JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member

JFT Thursday 29th July

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes
    Back exercises the easy ones
    Walk yes, out for 50 minutes, although about 10 of those I wasn't walking. Doesn't sound much, but it's the first step to getting out walking again.

JFT Friday 30th July

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Walk

Word for 2021 Strength

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Friday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Lifting. Stairs (200). Message mom about lunch.
    2. Morning: FINISH blog post (Olympics). Try to do this before 9???
    3. Scrub 2 plates. Read Jacky! Shopping.
    4. Brunch: Mom? Scrub one necklace with toothpaste. Clois 12-1?
    5. Afternoon: Choose orgs for donations? Check on plates. Log reading on Goodreads. S&F script work: 4-5 PM.
    6. Evening: Livestream 6-8 PM. Dinner: Something small. Update common room. Stairs (200).
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    8. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr (WT) while playing sleepy music.
    9. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    Today: 195.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – Late Oct? ObG schedule for 9/22. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion August 3.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. STILL have not finished the script I've been working on. Weight is up again. It's discouraging.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Recap 07/29 (Thur)
    - Wake up at 7:30 X 7:45. SO CLOSE
    - Walk the dogs before work ✓ 0.70 miles, 28 minutes
    - Eat breakfast ✓ Some grapes and mixed nuts
    - Take vitamins
    - 64 oz of water ✓ 64 oz
    - 10,000 steps ✓ 12,125
    - 5 flights of stairs ✓ 7
    - Log EVERYTHING X
    - 30 minutes of cardio & strength X
    - Put laundry away X
    - Screens off by 10:30, bed by 11 X

I always do good at work, and then the evenings seem to get away from me...especially when my boyfriend offers to take me out to eat/do something fun. I was so tired though, still recovering from how hard I went on Tuesday.

JFT 07/30 (Fri)
    Woke up late, so this will be missing some of my usual morning goals

- Eat breakfast
    - Take vitamins
    - 64 oz of water
    - 10,000 steps
    - 5 flights of stairs
    - Log EVERYTHING
    - 30 minutes of cardio & strength
    - Put laundry away
    - Shower
    - Screens off by 10:30, bed by 11

Happy Friday! Let's crush the end of the week and go into the weekend strong!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: »

07/29/2021 Thursday JFT:

✅MFP - post and log
    ✅Self-care routine
    ✅Yoga
    ✅BBL 1-DVD
    ✅Gym - (elliptical only today)
    ✅Middle school registration
    ✅Review and plan budget; pending hubby review
    ❌Grocery Inventory
    ☑Finish EOC note card prep and complete another EOC note cards (Just going for one prep task today.) ➡️ Completed one chapter and made it halfway through the other chapter.

07/30/2021 Friday JFT:

MFP - post and log
    Self-care routine
    Yoga
    BBL 1-DVD
    Home elliptical
    Preteens return from camp today
    Grocery Inventory
    Finish EOC note card prep
    Read one chapter in one prep book

I'll catch up on reading and commenting in a little while. I've gotta jump into my day bc I'm getting a late start, Lol!!

You all stay amazing!!⭐🤗⭐
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    edited July 2021
    weekly weigh-in 2021 -- every friday

Name: Joan
    5'11"
    69 yrs old

SW: 195
    1st goal: 185
    2nd goal: 180
    Ultimate goal: 170-175

Word for the year 2021: Consistency

My weight history:
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178 on December, 2019
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained 15 pounds through the pandemic :s
    SW Year 2021:195

Goals for 2021:
    These are the healthy habits I would like to do in 2021:
    1. Lose 25 pounds to get to my ultimate goal of 170, and then learn how to maintain it.
    2. To be better with planning my meals each week
    3. to get up in the morning, and have a rough idea of what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
    4. To stop mindless eating. To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
    5. To make drinking water a regular habit.. and drink 8+ glasses of water a day
    6. To curb and stop nitetime snacking for good.

