WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    wearing long sleeves in summer
    At the moment - for summer, I wear a long sleeve open white or off white shirt or light linen jacket over t-shirt or tank top or something like that...I switch from a few knee length dresses to the one long linen summer dress that have and mostly thin cotton jeans. I'm really low in the clothing department after having gained weight and a year and half of complicated clothes shopping. Not being able to wear short sleeves or sleeveless adds to the situation.

I would assume that there are ways I can figure out to were cute long sleeves things. no problem in winter and early fall and early spring, right ? but I'm really not into clothes right now, and wearing a white or off white blouse over a t-shirt looks a bit boxy, and for summer, looks like I'm trying to hide my body, which I am not!

I couldn't wear long sleeves in summer ... I can barely wear them in winter!! Way too hot!

It's the middle of winter here and I've started lifting weights again so I can go sleeveless come spring. :)

M in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Morning ladies
    Here i sit at the eye drs office,and basically it is ocular migraines.. swell but he said do you want to just know or bw able to treat it.. i dont like it one bit,so i want to treat it,i am waiting to have photos taken of my eyes and then i go back and talk to him,then from here i have to go for thyroid ultrasound..
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,287 Member
    Thinking about you, Allie. Glad they're able to treat the ocular migraines, and hope the results are good from your thyroid ultrasound.

Lisa in AR
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2021
    Allie – I hope you get treatment for ocular migraines. It is good that your eye doctor wants you to be able to treat it. Eye photos make good sense. I wish you good luck with your eyes and your thyroid. :fowerforyou:

Rori – Your brother is lucky to have your care and support. I am delighted that your friends have been taking you to lunch and introducing you to other single women. Building a life of your own is important for your health and happiness. :heart:

We have a bright, sunshiney morning today. I’ve raised our curtains to block bright light from the side of my eyes. When the sun is a bit higher in the sky, I’ll lower the curtains and let in the view of the river. :star:

DH ordered a new ipad from Apple a while ago. His old one is getting tired. He has had news that the new one will be shipped today or tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed that it gets here soon. His old ipad is limping along. I've been using the same laptop since 2009. It works.

Katla
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    Fun to see Suni Lee take first in gymnastics. She is from St. Paul from where I live. My experience with working with the Hmong culture they are a hard working and grateful for the opportunities here in our country. They have a fascinating history. We now have Hmong neighbors and the father and his friends started the first Hmong craft brewery. After having forecloserures and a neighbor who left a huge garden go to weeds for 10 years we are delighted to have them as neighbors.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    Eeee
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: T’ai Chi, BP.
    Bonus: library, post office, Farmers’ Market, bottle return, Grocery Outlet
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, dog group, make goat milk cheese, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila little time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart,; Do Your Thing, practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Jump back July:
    28-Think about what you can learn from a recent problem: How delicate interpersonal relations can be. Tread lightly, carefully. Put a guard on my lips, oh Lord!

Blew off dog group today, took a nap instead. Then marched in place while watching the Secret Pools/Yosemite National Park YouTube. Whoever built those trails, moved those rocks, carved those stairs, installed those iron railings? SMH.
    Lisa “34 long” rotflmaowmp! “… Vicks VapoRub” :no_way: Recently learned that original pure Vaseline actually has some antibiotic properties, but VapoRub??? No way!
    Tracey I like your couch. It has the same button tufting as our chaise, but much nicer upholstery.
    Rori love your bedroom, the colors, the crystals, the rainbows. ((hugs))

Bedroom: Our queen mattress and box springs sit on the floor so our Skye Terrier can jump off without hurting her shoulders. I have a 3 drawer dresser for clothes, a small 3 pine dresser for linens, Joe has a night stand, a big 5 drawer dresser for clothes, a huge 6 drawer dresser full of DVDs. Also crowding in is our “dolly couch” a whorehouse sofa/chaise lounge from Sally Standford’s Pine Street house, Shadow’s giant crate, a TV we don’t watch on top of Joe’s dressers, five plats and a grow light on the windowsill. The walls are the same 80’s imitation wood paneling as in the living/dining room. I hate it, Joe loves it. I’m lazy. There is stays. Neither of us has much trouble falling asleep ;)

