WaistAways-July Chat 2021

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,035 Member
    You have another new member heading your way .... Please welcome @JourneyAlone :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,030 Member
    wolfy1234 wrote: »
    Thank you all for being so welcoming. I can’t wait to start on August 1st. Have a great weekend!

There will be a new team chat thread opening up tomorrow - be sure to come here and find the link to the new chat, or just go to the F2F home page and it will be among the Discussions. See you there!
  • jugar
    @JourneyAlone
    Welcome! I see in your photo that you are a lover of horses - very welcome here, for sure. Let's see if your journey can include this team - you have come so far already! Go ahead and introduce yourself, and we'll all head over to the August chat thread tomorrow or Sunday. Thanks for joining us!
  • jugar
    It is a wild and windy evening here - very high gusts, and a pileated woodpecker singing quite earnestly nearby. It would make a great soundtrack for a dramatic moment in a scary movie!

Kind of a down day, though. Can't seem to get going much, so I'm just going to let it be and get out and about more tomorrow. I think it was because how damp and cold it was - we even had a fire in the wood stove this morning. I'm also feeling a bit bummed that I won't be going down to see my dad (and sister!) on Sunday or Monday after all. I was heading down to the US for the first time since January 2020, but the delta variant is making such a big splash near where dad lives that we decided it was not a good idea. We'll wait and hope things improve. :disappointed:

So are we ready to wrap up this week and the month of July? Let's go!

@MandiSaysHey
    @CurvyCalorie
    @KellyBgetsFit - no problem about being late!
    @marsipan100
    @Pearl4686
    @evangsimmons170
    @Micki48
    @sunny9847
    @Gidgitgoescrazy - welcome back! this will be your starting weight for August

• conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    Happy Friday!

This was a fun challenge my noom group was doing this weekend and I thought I would share it here too!

I'm working on getting some PEACE (I need some order in my laundry room 😏) and some PLAY with the kids at the lake.

1️⃣ CHOOSE A NEED (or two) to focus on this weekend & a strategy for focusing on it!

👨‍👨‍👧 CONNECTION: love, nurturing, trust, support, community, communication
    🎯 PLAY: joy, humor, fun
    🧘🏼‍♀️ PHYSICAL WELL-BEING: Exercise, rest, sleep, water, air
    📚 MEANING: challenge, creativity, discovery, learning, self-expression
    ☮️ PEACE: beauty, order, harmony
    🚶🏻‍♀️AUTONOMY: freedom, space, independence

2️⃣ SHARE: Which need you'll focus on above this weekend & HOW you're going to focus on it!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    @happimess01 CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That 1 looks SOOOO good :) Can't wait to hear how the gym training goes!

@PlaneMonkey You're doing so great in this maintenance transition. Really impressed! Glad you're enjoying the summer, and fun about the hockey. I used to play when I was younger.. haven't since grade 9. Definitely miss it.

@conleywoods Great loss, happy to hear your adjustments are serving you well.

@DD265 Have a great time with your houseguests!

@JourneyAlone Welcome to the team! Happy to have a couple new faces around here for August! Hope you find it as inspiring as I do.

@jugar Sorry to hear about your trip, just when it feels like it might be on the horizon, yet another COVID obstacle pops up. Fingers crossed for a visit soon, but totally understand how disappointing that must be.
  • ashleycarole86
    Exercise 07/29 - 11,461 steps (I accidentally posted this on the week 5 challenge feed yesterday, lol)
    Exercise 07/30 - 5,229 steps

Today was VERY busy at work. Last day before holidays, down a couple guys on their own vacations, and lots of prep so our weekend on call person didn't have a bad time. I also woke up feeling sick, so the day was a total whirlwind. I think by the end of the day I only got out of my chair once or twice.

Brad and I are now on vacation for the next week. Looking forward to some R&R, and we'll see what trouble we get into.
  • ashleycarole86
    Happy Friday!

This was a fun challenge my noom group was doing this weekend and I thought I would share it here too!

I'm working on getting some PEACE (I need some order in my laundry room 😏) and some PLAY with the kids at the lake.

1️⃣ CHOOSE A NEED (or two) to focus on this weekend & a strategy for focusing on it!

2️⃣ SHARE: Which need you'll focus on above this weekend & HOW you're going to focus on it!

Thanks for sharing!