Weekly weigh-in. I plan on weighing every friday
    SW Friday, Jan 1st: 195.6
    SW: Feb 5: 191.8
    SW: Mar 5: 193
    SW: April 2: 190.4
    SW: May 188
    SW: June 190

Friday, Jan 8: 194.4 -1.2
    Jan 15: 194.6. +.2 I was down to 193.4 2 days ago .. but this reflects 2 days of mindless eating.
    Jan 22: 191.4 -3.2 5 out of 7 days were good ...
    Jan 29: 194.2 -- this is what happens when I don't track, give into stress and emotional eating. But ... My word for the year is consistency... that means consistently also recording my weight .. and being accountable. So its a new week.. again.
    Feb 5: 191.8 -- trying to get back on track with controlled nite time eating
    Feb 12: 194.3 --- I don't know why, but I can do good for a week, only to blow it the next week. I think the pandemic, the cold dreary weather is leading me to just overeat.
    Feb 19: 194 --- a very small loss, due to 4 days of overeating granola bars and Kind bars.
    Feb 26: 193 -- 5 out of 7 days I did OK, especially with nite time snacking.
    Mar 5: 193 -- stayed the same, but had 2 days of eating icecream and peeps
    Mar 12: 192.6. Started challenge of the rest of the month NO nite time eating at all.
    Mar 19: 190.4 -- 5 out of 7 days NO nite time eating. Goal next week ... 6 our of 7 day no nite time eating, 8+ glasses water @ day.
    March 26: 188.6--- 6 out of 7 days I did good .. no nite time eating. Last nite... food was in control of me. I was so tired, and instead of lying down... I grazed the entire nite. So much that I had trouble sleeping. So while right now my weight is down, I expect it to go up. So next weeks goal is 7 out of 7 days.
    April 2: 190.4 --- not the best week.. but I am still down 5.2 pounds for the first 3 months of this year. So I will look at the positives.
    April 9: 191.2 --- even though I had a OK week, I think eating ham for 3 days .. hoping its just water weight.
    April 16: 187.6 -- a week of more mindful eating, especially in the evenings, plus a lot more exercise with walking and garden work.
    April 23: 187 -- a very small loss, but at least the scale is going in the right direction. I will continue to work on the nite time snacking and emotional eating.
    April 30 188.8 -- got into the ice cream again.I am just 10 pounds before I am in a healthy, normal weight for my height.. but those 10# have been the hardest. I met that goal in 2019 ... trying to get back there.
    May 14: 188.0 -- A week of terrible back pain, so I wasn't really watching, or caring what I ate. So happy that I at least did not gain much.
    May 21: 185.6 -- lots of walking and yard work this past week.
    June 4: 190.1 -- this is what happens when I am not paying attention to habits, etc.

Missed tracking weight almost all through june and july. back on track now

July 30: 186.8 --- trying to plan dinner meal better, and doing a lot of walking. Gave up caffeine .. on week 3 now.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    edited July 2021
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    JFT, Thurs 7/29
    1. log all food :)
    2. plan todays meals ... going to the gym with hubby, so using my new ninja grill and grilled a hamburger. Yes, higher in pts, but high in protein. Lunch will be cottage cheese and fruit.. breakfast eggs :)
    3. go to gym with hubby :/
    4. concentrate on 8+ water :)

JFT, Friday
    1. log all food
    2. plan todays meals ... going to fish fry tonite, so 1 piece of fish and some fries. lite lunch, breakfast is our usual .. eggs with tons of tomatoes, green peppers, mushrooms..
    3. concentrate on water
    4. go for a walk ... :) already did this .. 5 miles in this morning before the heat gets here.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    edited July 2021
    💖💕💖💕💖💕💖
    💖💕💖 JULY 💖💕💖
    💖💕💖💕💖💕💖
    ocbtnk3lembi.jpg

Didn’t have time to catch up. Maybe later tonight.

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (✔️Sept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • 11 Apr: 142.2
    [*] 1 May: 142.6
    [*] 3 June: 144.4 (thanks to Bank holiday 4 day weekend indulgences)
    [*] 1 July: 144.4 (holding steady)
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 83

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    Daily Habits:
    Thu: ✅ Fri: ✅ Sat: Sun: Mon: Tue: Wed:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 2/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 23.1 —>22.6
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.6 ⏫
    4. Log CI<CO/Calories in the green ✅ 2/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 2/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 2/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 2/7
    🌹Positive Intentions for Sat 31 July
    [*] Meditation
    [*] Weigh/post weight
    [*] Journal - Tiny Habits
    [*] local shopping
    [*] Declutter session
    [*] Daily Chores
    [*] Puzzles: Watch TV
    [*] Read book
    [*] Keep up to date with email
    [*] Daily goals update

💦 July Challenge 💦
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧

NLNS
    July: LNS: 2 ~ ME: 28

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!
  • littleblackskirt

JFT Friday 30th July

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green no, 136 over. Still managing not to snack, but had a higher cal evening meal (need to eat what's in the freezer)
    Back exercises no
    Walk no

Have a great weekend, don't undo all your efforts from through the week!

