aug1-Dec 31. Not wanting to kill the bears just stop enticing them with our trash. Now, if the cougars that have been reported stalking the edges of our neighborhood show up on the trailcam I’m calling fish and wildlife. Sorry cats but you are too much a threat to my Skye terrier. I’m hoping your fox colored baby blanket will have a corner hood with foxy face and ears… kind of like this: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0251/3719/products/79615_8064_1024x1024.jpg?v=1588630782
    Neither am I fond of reptiles but even worse than snakes are ‘gators. [shudder]
    Annie does your mother get annual physical exams? ((hugs)) :cry: ((hugs)) Hooray for the honest, thrifty, muffler shop!
    Rita your son sure has your good looks!
    Julie “quickly sorted out passing spat with friend-colleague” Bravissima. Sometimes I think this is the absolute best use of our time and energy, other than healthy food prep and activity ;) Sending good vibes to you and your care team for August 4ths surgery. Starting rumor … :laugh: why not? Sorry to year of your sister’s accident. Is it possible the anesthesia was a contributing factor to her memory issues?
    Rebecca ditto what Carol said. Especially :love: the peonies in the aqua jar. But most beautiful is you enjoying yourself!
    Kim, I have read that murder rates have spiked through/since the pandemic, most recently in the SF Chronicle.
    https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/Here-s-where-Oakland-s-homicides-have-spiked-16212912.php
    https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/San-Francisco-crime-is-starting-to-look-more-like-16239804.php
    Sorry, couldn’t capture the graph as I haven’t subscribed… perhaps I should ;) Sadly I think there have always been, and always will be, people who put their own “wants” over other people’s lives.
    Barbie reminding myself that I “like to … X and that xxing is fun,” brilliant! I can use this with both transcribing and dinking around in the dirt.
    Machka congrats on the “actually a real thing”. Thanks for the links. Hope no one finds discussion of statistics offensive. I recognize that there are “…lies, d@mn lies… and statistics” :laugh:. Thought the same think about Tracey’s daughter, she could travel widely had have many clients from just this thread… ;)
    @Pdd1216 Those doggoned steroids, helpful but so hungry making. New decade this weekend? Birthday? Or Scale Victory? Either way congratulations!
    Tracey WOW that craft room is gorgeous!!! Well done!
    Allie glad your friend Jim has moved in nearby. Is he someone you could walk with?
    KJ WOW!!! So glad you weren’t flooded out from under the overpass, nor touched by the tornado. But most glad of all that you and Colin were together and able to find humor in your exciting adventure.
    Penny your trip sounds delightful.
    Heather thanks for the Aspivenin recommendation.
    Welcome @anelou66 Anne from DE! Great goals! Watch for the link to the August thread late July 31.

Big oops, reset the screen timer 3 times. Fortunately Tumble’s tummy timer is not re-settable.

Lighter, lovelies!
    daily: sit with Joe: 26, weigh/wii: 24/0/0; steps>6701=5299 vits=22.5, log=25, CI<CO=22, CI<250<CO=21, Tumble=18, Shadow=20, mfp=23, outside=31, up hill=26, clean 10=12.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/4: 140.7 7/11: 142.9 grr! 7/18: 141.8
    bonus: AF=16 play= sew=

my sister was convinced it was just the anaesthesia (a month ago) but she agreed to let the doctors know about it.
  • bananasandoranges
    thanks everyone for your support (about my sister) and input (about not travelling).
  • bananasandoranges
    grateful
    good connection with some colleague-friends
    café
    café friend

good things done yesterday
    speed walk
    a wee bit of cleaning
    debriefing with colleague
    good chunk of ironing while debriefing
    laundry
    tiny bit of not taking
    went to research library

could work on
    tracking
    paperwork
    writing
    more cleaning and tidying

to do today
    tiny bit of laundry, tidying
    writing work
    meet friend for dinner
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Chose well: fire district volunteer/membership application form drafts 1.1 and 1.2 to SDAO HR expert with questions, draft drug and alcohol policy to Chief for suggestions/corrections, reconciled Discover card and paid bill, BP, cancelled Greeley reservations [sniff], made Roseburg reservations and plans to meet goddaughter and her six children at the Celtic Festival, line dancing,
    Bonus: one load laundry, beach stroll with Tracie and Shadow. Yesterday planted seed with S and R about serving on next board.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, T’ai Chi, dog group, make goat milk cheese, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Jump back July:
    27-Write down 3 things you are grateful for, even if today was hard: 1-indoor plumbing, 2-Lone Ranch Beach with T and Shadow at minus low tide before the wind came up, 3-Joe.

