100 DAYS OF WEIGHTING IN #9

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited August 2021
    @cpanus - I'm glad that nothing is broken!!! Knees are so easy to mess up and it takes time to recover. Tripping, slipping, missing a step ... falls are not good. Maybe for now you can just focus on isometric chair exercises and/or hand weights (lots of YouTube videos) ... or your trainer might have cool fresh new ideas that will give you a break from serious walking.
    Take care!
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,641 Member
    Oops. On my last past I meant to say that many of us were aiming to lose a pound per week with a 500 daily deficit. Not a pound a month! However, I must admit that I have been willing to take any loss at all!
  • deepwoodslady
    ...................................................................th?id=OIP.uvNy3GpFYzV1vvaql57p_wHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=367&h=207..........................................................

100 Days of Weighing In ^^^^^ July 14 through Oct 21, 2021
    My Name is Donna, Age 61. I am 5’5” tall & I live in Northern Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 159-154

145320379.png

“We will encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” ~Maya Angelou

Ending Weight Last Round (start weight this round): 195.2 lbs

Day 01 – 07/14 …..196.0….. Ouch! Starting a bit higher than I’d hoped for. No proper TMI since last weigh-in. However, I know the peanut butter filled pretzels with those big chunks of rock salt on them didn’t help. I know I am retaining fluids. No proper pee either. Sorry so graphic but all of that does make a difference. Today I am taking my son and his friend for a short trip out of town for the Dairy Queen. I will keep my meal small and try to get in some extra steps later today. Water….water….water…. So nice to see some newbies to the challenge! Welcome! Good luck everyone. I’m on your side and offer 100% support!
    Day 02 – 07/15 …..196.8….. Regular hamburger and blizzard at the DQ. Looked up calories later and found the medium pecan turtle blizzard is 900 calories!!!! Yes you read that right! 900. After seeing that, I kept the rest of the evening and night very low cal. I ate less than I burned for the day so I’m disappointed to see a gain. No TMI x 2 is probably contributing. I will be drinking cleanse tea today in the hopes of emptying. I will also stay accountable. The ups & downs of it all are frustrating when you are still trying to enjoy life. This is exactly why I wanted to firmly get into the 197’s before I felt confident being in Onederland. I can ride the waves of the journey and still be below 200. I will have a good day today. My head is on straight and my thinking cap is on.
    Day 03 – 07/16 …..195.6….. Shed water all night so the whoosh is no surprise. I knew I was retaining water from a few days of a few bad choices. I put more thought into my meal planning yesterday although my steps were only at 9000+. Maybe today I can get in more steps. Workers will be here again today. Starting new projects while waiting for the drywall finisher.
    Day 04 – 07/17 …..195.4….. I would like to get to the 192’s in the coming couple of weeks. That would put me about ½ way to the 180’s. It is much slower when watching calories instead of just carbs, but I am hoping the weight loss will be more lasting.
    Day 05 - 07/18 …..194.8….. I had a great but scary day yesterday. Great that I stuck to plan and got in a bit of a hike. Scary that I finally decided to log my food for the first time since before covid. Thanks to all of you who chimed in to help me figure out my new macros and goals. I may have to play with it a bit but I feel good about facing my weaknesses right now and looking at them square in the face which is how logging my food feels right now to me. I know my choices in foods are not always the greatest. That is the scary part. Do I really want to see it in writing again? I’m ready for this step. It helped me lose a lot of weight before and I know it will again. It’s a commitment and those can be hard for me. I felt ready yesterday and am still feeling good today.
    Day 06 – 07/19 …..194.0….. Very low calorie yesterday. Even lower than what I ended up on my logging. Due to my workers coming late and staying so late, I ate way later than usual (11:00 PM). I prelogged so that I could close out for the day but I didn’t end up fitting in my evening snack. My very late dinner had filled me up. Today should be back up to goal. I saw a nice drop on the scale this morning and on my body fat %, but it may be temporary due to yesterdays low calorie. My BMI is still at 32.5. I have a long way to go before getting out of obese and into overweight. I am still aiming for 192 point anything as that will make me so much closer to the new decade. I need to plan my meals for today so I can stay on track. I’m starving already! I scrubbed down the outside of the house yesterday with the help of a neighbor teenager. I didn’t log it as exercise but my burn was very good yesterday because of that.
    Day 07 – 07/20 …..194.4….. I don’t get it. I had a day with calories left over in the green. My meals were not sodium filled so there should not have been water retention. TMI yesterday evening was so-so. But it was there. Just as we have been talking about in our conversations, the numbers don’t always make sense for many of us. I guess I will have to be patient and ride it out. It’s a helluva journey but we are all worth it, right?
    Day 08 – 07/21 …..193.4….. Finally those low calorie days showed up on the scale! Thank you @dawnbgethealthy for reminding me that it could take a few days to arrive! I did up my calories yesterday by eating a higher calorie dinner I may not have chosen otherwise, just to fit in some calories (or they would have been way too low again). I did not over eat. I just chose something with a higher count. I did yard work yesterday. I also stacked quite a bit of wood and did some raking. However, I did not close all my circles and my calorie burn was lower so I will work on getting in a walk or a small hike today. I’ve got to take advantage of this weather and stay active!
    Day 09 – 07/22 …..194.2….. Dammit! I got really hungry last night because dinner earlier just didn’t satisfy. I ended up eating extra “diet” snacks. I was in the red by 199 calories. 0.8 heavier today which is concerning because I am having a long travel day today which will mean restaurants and sitting. I dread tomorrow’s weigh-in! On the good side – my trend weight is still going down. Staying grateful!

Day 10 – 07/23 …..196.4….. It’s all showing up now. The mini binge Wed night and the travel and horrid choices at the restaurants on Thur. I deserve this unfortunately. Today I will have a low calorie day on purpose and I will try to up my exercise by taking small walks throughout the day (while workers work on reno). I won’t allow this to stick!
    Day 11 – 07/24 …..196.6….. A normal fluctuation due to no TMI x2. Yesterday didn’t end up being the extra low calorie I had planned. A worker and I ended up out of town for something specific. About an hour each way to drive, I bought him dinner out for his extra time and effort. I kept the meal reasonable and had been fasting most of the day so the hit on the scale was not bad. Today I will try again for the low cal but it is pouring the rain today so likely there will no no outside activity.
    Day 12 – 07/25 …..194.8….. I was finally able to go extra low calorie yesterday. 1004 calories and felt satisfied because of my good choices. Extra veggies. Only 48 oz of water (besides my black coffee) for the day. Only 12 minutes of walking up and down my steep driveway (couldn’t get away). But I did my best to stay the course. Only 4 hours of sleep last night. None of that helps but my efforts (no matter how small) payed off on the scale. I am excited for today. My very best childhood friend is here in Michigan for a visit from Tennessee. I am meeting her halfway downstate this afternoon for a quick visit and lunch. She had to come back home to Mich for a memorial service of a relative. Another restaurant meal today. Oh the ups and downs of it all! However, I will make up for it and will try to get extra movement in tonight or tomorrow. I’m excited to see her! #enjoyinglifetoday.
    Day 13 – 07/26 …..194.8….. So happy to see the scale didn’t go up after yesterday’s special lunch with Audrey. I hope it doesn’t show up tomorrow! My weight is still trending down and so is my fat % but is still higher than my actual scale weight. It has not caught up with the recent weight loss yet since my birthday in May. It moves slowly both ways and I like that since it doesn’t reflect those small fluctuations that correct theirselves. I am hoping the rest of July will keep me at home with no travel. I do so much better.
    Day 14 – 07/27 …..193.4….. A nice whoosh. Good day yesterday all around although dinner was late. Scared Sh**less last night. A damn bat was flying over my bed under the ceiling fan! I got it out of my room, opened the attached garage doors and then locked myself and Pebbles back into my room. I have no idea if it is still in here. I’ve looked this morning and see nothing on any of the floors but where would it be during the day if it is still in here? Help!!! Advice?
    Day 15 – 07/28 …..193.2….. I am going out of town today afterall. I think I am going to buy a new car today. Actually a used car from a dealership that I’ve dealt with in the past. It is very clean and very nice and exactly the vehicle that I now have (only a lot newer). This little champ gets me through the hard winters, snow and ice like a champ so I am getting another one for sure, and hopefully that is today. I will take my son with me and get him out to a nice dinner. I already know where he will want to go and while I can watch my portions, I know what I order will be filled with sodium. I will push water the next few days and solve that issue. One day and one meal does not a girl make. Are you listening @Lilylady3k ??? LOL We will be fine!
    Day 16 – 07/29 …..194.4….. Expected after the travel yesterday. I will have leftovers today for dinner so I’m not sure how that will affect the scale tomorrow for the weigh-in. I will, otherwise, IF 16/8 today, push water, and watch my nighttime snacks I signed on the newer used car at the dealership yesterday. I asked them to add remote start, change the grill in the front because I found a small crack in it although it’s never been in an accident (grocery cart?). They are also going to deliver it to me when all is done. That is great considering it is almost 100 miles away each way. Spoil me already! No bat detected last night before sleep…….