Word for 2021 Strength
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Vacation day at home. Late to post but want to for my own accountability.

Recap 7/29 Today is my Friday since taking vacation days tomorrow & Monday for four-day weekend. Woohoo!
    1) Walked dog 4.02 mi before work, very warm & very humid, breeze helped. Had encounter with fawn, see pic below. :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (hope my Fitbit move reminder is working) :smiley: 13/14 (concert) & 16.5K
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water / order dinner for concert / remember to log beer :smiley: ordered spinach & grilled chicken salad, declined profferred cookie at concert, small sweet treat once home -65 & 11c
    4) Arrange PA initiation memo with AA since she is on vacation next 2 weeks / GA-C/V some kind of progress / keep emails current / OOO message / print/sign month end PAR / update Project Status s/s / submit PAR, PRO, KRO s/s = 7/7 busy & productive
    5) 5:30 check in & pick up dinner / 6:00 concert at GBBG :smiley: bumped into 3 friends from church and sat with them, had a marvelous time / maybe one ta-da? = 2/3
    6) Unplug 10:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 7:00 alarm (walk dog before too warm)

JFT 7/30 F vacation day & stay home
    1) Walked dog 4.7 mi on beautiful cool morning & not just after sunrise B) happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water
    4) From my ta-da list: ordered cat's Heartgard & doggy dental treats / updated MS acct for upcoming bill / wish BFF happy bday / weeded berm ~ took advantage of cooler, less humid day & filled two large containers to overflowing from south side only ~ Fitbit registered me as riding bike! hahaha :mrgreen:
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / 7:00 alarm (farmers market)

Very tired at the moment but refreshed from my shower. Long dog walk this morning and two hours of weeding in afternoon, not counting time I used plant identification app to learn about what's growing. Two toads startled me, as I'm sure they were startled. I was happy to see bees in the area for pollination. Hubby says we can haul weeds to yard waste place this weekend. Just have the north side left, not nearly so bad.

At times like these, I want to eat something fast & tasty, health be damned. But my "official" weigh-in is Sat. and I thought how I'm sick of reporting weight gains. So I had a snack with protein (string cheese) and fiber to fill me up (popcorn), plus slugged down more water, which I really needed. Time to fix my romaine salad with veggies & leftover salmon for supper.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited July 2021
    MLHC1 wrote: »

07/30/2021 Friday JFT:

✅MFP - post and log
    ✅Self-care routine
    ✅Yoga
    ✅BBL 1-DVD
    ☑Home elliptical➡️ Actually made it to the gym!
    ✅Preteens return from camp today
    ❌Grocery Inventory
    ✅Finish EOC note card prep
    ❌Read one chapter in one prep book

I still need to catch up but time is limited at the moment. I'm actually posting tomorrow's JFT bc I know how busy it'll be tomorrow. Hubby is getting ready to head out to Delaware so things are a bit hectic getting him packed, etc.

08/01/2021 Saturday JFT: Happy August!!🥳

MFP - post and log
    Self-care routine
    Yoga
    BBL 1-DVD
    Home elliptical
    Family Jiu Jitsu Training
    Grocery Inventory
    Weekly household deep cleaning
    Finish EOC note card prep
    Read one chapter in one prep book
    Family Movie Night 🤗

Have a blessed weekend!! I'll check back in if I can tomorrow, if not then Sunday for sure. You all stay strong and be kind to yourseves!! This health journey is a rollercoaster, just raise your hands in the air and enjoy the ride, Lol!! ⭐ 🎢 ⭐

• clicketykeys
    edited July 2021
    JFT Saturday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Run (2 miles). Message mom about dinner.
    2. Morning: FINISH blog post (Olympics). Try to do this before 9???
    3. Scrub 2 plates. Read Jacky! Yoga at library 10-11.
    4. Brunch: Mom? Scrub one necklace with toothpaste. Clois 12-1?
    5. Afternoon: Choose orgs for donations? Check on plates. Log reading on Goodreads. Relax in tub.
    6. Evening: S&F script work: 4-5 PM. Dinner: Something small. Update common room.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    8. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr (WT) while playing sleepy music.
    9. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. Sunday 8/2 Flamingle; Tuesday 8/3 CTC reading group; next Saturday 8/7 WAE picnic.

Scale goals
    Today: 195.6

1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – Late Oct? ObG schedule for 9/22. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Stillllll working on that darn script. I'm quite pleased with what I have, and I think I've got my closing lined up. Maybe I can finish it tomorrow.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    JFT - Friday July 30
    1.5L of water 👿
    Log all Food 🙂
    Walk 15 minutes 🙂

JFT - Saturday July 31
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 minutes

I went into work early today and left early too. Then hubby and I went and bought a new exterior door that is going to be a bigger project than originally planned.

