• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 35min 17sec, 3.21ap, 58elev, 80ahr, 109mhr, 5.30mi= 520c
    Strava app = 642c
    Zwift home spin bike- 31.35min, 186elev, 130aw, 68arpm, 19.19amph, 133ahr, 155mhr, 10.1mi= 310c
    Zwift app = 237c
    Walk home to gym- 10.46min, .52mi= 56c
    Strava app = 64c
    Treadmill jog- 30.24min, 9.47min mi, 5.5-7.5sp, 137ahr, 165mhr, 5k= 338c
    Walk gym to home- 11.13min, .53mi= 63c
    Strava app = 65c

Total cal 1282

Did a run for the first time, pinky toe felt no pain, started off at a slow speed on the treadmill, 5.5, did a 5k and ended up taking it to a 7.5speed, felt okay, even got it under a 10 minute mile (9.47), bonus. Didn’t feel winded which was good
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,385 Member
    edited July 2021
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    We have the largest bedroom we've ever hand in this house. We have a queen bed just on the metal frame it came with, no headboard or frame. We have a 8 drawer dresser. There's a chair in the corner. We have clothes closets on each side leading into the bathroom. I have nothing on the walls. It looks like we are Amish, or at least practicing minimalists.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

I would love a lot LESS on our walls- husband has covered the walls in the bedroom, his room and the hall with pictures/prints- not all the same style at all. Some are nature prints, some are memoribilia (sp?), some sci-fi, . I do have one wall in the hall that is full that I did- all family pictures. I have prints I bought on the last cruise but they are still in the roll, not framed, because there is no where to put them.
    In our living room, there is a very large print, only one on that wall, that is the same one that was on Star Trek, in Picard's ready room. A friend of one of dh's close friends is the artist so we got a copy of it signed by Andy(we have two different ones of his that are signed). I am not a huge fan of it but that is the only wall big enough to put that print so that is where it is.

At one point we had lots of Oregon Jazz festival prints. One was a piano in a lake up by Mt Hood. It was put on a barge, then they lowered the barge a couple inches. Then of course had to wait until the lake was still. Over the years they kind of faded back into a closet. We used to have some Asian artist block prints. Those got sold over the years. Do I have regrets? You betcha! But I have to realize at different parts of our lives we were interested in things, and it ran its course. We used to have a lot of Renn Faire pictures, and Celtic wheat grass weaves. Right now, we just have our historical Seaside Oregon photos up. Then our usual Navy things. Navy pics are our one constant. And Lee's world map of all the ports he's been to, (with how many times he's been to them on the little flags. He painted the stick pins.... Yes he had a lot of time on his hands after he retired from the Navy. 🙃😁Well until he started working again. He was only 37 when he retired so a lot more adventures to go on. We are Sci fi fans too! We have GIJoes posed throughout our home. Reading the newspaper, smoking a pipe.... One took a header off the bookshelf the other day. I could get his cap back on, but had no idea how to get him to hold his weapon! It must be a guy thing.... Let your husband have his walls. If it makes him happy to look at them, than its a good thing.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    We have the largest bedroom we've ever hand in this house. We have a queen bed just on the metal frame it came with, no headboard or frame. We have a 8 drawer dresser. There's a chair in the corner. We have clothes closets on each side leading into the bathroom. I have nothing on the walls. It looks like we are Amish, or at least practicing minimalists.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

I would love a lot LESS on our walls- husband has covered the walls in the bedroom, his room and the hall with pictures/prints- not all the same style at all. Some are nature prints, some are memoribilia (sp?), some sci-fi, . I do have one wall in the hall that is full that I did- all family pictures. I have prints I bought on the last cruise but they are still in the roll, not framed, because there is no where to put them.
    In our living room, there is a very large print, only one on that wall, that is the same one that was on Star Trek, in Picard's ready room. A friend of one of dh's close friends is the artist so we got a copy of it signed by Andy(we have two different ones of his that are signed). I am not a huge fan of it but that is the only wall big enough to put that print so that is where it is.

At one point we had lots of Oregon Jazz festival prints. One was a piano in a lake up by Mt Hood. It was put on a barge, then they lowered the barge a couple inches. Then of course had to wait until the lake was still. Over the years they kind of faded back into a closet. We used to have some Asian artist block prints. Those got sold over the years. Do I have regrets? You betcha! But I have to realize at different parts of our lives we were interested in things, and it ran its course. We used to have a lot of Renn Faire pictures, and Celtic wheat grass weaves. Right now, we just have our historical Seaside Oregon photos up. Then our usual Navy things. Navy pics are our one constant. And Lee's world map of all the ports he's been to, (with how many times he's been to them on the little flags. He painted the stick pins.... Yes he had a lot of time on his hands after he retired from the Navy. 🙃😁Well until he started working again. He was only 37 when he retired so a lot more adventures to go on. We are Sci fi fans too! We have GIJoes posed throughout our home. Reading the newspaper, smoking a pipe.... One took a header off the bookshelf the other day. I could get his cap back on, but had no idea how to get him to hold his weapon! It must be a guy thing.... Let your husband have his walls. If it makes him happy to look at them, than its a good thing.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