Day 17 - 07/30 …..194.2….. I had a great day yesterday. Calories and carbs within plan. I got in some extra calorie burn. However, no TMI day 2, very low water intake and no sleep for days now because of the bat situation. I suppose a 0.2 loss is better than nothing! I am planning another good day today. I’ll try to watch the sodium today as that has been through the roof!
    Day 18 – 07/31 …..192.4….. A new low for me since before Covid. After 4 days of travel this past week, I didn’t expect this. However, on the days I was at home I really stuck to plan. Yesterday was a so-so day as I seemed hungier than usual. That often happens after higher calorie days. However, I stuck to plan and ate at the upper half of my range to avoid temptations. Very little movement yesterday but I did fit in a short walk as it was getting dark. Lots of water shedding last night interrupted my sleep. It was so bad that between 4:00 am and 5:00 am I actually got up 6 times to pee. So I think that explains the loss on the scale. The sodium and water retention should be all gone now! No TMI day 3 for me. All these fluctuations in how my body is working really makes a difference. I’m hoping to add some extra fiber today and make a good difference in the coming days. Even with the interruptions, I slept a little over 6 hours and that is a lot for me. I think that was key to my loss this morning too. My well is being worked on today. I pray they can fix the horrific and very rusty leaks without breaking anything. Going without water would be horrible! Fingers crossed for me everybody!

Weight Loss in July……………….. 3.8 lbs lost (partial month)
    Total Accumulated Weight Loss…..3.8 lbs

Day 19 – 08/01 …..191.4….. Didn’t have much time to eat yesterday and dinner was very late (within 1 hour of bed). No water here since yesterday morning due to well problems. Seal was fixed (???) but no one can get the pump primed. Perhaps the check gauge went out when it was turned off? IDK but this is horrible!

Day 20 – 08/02 …..189.6….. Thrilled with this number but I must be honest and say that I could be slightly dehydrated. Due to the well problems and no water since Saturday morning, I have had to be a bit stingy with my water usage and intake. This may go back up when the well pump is fixed. Plumber is going to try to get out here this evening. If not, then tomorrow. Ugh!!! In any case, yesterday was a good day overall in the journey. I ate at the top of my calorie allowance due to peanut butter on a plain bagel. After counting carbs for the past few years with no mind to calories, I was S.H.O.C.K.E.D at what the calorie content was when I later logged it. 500 calories for a plain bagel with 3 measured TBSP of Jif creamy peanutbutter! Never will those 2 things go together again and in my mouth at the same time! I was trying to up my protein as my logging shows I have been consistently under in the protein department. I also added yogurt nearly everyday to help boost it. I need to do more. Anyway, I was happy to see a new decade on the scale but I will not trust it until I get to 187 point anything.
    Day 21 – 08/03 …..190.4….. So, I was starving yesterday after a couple of days of weight loss. My body wants it’s fat back! I caved in and ate cheese pizza (no crust). 700 calories worth. However, I stayed within all my goals. I guzzled water with it as the well man got the well flowing again. I always gain after pizza and guzzling water with it sunk me for sure. However, I made my other meals small and healthy to make up for it. 1275 calories in / 2528 calories out. 13,091 total steps. 5.5 total miles, 7 floors, 44 minutes of planned and documented extra exercise, I slept 4 hours 33 minutes last night and my trend weight went down 0.4. My fat percentage according to my scale and verified by trendweight went down 0.1. I am going to work toward getting into the 180’s now that I briefly touched them. My doctor’s appointment is on Thursday (blood glucose and overall checkup). My doctor would be thrilled to see that. I am still happy to report that I haven’t had a severe glucose drop in awhile.
    Day 22 – 08/04 …..191.6….. Decided on an impromptu trip out of town with my son to get him out of the house and to shop for DGD’s 1st birthday in August. Steps inaccurate on tracker because when pushing the cart without arm movement, it doesn’t actually count the steps and I shopped for many hours in many stores and a strip mall. Quiltingjaine recommends putting tracker on ankle during shopping times but mine doesn’t fit around my ankle. I guess that means my legs are still way too thick lol! In any case, my meal was moderate (brought half home for lunch today) but was still way over plan. Arrived home at 10:15 pm due to travel time also. Staying on point today. Doctor appointment tomorrow.
    Day 23 – 08/05 …..191.2….. I was hoping to drop down a little more than this overnight but I can’t get my water intake in as I am conserving what I can. The well went out again yesterday morning. I waited all day for the guy to show up to fix it and he finally texted at 7:30 pm he wasn’t coming afterall. Doctors today and my body is in need of a deep cleaning first! I’m going to hit up the part-time neighbor for shower for me and my son as we are both going to the doctors. I feel like I’m in a nightmare!
    Day 24 – 08/06 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 25 – 08/07 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 26 – 08/08 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 27 – 08/09 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 28 – 08/10 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 29 – 08/11 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 30 – 08/12 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 31 – 08/13 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 32 – 08/14 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 33 – 08/15 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 34 – 08/16 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 35 – 08/17 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 36 – 08/18 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 37 – 08/19 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 38 – 08/20 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 39 – 08/21 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 40 – 08/22 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 41 – 08/23 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 42 – 08/24 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 43 – 08/25 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 44 – 08/26 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 45 – 08/27 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 46 – 08/28 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 47 – 08/29 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 48 – 08/30 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 49 – 08/31 …..xxxxx…..

Weight Loss in August……………….. xxxxx
    Total Accumulated Weight Loss…..xxxxx

Day 50 – 09/01 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 51 – 09/02 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 52 – 09/03 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 53 – 09/04 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 54 – 09/05 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 55 – 09/06 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 56 – 09/07 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 57 – 09/08 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 58 – 09/09 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 59 – 09/10 …..xxxxx……
    Day 60 – 09/11 .….xxxxx……
    Day 61 – 09/12 …..xxxxx……
    Day 62 – 09/13 …..xxxxx……
    Day 63 – 09/14 …..xxxxx……
    Day 64 – 09/15 …..xxxxx……
    Day 65 – 09/16 …..xxxxx……
    Day 66 – 09/17 …..xxxxx……
    Day 67 – 09/18 …..xxxxx……
    Day 68 – 09/19 …..xxxxx……
    Day 69 – 09/20 …..xxxxx……
    Day 70 – 09/21 …..xxxxx……
    Day 71 – 09/22 …..xxxxx……
    Day 72 – 09/23 …..xxxxx……
    Day 73 – 09/24 …..xxxxx……
    Day 74 – 09/25 …..xxxxx……
    Day 75 – 09/26 …..xxxxx……
    Day 76 – 09/27 …..xxxxx……
    Day 77 – 09/28 …..xxxxx……
    Day 78 - 09/29 …..xxxxx…..
    Day 79 – 09/30 …..xxxxx……