I need to get my hip back in shape so I can help with this.

Hugs to all!
  • Janele0627
    Recap 07/30 (Fri)
    Woke up late, so this will be missing some of my usual morning goals

- Eat breakfast ✓ But it wasn't healthy. Ended up at McDonalds
    - Take vitamins
    - 64 oz of water ✓ 72
    - 10,000 steps
    - 5 flights of stairs
    - Log EVERYTHING X Ended up having a late night snack that I failed to log. Felt bad about myself afterwards, too :(
    - 30 minutes of cardio & strength ✓ 32 minutes, 200 calories
    - Put laundry away X
    - Shower
    - Screens off by 10:30, bed by 11 X

JFT 07/31 (Sat)
    - Eat breakfast
    - Take vitamins
    - Walk the dogs - try to hit 1 mile
    - 64 oz of water
    - 10,000 steps
    - 5 flights of stairs
    - Log EVERYTHING
    - 30 minutes of cardio
    - Put laundry away
    - Vacuum the stairs
    - Clean the cat box
    - Sweep whole house
    - Screens off by 10:30, bed by 11

It's the end of the month, finish strong! Start the new month off on the right foot! We can all reach our goals :)
  • cschmitz110515
    edited July 2021
    Recap 7/30 F vacation day & stay home
    1) Walked dog 4.7 mi on beautiful cool morning & not just after sunrise B) happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly :smiley: 12/14 (slept in a bit) & 16.2K
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water :smiley: green 12 & 12c
    4) From my ta-da list: ordered cat's Heartgard & doggy dental treats / updated MS acct for upcoming bill / wish BFF happy bday / weeded berm ~ took advantage of cooler, less humid day & filled two large containers to overflowing from south side only ~ Fitbit registered me as riding bike! hahaha :mrgreen: TA-DA!
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / 7:00 alarm (farmers market) ~ kept hitting snooze but up & downstairs before 8 = 3.5 / 6

JFT 7/31 Sat. = planned rest day
    1) Farmers market :smiley: very happy to see RJ back with his heirloom tomatoes!
    2) Fleet Farm (dog food plus house repair materials) / grocery store / haul weeds to yard waste place :smiley: all done with hubby
    3) Wish SIL happy bday online / schedule cc pmt / wash gallon jugs & fill from rain barrels / prep offering envelope for church / other ta-da?
    4) Move hourly 10+
    5) Net cals already small red not including supper ~ make healthy meal / 12c water
    6) DVR shows with hubby
    7) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / ? alarm (church & walk dog, which first?)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • cschmitz110515
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories. My weaknesses: I love food... my sweet tooth, especially chocolate... portion control... FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale. No goal dates set ~ this is not a diet but my lifestyle.

Age 63, 5'4" (have permanently lost half inch ~ bummer)
    GW #1: 150 in a livable way = It's. Not. A. Diet.
    GW #2: 145 normal BMI
    UG (need to be realistic): maintain 150