Rebecca “flip and flop” are my ladies’ names too! :laugh: Somehow a Nudestock T-shirt seems counter-intuitive ;) I’d worry that a warm plug means trouble either with the appliance or the wiring… :love: the blue poppies, the collection of ladybugs not so much…
    Macha “…borrow a twin stroller…” Now I’m laughing so hard I’m hiccupping!
    Kylia so sorry your friend the contractor did substandard work. Difficult position.
    Kiz thanks for the Pickled Planet Tacqueria mix hint. Will look for it here, and if not, then next month at Trader Joe’s.
    Welcome @medee35 in the CSRA. Many of us here don’t :)
    Sue in WA fingers X’d for the ok to go back in the water.
    Annie “Bless all you caregivers!” Amen, amen!
    Tracey you have the most beautiful eyes! I’m thinking along similar lines. I’m taking an rx for high cholesterol which makes my joints and muscles ache, makes it hard to get out of my chair, painful to walk and dance. A little voice in the back of my head is saying… “maybe a sudden heart attack is not such a bad way to go…”
    Debbie :love: your volunteer melon. I’m guessing “mystery shopping” is an opportunity only available in population centers?
    Michele I’d hate to have to fight Joe for my money, fortunately that is not our dynamic. Good luck at the dentist!

Lovely walk this morning with T and Shadow. Minus tide, hundreds of sea stars, anemones, thousands of limpets and snails, even a half dozen tiny silver swift fish and a sand crab. Stuck out line dancing the whole two hours but sat out several dances. Pretty pooped.

Lighter, lovelies!
    daily: sit with Joe: 29, weigh/wii: 26/0/0; steps>6701=9586! vits=24.5, log=27, CI<CO=24, CI<250<CO=23, Tumble=19, Shadow=22, mfp=26, outside=34, up hill=29, clean 10=12.
    bonus: AF=18 play= sew=

actually the smaller towns end up getting better bonuses because there are less people around to do them- one company had I think 4 in Eureka with decent pay but too far for me to travel
  • bananasandoranges
    minor whinge
    I like the vast research library but it takes a longer time to get in due to COVID reorganisation of space and time.20-25 min scooter, plus 20-25 min to walk the labarynthe to get into the research part. I don't like going daily for that reason. went yesterday.
    I found out that you now have to order books the day before, before 2pm (it used to be 30 minutes before you need the book!) So not only could I borrow books to read yesterday but not today either. I was irked. I probably could have found something worthwhile to read but I was annoyed as I had come to read some specific books I had ordered (I hadn't seen any notice saying the order was not valid).
    I went home and got quite wet in the rain on scooter, so felt like the end of the day was a real bust.

now at café procrastinating a bit still before writing.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Medee — Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Allie — 90 degrees and bad air quality doesn’t seem like a good time to go to the concert. Cooler weather would be nicer. I’m glad that insurance is paying for the c-pap. It is likely to make a big difference in your breathing and health. :star:

Pip — I hope your new mattress will be comfortable. :flowerforyou:

Tracey — You look nice with the haircut & have lovely complexion. :heart:

Debbie -- Did I spy a watermelon in your garden? I like the small ones best. :smiley:

Machka — The best thing in your post was your own comment. " Accomplished Tired" is a victory. :bigsmile:

I had the baby blanket about one third done, but there was a dropped stitch and a big hole. The mistake couldn’t be fixed so I've started over. :ohwell: I have plenty of time. Baby is due in late October or early November.