Weight Loss in September……………….. xxxxx

Day 80 – 10/01 …..xxxxx……
    Day 81 – 10/02 …..xxxxx……
    Day 82 – 10/03 …..xxxxx……
    Day 83 – 10/04 …..xxxxx……
    Day 84 – 10/05 …..xxxxx……
    Day 85 – 10/06 …..xxxxx……
    Day 86 – 10/07 …..xxxxx……
    Day 87 – 10/08 …..xxxxx……
    Day 88 – 10/09 …..xxxxx……
    Day 89 – 10/10 …..xxxxx……
    Day 90 – 10/11 …..xxxxx
    Day 91 – 10/12 …..xxxxx……
    Day 92 – 10/13 …..xxxxx……
    Day 93 – 10/14 …..xxxxx……
    Day 94 – 10/15 …..xxxxx……
    Day 95 – 10/16 …..xxxxx……
    Day 96 – 10/17 …..xxxxx……
    Day 97 – 10/18 …..xxxxx……
    Day 98 – 10/19 …..xxxxx……
    Day 99[/color=darkturquoise – 10/20 ……xxxxx……
    Day100[/color=darkturquoise – 10/21 (Final Weigh-In)……xxxxx……

Weight Loss in October……………….. xxxxx

Challenge Starting Weight: 195.2
    Challenge Goal: 180.2 (15 pounds. A hefty goal but what is wrong with reaching for the stars????)
    Challenge Ending Weight: xxxxx
    Total Weight Loss for Challenge: xxxxx
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,514 Member
    edited August 2021
    @dawnbgethealthy and @Lilylady3k

I don't mean to sound stupid but perhaps I am. All I can see on Dawn's chart is the calorie level she wants to burn (which appears to be 1200 that she put in herself). MFP added the exercise calories you used that day to the number (in case you wanted to eat them back). Nowhere do I actually see the total calories out. Only the total calories in where we have imput our food.

Where is the part that shows us our Total calories out? I know that page shows the total exercise calories burned but not the Total calorie burn. That is what would truly be needed for CICO picture I think...???...

Someone help! I'm not getting it. Sorry. Could this be my brain fog at work LOL?

I have stayed in the green with my goals and remaining calories so I know that is good, even if I've looking at it cockeyed LOL.

I highlighted it in yellow, the calories out. They are determined by what you put in your exercise tracker (gardening walking, fitness marshall etc). That was a very active day. Here is the image again, the yellow highlight is what MFP shows that I burned:

9h7wmgl5k0sq.png
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Thanks @Miyoka_Tata :)
    I am Dawn. 60, 5'2
    Began MFP Oct 28.18 at 191 pounds
    UGW 110-115

This is my 7th round on this thread: Round 1 loss 3.7, Round 2 loss 2.7, Round 3 loss 8.9, Round 4 loss 4.0
    Round 5 loss 4.6. Round 6 - gain of 0.08
    24.8 pound loss over 601 days.
    I always reach for a 10 pound loss each 100 even though that hasn't happened.
    I keep track of calories left over at the end of each day, in the Green on the MFP tracker. My aim is 500+ average calories in the Green each day (deficit) - this would lead to a 5lb loss over 100 days.

Day 1 7/14:132.2 - Wish that I had weighed this yesterday instead of 133.9 to end the previous 100! 312 in the Green
    Day 2 7/15: 132.2 - Usually my weight jumps around quite around a bit, nice to see that I didn't somehow gain. 489 in the Green
    Day 3 7/16: 133.1 - Had Beef Palak last night 803 in the Green
    Day 4 7/17: 132.9 - 390 in the Green

1st Week Goal Weight: 131.1 - Aimed for this all last 100, starting there
    1st Week Actual Weight: 132.9
    Calorie Deficit (Green on the Tracker): 1994. Divided by the 4 days is 798.5, very close to my goal of having a 500 calories deficit each day (3500 calories in a pound, so shooting to lose 1 pound per week)

Day 5: Sun, 7/18: 133.3 - owch. 616 in the Green
    Day 6: Mon, 7/19: 133.9 - I didn't do anything to gain. I will keep plugging along though. I am working out of town today and have scheduled 2 visits with separate groups up there once I finish my work, and then another back here. Would have been nice to have a cushion since there will be drinks and snacks at all 3. 334 in the Green
    Day 7: Tues, 7/20: 132.8 - I have an evening shift today and a split shift tomorrow. I don't like eating so late, but I eat so many vegetables with my dinner that I don't eat before work so that I am not gassy lol. 906 in the Green
    Day 8: Wed, 7/21: 133.3 - Late dinner, as tonight will be because of my work schedule. I really do know that eating late is a killer to my weight loss, but it is what it is. 391 in the Green
    Day 9: Thurs, 7/22: 132.8 - Bouncing around as usual. Of course i would rather be bouncing around in the 120s, hopefully eventually! 917 in the Green
    Day 10: Fri, 7/23: 132.7 - Late dinner last night again due to work schedule. 313 in the Green
    Day 11: Sat, 7/24: 132.1 - Tonight will be late dinner again. 389 in the Green

2nd Week Goal Weight: 131.1 - Aimed for this all last 100, starting there
    2nd Week Actual Weight: 132.1
    Calorie Deficit (Green on the Tracker): 3866 - Average 552, so should have lost a pound and did.

Day 12 Sun 7/25: 132.4 - My work schedule is posted, I am working the day shifts until Friday, eating dinner earlier will be a benefit to my weight loss I believe. 970 in the Green
    Day 13 Mon 7/26: 132.4 - I got a bunch of yard work done yesterday (drop in the bucket) even though it is smoky around here. 1070 in the Green
    Day 14 Tues 7/27: 132.2 - Huge calorie burn yesterday, dance workout to warm up, HIIT with weights to follow, gardening/yard time before work and after work, plus the 300-400 that I usually burn at work running around. Back to start weight. 217 in the Green
    Day 15 Wed 7/28: 132.1 55 in the Green
    Day 16 Thurs 7/29: 134.8 - Ouch 595 in the Green
    Day 17 Fri 7/30: 134.8 - Not happy about this of course, but taking it in stride. Hopefully my 500 deficit that I aim for will average out over the week, I haven't had time for workouts because of being wrapped up trying to fix my car issues. Spent the entire day yesterday buying a new one, but still have to deal with the dead one in the retail parking lot. On evening shifts for the next couple of weeks, so eating times are a challenge for me. 325 in the Green
    Day 18 Sat 7/31: 133.8 - Down a pound since yesterday, carved out time to work out. My body will just have to get used to eating late after work. 866 in the Green

3rd Week Goal Weight: 131.1 - Aimed for this all last 100, starting there
    3rd Week Actual Weight: 133.8 - Gain of 1.4 this week, don't want this to get away from me.
    Calorie Deficit (Green on the Tracker): 4098

Day 19: Sun, 8/1: 132.9 - My internal clock is off working evening shifts, glad to see a tiny drop. Last week was kind of disastrous on the scale. I had planned an indulgent day after tonight's shift, we'll see. 243 in the Green
    Day 20: Mon, 8/2: 133.3 - We had a bit of drizzle last night, hoping that it will help with the fires 574 in the Green
    Day 21: Tues, 8/3: 133.3 - 738 in the Green
    Day 22: Wed, 8/4: 132.9 - Maybe my body is getting used to the evening shifts and late dinner. 374 in the Green
    Day 23: Thurs, 8/5: 132.8 - was planning some indulgence tonight after work, we'll see.
    Day 24: Fri, 8/6:
    Day 25: Sat, 8/7:

4th Week Goal Weight:
    4th Week Actual Weight:
    Calorie Deficit (Green on the Tracker): Always shooting for an average of 500 per day in the Green - I don't lose weight otherwise, that is just my body.

