11 Of The Biggest Things I Stopped Doing To Lose 90 Pounds - WITH PICS! *What have YOU had to STOP?

12346»

Replies

• jennipooh82
    jennipooh82 Posts: 331 Member
    This…. Wow! First off CONGRATULATIONS! You look amazing and your 11 outlooks really hit home to me! I have been on this weight loss journey for a while with points where I give up… but what you say is so true! Excuses get in the way, and I stopped believing! Well since May 28, 2021, I’m back in the ‘Get ME fit’ again band wagon and have been loving my results and willpower!
    I’m down 24.2 pounds. In away it doesn’t seem like much but my body is certainly transforming and I’m becoming to love it more and more!
    I learned it’s not all about what I eat but also knowing what my body is letting me know (am I full- stop eating; I’m I hungry- grab something (healthy) to eat). Learning to understand our bodies, what they NEED vs what they don’t run so well on. I’ve actually come to love the learning process this time around, the new ways to fuel my body in a better way, one that gets the best out of what I put in. And in a world with CONSTANT processed junk and influences, it’s hard. I try my hardest for eat good food and exercise daily. Does that mean there is not processed food in my daily intake- nope, there in certainly processed food but I try to really not used it if not needed.
    And you are SO RIGHT, there is no end date. This is something that many have to work on daily! So here is to better choices and when falling down- brush yourself off and back to the grind.
    Please friend me, I can always use the encouragement too! And I try my very hardest to reciprocate.
    ~Jenni
  • ableser
    ableser Posts: 7 Member
    Thank you for this! It's so true and encouraging. Congratulations on your journey.
  • medee35
    medee35 Posts: 19 Member
    Hello Community,
    I am looking for a diet and fitness buddy who lives in the CSRA.If you are interested in creating a support system to help staying accountable while on this journey,Kindly please send me a massage or a friend request .The journey is lonely when you don't have anyone who understands your struggle or who's not on the journey Let's do this 🤗🤗 JOIN ME JOIN ME🙏🙏
  • MaggieTor3
    MaggieTor3 Posts: 49 Member
    edited July 2021
    Thank you Alisa :) I don't know how to send you a friend request or I would.

• noel2fit
    noel2fit Posts: 235 Member
    Great thread! Thing I learned recently- when I workout, I need to drink my protein shake. If I skip it to "save calories" I will eat horribly later because I'll end up starving. Getting out of the starvation mindset where eating nothing is the best thing to do has helped me lately. If I stay satiated, I don't binge junk!
  • alisampm
    alisampm Posts: 182 Member
    MaggieTor3 wrote: »
    Thank you Alisa :) I don't know how to send you a friend request or I would.

I'll request you. :)
  • alisampm
    alisampm Posts: 182 Member
    medee35 wrote: »
    Hello Community,
    I am looking for a diet and fitness buddy who lives in the CSRA.If you are interested in creating a support system to help staying accountable while on this journey,Kindly please send me a massage or a friend request .The journey is lonely when you don't have anyone who understands your struggle or who's not on the journey Let's do this 🤗🤗 JOIN ME JOIN ME🙏🙏

Not sure where that is, but I'd be happy to be friends. ;)
  • aeborowski
    aeborowski Posts: 72 Member
    Wow! The original post here was so eye-opening and this entire thread is inspiring. Thank you for sharing!
  • OHMEMEMETRICIA
    OHMEMEMETRICIA Posts: 2 Member
    Great share! I think one that resonates with me is no end point. You are right, the endpoint to life is death so the healthy “lifestyle” cannot end if one wants to keep living a healthy life. As a long time maintainer, I have to eat the same way as I did with losing weight give or take 300 calories and occasional indulgences. The hardest part is getting BACKONTRACK as soon as you feel yourself slipping back into old habits. It’s a process! Thanks for the much needed inspiration and reminders of how this all really works! Awesome job with the weightloss and blog post!
  • diddlywiddly
    diddlywiddly Posts: 26 Member
    This was wonderful to read and very inspiring... I have the need to get out of my own way, too. For me what I have to stop doing is mindless coasting. I can be very motivated and put in lots of work, but if I'm not mindful of things daily or at least weekly I tend to slowly lose momentum and sometimes weeks, months, and years can pass. This is basically true of a lot of things in my life so I'm working on not letting that happen by setting myself up for success with better planning and regular self checkins.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    I absolutely adore you. Way to go.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Absolute amazing insight into what worked for you, wonderful job. Keeping trigger foods out my house.
  • karolinapr86
    karolinapr86 Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks for the post! I absolutely agree 😍

l stopped being miserable. That’s for sure.
  • tchnlrn1229
    tchnlrn1229 Posts: 21 Member
    I have to stop waiting to take photos until I look better. I'm afraid when I die there will be no photographic evidence that I lived because I've refused to be in photos for so many years! I also need to stop wishing for a quick fix. Wishful thinking does not help. Consistent behavioral choices and changing some habits does.
  • willboywonder
    willboywonder Posts: 132 Member
    Perfect. That’s great. I like your list of things. Those are a problem for many people. The two biggest things I stopped doing is: (1) I stopped drinking alcohol; and (2) I cut out junk food, which includes my worst enemies like potato chips, corn chips, tortilla chips, cake, pie, and crackers. Once I cut them out, I saw my weight quickly melt away. I haven’t consumed any of these things since 12/31/2020, seven months ago. That’s the magic for me.
  • mjs101102
    mjs101102 Posts: 7 Member
    TY for posting. I needed all of these reminders as I'm going through this now. It's hard to be patient. I've lost the weight before, but then gained it all back for a variety of reasons. It's hard to let the past go, have patience, and focus on one day at a time. TY again. <3 And congrats on your journey!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!