Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,645 Member
    truGAINS wrote: »
    I'm irked because @cmsienk is irked

:)
  • granitepeak45
    granitepeak45 Posts: 160 Member
    I’m sick of just water but I’m not allowing myself any liquid calories and I refuse to drink artificial sweetener ….
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,645 Member
    edited July 2021
    I’m sick of just water but I’m not allowing myself any liquid calories and I refuse to drink artificial sweetener ….

I'm also sick of just water so I've started drinking raspberry lemonade water in a 25/75 mix. The calories are negligible and it flavors the water just enough. I also understand and agree with your aversion to artifical sweeteners.
    :s
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    Look into flavored stevia drops! SweetLeaf is one popular brand.
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,414 Member

Have you tried frozen berries, ginger, lemons, limes, or mint? I get bored of water too.
  • granitepeak45
    granitepeak45 Posts: 160 Member
    I just found out that where I'm living (and recently moved to) has decided to go under a mask mandate again because people can't be arsed to follow basic guidelines or common sense. So now EVERYONE must "mask-up", including those of us who were already fully vaccinated.

I mean, I honestly kind of expected this to happen again, just maybe not so soon? Also, I just spent 24 hours in an airport where masks were mandatory AT ALL TIMES, so I'm not really pleased to have to go into that kind of environment again for the long-term just to do basic day-to-day stuff.

What cracks me up is the CDC's recommendations are based on the fact that "D.C. is a city of concern". You don't say? There's several million people who work and live here.

Guess it's back to social isolation when and if at all possible. :neutral:

Ugh that is beyond maddening
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    I just found out that where I'm living (and recently moved to) has decided to go under a mask mandate again because people can't be arsed to follow basic guidelines or common sense. So now EVERYONE must "mask-up", including those of us who were already fully vaccinated.

I mean, I honestly kind of expected this to happen again, just maybe not so soon? Also, I just spent 24 hours in an airport where masks were mandatory AT ALL TIMES, so I'm not really pleased to have to go into that kind of environment again for the long-term just to do basic day-to-day stuff.

What cracks me up is the CDC's recommendations are based on the fact that "D.C. is a city of concern". You don't say? There's several million people who work and live here.

Guess it's back to social isolation when and if at all possible. :neutral:

No one HAS to wear a mask. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I ain’t picking’ at you. Just saying.
  • tmanfive
    Welp, it’s been, and wil continue to be, another long night.

At least it’s getting to be sunrise. 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • truGAINS
    truGAINS Posts: 656 Member
    When you buy nice yellow bananas with a little green on them and the next day they have brown specs....
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    No irks yet. But the day is still young. I'll work on the irk.
  • tmanfive
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

None for you either? Let’s make this outstanding day an irk free one. Today, we’ll be irk free buddy’s. 🤙🏼
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    tmanfive wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

None for you either? Let’s make this outstanding day an irk free one. Today, we’ll be irk free buddy’s. 🤙🏼

Deal. :) If an irk does sneak up on me, I'll save it for tomorrow.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    cmsienk wrote: »
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Inconsiderate people irk me today. I'm not offended; just annoyed.

I have to drive 4 hours to the Denver Airport tomorrow to go home from a job I've been on here in New Mexico. My flight is at 11 am, which means I have to get up at 4am, to leave at 5, to be in the Denver area around 9am, where I'll return a rental car and then head to the airport. That's fine - it goes with the territory.

However, I found out today that the 5 people here from the company I'm working for (I'm freelance, they are not) all have rooms at a hotel in Denver tonight. So they left here around 5 and are currently driving to Denver, where they'll get a good night's sleep and wake up at a reasonable hour for their 11am flight. Did they offer this to me?
    Would it have killed them to do so?
    :/

Maybe they just aren't that into you. Why didn't you do this for yourself?

Did it occur to you that I might not be allowed to do this myself? This client insists on handling all travel arrangements and won't reimburse for anything you do on your own. That's why. Am I not allowed to be irked by general thoughtlessness? And now I'm irked that I couldn't just vent about what irked me.

Nope, didn't occur to me at all. But then you didn't include those details did you? You can vent all you want, don't let me stop you. I hope you have a better day.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,416 Member
    2oas65wzl92p.jpeg
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    My back hurts.. but I don't know why.

Generally, any unexplained pain, bug bites, injuries irks me, so...