Challenge Starting Weight: 132.2
    Challenge Goal: 122.2
  • dawnbgethealthy
    @Lilylady3k

Woosh indeed! You are doing great!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    @deepwoodslady

Oh no about the well again!! Yikes. So sorry to hear that and hope that it gets fixed up quickly.

Best of luck at the doctor today.
  • nedw3
    nedw3 Posts: 379 Member
    Highest Weight 174.5
    Starting Weight: 161.8
    Goal Weight: 140

Day 1: 7/14:161.4
    Day 2: 7/15:161.0
    Day 3: 7/16:160.6
    Day 4: 7/17:160.6
    1st Week Goal Weight: 159
    1st Week Actual Weight:160.6

Day 5: 7/18: 161.0
    Day 6: 7/19: 161.0
    Day 7: 7/20: 161.0
    Day 8: 7/21: 159.8
    Day 9: 7/22:160.3
    Day 10: 7/23:160.5
    Day 11: 7/24: 160.2
    2nd Week Goal Weight: 159
    2ndWeek Actual Weight:160.2

Day 12 7/25:160.3
    Day 13 7/26: 160.4
    Day 14 7/27:DNW
    Day 15 7/28:DNW
    Day 16 7/29:DNW
    Day 17 7/30:160.6
    Day 18 7/31: 161.5
    3rd Week Goal Weight: 159
    3rd Week Actual Weight:161.5

Day 19 8/01: 160.4
    Another week/oppertunity to make it to that first goal.
    Day 20 8/02: 161.2
    Ate too much last night...
    Day 21 8/03: 160.4
    Apparently my body likes that .4. Been working 15 hr days straight through for a couple of weeks now so I have been slacking on the exercise lately, I need to just do it.
    Day 22 8/04:160.6

Day 23 8/05: 160.0
    Day 24 8/06:
    4th Week Goal Weight: 159
    4th Week Actual Weight:
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Fun that we are all discussing how to track stuff.
    I agree with @Lilylady3k
    Let MFP do the work, just log everything.
    Trying to factor in calories that all people's bodies naturally use to survive is kind of moot, we are all trying to lose weight here.
    Calories in tracked in MFP, calories burned tracked in MFP will show what you have left over (or not) each day.

Full disclosure, I do use a pedometre on my phone that show how many minutes etc. that I spend walking (lots now that I took a waitress job) and I enter that into the MFP exercise diary tracker.
  • Lilylady3k
    @dawnbgethealthy - You might need to change your daily activity level at work in MFP to something "on your feet"! But I bet you are getting many more steps and a pedometer is a great tool to help track activity .... especially since you hold down various jobs.
    How are the new wheels? What kind of car did you get? Did you ever get the other car out of the parking lot? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Shannonsto
    Shannonsto Posts: 450 Member
    Highest Weight 230.8 (2012)
    Starting Again 215.2 (1/1/21)

Round 8– (-13.8)
    Round 9 start 178.6

Day 1 7/14: 179.0, Trend 180.0
    Day 2 7/15: 178.0, Trend 179.7
    Day 3 7/16: 178.8, Trend 179.3
    Day 4 7/17: 178.2, Trend 179.0
    1st Week Goal Weight: 177.8, -0.8
    1st Week Actual Weight: 178.2, -0.4

Day 5 7/18: 179.0, Trend 178.7 🤨
    Day 6 7/19: 178.6, Trend 178.6
    Day 7 7/20: 177.4, Trend 178.4
    Day 8 7/21: 177.0, Trend 178.1
    Day 9 7/22: 178.0, Trend 178.1
    Day 10 7/23: 176.6, Trend 177.8
    Day 11 7/24: 177.0, Trend 177.7
    2nd Week Goal Weight: 176.6
    2ndWeek Actual Weight: 177.0 -1.2 week, -1.6 challenge)

Day 12 7/25: 178.8, Trend 177.6
    Day 13 7/26: 178.2, Trend 177.6
    Day 14 7/27: 176.4, Trend 177.4
    Day 15 7/28: 175.6, Trend 177.2
    Day 16 7/29: 177.0, Trend 177.1
    Day 17 7/30: 178.8, Trend 177.4
    Day 18 7/31: 180.0, Trend 177.8
    3rd Week Goal Weight: 175.4
    3rd Week Actual Weight: 180.0 😬

Day 19 8/1: 178.8, Trend 177.8
    Day 20 8/2: 178.4, Trend 177.9
    Day 21 8/3: 176.2, Trend 177.8 Finally ditching the water Weight!
    Day 22 8/4: 175.0, Trend 177.7
    Day 23 8/5: 174.8, Trend 177.4
    Day 24 8/6:
    Day 25 8/7:
    4th Week Goal Weight: 174.1
    4th Week Actual Weight: 174.8
  • anm586
    anm586 Posts: 80 Member
    Highest Weight: ~190 lbs (2019)
    Round #9 Start Weight: 178.3
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 125 lbs

June Loss: -3.2 lbs
    July Loss: -3.6 lbs
    Total Lost So Far: -6.8 lbs

Day 1: Wed, 7/14: 178.3
    Day 2: Thurs, 7/15: 178.6
    Day 3: Fri, 7/16: 179
    Day 4: Sat, 7/17: N/A (out all day P1)
    1st Week Goal Weight: 180
    1st Week Actual Weight: 178.6 (avg.)

Day 5: Sun, 7/18: N/A (out all day P2)
    Day 6: Mon, 7/19: 179.5
    Day 7: Tues, 7/20: 180.3
    Day 8: Wed, 7/21: 179.3
    Day 9: Thurs, 7/22: 179.3
    Day 10: Fri, 7/23: 179
    Day 11: Sat, 7/24: 180.6
    2nd Week Goal Weight: 179
    2ndWeek Actual Weight: 179.66 (avg.)

Day 12: Sun, 7/25: 180.6
    Day 13: Mon, 7/26: 180.2
    Day 14: Tues, 7/27: 180.0
    Day 15: Wed, 7/28: 180.2
    Day 16: Thurs, 7/29: 180.0
    Day 17: Fri, 7/30: 180.0
    Day 18: Sat, 7/31: 180.1
    3rd Week Goal Weight: 178
    3rd Week Actual Weight: 180.15 (avg.)

Day 19: Sun, 8/1: 179.2
    Day 20: Mon, 8/2: 180.8
    Day 21: Tues, 8/3 182.3
    Day 22: Wed, 8/4: 181.4
    Day 23: Thurs, 8/5: 181.3
    Day 24: Fri, 8/6:
    4th Week Goal Weight: 177
    4th Week Actual Weight:
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,447 Member
    100 Days of Weighing In - Round 9
    2021 Word: Peace

About Me
    Female, Age 34, 5'3", Proud Aussie
    Highest weight: 305.1 (August 14th, 2020)
    Current round start weight: 273.4

History & Goals
    2017: Weighed around 275 lbs, had a cancer scare and started IVF
    2018: Successful IVF on our third transfer, gave birth in December to a healthy baby boy
    2019: Returned to work, gained progressively, weighed around 300 lbs
    2020: Hit my highest ever weight of 305 lbs, decided I could not let this continue and rediscovered MFP. Lost about 15 lbs and finished the year at 293 lbs.
    2021: Ups and downs but slow and steady progress, lost another 20 lbs so far this year.

