The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• SLuv0710
    SLuv0710 Posts: 26 Member
    qqwwjab0g2vn.jpg

Hello! Almost 50 here. Never thought I'd be living my best days at 48! Feel free to add me!

Wow! Great results! What a great post! I'm having trouble sticking to my plan...but I got a habit tracker and will start there. Thanks for sharing.
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    g3hmawzgmnfz.jpg

Hello from Greece!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,242 Member
    g3hmawzgmnfz.jpg

Hello from Greece!

Enjoy the sun!
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,165 Member
    g3hmawzgmnfz.jpg

Hello from Greece!

Lucky you. Enjoy Greece.
    I'll raise you beach pic from the Maritimes next week 🤣😂
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Just checking in. Love seeing the beach pictures. Maybe the Oregon coast for me before winter. 🤞😎
  • hhjs2021
    hhjs2021 Posts: 14 Member
    drmwc wrote: »
    hhjs2021 wrote: »
    work_again wrote: »
    hhjs2021 wrote: »
    I decided to start MFP 4 weeks ago when I turned 39, I've always been overweight and have decided I'd like to not be when I reach 40. I've got to 10% of my goal but feels like a very long way to go

You can do this! I started for the same reason. I wanted to do a pull up before I turned 40. It worked! 10% is a great start!!

Oh that's fab to hear thanks and congrats! My husband has built a climbing frame with rings for himself and the kids - I can't believe how hard pull-ups are!

My avatar is me on the climbing frame in my garden (en route to a campus up the board with no feet involved). I can now do at least 20 pull-ups in a single set - at the start of my MFP journey (in February 2019), I struggled to do just one.

I just saw this! We went to Ninja Warrior for the second time this week visiting family (I watched!), apparently I'm joining in with the kids next year, so I better get training!
  • TracyAG2020
    TracyAG2020 Posts: 12 Member
    Hey from Scotland, always happy to make new friends, how's everyone doing?
    I'm 42, and have at least 50lbs to lose.
    Let's motivate each other 😊
  • hhjs2021
    hhjs2021 Posts: 14 Member
    edited August 2021
    nxrv6ptubki2.jpg
    Just checking in. Love seeing the beach pictures. Maybe the Oregon coast for me before winter. 🤞😎

Hello from the (the original) Plymouth..also love a beach picture!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,126 Member

If you'll be on the Central Oregon coast, I have a ticket to the aquarium for you. If you're looking for some good hikes, I know a few.
  • willo78
    willo78 Posts: 25 Member
    Hi All,

I feel I should change my username to yoyo or perhaps light switch - been a member on/off/on/off for the better part of a decade, more off than on!

I need to shift some timber and sort myself out fitness wise for so many reasons. I've got 50lbs to lose to get into the "suggested weight for height" bracket or alternatively if anyone knows how I can grow a foot that too would put me right 😂

42 yrs old and in England. Member of the gym/pool as of Friday - been swimming and done a short spin class so far but got to say I'm not a fan of spinning at all so not sure I'll do many more of them - aqua hiit classes are booked as is a gym induction.

Quite happy for people to add me as a friend, even happier to be harrassed for my logging to be completed daily too!

Just finding my way round the community so looking forward to "meeting" you all 😊
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    @willo78 - hi there! I feel you about the light switch thing (LOL) but I feel this time I’m really doing it! It was more a mental shift than anything that makes this time different.
    But anyway, just wanted to say that I love your sense of humour about it all and am sending you a FR😊
  • Strongish
    Strongish Posts: 1 Member
    Add please!
  • mwgibler
    mwgibler Posts: 154 Member
    edited August 2021
    Oook weird question. Anyone know of a website that people can share their progress pictures? I’m not talking about the picture that you really like that somebody took of you, but the raw and real gross bathroom mirror selfie. I know MFP has strict rules against this type of picture. The atta boys really help keep me motivated.
    😂 quick edit: I’m not talking fully nude pictures, more like underwear pictures.
  • forestfreek
    @mwgibler - couldn’t you post those on any social media site (if they aren’t nudes 😂)?
    Or are you specifically looking for a weight loss site for that?
    If all else fails, you can send them to me, k?😂😂😂
  • mwgibler
    edited August 2021
    @mwgibler - couldn’t you post those on any social media site (if they aren’t nudes 😂)?
    Or are you specifically looking for a weight loss site for that?
    If all else fails, you can send them to me, k?😂😂😂

😂 this is actually the closest thing I have to social media, that’s why I was looking for a weight loss site.
  • forestfreek
    @mwgibler - I’m not sure of the exact rules for posting pics in various stages of undress but wouldn’t a bathing suit pic be acceptable? Men’s bathing suits look basically like shorts so surely that can’t be against the rules.
    However, if you’re looking to post pics in a thong, well - I’m thinking MFP may have an issue with that 😂
  • mwgibler
    @mwgibler - I’m not sure of the exact rules for posting pics in various stages of undress but wouldn’t a bathing suit pic be acceptable? Men’s bathing suits look basically like shorts so surely that can’t be against the rules.
    However, if you’re looking to post pics in a thong, well - I’m thinking MFP may have an issue with that 😂

A thong! I just threw up in my mouth a little 😂
  • forestfreek
    😂
  • raymanb
    raymanb Posts: 1 Member
    49 year old man wanting to lose 65 - 80 lbs. I started my Keto journey on July 17. Today (August 8) was a rough day for me and for the first time I felt like cheating a lot. Good news is that it is now end of day and I have not cheated (But I had to distract myself with a car ride). I will say with MFP I have begun to be very careful with what I eat and how much I walk. While I do not think I will run a marathon anytime soon I am hoping one day to achieve a feat of 25,000 steps in one day.