Need - connection & play

I've been very stressed and bogged down by work lately, and I haven't handled myself all that well. Brad and I need to play, decompress, and focus on our love and connection. Looking forward to a great weekend (and week off ahead)
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    @jugar thank you! Havent weighed this low since I had jaundice in 11th grade and didn't eat anything for 2 months :D And so sorry you had to cancel your travel plans. This virus is so persistent, it's frustating.
    @conleywoods Congrats on the loss! And our dogs are so cute!. And thank you, didn't know you lifted. Very cool! Are you following a lifting program? I am already seeing changes in my shoulders, hoping to milk those noobie gains in the next few months.

@gak71 Thank you. I am hoping to build a solid muscular foundation so I can try other physical activities next year like bouldering or boxing/muay thai, we'll see. How is the logging going?

@wolfy1234 Welcome bud, let's get it!

@ashleycarole86 thank you so much! Personal trainers are expensive but so worth it. Hope you enjoy your vacation!

• happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    @planemonkey Congrats on a successful maintenance. As someone who has never maintained his weight, I am super impressed!

And wow, I am honoured you want to share my pics. What"s his height though?
    In my experience, it's even more inspiring when you see someone of your stats drop the pounds. There is a subreddit ( https://www.reddit.com/r/progresspics/) where they have grouped progress pics based on height. You will find it on the right side after a bit of scrolling. It's super helpful I think. I took a screenshot to show you guys

jmua9pz9qsc2.png
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Hubby is still in in-patient rehab now probably going into Memory Care. I will be taking a break from here possibly till next year. Good luck Waistaways. I appreciate all the support from everyone here.

PW:117.9
    CW: 115.7
    Steps Goal: 10,000

Sat: 110,441
    Sun: 11,475
    Mon: 10,071
    Tue: 10,479
    Wed: 10,664
    Thur: 10,520
    Fri: 10,087
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    @happimess01 thanks, the logging is better the last couple days. My plantar fasciitis seems better so I’m looking forward to getting back to exercising and walking Monday. My losses definitely increase when I’m moving!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    CW 150.6

So much for ending the month strong.

@conleywoods I love that! I took a snap shot to refer back to. This week will definitely be physical well being.

@ashleycarole86 I would like to rejoin the step team for Aug. It is easier for me to post the entire week on Sundays.

@sunny9847 praying for you and your husband.💕
  • jugar
    sunny9847 wrote: »
    Hubby is still in in-patient rehab now probably going into Memory Care. I will be taking a break from here possibly till next year. Good luck Waistaways. I appreciate all the support from everyone here.

We will miss you, Cyndie - you have done an amazing job at the hardest range of weight loss. I hope you keep in touch sometimes just to let us know how you're doing, or to get a dose of inspiration when you need one. You can always find us and put in a quick post! I wish you well with your husband through this time. I know it can be hard, but he is still going to be able to enjoy all kinds of things even as the fog thickens. Music, nature, bird watching - I am sure you will find ways to continue to love being together. Be sure to take care of yourself, too. Hugs flying your way :heart:
  • jugar

Thanks for this, Kristi!

At the moment, it is a toss-up between connection and meaning. I have plenty of the others, except maybe play. I think the most important one right now is connection. I'll go to the farmer's market today where I see a lot of people I know. I'll contact my friend for a walk and hopefully playing some music together - that will help both things.
  • jugar
    Our new August 2021 Team Chat is open! Please go ahead over to introduce yourselves, update your goals and plans for August and get ready to roll. Continue to enter this week's weigh-ins and steps/exercise here. Sunday weigh-ins go on the new month - get ready!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10839795/waistaways-team-chat-august-2021/p1?new=1
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    vc6tocpsy9je.png

Hi Team! :)

As we are about to enter our last month of summer it’s time to stop and review how you are doing with your weight loss goals. One way to keep you mindful is to create healthy habits! Here is your NEW habit tracker for August. Just click the link and follow the instructions.
    AUGUST HABIT TRACKER
  • ashleycarole86
    @sunny9847

Sending you lots of strength during this difficult time of adjustment. Hoping for the best for your husband and for you as well. Take good care, we'll be thinking of you.
  • ashleycarole86
    edited July 2021
    @KellyBgetsfit Hooray! Glad to have you on the step team for August. Would you like to make a specific daily step pledge for the month?
This discussion has been closed.