I have a goal ladder that helps me stay focused on teeny tiny little milestones.
    Current goal ladder rung: Chamber of Secrets Challenge Complete

Current Focus:
    1. Sleep (target: 7 hours per night)
    2. Calorie deficit (target: any)
    3. Exercise consistency (target: 20 mins per day)
    4. Screen-free before bed (target: 5 nights per week)
    5. Limit social media (target: sub-60 minutes per day)
    Day 1: Wed, 7/14: 273.4 - all focus goals complete for today!
    Day 2: Thurs, 7/15: 272.5 - all focus complete for today! Down 0.9 lbs, probably water weight as I was retaining last week and have dropped a lot in the last few days.
    Day 3: Fri, 7/16: 272.7 - didn't have a good day yesterday, overate and didn't exercise.
    Day 4: Sat, 7/17: 272.3 - another sub-par day with no exercise and overating! I refeed on the weekends, but not usually by this much. Need to refocus today.
    1st Week Goal Weight: 273.0
    1st Week Actual Weight: 272.3
    1st Week Weight Lost: 1.1 lbs
    Day 5: Sun, 7/18: 275.1 - ate pizza last night, the sodium has caused a blip of water weight. It will come back down!
    Day 6: Mon, 7/19: 274.3 - had a much better day, calorie-wise. Went for a nice walk to a nearby park with my son and my sister and played there for a while, and did some yoga in the evening which was a nice stretch. Water weight is coming back down, hope to see that continue.
    Day 7: Tues, 7/20: 273.2 - had another good day. Stayed in my calorie range and did a YouTube step class video which worked up a great sweat. Hoping to see the scale continue to move down as I drop that water weight I picked up last week!
    Day 8: Wed, 7/21: 272.7 - another good day, almost got the water weight gone. Stayed in my calorie range and played Beat Saber on my VR for 20 minutes before it was time to wind down for bed. I had planned to play for longer but my sister dropped by for a visit and didn't leave until 9:30pm! Took my toddler to his first Kinder Gym class and he loved it, so he will be able to go each week and I'll go to the gym while he's in class. I don't get to the gym much but it's right around the corner from the dance studio so it will work out well.
    Day 9: Thurs, 7/22: 272.5 - another good day, but don't think I'll hit my adjusted goal for this week. I was originally aiming for 272 but changed it after I finished Week 1 with such a low number. I hope I can hit that original goal, it's still a good target for me!
    Day 10: Fri, 7/23: 272.3 - another good day, everything on target for the day and back to where I finished Week 1.
    Day 11: Sat, 7/24: 272.9 - water retention :angry:
    2nd Week Goal Weight: 271.0
    2nd Week Actual Weight: 272.9
    2nd Week Weight Lost: +0.6 lbs
    Day 12: Sun, 7/25: 273.4
    Day 13: Mon, 7/26: 273.6 - retaining a lot of water. I had good deficits all week last week, so I know the scale will catch up eventually!
    Day 14: Tues, 7/27: 272.7 - still retaining water, but starting to see it drop off which is good. Had an ok day yesterday, with a good deficit.
    Day 15: Wed, 7/28: 272.9 - had a good day yesterday with a good deficit, went to the gym for a bit while my son was in his kinder gym class. Was disappointed to find they don't have kettlebells! Unless they're out in the back room, I didn't go out there.
    Day 16: Thurs, 7/29: 272.3 - wasn't the best of days but still finished with a deficit. Had planned to do a good workout in the evening so I'd eaten a bit more in the day, but ended up getting two bad nosebleeds in the evening so could only manage a short walk.
    Day 17: Fri, 7/30: 271.4 - didn't have a great day but again had a deficit. Good to see the water weight I was carrying is gone now and my consistent deficits are showing up on the scale!
    Day 18: Sat, 7/31: 272.3 - Falling into a funk again. Need to get back on track! Tomorrow is a new day, and a new month. We got this.
    3rd Week Goal Weight: 271.9
    3rd Week Actual Weight: 272.3
    3rd Week Weight Lost: 0.6 lbs

Day 19: Sun, 8/1: 270.5 - no idea what's caused this little whoosh today but I'm grateful for it. Start of a new month, lots to look forward to!
    Day 20: Mon, 8/2: 270.7 - glad to see the whoosh wasn't just a one-off!
    Day 21: Tues, 8/3 270.5 - making good choices this week and staying as active as I can manage with time constraints!
    Day 22: Wed, 8/4: 271.2 - not sure what has caused me to retain some water, maybe lack of sleep contributing. My rings are fitting a little tighter today so I know I'm retaining fluid!
    Day 23: Thurs, 8/5: 269.6 - Yessssss! Hard work and consistency pays off!!
    Day 24: Fri, 8/6: 270.7 - a little blip from too much sodium and fat. It will come back off.
    4th Week Goal Weight: 270.9
    4th Week Actual Weight: TBA
    Day 26: Sun, 8/8:
    Day 27: Mon, 8/9:
    Day 28: Tues, 8/10:
    Day 29: Wed, 8/11:
    Day 30: Thurs, 8/12:
    Day 31: Fri, 8/13:
    Day 32: Sat, 8/14:
    5th Week Goal Weight: 269.9
    5th Week Actual Weight: TBA

Day 33: Sun, 8/15:
    Day 34: Mon, 8/16:
    Day 35: Tues, 8/17:
    Day 36: Wed, 8/18:
    Day 37: Thurs, 8/19:
    Day 38: Fri, 8/20:
    Day 39: Sat, 8/21:
    6th Week Goal Weight: 268.9
    6th Week Actual Weight: TBA

Day 40: Sun, 8/22:
    Day 41: Mon, 8/23:
    Day 42: Tues, 8/24:
    Day 43: Wed, 8/25:
    Day 44: Thurs, 8/26:
    Day 45: Fri, 8/27:
    Day 46: Sat, 8/28:
    7th Week Goal Weight: 267.9
    7th Week Actual Weight: TBA

Day 47: Sun, 8/29:
    Day 48: Mon, 8/30:
    Day 49: Tues, 8/31:
    Day 50: Wed, 9/1:
    Day 51: Thurs, 9/2:
    Day 52: Fri, 9/3:
    Day 53: Sat, 9/4:
    8th Week Goal Weight: 266.9
    8th Week Actual Weight: TBA

Day 54: Sun, 9/5:
    Day 55: Mon, 9/6:
    Day 56: Tues, 9/7:
    Day 57: Wed, 9/8:
    Day 58: Thurs, 9/9:
    Day 59: Fri, 9/10:
    Day 60: Sat, 9/11:
    9th Week Goal Weight: 265.9
    9th Week Actual Weight: TBA

Day 61: Sun, 9/12:
    Day 62: Mon, 9/13:
    Day 63: Tues, 9/14:
    Day 64: Wed, 9/15:
    Day 65: Thurs, 9/16:
    Day 66: Fri, 9/17:
    Day 67: Sat, 9/18:
    10th Week Goal Weight: 264.9
    10th Week Actual Weight: TBA

Day 68: Sun, 9/19:
    Day 69: Mon, 9/20:
    Day 70: Tues, 9/21:
    Day 71: Wed, 9/22:
    Day 72: Thurs, 9/23:
    Day 73: Fri, 9/24:
    Day 74: Sat, 9/25:
    11th Week Goal Weight: 263.9
    11th Week Actual Weight: TBA

Day 75: Sun, 9/26:
    Day 76: Mon, 9/27:
    Day 77: Tues, 9/28:
    Day 78: Wed, 9/29:
    Day 79: Thurs, 9/30:
    Day 80: Fri, 10/1:
    Day 81: Sat, 10/2:
    12th Week Goal Weight: 262.9
    12th Week Actual Weight: TBA

Day 82: Sun, 10/3:
    Day 83: Mon, 10/4:
    Day 84: Tues, 10/5:
    Day 85: Wed, 10/6:
    Day 86: Thurs, 10/7:
    Day 87: Fri, 10/8:
    Day 88: Sat, 10/9:
    13th Week Goal Weight: 261.9
    13th Week Actual Weight: TBA

Day 89: Sun, 10/10:
    Day 90: Mon, 10/11:
    Day 91: Tues, 10/12:
    Day 92: Wed, 10/13:
    Day 93: Thurs, 10/14:
    Day 94: Fri, 10/15:
    Day 95: Sat, 10/16:
    14th Week Goal Weight: 260.9
    14th Week Actual Weight: TBA

Day 96: Sun, 10/17:
    Day 97: Mon, 10/18:
    Day 98: Tues, 10/19:
    Day 99: Wed, 10/20:
    Day 100: Thurs, 10/21:
    15th Week Goal Weight: 260.2
    15th Week Actual Weight: TBA

Challenge Starting Weight: 273.4
    Original Challenge Goal: 259.3
    Revised Challenge Goal: 260.2
    Challenge Ending Weight: TBA
    Total Weight Loss for Challenge: TBA
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,186 Member
    I'm in. I'm Chris. I live in northern California.