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    1/10/17 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations / committed to posting weekly weigh-in
    06/03 = 177.5
    06/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    06/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    06/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    07/01 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    07/08 = 177.5 oops
    07/15 = 176.5
    07/22 = 175.0
    07/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    08/05 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    08/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    08/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    08/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    09/02/17 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    09/09 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    09/16/17 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    09/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
    09/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170
    10/07 = 166.0
    10/14 = 166.5 dined out 2 days with adult beverages plus wine & cheesecake at spa
    10/21/17 = 166.5 dined out 2 days plus food day in office / no gain is good [joined Just Give Me 10 Days challenge (daily w/i)]
    10/28 = 164.5 very active week & watched CICO / reached October goal of 165
    11/04 = 163.0 wow, really surprised at this, daily fluctuations very up and down this week
    11/11 = 164.5 this is temporary b/c very high sodium yesterday
    11/18 = 162.0 big surprise, especially b/c I weigh myself daily and didn't see this all week
    11/25 = 163.0 no surprise after 2 no-logging-food days (parade day and Thanksgiving), just glad not worse
    12/02 = 161.0 Jingle Bell 5K day / 44:37 chip time & ave. pace 14:22 & very happy!
    12/09/17 = 158.5 first time in 10 years my weight is 1-5-anything! :D
    12/16 = 158.0 no work parties or food days & stuck with CICO
    12/23 = 157.5 no "workouts" but shoveled snow & snowshoed, busy with Christmas preparations
    12/30 = 159.0 Christmas Day no food/beverages logged
    01/06/18 = 159.0 New Year's Eve hubby & I splurged on treats & beverages (at home), and I did not log...totally worth it!
    01/13 = 157.0 big surprise! Yesterday evening, walked in Frenzy on the Fox 5K in 47:26 & pace 15:19. Very happy with my time, wore layers of clothes in 10 degrees & NNW 12 mph wind, fun event.
    01/20 = 156.5
    01/27 = 156.5 maintaining / not a bad thing
    02/03 = sick / no weigh in
    02/10 = 152.5 unhealthy loss due to illness / I know weight will go back up & I'm totally fine with that
    02/17/18 = 153.0 thrilled with annual physical on 2/15/18: BP 110/68, pulse 64 and BMI 26.14 :star:
    02/24 = 154.0 little out of control last week, but at goal for the month
    03/03 = 155.5 oops / still lower than before I was sick
    03/10 = 153.5 back on track
    03/17 = 152.5
    03/24 = 153.0 evening snacks & two days straight of 8 hr seminars (+ lots of sitting)
    03/31 = 153.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before / Badger State Brewing 10K 1:30:28.82 and average pace 14:35 :smiley:
    04/07 = 154.5 ack ~ ate Easter candy most evenings
    04/14 = 153.5 Day 1 of record-setting blizzard ~ yuck! Followed by day 2 of blizzard, then snow day (no work / still shoveling & plowing) on Monday ~ in APRIL ~ yikes! :p
    04/21 = 153.5 after such weird week & daily weight fluctuations, happy to maintain
    04/28 = 152.0
    05/05 = 153.5 kinda stalled three months + feeling hungry more often ~ since w/i 10# of goal, changed MFP setting to lose 1/2 lb. per week & see how it goes
    05/12 = 153.5 ok with this ~ think changing my MFP setting, and having more net calories to play with, is agreeing with me ~ I'm not so hungry all the time
    05/19 = 154.0 drinks (2 margaritas) & dinner w/ BFF night before + enjoyed everything!
    05/26/18 = 153.0 Health Risk Assessment 5/15/18 ~ BMI 25.6 :star:
    06/02 = 153.0 basically in maintenance for now ~ I'll take it!
    06/09 = 152.5 Bellin Run 10K 1:28:12 split time 45:03 ave. pace 14:12 ~ beat goal of < 1:30 :star:
    06/16/18 = 152.0 lowest weight all year :smiley:
    06/23 = 156.0 end of vacation week & lots of eating out
    06/30 = 155.5
    07/07 = 156.0 post-vacation w/i net calories not. so. much. Ack!
    07/14 = 154.5 prelogging & sticking w/ plan helps
    07/21 = 154.5 Packers 5K 44:50 ave pace 14:26 min/mile ~ beat goal < 45:00 :star:
    07/28 = 157.5 peanut M&M attacks (eek) + dinner out w/ SIL/niece (yum!) + staff luncheon (ick)
    08/03 = 155.5 started Evening Snack Challenge on JFT
    08/11 = 158.0 stressful week (job crap ~ hubby's & my own) >:) , Chinese buffet 1 evening & Feast with the Beasts (so worth it!)
    08/18 = 157.5 saw 156.0 during week ~ evening snack challenge not. so. good.
    08/25 = 156.0 prelogged as much as possible & CICO getting better
