What's on your mind?

Replies

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    I just turned down cash from a client (who tried to give it to me because I filled out a form for him) and he did a poor job of pushing it on me so...who's really at fault here?

My rule of thumb is only reject it once - if they insist after first rejection and you still don’t take it that’s on you -
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Todays wall post, I'd like to share
    rbgqsw5z4p2l.jpg

This is touching Jo and I'm sure she is well watching over you all ❤️❤️❤️
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    I love tarot readers because they’re your best hype-man. “You’re so special and literally everyone is in love with you and if they’re not it’s bc they’re just jealous.”💅🏻 But said in a very drawn out way where they can tell you the same thing five times. Like yes, tell me again how irresistible and unique I am. Just ten more times now.....
    One just told me my ‘future spouse’ is basically the most perfect human to exist and I’m like... hmmm that sure is gonna be nice bc I’m a mess™.
    🙄
    Oh mystical all seeing teen to mid 20 something, what does my crush secretly think of me???? 😳
    🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄😵
    I’m entertained and also just rolling my eyes.
    Should be getting my car ac fixed but I’m like, What does August 2021 have in store for me? 🤔

Adore!

I know Im a bit out of date with response to this thread, (been trying to lay low...get too riled up in these parts sometimes) but had to tell you this one experience that has haunted me - (but I may be willing to look past?) For fun times sake - then report to you @OpheliaCooter!

*scene*
    ... me...~17 y/o, was at a somewhat sketchy dudes apartment...another guy asks if I want him to read my tarot - I'm like 'sure!' (all excited) ... he starts - then says to me "I'm sorry, I can't do this - you seem like a nice person and I don't want to upset you"

...thanks (buddy) - I'm still wondering to this day what tf he 'saw/read' that he couldn't even start the reading- I'm curious, but scared to know

May try again one day - curiosity (and love of the mystique!) and basically life is ... ...
    ...((*whispered* mystique))??

Anyways!
    Happy Wednesday!
    To all!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    JessD9031 wrote: »
    I just turned down cash from a client (who tried to give it to me because I filled out a form for him) and he did a poor job of pushing it on me so...who's really at fault here?

If you ever offer something to someone, offer with the intent of giving. If someone offers something to you that you want, take it. If they were serious, they are happy. If they were not serious, then they won't make that dumba$$ mistake again.

Huh!

And Huh! to you, too, @cowsfan12 :) I was sorta curious how much he was trying to give me.

I had one client who was a complete PITA throw $200 at me. I felt like such a *kitten*. :)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    JessD9031 wrote: »

If you ever offer something to someone, offer with the intent of giving. If someone offers something to you that you want, take it. If they were serious, they are happy. If they were not serious, then they won't make that dumba$$ mistake again.

Huh!

And Huh! to you, too, @cowsfan12 :) I was sorta curious how much he was trying to give me.

I had one client who was a complete PITA throw $200 at me. I felt like such a *kitten*. :)

Never look a gift-PITA in the mouth.
    Or something like that. :)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I wish there were more role models like Simone Biles. <3
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    Job hunting. Too much research, sending out CVs, sitting.

It will be nice when interview requests start coming in. Fingers crossed.
    Job hunting. Too much research, sending out CVs, sitting.

It will be nice when interview requests start coming in. Fingers crossed.

Keep at it! I'm in the same boat. It's tough because it's a lot of effort but fingers crossed we both get something soon!

Job hunting is soul sucking. I'm finally to the stage where I've had my in person interview, they said they'd like to move forward and asked for my references. Now I'm just waiting!

That's awesome, well done! I've had four interviews in the past six weeks and not quite nailed them, although was very close on some of them. Got another next week 😊
  • PAWGliacci
    PAWGliacci Posts: 346 Member
    headache
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I love tarot readers because they’re your best hype-man. “You’re so special and literally everyone is in love with you and if they’re not it’s bc they’re just jealous.”💅🏻 But said in a very drawn out way where they can tell you the same thing five times. Like yes, tell me again how irresistible and unique I am. Just ten more times now.....
    One just told me my ‘future spouse’ is basically the most perfect human to exist and I’m like... hmmm that sure is gonna be nice bc I’m a mess™.
    🙄
    Oh mystical all seeing teen to mid 20 something, what does my crush secretly think of me???? 😳
    🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄😵
    I’m entertained and also just rolling my eyes.
    Should be getting my car ac fixed but I’m like, What does August 2021 have in store for me? 🤔

Adore!

I know Im a bit out of date with response to this thread, (been trying to lay low...get too riled up in these parts sometimes) but had to tell you this one experience that has haunted me - (but I may be willing to look past?) For fun times sake - then report to you @OpheliaCooter!

*scene*
    ... me...~17 y/o, was at a somewhat sketchy dudes apartment...another guy asks if I want him to read my tarot - I'm like 'sure!' (all excited) ... he starts - then says to me "I'm sorry, I can't do this - you seem like a nice person and I don't want to upset you"

...thanks (buddy) - I'm still wondering to this day what tf he 'saw/read' that he couldn't even start the reading- I'm curious, but scared to know

May try again one day - curiosity (and love of the mystique!) and basically life is ... ...
    ...((*whispered* mystique))??

Anyways!
    Happy Wednesday!
    To all!

I was at a house party once where a guy whipped out the cards and read this girl’s and half way through she literally ran out the house crying. It was her house, idk why she left. 😅
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    Lunch. I need some numbers

1-4
    1 or 2
    1 or 2
    1-4
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    tmanfive wrote: »

1-4
    1 or 2
    1 or 2
    1-4

1-1-2-3
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,431 Member

1-4
    1 or 2
    1 or 2
    1-4

4 2 2 4
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

1-4
    1 or 2
    1 or 2
    1-4

1-1-2-3

Clutch, thank you for sir. I’ll be having
    A cheese burger made from a neighbor farmers angus.
    The cheese will be fontal
    It will be fired over oak and cherry
    And I’ll be brewing and having half and half sweet sun tea.

It was…
    - Angus burger, wagu burger, prime cut NY strip steak, or BBQ chicken
    - Fontal or super sharp (aged 17 years) cheddar for the burgers choice or Mac n’ cheese made with the Fontal or Alfredo with the steak or chicken choice
    - fired over oak and either apple or cherry
    - Sweet tea, lemonade, half and half, or kombucha

I don't eat that well when I choose for myself!! Maybe I should adopt your methodology...