What's on your mind?

Replies

• wingedcatgirl
    wingedcatgirl Posts: 10 Member
    edited July 2021
    aija0ernha7j.jpeg

This little guy goes back to my son’s house tomorrow.
    I’ve enjoyed having him here. 😌

:O
    KITY

e: as for what's on my mind today.
    work fanfic roleplay there's leftovers in the fridge gotta plan my meals so i eat those before they spoil neo twewy i can't figure out what i'm doing in this scene of this fic why is work always so annoying i went like double my sodium limit on my first day and have no idea how to avoid doing it again today and i don't know how much of that is mitigated by the spiro why does mfp only think i need 65 oz of water when i drink 3x that much already is this because it's a hojillion degrees or wait actually is it related to the sodium hell i wish i had a kity i need to plot out an important scene in this rp and i'm not sure how OH RIGHT i have neko atsume i can look at cartoon kitys at least what was i doing oh right neo twewy it's such a good game even if the battle system is less good than the first game i'm still having fun though i wish i could turn off the feature to automatically sell yen pins -

... uh, in short, what's on my mind is a lot, all the time.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    i323bkufzpnn.jpg
    6zgqpuff33nu.jpg

That's very nice.

That being said, I would be more comfortable living in the conditions displayed on the bottom photograph.

There would be far, far less pressure to keep it tidy.

It's my comfort zone.

@Revolu7 you're indomitable 😍
    @Motorsheen you're incorrigible 😂

Amazing work @Revolu7 Never fails to impress :)

And then there's @Motorsheen >:)
  • ReenieHJ
    I recently relocated to another part of the country (US) and it's... different.

I can already tell I don't enjoy the traffic here nor the complete disregard for driving laws (hit and runs are very, very common and the laws don't protect the victims at all unless you have a dash cam or video of being hit in action). There are a lot of "blink and miss it" exits. The school system is... interesting, but I'll have to rely on a bus to get my son to and from school and that's a new one for me. I grew up riding the bus, but that was in more rural areas (like a small city or country bus routes) so not sure how if any difference it would be from one in the city.

The airport I flew out of/into for a wedding a few days ago was way nicer than I was expecting and also not nearly as busy as the major international airport on the other side of the city, so that was pleasant.

I am looking forward to eventually exploring the museums, food and local attractions though.

Been missing your posts and am glad you're back!
    I hope you come to love your new home and find special little corners of it to call your own! How big of a city is it?
  • Peachesand_cream
    Peachesand_cream Posts: 594 Member
    mistwitch wrote: »
    If I ever come back I will not use another iteration of twitch. So if you see someone using that name make sure you ask them some thing only I would know

Such as...what's in the middle of that middle macaroon?
  • mistwitch
    mistwitch Posts: 184 Member
    Bring back the awesome button
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

I can already tell I don't enjoy the traffic here nor the complete disregard for driving laws (hit and runs are very, very common and the laws don't protect the victims at all unless you have a dash cam or video of being hit in action). There are a lot of "blink and miss it" exits. The school system is... interesting, but I'll have to rely on a bus to get my son to and from school and that's a new one for me. I grew up riding the bus, but that was in more rural areas (like a small city or country bus routes) so not sure how if any difference it would be from one in the city.

The airport I flew out of/into for a wedding a few days ago was way nicer than I was expecting and also not nearly as busy as the major international airport on the other side of the city, so that was pleasant.

I am looking forward to eventually exploring the museums, food and local attractions though.

I hope you come to love your new home and find special little corners of it to call your own! How big of a city is it?

It's D.C. so, several million people? The metro has over 6 million people and you can't get anywhere without having a car or a way to get to the metro or a bus station.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member

It's D.C. so, several million people? The metro has over 6 million people and you can't get anywhere without having a car or a way to get to the metro or a bus station.

Yes and no...depends where.. used to take metro and ride bus to metro.
  • KosmosKitten
    lx1x wrote: »

Where I live it is not recommended to walk to the metro. There are shuttle buses to take you there, just gotta know the schedule. Some people carpool to the metro or to their work, which is nice.

There have also recently been a slurry of random shootings in our area, so it was strongly recommended to avoid being on foot for the foreseeable future.

The last time I visited here, it wasn't too hard to take a bus to the metro station and ride the metro everywhere. And I guess now they've streamlined the fare system, so both the buses and the metro take the same payment system (a rechargeable card similar to BART in San Fransisco).

Most parts of the city are walk-able and safe-ish.. just not where I live. :(
  • lx1x

Where I live it is not recommended to walk to the metro. There are shuttle buses to take you there, just gotta know the schedule. Some people carpool to the metro or to their work, which is nice.

There have also recently been a slurry of random shootings in our area, so it was strongly recommended to avoid being on foot for the foreseeable future.

The last time I visited here, it wasn't too hard to take a bus to the metro station and ride the metro everywhere. And I guess now they've streamlined the fare system, so both the buses and the metro take the same payment system (a rechargeable card similar to BART in San Fransisco).

Place you staying .. was it your choice or just the place they (gov) gave ya?

Yeah .. lots of sketchy place around..
  • KosmosKitten
    edited July 2021

Place you staying .. was it your choice or just the place they (gov) gave ya?

Yeah .. lots of sketchy place around..

Definitely a place the government put us! :joy:
    I would never willingly to choose to live in this part of the city if it weren't necessary to the training and if we were staying for more than a year.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the home they put us in or the neighborhood, but the surrounding area is apparently "sketchy" compared to other places in D.C. And honestly? That seems to be a thing with almost *all* military bases. They're almost always in the worst parts of town.. or have a lot of crime related things happening right outside the "gate" as it were.

I don't mind the appearances of such places, but the random string of shootings (including the tragic death of a 6 year old) right as we arrived kind of put a damper on walking around or walking safely and surely to the metro from where I live.

Though, I have to say.. because I live here I finally saw a biking elliptical in the wild. Those things are so weird. Never thought I'd see a person using one seriously! And he wasn't too far away from where I live (but the sidewalks where he was were less in need of repair than the ones here).

Elliptical-Bike.jpg
  • lx1x
    edited July 2021
    Yeah.. that place/area "supposedly" been cleaned up.. sad news for sure.

• KosmosKitten
    Yeah.. that place "supposedly" been cleaned up.. sad news for sure.

True, but I won't let it deter me. There are a lot of Smithsonian museums I have yet to visit (and some I want to visit again because they were great last time).

Also, D.C. has some of the most diverse food of any city in the U.S. Can't miss out on that!
  • lx1x

True, but I won't let it deter me. There are a lot of Smithsonian museums I have yet to visit (and some I want to visit again because they were great last time).

Also, D.C. has some of the most diverse food of any city in the U.S. Can't miss out on that!

Adams Morgan neighborhood.
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    I'm wondering if anyone would visit me if I were put in mfp jail. :)

You are welcome on my wall 6 days a week and twixt on Sunday.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    i323bkufzpnn.jpg
    6zgqpuff33nu.jpg

This is truly a higher form of wisdom than all philosophy 🙌🏼... Amazing work Brother! I can't even change a freaking outlet without shocking myself 😂...

And Dude if you get a chance check out the Women's Olympic boxing competition...

Wwoooooo 🤩... I saw a few last night that where freaking incredible... There's this 38yr old chick from India who would straight up clean out the welterweight division lb4lb right now 😂...
  • ReenieHJ
    edited July 2021

Just a tad bigger than my hick town. :)
    I'd love to visit the Smithsonian though!!

So senseless about the little 6 yo girl. :( Sometimes the world makes no sense at all.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member

I loved D.C. and the surrounding area when I was stationed there. So much to do, never time to get bored!