    09/01 = 154.5 included Taste on Broadway & office relocation so packing & moving boxes ~ very pleased
    09/08 = 157.5 too many office bday indulgences / City Stadium 5K for Veterans 44:27 & ave. pace 14:16 ~ beat goal of < 44:30 :star:
    09/15 = 156.0
    09/22 = 155.5 maybe lower if not for Pizza Ranch prairie pizza & wine at BFF's the night before
    09/29 = 154.0
    10/06 = 155.0 may include water retention in muscles b/c resumed home version of weights & circuit-training day before
    10/13 = 157.0 birthday treats & adult beverages / walked in Run for the Hill of It 5K in 48:13 pace 15:32 & hill 2:01 ~ beat both time (part unpaved trail with sloppy conditions due to 5" rain over preceding week) & hill (finish is UP a steep sledding hill) from last year :star: and learned only 25 out of 267 participants finished the hill < 1 min.
    10/20 = 155.0
    10/27 = 158.0 oops... lots of leaf-raking the evening before + too. much. snacking.
    11/03 = 156.5 better planning / stopped evening snacking (mostly)
    11/10 = 156.0 basically stuck in maintenance mode ~ not the worst thing
    11/17 = 157.0
    11/24 = 159.5 Thanksgiving week & paid time off with hubby ~ def going in wrong direction ~ oops
    12/01 = 157.5 Jingle Bell 5K 45:38 & ave. pace 14:42 ~ not bad
    12/08 = 157.0
    12/15 = 156.5 clearly in maintenance mode all year ~ not exactly the plan but I'm ok with this for now ~ really happy to stay 1-5-anything
    12/22 = 155.5 surprised by this ~ maybe due to much later than normal weigh-in (late start to the day)
    12/29/18 = 159.5 and happy I stayed 1-5-anything over holidays & vacation days at home
    01/05/19 = 157.5
    01/12 = 158.0 Frenzy on the Fox 5K 1/11 with friends ~ not timed / MapMyWalk 54:19
    01/19 = 158.0 maintained even with evening snacking & skipped workouts
    01/26 = 157.5
    02/02 = 158.5 hubby's traditional bday dinner + leftovers + evening snacking ~ oops
    02/09 = 158.5 ok with no gain / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 48:34:89 & ave. pace 15:89 in below zero temps & icy mile 2
    02/16 = 158.0
    02/23 = 160.0 oops... deserved, net cals & sodium def red prior 3 days. Annual physical 2/26 159.6 fully clothed.
    03/02 = 159.5
    03/09 = 157.5
    03/16 = 158.0 feeling unwell & no workouts all week
    03/23 = 157.5 finally feeling better
    03/31 = 160.5 posting Sun. month end w/i ~ too many days, net calories RED. Badger State Brewing 10K 3/30 in 1:28:14 & ave. pace 14:12 and beat goal < 1:30 :star:
    04/06 = 160.0 saw 158.5 during week
    04/13 = 159.5
    Hiatus from MFP 4/17 - 4/29 (Easter 4/21)
    05/04 = 161.5 logging again starting 4/30
    05/11 = 163.0 ack
    05/18 = 163.0 no gain
    05/25 = 163.0 could be worse
    06/01 = 162.0
    06/08 = 162.0 pre-race spaghetti night before / Bellin Run 10K 1:29:54 split 44:13 ave. pace 14:29
    06/15 = 164.0 ate at fast food, cafe (brunch), pub (happy hour), seminar (lunch), dinner at BFF's (sangria)
    06/22 = 162.5 better eating & tracking
    06/29 = 163.5 two days of conference food
    07/06 = 162.5
    07/13 = 163.5 two out-of-town family parties + diner food + drinks/dinner at Mexican restaurant
    07/20 = 166.0 cousin's funeral luncheon (one whole table w/ family desserts) + restaurant week lunch w/ hubby + pizza supper w/ hubby
    07/27 = 165.0
    08/03 = 164.5 happy to see any loss at all... I am the tortoise :D
    08/10 = 167.5 high sodium & emotional eating
    08/17 = 167.5
    08/24 = 165.5
    08/31 = 169.5 staycation week & ate whatever I wanted
    09/07 = 167.0 flushed sodium & water weight / City Stadium 5K for Veterans 45:12 (goal < 45:00) & ave. pace 14:33
    09/14 = 166.5
    09/21 = 166.0
    09/27 = 165.5
    10/05 = 167.5 pre-race food ~ Pink Pumpkin 5K 44:06 :star: (goal < 45:00) & ave. pace 14:12
    10/12 = 165.5 eating back on track ~ Run for the Hill of It 5K (trail event) 48:06 & hill 1:58 :star: (goal < 2 min.)
    10/19 = 165.5
    10/26 = 165.0 slowly but surely... my lifestyle is NOT a diet :D
    11/02 = 165.5 Maru & Jack's party / food night before
    11/09 = 164.5 few days of staying at zero net calories works!
    11/16 = 165.0 rare Fri. night dinner date w/ hubby at local cafe ~ totally worth it!
    11/23 = 166.0 wrong way again
    11/30 = 168.0 ACK!!!
    12/07 = 165.5 sick several days & painful sore throat will do that
    12/14 = 167.0 on prednisone & ate to quell nausea
    12/21 = 165.5
    12/28/19 = 168.5 spent 75% of 2019 in 160s... not the plan :p
    01/04/20 = stomach flu 1/4 - 1/5 & slow recovery 1/6 - 1/7 ~ lost unhealthy amount of weight quickly
    01/11 = 164.5 Fri. evening Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29
    01/18 = 164.5 managed to maintain weight lost while sick
    01/25 = 166.0 expected (some high sodium days)
    02/01 = 166.0 bday celebrations (hubby's, mom's, co-worker's) + evening snacking
    02/08 = 166.5 pre-race carb-loading / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 :star:
    02/15 = 166.0
    02/22 = 167.0 not sure about accuracy of exercise calories logged this week