Too sleepy for more… ;)

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: leaner/stronger/kinder than June.
    daily: sit with Joe: 29, weigh/wii: 26/0/0; steps>6701=7076 vits=25.5, log=28, CI<CO=25, CI<250<CO=24, Tumble=19, Shadow=22, mfp=27, outside=34, up hill=29, clean 10=14.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=. Wed:TC=3, PW=2. Thurs: Fri:TC=4. Sat:PW=4. rX x5=4.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/4: 140.7 7/11: 142.9 grr! 7/18: 141.8
    7/25: 140.4  7/31:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=19 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

mom feels the same way as you about the paneling(but her's is more early 70's- whitewashed.)
    Dad liked it and didn't want it painted or removed and didn't mind the popcorn ceiling. Now, the popcorn ceiling has been covered and as of my last visit, she was waiting for them to come out and paint the ceiling AND the walls.
    Adding in new light fixtures in the living room and hall way.
    It took a long time to convince dad to get rid of the carpet but finally did- Little upgrades really help.

Debbie
    Napa Valley CA
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    ❤️🧡💛
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 614 Member
    Had a great reunion with the wonderful work ladies last night. So fun seeing them again, in person, after so long. We all do the same job for different school districts, so we collaborate online. We used to get together about four times a year, but CV stopped that and zoom just isn't the same.

@margaretturk, where abouts in St Paul are you? I'm in Lakeville. My grandparents were in Mac-Groveland off Snelling and Stanford forever. I miss that area. We called their house "the mansion" because, as kids we thought it was HUGE!!! Of course, that was just because it had so many nooks and crannies, you could get lost in it for days and hide from mom and daddy! lol

Temp and humidity has come down a bit, thank God. Heading out to see the granddaughter's softball tournament on Saturday. Hoping for nice weather.
    poipehr4x3d1.jpeg
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,773 Member
    We have been watching the Olympics when we are home and I think the synchronized driving is interesting. To be that together!

Another HOT day here, glad I have tomorrow off and work the weekend. Sure be glad when I get someone hired and don't do weekends anymore.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    :)
  • grandmallie
    Thank goodness I am home.. How i hate cities,especially ones that are full of construction.. they did the thyroid ultrasound,dr came in and asked if anyone in my family had or have thyroid cancsr😳 said no not that i know of... so he will send results to endocrinologist and they might want a 4D image so who knows.. and tomorrow is the Cpap.. ugh when will it end...
  • pdd1216
    pdd1216 Posts: 319 Member
    Morning ladies
    Here i sit at the eye drs office,and basically it is ocular migraines.. swell but he said do you want to just know or bw able to treat it.. i dont like it one bit,so i want to treat it,i am waiting to have photos taken of my eyes and then i go back and talk to him,then from here i have to go for thyroid ultrasound..

I occasionally get ocular migraines. It was terrifying the first couple of times that they happened. Once they gave me a diagnosis, I manage it better.

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Allie ~ You have so much going on! (((Hugs)))

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    Carol in Ga.- you aint kidding lol
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited July 2021
    Machka9 wrote: »
    wearing long sleeves in summer
    At the moment - for summer, I wear a long sleeve open white or off white shirt or light linen jacket over t-shirt or tank top or something like that...I switch from a few knee length dresses to the one long linen summer dress that have and mostly thin cotton jeans. I'm really low in the clothing department after having gained weight and a year and half of complicated clothes shopping. Not being able to wear short sleeves or sleeveless adds to the situation.

I would assume that there are ways I can figure out to were cute long sleeves things. no problem in winter and early fall and early spring, right ? but I'm really not into clothes right now, and wearing a white or off white blouse over a t-shirt looks a bit boxy, and for summer, looks like I'm trying to hide my body, which I am not!

I couldn't wear long sleeves in summer ... I can barely wear them in winter!! Way too hot!

It's the middle of winter here and I've started lifting weights again so I can go sleeveless come spring. :)

M in Oz

Doctor's orders! I have to as I have skin cancer! it's more protective than 50x! people cover their bodies in the hot dessert with long sleeve linen I think, so it must be possible to find solutions. I thought that one consolation is if I want to wear skimpy things at night I can!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    ☘️
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    <3Allie