71 year old female...5'5" ...I used to be 5'7" but arthritis hit and I lost two inches, so now that two inches is squished around my waist like the billows of a big accordion... :D...Oh, well. I'll just keep working on it.

Female, Age 71, 5'5"

Highest Weight: 192.2
    Challenge Starting Weight: 145.6 (07/13)
    Challenge Goal: 135
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 130.0

Day 01 - 07/14 - 145.6 at 6:00 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    Day 02 - 07/15 - 146.2 at 8:00 a.m. ...3 1/2 hours de-cluttering our house
    Day 03 - 07/16 - 145.8 at 6:15 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    Day 04 - 07/17 - 148.6 at 7:00 a.m. ...6.11 miles in 115 mins
    1st Week Goal Weight - 143.6
    1st Week Actual Weight - nopey, nope!!

Day 05 - 07/18 - 148.2 at 7:00 a.m. ...3.09 miles in 61 mins
    Day 06 - 07/19 - 146.4 at 5:15 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    Day 07 - 07/20 - 147.6 at 6:00 a.m. ...3 hours kitchen de-cluttering
    Day 08 - 07/21 - 147.2 at 5:00 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    Day 09 - 07/22 - 147.5 at 5:45 a.m. ...5.75 miles in 102 mins and 3 hours kitchen de-cluttering
    Day 10 - 07/23 - 146.4 at 5:00 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    Day 11 - 07/24 - 146.2 at 7:15 a.m. ...6.38 miles in 116 mins
    2nd Week Goal Weight - 145.6
    2nd Week Actual Weight - 146.2

Day 12 – 07/25 - 146.8 at 7:00 a.m. ...5.31 miles in 91 mins
    Day 13 – 07/26 - 146.0 at 5:00 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    Day 14 – 07/27 - 145.2 at 5:30 a.m. ...3.34 miles in 61 mins
    Day 15 – 07/28 - 145.4 at 5:00 a.m. ...spent the morning at DMV for the third time. :s
    Day 16 – 07/29 - 148.0 at 5:00 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    Day 17 - 07/30 - 146.8 at 5:30 a.m. ...4.34 miles in 81 mins...tripped on the sidewalk this morning...knee is a mess. :'(
    Day 18 – 07/31 - 147.0 at 8:15 a.m. ...zero...hobbled around all day!!
    3rd Week Goal Weight - 145.6
    3rd Week Actual Weight - 147.0

Day 19 – 08/01 - 146.8 at 8:15 a.m.
    Day 20 – 08/02 - 149.2 at 5:00 a.m.
    Day 21 – 08/03 - 148.6 at 5:00 a.m. ...nothing broken but doc said no serious walking for two weeks.
    Day 22 – 08/04 - 147.2 at 5:00 a.m.
    Day 23 – 08/05 - 147.6 at 5:30 a.m.
    Day 24 – 08/06 -
    Day 25 – 08/07 -
    4th Week Goal Weight - 146.0
    4th Week Actual Weight -
  • deepwoodslady
    @deepwoodslady

Oh no about the well again!! Yikes. So sorry to hear that and hope that it gets fixed up quickly.

Best of luck at the doctor today.

@dawnbgethealthy
    He got the well going by 6:00 pm. However, he says the bearings in it doesn't sound good. It looks like the original pump to the house (built in 1971 so its 50 years old). They still make the brand but it is considered the cheap brand and many parts for my model number are no longer available if it has a parts break. So I've opted to have a new one put on. He will get it tomorrow and put it on Saturday. He is giving me an excellent price on the labor so the whole project should be under $1000.00 US. The pump itself will be around $500 and that is at his cost. It will be a better and stronger brand. Praying this all materializes and that current pump will last until Saturday! Thanks to the part-time next door neighbors I am clean now.

THRILLED with the doctor appointment. My last visit was sometime in May and she said I have lost 21 pounds since my last visit! And this current weigh-in was at 3:00 pm after breakfast and nearly a full pot of coffee! The very best part though is that my glucose A1C has went from 13.7 to 9.4. Of course, I still have a long way to go but yippie-tie-aye-yay! This is probably why I am having fewer glucose drops and incidences. She wants to see me again in one month and she expects more progress on my weight and on my blood glucose numbersso I am going to have to continue to work very hard. I passed this test with an A+ today so the "studying" was so so so so worth it! Better health is the first and foremost goal and I'm on my way to better and healthier days.

Now.....just to get that water problem fixed once and for all! No sign of the bat again either.

• jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Highest Weight 317
    Starting Again 312

Round 9 start 291

Day 1 7/14:293
    Day 2 7/15:291.4
    Day 3 7/16:291.2
    Day 4 7/17:292
    1st Week Goal Weight: 287
    1st Week Actual Weight: 289.2

Day 5 7/18:289.4
    Day 6 7/19:289.4
    Day 7 7/20:290.2
    Day 8 7/21:290.4
    Day 9 7/22:291.7
    Day 10 7/23:293
    Day 11 7/24:290.8
    2nd Week Goal Weight: 285
    2ndWeek Actual Weight: 290.8

Day 12 7/25:291.3
    Day 13 7/26:288
    Day 14 7/27:287.3
    Day 15 7/28:288
    Day 16 7/29:286.8
    Day 17 7/30:286.8
    Day 18 7/31:287.6
    3rd Week Goal Weight: 288
    3rd Week Actual Weight: 287.6

Day 19 8/1:287.4
    Day 20 8/2:287
    Day 21 8/3287.7
    Day 22 8/4:286.7
    Day 23 8/5:286.2
    Day 24 8/6:285
    Day 25 8/7:
    4th Week Goal Weight: 285
    4th Week Actual Weight:
  • Lilylady3k
    100 Days of Accountability 7/14-10/21
    I need to quit losing the same pounds over and over. If you are tired of starting over, STOP giving up.

Female, Age 60, 5’3”
    Challenge Starting Weight: 205 (7/13)
    Challenge Goal: <195

History & Goals
    Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in day out.
    Ultimate Lifetime Goal: Weigh Less Each Year Than the Last
    2019 SW: 245 BMI 43.4 (1/2/2019) Lost 15 lbs in 2019 then regained 5
    2020 SW: 235 BMI 41.6 (1/1/2020) Then back up to 241 before refocusing in Aug
    2021 SW: 212 BMI 37.6 (1/1/2021)
    UGW: 165 BMI 29.2 Overweight NOT Obese
    🎯 Mini Goals & Weight:
    * 50 lbs lost never to be found: 195
    * Obese stage 1 BMI 34.9: 197
    * Onederland: 199
    * Weigh less than DH: 206 (April 2021) ✔️:)

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150's

My goal for 2021 is to get into ONEderland and make it stick. Changing my life.
    Plans:
    🔹Find workout routine that works (walk, bike, planks, yoga, swim, take advantage of retirement to be more active); target walking 100 miles each month
    🔹Drink more water (target min 64-80 oz daily; start with 1 glass before coffee)
    🔹Journal Food Daily (tracking with MFP since 12/28/2018; basically skipped June-Dec 2019; recommit 1/1/2020; skipped out April-July 2020; recommit 8/6/2020)
    🔹Daily Vitamins (Dr’s orders; need to not ignore)
    🔹Drink less alcohol (3 AF days per week; ~12-16 AF days per month; limit 1-2 glasses per day)