    02/29 = 165.0 yay
    3/2/20 Dr. B recommended getting my weight back down for relief of mild arthritis in both my knees. Another incentive.
    03/07 = 165.5 several very red days ~ oops
    03/14 = 164.5 conscientiously logging food helps
    03/21 = 162.5 stressed out & not feeling like eating (apparently I emotional eat only when bored, lonely or sad)
    03/28 = 162.0 work at home since 3/20/20, eating (mostly) healthy to stay healthy & walked 27.62 miles w/ dog
    04/04 = 161.5 walked virtual Badger State Brewing 10K on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 [not my usual race pace but I never walk race events with my dog & no other participants ~ happy me]
    04/11 = 162.0 several evening snack attacks of peanut M&Ms
    04/18 = 162.5 inching back up ~ Easter dinner + chocolate + high sodium meals of scalloped potatoes/ham + pea soup w/ ham
    04/25 = 162.0 happy to be inching back down
    05/02 = 162.0 saw 161 during week ~ yay
    05/09 = 163.5 comfort eating + rest days Thurs. AND Fri. ~ oops
    05/16 = 164.0 wrong direction ~ need to get a grip! Virtual #RonaRunOff w/ dog 5.08 mi in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23. Event miles of each participant will be aggregated at the end of May and, for every 50 miles, a pair of shoes will be donated to an area healthcare or janitorial worker. I had the opportunity to nominate my hubby for the shoes. I hope he gets selected!
    05/23 = 163.0
    05/30 = 162.5
    06/06 = 164.0 emotional eating + unhealthy evening snacking / walked virtual Bellin Run 10K w/ dog 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14
    06/13 = 162.5 healthier farmers market eating & limited evening snacks
    06/20 = 163.0
    06/27 = 162.5
    07/04 = 162.0
    07/11 = 162.5
    07/18 = 162.0 changed MFP to lightly active
    07/25 = 161.5 really happy b/c after high sodium day
    08/01 = 161.5 after high sodium days (saw 161.0 2X during week ~ yay)
    08/08 = 161.5 hanging in there (saw 160.5 1X during week)
    08/15 = 161.0 niece's wedding day
    08/22 = 160.0 YAY
    08/29 = 165.0 staycation week ate take out & 2 day trips/restaurants ~ oops & I don't care. Walked Hope Isn't Canceled Virtual 10K with dog 1:43:10 ave. pace 16:36
    09/05 = 161.5 big sodium flush
    09/12 = 161.0 back on track
    09/19 = 162.5 ugh ~ high sodium week
    09/26 = 161.0 better / virtual Packers 5K w/ dog 52:23 ave. pace 16:41
    10/03 = 160.5 slow & steady
    10/09 = 160.5 w-i one day early (before bday splurges) / virtual Bellin Women's 5K w/ dog 52:55 ave. pace 16:57 on 10/10/20
    10/17 = 160.0 take that, bday indulges! / virtual Run for the Hill of It 5K (no finish up steep sledding hill this year) w/ dog in 50:35 ave. pace 16:16
    10/24 = 161.0 lack of meal planning & stupid snacking
    10/31 = 159.0 WAHOO!!! long time coming
    11/07 = 159.0 after Halloween candy splurge & apple crisp, I'm happy
    11/14 = 158.5
    11/21 = 159.0
    11/28 = 161.5 oops ~ Thanksgiving & long weekend / home edition Turkey Trot 2 mi w/ dog 11.26.20
    12/05 = 160.0 back on track
    12/12 = 159.5 virtual Jingle Bell 5K (actually 3.86 miles due to stupid RunGo app failures) 1:08:46 with dog
    12/19/20 = 159.5 ~ 50.37 miles 12.17.20 in 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021)
    12/26/20 = 162.5
    01/02/21 = 163.5 holiday eating & drinking :p
    01/09/21 = 162.0
    01/16/21 = 161.5 slow & steady / submitted 50 Mile Frenzy log 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 walked total of 97.44 miles (some on treadmill)
    01/23/21 = 162.0 lack of meal planning
    01/30/21 = 164.5 high stress (BIL died), comfort eating & high sodium
    02/06/21 = 163.5
    02/13/21 = 164.0 F-it wk #1
    02/20/21 = 164.5 F-it wk #2
    02/28/21 = 167.0 F-it wk #3 ack!
    03/06/21 = 166.0 slowly getting back on track
    03/13/21 = 167.5 cataract & refractive surgeries on 3/8 & 3/11, very sedentary & several restaurant take outs
    03/20/21 = 166.5
    03/27/21 = 166.0
    04/03/21 = 167.5 net calories way too red & high sodium ~ need to quit comfort eating & evening snacking
    04/10/21 = 168.0 week of eating leftover Easter ham & chocolate
    04/17/21 = 169.0
    04/24/21 = 168.5 baby steps
    05/01/21 = 170.5
    05/08/21 = 170.0
    05/15/21 = 171.5
    05/22/21 = 169.0
    05/29/21 = 171.5 May was not a good month for me; 10-day hiatus from MFP. Restarted logging 6.1.21.
    06/05/21 = 171.0
    06/12/21 = 172.5 this is ridiculous... June is worse than May
    06/19/21 = 171.5 needed to do something so reset weekly goal on MFP
    06/26/21 = 173.0 stressful week (mom's knee surgery Mon.) & only 2 workouts
    07/03/21 = 173.5
    07/10/21 = 173.0 workouts not consistent (somewhat weather related)
    07/17/21 = 174.0 have been bumping along on the struggle bus, hopefully getting that out of my system
    07/24/21 = 174.5 Packers 5K in person 48.36 ave. pace 15.39 :star:
    07/31/21 = 173.5 remembered to take & log monthly measurements ~ now to improve

