Advice needed !!!

Hi everyone hope you are all well. I’ve reached my goal weight today 🥳 but I’m worried I’m not going to able to maintain it can anyone recommend some ideas to help ??

Replies

• yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Congratulations on reaching your goal, I would continue to do what you did to reach goal. With the exception of adding a few more calories to maintain your current weight without losing or gaining weight, may have to play around with that number to figure out the right range for yourself and also plug it into myfitnesspal and see what calorie range they give you for maintenance. Continue to exercise if you already do, if not starting to exercise would be a new good goal and set other health related goals to help you stay healthy and at maintenance weight. Hope this helps, be well. :)<3
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    For success, I think personalization is really, really important.

There are quite a few threads here about how people manage maintenance successfully, and the methods vary all over the map. As a sample, here are a couple of recent-ish ones:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10838039/what-does-maintenance-look-like-to-you/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1422943/long-time-maintainers-how-do-you-do-it/p1

That latter one ranges from 2014 to 2021. Those are not the only threads of that general type. Perhaps they can give you some ideas to consider, when it comes to what might work for you?

It's common to be worried, at first, but possible to settle into a routine that is comfortable and flexible enough to reduce worry in the long term.

I do think that for someone like me, who was overweight/obese for multiple decades, maintaining a healthy weight is a lifelong matter for attention, not a process that stops when goal weight is achieved, or shortly after. How difficult that lifelong matter is, is going to vary based on how easy, natural and practical the new habits are, or aren't, for that one individual.

I'm saying this from the perspective of 5+ years in a healthy weight range, admittedly with some ups and downs, but all within that healthy range.

Wishing you success!
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Well done! As you will probably be aware, however, the scales are a fickle beast. You may find yourself up next time you weigh for no good reason, other than that your scales are mean kittens.

Otherwise I can't really add more to what AnnPT77 has said above.
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 487 Member
    Hi everyone hope you are all well. I’ve reached my goal weight today 🥳 but I’m worried I’m not going to able to maintain it can anyone recommend some ideas to help ??

First congratulations! My advice is to keep tracking your food and gradually increase the calories you are eating and see how your weight goes. And don't stop exercising!

• titchy_michelle
    titchy_michelle Posts: 51 Member
    mjglantz wrote: »

First congratulations! My advice is to keep tracking your food and gradually increase the calories you are eating and see how your weight goes. And don't stop exercising!

I’m struggling with my exercises at the minute I’m going up and down all of the time it’s so frustrating
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 487 Member
    mjglantz wrote: »

I’m struggling with my exercises at the minute I’m going up and down all of the time it’s so frustrating

What is the struggle? doing too much, too little? Are you getting a rest day at least once/week? If you can afford it, you might want to schedule a couple of sessions with a personal trainer. Also completely unscientific, but your body is probably adjusting and you'll settle in at a comfortable weight.