Day 1: Wed, 7/14: 207.0 Walked .9 + 1.75 miles, swimming, 1565 cal, 68 net carbs, AF. Hiking in Brazos State Park & swimming to entertain my daughter-in-law’s 5 yr old niece that is visiting. Came too close to an alligator! Wow that is a strange & disappointing jump up on the scale this morning! Could sweet potato fries do that much damage at lunch?
    Day 2: Thurs, 7/15: 207.2 Walked 4.5 miles, bike 30 min, squats, hand weights, cal, net carbs, 1 Torchy’s Tini. Chili for lunch and Torchy’s for dinner. Walked the dog to my home owners’ assoc. local lap pool (heated during the winter) to see if my key card still works which was much further than I thought but a nice walk (better than jumping in the car!). It is still active so I guess I need to consider adding swimming laps to my routine. The dog & I were both exhausted walking in the heat but we beat the rain! Need to make a point to get out earlier in the morning.
    Day 3: Fri, 7/16: 207.4 WI at 4am. Walk 2 + 1.3 miles, weeding/gardening, 2187 cal, 141 net carbs, AF (Neon Zebra margarita mocktail). Pizza for lunch & quesadillas for dinner. Need to clean up my meal planning.
    Day 4: Sat, 7/17: 206.2 Walk 1 + 1.3 miles, 1892 cal, 95 net carbs, 3 glasses wine.

1st Week Goal Weight: 204.x Repeating goal until I hit it
    1st Week Actual Weight: 206.2
    Not even close. I was at 205 the day before the challenge started and it should have been easy peasy to make a 204.x goal. But on day 1 my weight skyrocketed. Finally got it going back down. Now to continue breaking through that 205 barrier.

Day 5: Sun, 7/18: 207.0 Walk 1.3 miles , 1511 cal, 83 net carbs, 4 glasses wine. Nice morning breakfast outside then farmers market with DD & her husband & dogs. A pretty lazy day but did throw out more stuff as I anticipate a possible move. Also sorted more of my kids’ medical, scouting and school records along with their birth, baptism, lifeguarding & other certificates to pass along to them. The idea of moving elsewhere away from the kids and all the community I’ve built up over the past 30 years in Houston is starting to stress me out. Drinking more, not paying attention to the meal planning, not sleeping well (dreams of what if) and in general riddled with anxiety.
    Day 6: Mon, 7/19: 205.9 Walked 3.2 miles, 1480 cal, 76 net carbs, 4 glasses wine. Good day. Kids came over to cook burgers for lunch and chat.
    Day 7: Tues, 7/20: 207.1 Walked 3.25 miles, gardened, 1509 cal, 122 net carbs, AF. Lunch & dinner with friends first Thai and then Mediterranean so I’m assuming that this is sodium or hidden calories since I was in the green 246 calories yesterday. Plan is to stay on track today and drink LOTS of water.
    Day 8: Wed, 7/21: 204.9 Walk 4.5 + 1.3 miles, bike 30 min, squats & hand weights, 1252 cal, 110 net carbs, AF. Big swoosh from yesterday which was an obvious sodium uptick. Now to keep this below 205 for the rest of the week!
    Day 9: Thurs, 7/22: 204.3 Walk 3 + 1.3 miles, garden, 1161 cal, 49 net carbs, AF. Tried Kombucha for the first time. Kevita sparkling Lemon Cayenne. Nice change of pace!
    Day 10: Fri, 7/23: 204.6 Walk 3.3 miles, garden, 1439 cal, 77 net carbs, 2 glasses of wine. Today I’m meeting an old friend to walk the paths on Buffalo Bayou downtown Houston, Cisterns tour, and picnic!
    Day 11: Sat, 7/24: 204.5 Walked 2 + 3.4 + .6 miles Buffalo Bayou, 1564 cal, 101 net carbs, 2 glasses of wine. Wonderful active day! Closed all my rings plus overlapped the rings on the Apple Watch. 19550 steps!

2nd Week Goal Weight: 204.x Repeating goal until I hit it
    2nd Week Actual Weight: 204.5
    Nailed it! 4 days in a row :)
    Day 12: Sun, 7/25: 205.0 Walk 3.2 + .6 miles, 1538 cal, 120 net carbs, AF. Grimaldi’s pizza … need I say more? Drinking water!
    Day 13: Mon, 7/26: 204.6 Walk 3.6 miles, bike 30 min, squats. plank & hand weights, 1649 cal, 64 net carbs, AF. Woke up too early and I was exhausted all day. Tried on every pant in my closet which was interesting. I’m pear shape size 18. I already threw out the size 20 & 22 pants. Put everything that was too small in another area to pull out when I’m 10 pounds lighter because though size 16 fits it doesn’t look great. I’m really apprehensive about this 1 hr Strong and Fit total body workout I signed up to take once per week. But I think it will be good for my bones & muscles as I age and hopefully it will help shape my legs, tummy and arms!
    Day 14: Tues, 7/27: 204.6 Walk 3.2 + .6 miles, 14200 steps, total body workout class 1 hr, 1552 cal, 103 net carbs, AF. Survived my first Strong & Fit class one-hour total body workout increases muscle strength and endurance by using light weights and high repetition. Lots of lunges, squats, planks and such with tons of arm movement. Sore this morning.
    Day 15: Wed, 7/28: 205.2 Walk 4.6 + 1.4 miles, bike 30 min, 2044 cal, 120 net carbs, 2 glasses wine. Almost 500 cal in snacks during the day then changed dinner plans and went to a favorite Italian restaurant. Undid all my great efforts exercising in the morning.
    Day 16: Thurs, 7/29: 205.0 Walk 2.3 miles, swim 400m, 2171 cal, 84 net carbs, 3 glasses wine. I’m really starting to feel all the muscles in my body adding the strength training Monday and then swimming Wednesday on top of my regular walking dog 100miles/month and bike 1x/wk.
    Day 17: Fri, 7/30: 205.6 @ fishing camp 🎣 Walk 2 miles, long 5+ hr car ride, 11602 cal, 127 net carbs, AF. Got up and walked at 6am yesterday since I knew I was taking my mom to the doctor before driving to the camp. It all makes for a very long day.
    Day 18: Sat, 7/31: 205.4 @ fishing camp 🎣 Walked 3.6 miles, power washed the dock, 1789 cal, 108 net carbs, 3 glasses wine. Took mom to the rehab center for her wrist and a lady behind us fell … took 3 people to get her up. Then neighbor at the camp fell hitting her head. She is 101 years old. Helped her until ambulance was able to make it out to our remote location. Then when her husband brought her back home he called again for me to help get her into bed. I did not sleep well. After seeing these 2 fall I REALLY want to lose weight. Being old, obese and not very mobile is not in my vision of my future. Ready to tackle August and lose more weight.

3rd Week Goal Weight: <204
    3rd Week Actual Weight: 205.4

Day 19: Sun, 8/1: 205.6 @ fishing camp 🎣 Walked 2.2 miles completing my 100 miles in July walking the dog! Gardening, fishing, 1435 cal, 86 net carbs, AF.
    Day 20: Mon, 8/2: 205.6 @ fishing camp 🎣 Walk .5 miles, fishing/casting for 3 hours and caught nothing, gardening digging up mom’s sago palm pups which is hard work, 1676 cal, 102 net carbs, 2 glasses wine. Not surprised … pizza for lunch & pasta for dinner. Fished in the morning and it was too hot to walk the dog in the afternoon. Headed back home today.
    Day 21: Tues, 8/3: 204.4 Walked 2.2 miles, long 5+ hr drive, cut and trashed large limb that fell out of neighbor’s tree into my yard while we were gone … plus cut the damage it made on my redbud tree, 1533cal, 81 net carbs, AF, tons of water. Behind on my walking toward 100 mile goal this week so I need to get walking.
    Day 22: Wed, 8/4: 202.8 Whoosh! Walked 3.1 + 2.2 miles, Bike 30min, 1552 cal, 71 net carbs, AF, guzzling water. Lightning when I got to the pool so delayed swimming laps until Thursday. Over 18000 steps today! All my rings closed and overlapped.
    Day 23: Thurs, 8/5: 202.5 Walked 3.4 + 1 miles, Strength class 1 hr, 1532 cal, 83 net carbs, AF. Over 15.5k steps. Took my DIL out for birthday lunch at Bistro Menil and went to the Menil Art Museum. It is Houston Restaurant Weeks all of August! LOTS of really nice places that have special menus.
    https://houstonrestaurantweeks.com/search/#menu-bistro-menil
    Day 24: Fri, 8/6:202.9 [/b] Walked 3 + 1 miles, swam laps 400m, 1682 cal, 83 net carbs, AF.
    🩺 Annual Physical & bloodwork today so fasting this morning.