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Today: Smile ~ Laugh ~ Be Kind ~ <3 ~ Eat Well ~ Be Active
  • clicketykeys
    edited August 2021
    JFT Sunday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Run (5 miles).
    2. Morning: Work on Clois 9-10. Add 5 squares to bingo.
    3. Scrub 2 plates. Read Jacky! Groceries.
    4. Brunch: Sushi. Scrub one necklace with toothpaste. Update MFP and weigh in.
    5. Afternoon: Choose orgs for donations? Check on plates. Log reading on Goodreads.
    6. Evening: S&F script work: 4-5 PM. Dinner: Something small. Update common room.
    9. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. Tuesday 8/3 CTC reading group; next Saturday 8/7 WAE picnic. No yoga next Saturday.

Scale goals
    Today: 195.4

WFTY: Persistence. Finished AND SHOT my script for my next video. Pretty happy with that.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    JFT - Saturday July 31
    1.5L of water - 🤷‍♀️ My bottle would get warm so I would put it in the fridge take another one and do the same again. I don’t know how much I’ve had.
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Walk 15 minutes - 🙂

JFT - Sunday Aug 1
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 minutes

I can’t believe I’m typing that date. I feel like I haven’t enjoyed summer at all!

On the up side the My Health app on my phone says I walked an average of 1.1km in July. It was 0.7km in June. Neither are really accurate as this is what my phone counts and a lot of times I walk without my phone on me.

I think I should take measurements tomorrow so on Sept 1st I’ll see if there is a difference. That used to motivate me a lot!
  • littleblackskirt
    Did quite well on Saturday (well, calorie-wise, not with nutrition). Had a bowl of cereal morning and evening, and snacked on crisps while driving home. Refused the offer of a takeaway. I was just too tired to make an evening meal, and not hungry anyway after the crisps! It shows on the scale this morning but now need to make it permanent. Aiming to log and keep Sunday under control.

JFT Sunday 1st August

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    No snacking
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Sunday 1st August

Last week escaped. After the estate agent had taken photos on Monday we went to Devon for a mini break with my brother and his wife and then we drove back up to Skye on Friday. I’ve not been logging but know I’ve not been in the green. I’ve now got 1.5kg to shift to get back to where I was a month ago. Time to get back to doing what I know works.

Log
    Stay in the green
    Water
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬆️ 👿
  • Janele0627
    Ugh, I don't even want to think about the goals I didn't accomplish yesterday...
    But my boyfriend took me to an art gallery hosted by the local art school - he even encouraged me to enter some of my own art next year. We went out and had a nice lunch. Then we relaxed at home until about 7. We went to a concert about an hour away. A local Nirvana cover band. It was so much fun!

I'm just going to take an easy recovery day today. Do some yoga, drink a lot of water, and try to clean the house.
    Will get back on track tomorrow.

Happy August everyone! Crush your goals this month!