Katla in NW Oregon

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK ❤️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka — The best thing in your post was your own comment. " Accomplished Tired" is a victory. :bigsmile:

Katla in NW Oregon

It is the best one.

Unfortunately, I don't get to enjoy that kind of tired very often. My life is full of the other kinds of tired.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    edited July 2021
    2858wu6qc64d.png

Today's exercise. :) Pilates is both Pilates and weights. I felt like I needed a bit of strength and stretching after yesterday's run.

M in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    Good Wednesday,
    Michele I have had the worse time figuring out days lately!
    Tracey Love the haircut! I agree with your statement about end of life. It has been discussed with my family. I am not rushing things along though since I plan on living to 100 as long as I am still an active member of society.
    Julie I have never heard of such rules at a library. That would be so frustrating!

Had to take a truck to dealership for recall work and service last night. Friends met us to bring us home and get dinner. We went to smokey bones. It was wonderful! Everything we had was good. Server was personable and energetic. I tried a bite of everything ordered 😉 Yes, I was over calories a little, but have been under so not concerned. I have leftovers for the next three days!

Machka All of the above tired apparently . Slept in until 630 instead of 430 this morning. Maybe the food coma didnt help. 😎

Lisa Hugs! I am actually surprised that with all the antibiotics you have been on that you haven't gotten a yeast infection before now! Hugs! Yeast just adds insult to injury .

Air quality and heat alert here again today. I should get out of this bed, water plants, and get ready for work.

Welcomes!
    Hugs!
    Lots of love to all of YOU!
    Kylia in Ohio trying to remember it is Wednesday 🤪
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,820 Member
    Tracey- Your new haircut looks beautiful on you! You are lovely!
    Kylia- The heat and humidity this summer has been horrible! At least we get a breeze every now and again coming off the lake. You are in Ohio! Is it quite steamy there? KJ
  • kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    edited July 2021
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    We drove to the gym then after we went to go look at mattresses. We have a sleep number bed now, have had it for 20 years and Kirby is waking up sore. They are sooooo expensive….. we bought one for 1700.00 , we are going to put our bed in the spare bedroom and we got a free adjustable frame to put it on. I figure for all the exercising we do to keep ourselves in shape, the least we can do is get a good nights rest.

Did you get a new sleep number bed or different kind?

Braless- at past a DD I have to wear a bra.

Aging - I so agree that as you get a certain age. You get to decide if you want to make decisions that will kill you. I mean face it we make them everyday. Sweets simply aren't good for you but we all eat a bit here or there. Why when we are 80 people feel like they can tell us how to eat. I get it because with my mom I just wanted her to stay around longer. I think we are wanting to hold on. But as the person aging it should be up to us. I used to say I didn't want to live past 40 (when I was younger than 40). But now I don't know. I just want to be healthy. If I'm somewhat healthy I enjoy life. Now I say I just want to die before my husband. I couldn't imagine out living him.

Kiz
    North Florida

• Machka9
    How to transform your bedroom into a sleep sanctuary - five ways to give your bedroom the most important kind of makeover – a “sleep facelift”.
    https://www.domain.com.au/living/how-to-transform-your-bedroom-into-a-sleep-sanctuary-1072366/

We've pretty much done this!

Previous bedrooms I've had or we've had have been larger and have contained dressers, closets etc.

In this house, our bedroom is small with no closet, so we use another room as the dressing room.

But in the bedroom, we've got comfortable beds, subdued colours, very little clutter and minimal light. It's our sleeping pod.

Going forward, I think I'd like to keep the sleeping pod idea. I like it! 🙂

Machka in Oz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🍃🪴🌱🌿
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    Kelly It is really steamy here right now. Haven't had rain in our area in about 2 weeks. We really need it (after my concrete is done!)
    Machka We have an old waterbed frame with massive headboard. I keep decluttering, DH keeps filling back up! Do I mention the massive tv....
    My ideal bedroom would be simple. No dressers, no shelves, calm picture, no tv. Night stands and bed and maybe comfy chair.❤
    Kylia in Ohio