What’s your why?

mshappyass2
mshappyass2 Posts: 23 Member
edited July 2021 in Chit-Chat
What’s your driving force for being here?
Be honest.

Replies

• wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    edited July 2021
    Because I was danged sick and tired of being my own lowest priority.

I took care of everyone else in my life for years. I took better care of my pets than I took care of myself. I took better care of people I DIDN"T EVEN LIKE than I took of myself. I had this whole LIST of things I wanted to do, that I kept putting off for 'later' - after the kids were grown, after I lost weight, after no one else needed me.

I got sick of it.

I matter, too and later may not even EXIST.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Bored at work
  • granitepeak45
    granitepeak45 Posts: 160 Member
    Hate looking like crap
    Want better blood work
  • smn888
    smn888 Posts: 50 Member
    I want to live forever.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Started out years back because I was actually trying to get fit 😯. Now, Bla bla bla I can’t quit you
  • mistwitch
    mistwitch Posts: 184 Member
    Sometimes there’s a lull
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Three forces...
    1. Mastering mindset
    2. Playing Acronym Game
    3. Serendipitous cufflink pics
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I love calorie counting, planning/recording/analyzing and trying to meet nutritional goals
    ...even tho I fail hard, often

Calorie and exercise counting is easy for me to do in my head - but I prefer to look at it visually

I found the forums, (chit chat specifically) - find them (it) fun (and / or triggering) both of which are a win?! Engages your mind? Being triggered and going on a rant - I love it!
    ...side note (success stories forum is super cool too ❤)

I found another site that is "better" for calorie/exercise counting, easier to use with a better, quicker to use database of ACCURATE entries - but mfp has more customizable features for free - so it reigns a smidge superior.

Forums here win over other health/fitness sites I've tried by 10,000,000% - I can't even...

People biitch about the moderation here, but it is quite liberal, (or maybe just has funner people engaging?) than all the other health/fitness sites I've 2 and 3 timed with

...so I keep coming back

Basically for the people - as I said, there are better, more easily accurate calorie/exercise tracking apps out there, but the social aspect and customizability (for free compared to other apps) are the reason I come back here.

...Its super cool to note too, I've been here since 2017 - a lot of people come and go, change names - but come back
    ... ... ...

either (we/they) are possessed and mind controlled (I can buy into that)

...or its a good, fun, (generally) positive experience (and community)

*YaY Us!!* Lets make a chit chat *lifers* PaRty DaY!!

It should be either Monday or Wednesday since everyone is here when they are most bored at work.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,029 Member
    I’m not locked in here with you, you’re locked in here with me

And Friday is baked potato day so….