Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,791 Member
    edited August 2021
    Let's pretend ...

If you were a bit younger :tongue: and had the time and money to train ...

What 3 Olympic events would you be interested in training for and participating in? :smiley:

Olympic Sport List: https://olympics.com/en/sports/

Me ... I think I'd go for these ...

1. 200 metre track
    2. Individual Time Trial (road cycling)
    3. Javelin

As it happens, I have raced the 200 metre and it was my favourite in high school. Later in life (early 30s) I was doing Time Trials and loved them. And I was also taught Javelin, and liked it, but never pursued it.

Machka in Oz
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,789 Member
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️Rori❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

RVRITA pg. 9
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,789 Member
    Pg.10 gotta go to work!

RvRita
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,491 Member
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all...

Tracey: I feel as if I've allowed the chronic pain and illness of the last couple of years to overwhelm my sense of who I am. It has become this separate presence in my life, looming over me, and darkening everything, predicting how much it's going to hurt if I do anything, participate in anything, start any action. I realized when I read what you said that I'm slowly becoming still and quiet (although occasionally whiny) when that's not actually who I am at all.

The only one who can change that is me...

Corey's lunch is ready, just need to make his go-cup of coffee and get him shooed out the door to work.

I think I'll start designing my youngest niece's quilt today. Maybe I can get hers done in less than three years!

:blush:

This is the direction I'm heading for hers, but of course, I'll redesign all the shelves. She's a bookworm, much like her auntie.
    iknsw6w0dn6f.png

I Love that quilt
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,342 Member
    Thanks, Pip! Right now the bookshelf quilt is still an idea, but this has a lot of what I want in it...
  • JustJenn68
    JustJenn68 Posts: 38 Member
    Today's mantra:

Just keep swimming.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,018 Member
    edited August 2021
    Three Olympic Sports?

1. Ice Dancing
    2. Equestrian Sports, dressage
    3. Sailing

Lisa: (((Hugs))) Fascinating quote

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,183 Member
    Slept for 80 minutes. :o:D

I think I will do a little gentle recumbent cycling before dinner. No back strain.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Machka - I am not a competitor, but I do like sailing and horseback riding. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to do either recently. :ohwell:

Lisa – The bookshelf quilt is wonderful! :star:

TerriRichards – Three Olympic Sports: I would enjoy equestrian sports cross county & dressage. I would also enjoy sailing. Ice dancing is lovely to watch but it is out of my skill & ability. :heart:

Yoga this morning! I am dressed and ready to go. I have been knitting a baby blanket for our unborn grandchild. I restarted several times and this time I’m happy with how well it is going. The baby isn’t due for several months, so I have plenty of time to get it done. :heart:

Katla in NW Oregon

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    I have every sympathy for the pain sufferers. Today I have a really stiff back, which is my usual reaction to stress. Plus pulling a wheely suitcase around for 30 minutes each way. :#
    If I had to live with that full time . . . . . :'(

heather I often get achy in shoulder or back when I have to lug or wheel a bag much.
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I could use a sleeping vacation! Just sleeping, lazing, strolling, reading the paper, and so on.

Why don't you do exactly that?

M in Oz

I feel like ill never want to stop lazing! Wow I hadn't heard about the boob-job effects of pfeizer. I'm sure that will motivate some. I've always been reasonably fine with my boob-size (not very big not very small - not an issue for me) I was 14. I didn't pay attention to if my boobs were got bigger, I have to say...maybe, it's conceivable...
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,791 Member
    I have every sympathy for the pain sufferers. Today I have a really stiff back, which is my usual reaction to stress. Plus pulling a wheely suitcase around for 30 minutes each way. :#
    If I had to live with that full time . . . . . :'(

heather I often get achy in shoulder or back when I have to lug or wheel a bag much.
    I could use a sleeping vacation! Just sleeping, lazing, strolling, reading the paper, and so on.

Why don't you do exactly that?

M in Oz

I feel like ill never want to stop lazing! Wow I hadn't heard about the boob-job effects of pfeizer. I'm sure that will motivate some. I've always been reasonably fine with my boob-size (not very big not very small - not an issue for me) I was 14. I didn't pay attention to if my boobs were got bigger, I have to say...maybe, it's conceivable...

It is temporary ... maybe 2-3 months.
  • bananasandoranges
    edited August 2021
    Let's pretend ...

If you were a bit younger :tongue: and had the time and money to train ...

What 3 Olympic events would you be interested in training for and participating in? :smiley:

Olympic Sport List: https://olympics.com/en/sports/

Me ... I think I'd go for these ...

1. 200 metre track
    2. Individual Time Trial (road cycling)
    3. Javelin

As it happens, I have raced the 200 metre and it was my favourite in high school. Later in life (early 30s) I was doing Time Trials and loved them. And I was also taught Javelin, and liked it, but never pursued it.

Machka in Oz

Hi I thought about that it my young days (but I didn't not have the skill nor the body for either). I was a big swimmer so I would pick a swimming thing or two. How about (1) 4 x100m relay, doing backstroke. (2) 3 meter springboard diving and (3) 1500 meter run.

I gave classes to a woman who came in 6th in olympics some years back. she said the French rarely win because they are not tall enough. (That was before Laure Manadou, who is half-French and half Dutch, and 5' 11"!) I am not lithe enough for winning a running race, so maybe diving would work. I was not flexible enough, but had I trained from 3, who knows! :D
  • bananasandoranges
    Oh lord the best laid plans
    So Taliah and I were supposed to leave at noon for New Hampshire just got a text from my daughter that son in law took her up to 6 flags and wont be back until 1,i dont want to hit traffic,i think that was just rude.. and they are supposed to be going away rhis weekebd too

Allie, that is rude! I remember a family trip like that and I got stuck in many hours of traffic to the cape thanks to my brother's imposed decision (long story). I was not happy! If you leave at 1pm on the dot or just barely after, it might not be SO bad to go to NH??? or else if you get stuck in miserable traffic you could pause for dinner out? otherwise, nice music, nice conversations..it's not always welcome but.i have had several nice very moments totally stuck in traffic with a friend, talking and listening to music or whatever...
  • bananasandoranges
    library was a bust today. I procrastinated and procrastinated. Then when I got there I couldn't keep my head up. I literally put my head down several times and could have slept.
    on the way home I bought some long sleeve and UV protecting garb, so that is good, and also some groceries.

At 1st I thought- I was wondering - can skin cancer be tiring too? or the anaesthesia or very slight pain, or energy required for healing (probably at least a hair for the latter 2).

but also I awoke before 4am, and I think I went to sleep none too early, possibly after midnight. so that would surely explain sleepiness too.

also I got a small fro-yo upon arriving, and since I am not always great at digesting dairy that could have made me tired too.

I made it home safely and now I'm writing half sleepily from bed, at...6PM!
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,778 Member
    It's Friday and I am so looking forward to the next 2 days off. Only thing I have planned is teaching Sunday school if any children show up.

Debbie- Thanks for the very wise words and really has me thinking. I am more than the pain and I can rise above it. I just have to stop making excuses and move more. I just feel tired from the inside out and have to figure out what to do about that.

Tracey--I pray this new treatment will have good results.

Well not a lot else going on around here. I really need to work on getting a positive outlook on life.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3