Lost 37lbs

JRugg1980
JRugg1980 Posts: 13 Member
vlh5knh9kw2n.jpg

6bk9igwcb9si.jpg

I have lost 37lbs since May. Started eating the recommended calories, and logging with the app.
I also have been doing intermittent fasting 8/16. Took out sugary and doing a 40-40-20 for protein, fat and then carbs. I started out at 273lbs.
No excercise, yet. I have a physical job.
6'3" and 240Lbs.
It says im still obese on the BMI, but im not sure i see that. Last time i checked it said i was 30% BF.
I think im less than that, hoping by now mid 20s
My goal is low 20s, and 215-220.
im happy with the progress so far.

Replies

• JustJ2014
    JustJ2014 Posts: 5,242 Member
    Great Job. Your hard work is paying off.
  • stuntin666
    stuntin666 Posts: 15 Member
    looking good, nice work!!
  • crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 592 Member
    I can really tell a difference! Keep going, your doing great!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Good work. My food is also about 40-40-20. It's a sustainable level of reduced carbs but not what is usually called "low carb" which for me is not sustainable. As far as BMI, I find it useful, but not to determine if I'm fat. I look in the mirror and if I see a fat person, then I'm fat. If so, the BMI will tell me how fat I am. By itself, BMI is not that helpful.
  • rmorgan37
    rmorgan37 Posts: 14 Member
    You look great! Good job and getting it off so fast.
  • YaaaahJoli
    YaaaahJoli Posts: 34 Member
    Great progress!
  • KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    Great work, keep going and you will hit your goal.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Great inspiring progress 👏🤸‍♀️
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,123 Member
    JRugg1980 wrote: »
    Up a little on scale at 250lbs.
    This week i kinda let go on the eating healthy. I ate junk and alot of sodium, as well as started TRT.
    Im am really hoping to get rid of the flubber in the lower and side chest, as well as the belly. Feel like i may have hit a stall on the weight loss in fat. Hit 240 and them back up to 250 in a week! Im hoping its just the water retention. From shot and the junk food i ate on Sunday and Wednesday.

Stay the course. You got this.
  • BendableButMendable
    BendableButMendable Posts: 60 Member
    Great job on the transformation so far, that's awesome progress.

Don't let the weight gain this last week get you down too much. It is almost impossible to gain 10lbs of fat (or muscle) in that short of time. It is likely almost all water weight.

You didn't say why you started taking TRT. If you started it for medical reasons your doctor should have given you a heads up about water retention issues but maybe they lapsed on that. I would recommend talking to your doctor about it now though, they will probably talk to you about dietary changes (less sodium) and increasing your water intake. They may even prescribe a diuretic for you to help offset the TRT. If you started it as a supplement for strength training or muscle building and maybe didn't go through the normal medical avenues, I would still recommend talking to your doctor about it. They will probably start by recommending that you stop taking it but that should be followed up by the same advice as if you were taking it for medical reasons.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!