4th Week Goal Weight: <204
    4th Week Actual Weight:
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Thanks @Miyoka_Tata :)
    I am Dawn. 60, 5'2
    Began MFP Oct 28.18 at 191 pounds
    UGW 110-115

This is my 7th round on this thread: Round 1 loss 3.7, Round 2 loss 2.7, Round 3 loss 8.9, Round 4 loss 4.0
    Round 5 loss 4.6. Round 6 - gain of 0.08
    24.8 pound loss over 601 days.
    I always reach for a 10 pound loss each 100 even though that hasn't happened.
    I keep track of calories left over at the end of each day, in the Green on the MFP tracker. My aim is 500+ average calories in the Green each day (deficit) - this would lead to a 5lb loss over 100 days.

Day 1 7/14:132.2 - Wish that I had weighed this yesterday instead of 133.9 to end the previous 100! 312 in the Green
    Day 2 7/15: 132.2 - Usually my weight jumps around quite around a bit, nice to see that I didn't somehow gain. 489 in the Green
    Day 3 7/16: 133.1 - Had Beef Palak last night 803 in the Green
    Day 4 7/17: 132.9 - 390 in the Green

1st Week Goal Weight: 131.1 - Aimed for this all last 100, starting there
    1st Week Actual Weight: 132.9
    Calorie Deficit (Green on the Tracker): 1994. Divided by the 4 days is 798.5, very close to my goal of having a 500 calories deficit each day (3500 calories in a pound, so shooting to lose 1 pound per week)

Day 5: Sun, 7/18: 133.3 - owch. 616 in the Green
    Day 6: Mon, 7/19: 133.9 - I didn't do anything to gain. I will keep plugging along though. I am working out of town today and have scheduled 2 visits with separate groups up there once I finish my work, and then another back here. Would have been nice to have a cushion since there will be drinks and snacks at all 3. 334 in the Green
    Day 7: Tues, 7/20: 132.8 - I have an evening shift today and a split shift tomorrow. I don't like eating so late, but I eat so many vegetables with my dinner that I don't eat before work so that I am not gassy lol. 906 in the Green
    Day 8: Wed, 7/21: 133.3 - Late dinner, as tonight will be because of my work schedule. I really do know that eating late is a killer to my weight loss, but it is what it is. 391 in the Green
    Day 9: Thurs, 7/22: 132.8 - Bouncing around as usual. Of course i would rather be bouncing around in the 120s, hopefully eventually! 917 in the Green
    Day 10: Fri, 7/23: 132.7 - Late dinner last night again due to work schedule. 313 in the Green
    Day 11: Sat, 7/24: 132.1 - Tonight will be late dinner again. 389 in the Green

2nd Week Goal Weight: 131.1 - Aimed for this all last 100, starting there
    2nd Week Actual Weight: 132.1
    Calorie Deficit (Green on the Tracker): 3866 - Average 552, so should have lost a pound and did.

Day 12 Sun 7/25: 132.4 - My work schedule is posted, I am working the day shifts until Friday, eating dinner earlier will be a benefit to my weight loss I believe. 970 in the Green
    Day 13 Mon 7/26: 132.4 - I got a bunch of yard work done yesterday (drop in the bucket) even though it is smoky around here. 1070 in the Green
    Day 14 Tues 7/27: 132.2 - Huge calorie burn yesterday, dance workout to warm up, HIIT with weights to follow, gardening/yard time before work and after work, plus the 300-400 that I usually burn at work running around. Back to start weight. 217 in the Green
    Day 15 Wed 7/28: 132.1 55 in the Green
    Day 16 Thurs 7/29: 134.8 - Ouch 595 in the Green
    Day 17 Fri 7/30: 134.8 - Not happy about this of course, but taking it in stride. Hopefully my 500 deficit that I aim for will average out over the week, I haven't had time for workouts because of being wrapped up trying to fix my car issues. Spent the entire day yesterday buying a new one, but still have to deal with the dead one in the retail parking lot. On evening shifts for the next couple of weeks, so eating times are a challenge for me. 325 in the Green
    Day 18 Sat 7/31: 133.8 - Down a pound since yesterday, carved out time to work out. My body will just have to get used to eating late after work. 866 in the Green

3rd Week Goal Weight: 131.1 - Aimed for this all last 100, starting there
    3rd Week Actual Weight: 133.8 - Gain of 1.4 this week, don't want this to get away from me.
    Calorie Deficit (Green on the Tracker): 4098

Day 19: Sun, 8/1: 132.9 - My internal clock is off working evening shifts, glad to see a tiny drop. Last week was kind of disastrous on the scale. I had planned an indulgent day after tonight's shift, we'll see. 243 in the Green
    Day 20: Mon, 8/2: 133.3 - We had a bit of drizzle last night, hoping that it will help with the fires 574 in the Green
    Day 21: Tues, 8/3: 133.3 - 738 in the Green
    Day 22: Wed, 8/4: 132.9 - Maybe my body is getting used to the evening shifts and late dinner. 374 in the Green
    Day 23: Thurs, 8/5: 132.8 - was planning some indulgence tonight after work, we'll see. 93 in the Green
    Day 24: Fri, 8/6: 134.2 - Had wings last night, but also only 3 hours of sleep and water before weighing at 4am. I'm sure tomorrow's number will be better. Day off today, so will get lots of workouts and yard work done, not another day off until next Thursday.

4th Week Goal Weight:
    4th Week Actual Weight:
    Calorie Deficit (Green on the Tracker): Always shooting for an average of 500 per day in the Green - I don't lose weight otherwise, that is just my body.

Challenge Starting Weight: 132.2
    Challenge Goal: 122.2
  • dawnbgethealthy
    @deepwoodslady

That is such great news about your upcoming well fix, and $1,000 sounds very reasonable!
    Also great that there is no sign of the bat!
    Great news about your doctor's visit.
    I am totally with you that this weight loss thing to get to an ideal weight is really about our health. You and I are 6 months apart in age, it matters more as we age I think?

Celebrating your great numbers from the doc, it is working : - )
  • Lilylady3k
    edited August 2021
    @deepwoodslady - CONGRATS on a better health checkup! 21 lbs is nothing to sneeze at. Looks like your A1c is moving in the right direction. And no scary glucose drops and incidences to report to her was a big WIN! What range is she targeting for your A1c?

My A1c got up to 5.6 in 2016 & 2017. The doctor gave me this chart and said lose weight and work on your health:
    <5.7 Normal
    5.7-6.4 Prediabetes
    >6.5 Diabetes
    <7 Common treatment target for people with diabetes
    I've since brought it down to 5.1-5.5 range but not yet been able to get it lower and away from the 5s which has been frustrating! You are inspiring me that if I get down into the 190s just maybe it will continue to drop.
    My 🩺 Annual Physical & bloodwork today

WATER is so important to our lives! Glad that you found someone that can replace your ancient pump and get you back to a stable situation.