The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• toomuchbbq
    toomuchbbq Posts: 7 Member
    Still looking for friends, soon to be 42 in Va Beach. Married dude with kids. Got that Covid fat and laziness I’m trying to break lol
  • joe3302013
    joe3302013 Posts: 9 Member
    Hello all. 41 here. I've struggled with weight my entire life. I always was a big kid, in size 42 jeans by the time I was in middle school. In high school I found football and got down to a decent weight. In college I blew up to 320 pounds. Around 25 I lost 130 pounds to get me down to 190. Around 35 I gained back weight and got back up to about 275. Last year I dropped back down to 220 but I had a lot more muscle mass this time. Now I'm on a steady clime. I am back up to 260. I need to turn this around yet again. Anyone else go through these struggles? Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • drollings2019
    drollings2019 Posts: 95 Member
    @annliz23 I love that quote! It is so true. Since I started on my "fitness" journey, I have made so many changes and it feels great!

I am working on purging in all areas of my life. I am working on my house, getting rid of all the junk I don't need sitting around. I am hoping that will allow me to make room for a workout bench. Mentally, I am purging the negative thoughts about myself. All of these along with eating better are making me feel a lot better about myself and I just have a more positive outlook and attitude.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,126 Member
    Hey @alteredsteve175 hope your wife is doing ok. Health crises really suck

Hope all the middle agers are having a good week.... hump day means it's all downhill from here! I'm celebrating I only have 2.6lb to go before mt mini goal by cleaning my entire house in advance of a BBQ we are hosting this Saturday. Yes a BBQ is outside but the washrooms are inside our house. I'm gonna be making an ice cream cake for the party so I need to get my workouts in!

Keep reaching goals!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,191 Member
    Having a lazy DAY,
  • PhatNLazy
    PhatNLazy Posts: 12 Member
    I'm in. Upper range of the middle agers but it counts.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Hope everyone is doing well!
    It’s been awhile since I’ve been here 🥰
  • sarahmurch7902
    sarahmurch7902 Posts: 2 Member
    Happy Sunday Everyone 💖
    I'm finding it much harder now i'm 48 to lose weight, and going through the menopause isn't helping either lol.
    So i'd be truly grateful if anyone can give help and advice, so glad this thread is on here 💖
  • Katerr1kk
    Katerr1kk Posts: 81 Member
    Love that quote above!

I am 41, ive lost 45lb and trying to lose the last 10lb but it is slow progress now (that's fine with me!) would love some more friends, please feel free to add me.
  • Jeffit_170
    Jeffit_170 Posts: 148 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone. I hope you all have a great Thursday!

Good morning :)
  • scary_mary73
    scary_mary73 Posts: 52 Member
    Hi there, I'm 48 and back here after a long break. I haven't been in the best of health, mentally or physically the past few years but I am turning it around. I have just started group sessions with a personal trainer to help me get back on track.

Happy to add more friends, the more motivation the better!
  • ToriaStitch
    ToriaStitch Posts: 62 Member
    Evening all,
    I'm 48 and in the worst shape ever. Health and weight are the worst ever.

I tried a council led group, twice, through the doctors during lockdown and it didn't work.
    So I'm going back to counting calories, trying to give myself a boost to start with at 800 Cal's for a week and then on to 1000/1200. I'm on day 3 and feeling better.
    I need to loose some weight so that I can start exercising, I struggle to walk without using my inhalers and am worried about leaving the house due to my health.

I would love some friends for support, feel free to add me
  • laurateach73
    laurateach73 Posts: 14 Member
    Hi everyone! 44 year old here, back on mfp after a few years of gaining weight. I’m 50 lbs heavier than when I had my daughter 3.5 years ago. I can’t even blame baby weight, it was all my overeating. Time for a turn around.

Please add me as a friend, would love all the support I can get!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,191 Member
    Just checking in. Trying to keep this thread active.

Finally some good news on the home front. My wife has an appetite. Requested a steak for dinner yesterday. Ate a 6 ounce steak and some vegetables. Made her bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast this morning. She said that her sense of taste has returned. (She missed her chemo infusion last week, so that is probably the reason.)

We will see if this good trend continues when/if the chemo infusion resumes. Fingers crossed.

That's great news Steve.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,126 Member
    Just checking in. Trying to keep this thread active.

Finally some good news on the home front. My wife has an appetite. Requested a steak for dinner yesterday. Ate a 6 ounce steak and some vegetables. Made her bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast this morning. She said that her sense of taste has returned. (She missed her chemo infusion last week, so that is probably the reason.)

We will see if this good trend continues when/if the chemo infusion resumes. Fingers crossed.

That's fantastic. I hope she keeps improving.