WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,288 Member
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Morning ladies
    Didnt sleep well..woke up every couple hours and had to use the restroom..
    Going for my Cpap a bit later this morning and then stopping at a friends house to pick up a couple of things then home... going to make soft tacos to take up to Jims ,he took today off from work,then I will go to tonights movie Nomadsland.. i heard it was very good.. dont know if I can talk Jim into going..because i dont want to sit anywhere near the creepy guy that lives across the hall from me.
    Did get my daughter some pregnancy underwear and some pregnancy leggings things that will be easy for her to wear.
    Have to return the bras that I bought Taliah as they are not the right kind 🙄
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Zzzz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Friday off work but busy day!
    Cycling, cooking, laundry and photos.

Yes, me ... cooking!

In the interests of eating a healthier diet, I've purchased a large (for us) quantity of chicken.
    I've got chicken mince in the slow cooker with heaps of veggies. That'll be at least a couple meals.
    And I boiled and shredded 1 kg of chicken breasts to go into soups and things.

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Machka – I love the photo of your DH and the bikes. :bigsmile:

Barbie – I hope Jake has a positive experience going to see his cardiologist in Seattle. The ferry Ride would be my favorite part of the trip. It has been a few years since we visited Seattle. I love the Washington Ferries. :star:

I spent much of the evening knitting the baby blanket for our unborn grandson and I’m at the turn around point this morning. Each new row will be just a bit shorter.

Today is our son’s 46th Birthday. I hope to call sometime today and wish him a Happy Birthday. :heart: Meanwhile, I’ll be knitting his unborn baby’s blanket. I am at the point that each row will be a bit shorter than the one before. We plan to travel to visit them this fall so that we can be there to babysit our grandson while our son and DDIL are at the hospital for the birth of their second little boy. Praying all goes well for them, and for our trip to see them. :heart:

Yoga today!! YAY!!!

Katla in NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    edited July 2021
    Will leave in a few minutes to pick my Cpap.. right now Homer is lying here snoring like a buzz saw ,think he is the one that needs the Cpap lol..they are both good boys...
    Have tbe windows open as its lower humidity today ,the Dr put like 3 kinds of drops in my eyes yesterday.. one i know was to dilate them..but when i went out this morning i see things much clearer.. hmmm well thats good anyway..
    I like sitting here listening to the planes fly overhead and the birds and such.. its very relaxing..
    Well i better get to it.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    sending good thoughts to all.

Kim in N. California
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🍿🍪🍮
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,388 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Allie -– Good luck with your MRI. I had one in the past and so did DH. I can’t say I loved the experience, but it wasn’t painful. I’ll be interested in your thoughts after you go through it. :flowerforyou:

Allie — We did not feel the earth quake near Alaska. I wonder whether our Canadian friends felt it. :star:

Rebecca — When I went hunting with my dad, he was hunting on a friend’s property for China Pheasants. I was the dog who flushed the birds. I did not bring the dead birds to my dad. He needed a real dog for that job. The pheasants were beautiful. :wink:

(((Tracey))) -- Sorry for your frustrating day at work. :flowerforyou:

I have been knitting a baby blanket for our future grandson and am almost half way through it. I’ve been working on the top half. When the bottom half is done the blanket will be will be a square. I have made one of these for each of our grandchildren when they were babies. This is for grand-baby #5. :heart:

Katla in NW Oregon

Oh gotcha I understand. I would be the girl that would probably be yelling, "can't ya shoot the birds with cameras, not guns"!! I was a kind of emotional child.....🙃. Lord help my parents, they put up with me, and my antics!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • grandmallie
    Well im back,have the Cpap plugged in and trying it out and trying to get used to it.. here is hoping I can sleep better..
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,960 Member
    Allie, good luck with your CPAP. It can take some time to get it adjusted just right, but it's worth it! Here's to better sleep for us all!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    Very windy, rainy weather here.

Did a good morning's work on the editing. Enjoyed it.
    Plenty of exercise on our machines etc.
    Had a nap as I was tired from yesterday's excursion. Social contact is enjoyable, but tires me out.

I was beginning to wonder why my elder son had not replied to my WhatsApp message. I had asked him to Zoom me so we could talk about technology for publicity. He replied today to say he had had to change his phone so hadn't seen it until now. He is going to schedule a Zoom for tomorrow morning. I haven't seen him in person since Christmas19, though I watch him often on his YouTube videos. :D We normally communicate through texts! ;)

Delicious Hairy Bikers lamb tagine for dinner. Heaven!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• grandmallie
    Taco meat made and have chocolate chip cookies in oven.. will be leaving to drop Homie off once the cookies are done and then lets see if i can get the hang of crocheting a baby blanket
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Allie ~ Are we sensing an upcoming possible romance with your friend?

Curious Carol in GA
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 614 Member
    Happy Friday Ladies! Not much going on in the Cooper household today. Very hazy due to the Canadian wildfires. Really spooky when the front moved in yesterday. Haven't seen the haze that thick in years. I feel badly for the people in Canada and the northern states. I know friends who are dealing with air quality warnings actually preventing them from going out at all. We were out late last night and it looked like fog hanging over the lamplights.
    gk3205zmy4db.png

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,288 Member
    Oh I never told you guys! On Wednesday, eldest came home and he got Guam for his next duty station! He's excited and thinks he can manage well bringing his Japanese van over in his household goods with a bunch of scooters, because its really popular there. None of the 2 roads you can go over 45 mph anyways. I am happy for him. He'll be there 4 years, and will most likely extend for 6 so it will take him to 20 years in.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

Rebecca - what does that do to your housing situation? Will you need to move again?
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,722 Member
    Margaret … have been thinking about you today and praying you have sensed God’s comfort and peace …❤️