What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Spaghetti with Olives in a simple Italian Tomato Sauce.

69q7r6hx4f74.jpeg
  • IllustriousBee
    IllustriousBee Posts: 70 Member
    BLT salad with grilled chicken and avocado.
    67v8vpm6gljz.jpeg
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited August 2021
    @mytyglotz - the recipe I use is the one from here without the filling.

https://www.myrelationshipwithfood.com/spinach-crepe-smoked-salmon-avocado/

It’s very easy and very low calorie. Basically they’re sort of very thin omelettes I guess - you just blend raw eggs with spinach and seasoning, let it sit so the bubbles die down, then cook in a small non stick sauté pan. I managed to get 16 crepes out of 4 eggs this batch. They come in at around 36 cals per ‘crepe’. They freeze well so I’ve popped the rest in the freezer for future meals. They don’t taste ‘eggy’ and despite the fact they’re not a traditional flour, milk and egg crepe they’re pretty damn convincing when rolled round a stuffing and heated through!

@BarbaraHelen2013 Thank you SO, so very much!!!!
    I am sorry I did not see your prompt reply sooner than now.
    Thank you for your kindness in sharing.
    May I ask how you freeze the "crepes"? I am sorry to pester you more.
    I genuinely appreciate you!!
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    edited August 2021
    sxdmbp0a5dcm.jpg
    Thai peanut sauce, ground turkey, lemon juice, crushed peanuts
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Wow... Lots of nice looking meals on here.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Romaine boats: pork roast, carrots, cilantro, avocado, lime juice & black sesame seeds. Side of mashed sweet potato. The pork roast was baked on low heat with soy sauce, Hoisin, ginger, sesame oil, vermouth, onions and garlic. I was pleased at how tender it ended up.

I often find sweet potatoes too sweet so try to make them more savory. Here I added minced onions and mashed with some five spice powder and a bit of olive oil. They weren't too sweet and had a hint of clove flavor. I also sprinkled Korean gochugaru on everything.

zjxavre0sgum.jpeg
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Romaine boats: pork roast, carrots, cilantro, avocado, lime juice & black sesame seeds. Side of mashed sweet potato. The pork roast was baked on low heat with soy sauce, Hoisin, ginger, sesame oil, vermouth, onions and garlic. I was pleased at how tender it ended up.

I often find sweet potatoes too sweet so try to make them more savory. Here I added minced onions and mashed with some five spice powder and a bit of olive oil. They weren't too sweet and had a hint of clove flavor. I also sprinkled Korean gochugaru on everything.

zjxavre0sgum.jpeg

@LazyBlondeChef - I really have to try these romaine boats!!
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    edited August 2021
    mytyglotz wrote: »
    @mytyglotz - the recipe I use is the one from here without the filling.

https://www.myrelationshipwithfood.com/spinach-crepe-smoked-salmon-avocado/

It’s very easy and very low calorie. Basically they’re sort of very thin omelettes I guess - you just blend raw eggs with spinach and seasoning, let it sit so the bubbles die down, then cook in a small non stick sauté pan. I managed to get 16 crepes out of 4 eggs this batch. They come in at around 36 cals per ‘crepe’. They freeze well so I’ve popped the rest in the freezer for future meals. They don’t taste ‘eggy’ and despite the fact they’re not a traditional flour, milk and egg crepe they’re pretty damn convincing when rolled round a stuffing and heated through!

@BarbaraHelen2013 Thank you SO, so very much!!!!
    I am sorry I did not see your prompt reply sooner than now.
    Thank you for your kindness in sharing.
    May I ask how you freeze the "crepes"? I am sorry to pester you more.
    I genuinely appreciate you!!

@mytyglotz - to freeze the crepes I just popped each 4 crepe serving into a small freezer bag, then the three small bags into a larger freezer bag, sealed, labelled and laid it flat in the freezer. Each serving will defrost just fine in a few minutes, since they’re so thin and will separate easily.

If you wanted to be able to freeze them all together and be able to separate them whilst still frozen, to allow for variable portions, you’d need to interleave the stack of crepes with parchment or baking paper before popping in a bag or box to freeze. Pretty sure that’s the recommended way but I’m just lazy and prefer not to waste the paper when I know my method works for me! 😂

Hope that helps!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    yivuhxhyhiuw.jpeg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Hubby cooked tonight. Dutch zuukool stampot (=potato mashed with sauerkraut) and poached smoked sausage.
    n9h4bfa9ke80.jpeg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    Sweet Potato & Aduki Bean Bake. Actually put this together yesterday but wasn’t hungry and didn’t think it was going to be good so didn’t bother eating it. Ended up using it today - much more tasty than I’d thought it would be! Lots of fresh ginger in there which made it for me! Served with Runner Beans & Cabbage.

hq64jnpqyb3z.jpeg
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Sweet Potato & Aduki Bean Bake. Actually put this together yesterday but wasn’t hungry and didn’t think it was going to be good so didn’t bother eating it. Ended up using it today - much more tasty than I’d thought it would be! Lots of fresh ginger in there which made it for me! Served with Runner Beans & Cabbage.

hq64jnpqyb3z.jpeg

Really? I'd totally think this would have tasted super yummy! Glad you ended up eating it!
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Grilled prime steak, salad of romaine, spring mix, olives, tomato and avocado dressed with Primal Kitchen Caesar Dressing (made w/avocado oil). This is a rather thin version of Caesar but the flavor works with this type of salad.

0blujc98cwcq.jpeg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

hq64jnpqyb3z.jpeg

Really? I'd totally think this would have tasted super yummy! Glad you ended up eating it!

I totally agree, when I picked the recipe to try I figured it would be nice! It was during the process of making it that I started to have doubts. I was quartering the recipe and it seemed like very few ingredients that I felt would add enough flavour and balance. I guess I underestimated the power of the quarter teaspoon of miso the recipe was calling for.

Just goes to show that even with all my years of cooking experience I can still be surprised and learn something! 😂