What irks you today?

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    Not just today but whenever it happens....my coworker buys lunch for my boss but the rest of us aren't included (2 or 3 depending on who's here at the time). We're not even a consideration.

In fact, once my boss was surprised the coworker hadn't brought us food back too.
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    Not just today but whenever it happens....my coworker buys lunch for my boss but the rest of us aren't included (2 or 3 depending on who's here at the time). We're not even a consideration.

In fact, once my boss was surprised the coworker hadn't brought us food back too.

‘Round here that would be an ethics violation. 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • glassyo
    tmanfive wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »

‘Round here that would be an ethics violation. 🤷🏼‍♂️

We have no eth....um, I mean, I know it's HIS money but still! :)
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,123 Member
    Cheap nail polish that chips almost immediately.
  • MargaretYakoda
    That the tiniest handful ( 40gms) of cashews, almonds and walnuts has 253 calories :|

On the other hand, when I don’t want to eat anything else, but I’m 500 calories below goal? Nuts are the best!

Ya. It probably irks some people that not eating enough is an actual problem sometimes. 🤓
    But here I am. Rocking it.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    That the tiniest handful ( 40gms) of cashews, almonds and walnuts has 253 calories :|

On the other hand, when I don’t want to eat anything else, but I’m 500 calories below goal? Nuts are the best!

Ya. It probably irks some people that not eating enough is an actual problem sometimes. 🤓
    But here I am. Rocking it.

Yeah, thats why I was eating them because I'm not eating enough right now but geeez 40gm is so tiny. ☹
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Thanks for the irk free day, Ms. @reeniehj! This was saved for tomorrow which is now today.

Paper wasps...

Yellow jackets lit me up a couple days ago. Mostly my back and obliques. No biggie. I'll take them any day over paper wasps.

Yesterday afternoon was paper wasps while I was in the pool. They were building a nest under the diving board between the spring leaves and I didn't know. I was under the board holding onto the end of it and springing it a little. They lit me up. Their stings are like stepping on hot embers. (I do that a lot grilling barefoot)

Left arm is swollen, hurts from the shoulder to the wrist, and is starting to itch like an MF'er.

☹️ Feel better soon
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Thanks for the irk free day, Ms. @reeniehj! This was saved for tomorrow which is now today.

Paper wasps...

Yellow jackets lit me up a couple days ago. Mostly my back and obliques. No biggie. I'll take them any day over paper wasps.

Yesterday afternoon was paper wasps while I was in the pool. They were building a nest under the diving board between the spring leaves and I didn't know. I was under the board holding onto the end of it and springing it a little. They lit me up. Their stings are like stepping on hot embers. (I do that a lot grilling barefoot)

Left arm is swollen, hurts from the shoulder to the wrist, and is starting to itch like an MF'er.

Wow, (any kind)wasps and yellow jackets are the worst. :( I hope you feel better soon! Benadryl or ice or anything to hurry away the hurt/itch?

I'm not sure why I have this inborn fear of stinging insects, except bumblebees(which is silly because I know they have stingers as well but they're so fuzzy and cute). :) Maybe it's because I used to see my mom doing the dodge dance when she'd hang out the laundry. Other day I was trying to refill the hummingbird feeder and had to wait until the hornets took a break from it. :/
  • glassyo
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    People who actually believe and trust the media, who jump on the bandwagon, people who are easily fooled. Our society has many fools in it.

I pity the fool!

(I totally typed pita.)
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,264 Member
    These dang hiccups!
    I get them multiple times a day, thankfully they only last a minute or so but crud, I get tired of getting them.
    😯
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    ^ can relate. Cleaning up everything I mussed up now. :(
  • strangeanimal55
    strangeanimal55 Posts: 87 Member
    My pig backpack has two left ears. I thought one was a little crooked but upon further thought, it’s the wrong ear entirely. I’ll just let it irk me forever though because I’m not returning it. It’s a very small irk.

He's a little different that's all. You can love him anyway
  • MargaretYakoda
    Tourists. Too kitten many kitten tourists.