The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Confession time 😬

I drank a bottle of wine on Saturday when we came back from our hike. I have felt so many mixed emotions about it, but I'm hesitant to make too massive a deal over it. Instead I'm going to use it as a learning opportunity and try to understand why I drank. It was definitely a FOMO (fear of missing out) that came over me. And the whole 'one day at a time' thing went completely out the window. I sat panicked thinking well, are you NEVER drinking again ? Wow. It all just sneaked up on me. In a way its not a shock. My partner and brother have had drink in the house, alcohol is literally everywhere you look right now being the summer and all the outdoor seating.

I'm still very proud of myself. 4 months and 2 weeks and I have had 1 drinking session. That's pretty awesome I think.

Hope everyone is well. 😊 so glad to have this thread to post on. It is a help for me.

Yes FOMO is a real feeling and I understand how you felt. Your AF record is awesome!
  • RubyRed427
    alexmose2 wrote: »
    Last night was my going away party. It's sad to move away from my friends/family to a new country for the next 3-6 years but I did not have a drink and still had such a wonderful time.

Good job- and this morning you had no regrets or hazy memory of the going away party. Best wishes on your new adventure. Sounds exciting!
  • RubyRed427
    14. Stopping drinking DID change me for the better, but I found it hard to deal with being this different person. Again, change can be scary, the familiar will feel comforting.

@Up_n_Running I like all of your statements but especially this one. During Covid, there were no outside get togethers, so it was easier to just sit at home and not drink. I also changed from not drinking and found it difficult to just sit with my feelings.
  • RubyRed427
    Good morning!
    Today I feel pretty good. Day 4 AF and my face looks better / eyes clearer. What a difference a few days make.
    @Up_n_Running REally cute gif!
    @lozingitslowly Thanks for sharing!! It always helps!
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,482 Member
    I too am feeling better since my crazy wine soaked weekend reunion with my old college pals. I agree with Ruby Red, what a difference a few days makes. Still not sleeping which is really pissing me off. At least I feel well enough to walk in the morning before the high 90's return during the days.
  • RubyRed427
    GOOD MORN <3 I am uninstalling my Easy Quit Drinking app on my phone. I'm needing more space so I decided that I really do not "need" to have this on my phone any longer. I rarely consult it so there is no further purpose for it to be taking up room on my phone...SO, having said all of that, here are my current stats before they are no longer. $$ saved $8,272 Total Healthy 94.17% Drinks Passed 4,963.3 Time Sober 1158 days & 3 hours (3 yrs 2 months 1 day & 3 hrs) AND that's all folks...onward & upward with 3 more days off to enjoy in freedom!!

I seriously feel like I've just been released from prison after being in captivity for the past several years. WooHoo, I'm still in the honeymoon phase and am enjoying my new-found lease on life.

I'm hoping everyone has a great weekend B)

An emotional prison is harmful - so yes, you are feeling elated. I'm happy for you! congrats on your amazing 1158 through it ALL. You are doing so well!