Looking for friends (ladies only)

Replies

• vottav21
    vottav21 Posts: 84 Member
    So I went on a big drive yesterday to IKEA & listened to this book . I had done a free creative retreat ebook from Amy Tangerine about 5 years ago & really liked it . I got this audiobook out of the library & I highly recommend it . It really makes you not feel guilty about any craft you might do . I hear she has a lot of podcasts too . bcbb5w3kjwan.png
  • slimpicknjan
    slimpicknjan Posts: 11 Member
    Hi, I'm back after about 18 month break. I had lost 53 lb and thanks to Covid and homeschooling my 4 littles, I gained almost all of it back. I started IF 16:8 a week ago and would really enjoy some friends who are on the same boat.
  • LiliRose2707
    LiliRose2707 Posts: 39 Member
    Hi, I’m looking for friends also, I need lot of support. I’m new here, I just start working out 7 days a week up to 20 min 3 times a day, now it been 2 times a day 20 min workout for 40 min a day. I still have migraine after 3 weeks of workout and eating less and drinking less soda, I’m also not loosing any weight. When will I start loosing weight and feel better? Any respond will be appreciate and support also I really need it to keep going on.:)
  • Gold6767
    Gold6767 Posts: 145 Member
    My app has been having a hissy fit (I get alerts but when I click on them it just takes me to my diary) so if I don't respond I'm not trying to ignore anyone just technologically inept lol. Work has been extremely busy lately and I have a long weekend coming up so I'm trying to get a lot done in advanced. Workouts have been good, current favorite workout anthem: Woman Up - Meghan Trainor. Hope everyone is having a good week, feel free to add me, I'm kinda scattered much of the time but overall delightfully weird if you ask those who know me
  • Gold6767
    Hi, I’m looking for friends also, I need lot of support. I’m new here, I just start working out 7 days a week up to 20 min 3 times a day, now it been 2 times a day 20 min workout for 40 min a day. I still have migraine after 3 weeks of workout and eating less and drinking less soda, I’m also not loosing any weight. When will I start loosing weight and feel better? Any respond will be appreciate and support also I really need it to keep going on.:)

I feel your pain on the migraine train, it sucks. Everyone is different but I really do notice when I'm healthier overall I have less frequent migraines with less severe symptoms. Don't be too hard on yourself you are doing great!
  • Shelby2happy
    Shelby2happy Posts: 20 Member
    Hi all. Please feel free to add me.
  • LiliRose2707
    LiliRose2707 Posts: 39 Member
    How you add friends?
  • vottav21
    @MaeesaAHHH & all . Thank you for all the great posts . I love the activity we find here on this groups page . I’ve actually cut my groups to just this one & one were I post my stats . I love a group that actually posts & supports each other ! This is a great one !
  • vottav21
    More weather alerts for flash flood watches today . I’m so proud another night of not getting up in the night and snacking ! I don’t know when I started that awful habit ( I’ll just blame lockdown ! Why not ! ) but I need to break it to lose my Covid 15 !
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    vottav21 wrote: »
    More weather alerts for flash flood watches today . I’m so proud another night of not getting up in the night and snacking ! I don’t know when I started that awful habit ( I’ll just blame lockdown ! Why not ! ) but I need to break it to lose my Covid 15 !

Omg, I hear you. I NEVER used to snack at night and it’s become an addiction almost. At bedtime it’s a FIGHT to stop the urges to eat while I’m curled up in bed watching TV. I’ve tried mints, brushing my teeth, herbal tea - drives me insane that I can’t seem to break the habit. My weight loss is definitely impeded by this bad habit I’ve gotten myself into.
    I’m gonna work hard to make this day one of no night time snacking!!
  • JaneGSN2
    JaneGSN2 Posts: 124 Member
    I sent a message to MaeesaAHHH but then though some of the other of you might be interested.

A group of us have moved to MFP as Sparkpeople (where we were) is closing down this month.

We have a challenge group that is teams of 20 (give or take) that help motivate each other to do the tasks that help us lose weight.
    Our larger group is over 200 people but the teams are smaller so a great way to connect with people and get to know them.

The teams have different "flavors" so you can find one you like.
    Some do fun challenges (bingo, amazing race) that encourage eating healthy and exercises. Some let you set your goals for the week.
    Some do a lot of chatting others do less.
    So you can find one that fits for you.
    We do have men join, but we are female dominate (only about 5-7 men in the larger group of 250 for any round).

Check us out at: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140750-the-blc-biggest-loser-challenge-registration-team

We are between official 12 week rounds (one starts end of the month so you can sign up now) but you can also join one of the challenges done during the break/interim (between the 12 week rounds). Check the announcements to find those 2 challenges.

We welcome anyone who wants to work on weight loss/maintenance.

Jane
  • wingedcatgirl
    wingedcatgirl Posts: 10 Member
    *swooces in* hello yes accountability friends are nice to have feel free to add me c:
  • Gold6767
    How you add friends?

Click on a members' name, it takes you to their profile and there's a green button to Add Friend
  • christinanaomi84
    christinanaomi84 Posts: 26 Member
    Looking for friends on this app too..ladies only.. I'm 36 ...and reinventing myself completely... Whatever your journey is... I will support you...and if you need me to help hold you accountable I can do that too..
  • vottav21
    @Gold6767 is that on the app or the website ? I don’t see that button on the app . Am I the only person who finds adding kind of hard ? I’m almost always in the app mode . I love @MaeesaAHHH ’s group ( although it’s a struggle every time I have to type that ! ) . Let’s keep this wonderful lively community going ! “ ladies only “ I thought that was so cute when I read that & if I had a cook like your husband M I’d for sure want to say ladies only ! LOL I hope that didn’t offend anyone . Ps you can tell him his “ perfectly charred chicken leg “ from your beach dinner photo is now my standard for how grilled chicken should look ! He has raised my grilling bar !
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    Hi there,
    I am rejoining after two months - vacation and a 5 lb gain - which is not budging without calorie counting. So, back at it...the never ending cycle!
  • vottav21
    @forestfreek i just got into bed , used the Carmex nasty tasty lip balm & I'm hoping a nasty taste = NO night snacks for me ! Will advise in the morning ! Good night all
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Good Morning Ladies ! Wishing you all a successful day. I feel my yesterday was successful. I changed my eating plan for 5 days. Of course I was looking for some weight change today. I'm so freaking impatient. But hey, I ate healthy food, I ate according to my plan, and now I just have to continue and give it all some time. I think that's one of the hardest parts in losing weight. Your mind wants changes NOW. But your body does what it does in its own time.
  • vottav21
    Good Morning from pouring flash flood Providence .I’ll have to check in with y’all later because this morning is packed with moving crap . Box trucks & fighting with beau . Sheer Bliss so far ! Not - even my tea this morning is tasting off . Oh wait it’s the Carmex ! LOL ! But lips still very Dewey ❤️