someone saw pictures of dh's room and asked what toy store it was!
    I am very glad he changed the door cling into the master bath. It used to be Captain Kirk. It was a little more than life size- not really what I wanted to wake up and see. Now it is pretty Japanese cherry blossoms. The door to son's room has a path and bridge and the one from the kitchen to the garage has a castle with a walkway to it. Spiderman used to be on dh's room door but it was one of the cheaper clings that was vinyl and the cats tore it up. The new ones are a lot thicker/better made.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,385 Member
    edited July 2021
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

I am very glad he changed the door cling into the master bath. It used to be Captain Kirk. It was a little more than life size- not really what I wanted to wake up and see. Now it is pretty Japanese cherry blossoms. The door to son's room has a path and bridge and the one from the kitchen to the garage has a castle with a walkway to it. Spiderman used to be on dh's room door but it was one of the cheaper clings that was vinyl and the cats tore it up. The new ones are a lot thicker/better made.

How cool! My sons den area has a half wall, so to be more separate, he put up 2 screens. I think his "entry" looks like the front entrance to a Japanese restaurant. I need to buy a Japanese smiling cat statue to put by my hope chest/ bench seat.😁👍
    jjzhvtysyl4g.jpg
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,286 Member
    @KetoneKaren , Karen VA -
    Never heard of Calmoseptine before, but it looks like it could be quite helpful - I've tried everything from Desitin to Vicks Vaporub, so one more won't kill me.

Lisa
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    B)
  • dlfk202000
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

How cool! My sons den area has a half wall, so to be more separate, he put up 2 screens. I think his "entry" looks like the front entrance to a Japanese restaurant. I need to buy a Japanese smiling cat statue to put by my hope chest/ bench seat.😁👍
    jjzhvtysyl4g.jpg
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

we have "lucky cats" all around the house. Also have banners that look like the ones in a Japanese restaurant above the kitchen windows and have the tapestry type with the wave and rising sun going into the kitchen(it is a wide opening). We also have the happy cat banners around- got them at Daiso
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Minicooper — Your photo looks like you are sailing a on a beautiful day & lovely sea. Wow! (I envy you.) :bigsmile:

Allie — I have already had to start over knitting my blanket. I’m making progress. I need to finish in September or October. Hopefully I will be done well ahead of those months. :smiley:

Debbie - Cantaloupe is a treat. :flowerforyou:

Tina – I am making slow progress with my knitting. I’ve already started over and I’m making slow progress. The baby is due in October, so I still have a good amount of time to get it done. :star:

Kylia – We have a moderate head and foot board that was our old waterbed frame, and drawers under both sides of the bed. Regular mattress now. Lots of old mementos in those drawers. :smiley:

Flea – You are a good daughter. Letting your mom know that it is okay to take it easy when she needs rest is a kindness. :heart:

Heather — My dad would have loved to share your meal. He loved sausage & sauerkraut. Both my parents liked sauerkraut and cabbage. :star:

Rebecca – I grew up with shotguns. My dad used to take me pheasant hunting when I was a young girl. He shot the pheasants and I was the retriever. Later in life I inherited all of his hunting guns. My son has them now. They are safe with him. :star:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Did Kelly Coffee Meyers 30 Minutes to Fitness DVD then went for my walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Body Sculpt Upper Body and Waist DVD.

Lisa – I hope that new medication works for you. Kudos finding a silver lining...no matter how small it may be

On my walk today I ran just a little since a car was coming out of a driveway. I did find that if I were to run, I really need a sports bar. As it is, I just walk fast.

Another good book about ageing parents: Women Rowing North. It is about a couple and their friends and how their lives are impacted by their ageing.

Went and got my oil changed in my car. I really should have gone to this other place because an oil change doesn’t take that long and this place is right next to Aldi so I could have gotten shopping done. Guess I’ll just do it tomorrow.

After the dentist today went to Food Lion because Vince needed milk. Saw this one gal that I liked. She was talking to another gal who I remember from the Dollar store. I gave them my FL shirt. The only other thing would be for it to go to the Salvation Army. Someone might as well use it.

Went to ceramics tonight. Snow White is almost done.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    Rebecca at whidby island - damn straight housecleaning counts as exercise… I count it every Sunday
  • dlfk202000
    heading out for an hour of zumba- Have a substitute so I will just do what I can. Better than sitting on my butt at my computer
    Have a great evening everyone.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Headboards - I don't miss them! I like to prop myself up and read in bed and headboards often get in the way, especially if they are at all ornate.

And if they're padded and plush, they're dust collectors, which I don't need.

Our sleeping pod is functional and not on display. So it's not "pretty" but it is comfy. :)

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    Iiii