NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @cbabie So just take the time and answer the question. What would be doing in your ideal life? In the meantime, are you addicted to drama? Bland is good. Then you get to control how you spice it up. yes I'm still a child. Life is meant to be enjoyed. I'm glad you like your bands. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

@teresaw1020 Woohoo on the weight loss. Sorry about your back. Those are the worst.

@gemwolf110 Tell us one good choice you made today.

@trooworld So look at your diary- How much did you go over on points? When did you go over? Just snacks or meals too? Do you have a goal in mind for meals and snacks and try to stick to those or just keep adding across the day until you get close to the magic number for the day? I'm sure a whole lot of that gain is sodium. Do really well this week especially with your water and see how big that loss will be next week.

@shatszi Yes on laughter. What do you wish this app had that WW had? I wish it would create a shopping list after I preplan my meals.

223/238 Green
    30 min YouTube video
    25% water
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    @cbabie So just take the time and answer the question. What would be doing in your ideal life? In the meantime, are you addicted to drama? Bland is good. Then you get to control how you spice it up. yes I'm still a child. Life is meant to be enjoyed. I'm glad you like your bands. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

@teresaw1020 Woohoo on the weight loss. Sorry about your back. Those are the worst.

@gemwolf110 Tell us one good choice you made today.

@trooworld So look at your diary- How much did you go over on points? When did you go over? Just snacks or meals too? Do you have a goal in mind for meals and snacks and try to stick to those or just keep adding across the day until you get close to the magic number for the day? I'm sure a whole lot of that gain is sodium. Do really well this week especially with your water and see how big that loss will be next week.

@shatszi Yes on laughter. What do you wish this app had that WW had? I wish it would create a shopping list after I preplan my meals.

223/238 Green
    30 min YouTube video
    25% water

I cleaned out my garage with the help of my mom and step dad and picked up my ring that I had on consignment for 2 years and didn’t sell. Not heart broken it didn’t sell. Kinda glad it didn’t. I’m in a much better place overall than I was 2 years ago. Now just to get my eating back on track and tracking. And probably a good thing that I do. I tracked today’s food and well I could do better. And my scale was not my friend this morning.

Goal weight: 110
    Highest weight: 223.6
    Current weight: 220.6 😵‍💫
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @Shatszi This is for sure a great little spot on MFP. I love your use of emojis! <3 grin:

@cbabie Cleaning out closets is an exercise in my opinion! That recipe looks yummy! :)

@trooworld You already read on F2F what I think of that weight gain. Another bit of advice that I want you to do is take your measurements and take some before pics. Have your DH take the pics from all sides so you will have a reference. Do this once a month and watch how your body is going to change. I just took a new set and compared them to my original pictures and it's incredible to see the difference. It really helps me when the scale isn’t moving much to see how far I’ve come. ;)

Good morning! Yesterday, DH and I ran a bunch of errands and ended up at a restaurant called Hook & Reel that we have been wanting to try. I had the fried shrimp and sweet potato fries. I can’t say it was worth the extra calories and bump on the scale, but I did have a great day with my sweet hubby. My back feels great again, so I’m about to go in and do my workout and squat challenge. You all have a good day! :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,788 Member
    @cbabie That recipe looks good and easy. It sounds like you got exercise from cleaning? Unfortunately I am up again today: I had the salty leftovers for lunch and then for dinner, we got sushi lol. But I'm sure it will be down in a few days.

@Shatszi Yeah you will get used to the app, hopefully. I'm glad I don't have to have a root canal, too! That would have been $1,300 that I couldn't afford! How is your weekend going?

@theslightedgeforever I ate all of my weeklies and all of my Fitpoints and was -2 pts for the week. I know, I can't do that. You can't "have your cake and eat it too" lol. I went over almost every day by some. It wasn't one day. It was mostly snacks that were the problem. I don't have a points goal in mind every day, my meals are pre-decided on Wednesdays for the next week. I can "see" how many points the meals will be in my meal planner website. This week might not be that different: I'm already -2 for the week thanks to the following:
    BREAKFAST
    1 mini bear claw 6 pts
    Greek yogurt and berries 0 pts
    Premier protein shake with my coffee 0 pts
    BREAKFAST TOTAL: 6 pts

LUNCH
    Better than takeout sweet Thai basil chicken 13 pts
    Cauliflower rice 0 pts

DINNER
    7 pieces Philadelphia roll 11 pts
    7 pieces shrimp tempura roll 11 pts
    2 pieces salmon nigiri 2 pts
    DINNER TOTAL: 24 pts

SNACKS
    Vietnamese coffee 8 pts (My husband made me this and I drank it before I tracked it. Had I known it would be so high, I wouldn't have had it!)
    Smartfood Flamin' Hot White Cheddar Popcorn 5 pts
    3/4 c Silk unsweetened original cashewmilk mixed with Oregon Chai Tea Latte, Sugar-Free 1 pt
    2 pieces Reese's miniature zero sugar chocolate candy & peanut butter 3 pts
    3 oz gin 7 pts
    SNACK TOTAL: 24 pts

For reference, I only get 23 pts a day, I blew through that in snacks alone! My hands are swollen this morning from all the sodium. I have to start doing better. I do the same thing week after week.

@gemwolf110 Sorry your ring didn't sell but now you can wear it! Good job tracking your food.

@TeresaW1020 Good idea. Thank you! I'm sorry the food wasn't worth it, I hate that. I'm glad your back is better, that's a relief I'm sure!

Hello all. Today is boxing class. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to it today, I want to get some things done but after the class, I will not want to do anything. I want to do some meal prep to make my week easier but we'll see if I get that done.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • trooworld
    I forgot to say that my husband wants me to see a registered dietician. He thinks I am insulin resistant. He also thinks I should try intermittent fasting again, one meal a day. I told him I tried it for 2-3 months and I was constantly hungry, it never got better so no thanks. He's convinced I can do it. I am not.

• theslightedgeforever
    @gemwolf110 I was looking at your weight goal and it reminded me of a book I just finished. It was talking about lowest achievable goal vs lowest maintainable goal. What could be a sub-goal for now that you could write down that would be closer to your current weight? It's easier to think about running a 5K race versus a 10K race. I guess the ring not selling was kismet. It can now be a sign of how strong you are and what you have accomplished this past 2 years. You probably dodged a bullet as they say. I bet it feels good to go into your garage. I feel that way when I clean out my closet.

@teresaw1020 Good words of wisdom to trooworld. Plus I imagine that the muscles probably store water and that can add a bit of weight to the scale too. I'm glad your back feels better.

@trooworld Look at the menu and points that you posted to me objectively. Like it was my menu and you as my coach are going to help me cut some numbers to get to 23+5 weekly. What would you tell me to do? Now here's a sabotaging thought you had. "I do the same thing week after week" That's not true. I saw you losing weight while most of us were gaining during covid. So you can tell yourself that "I had a bad week "if that is what it was based on points and not on weight loss. "But I'm going to follow my plan and stick with my food points each day" You know pretracking and sticking to those plans is the key. How was boxing? I hope you punched out all your frustration. Tell your hubby, "You do you, I'll do me" :) It's not that long ago that you were successful and losing weight. Think back to what you were doing. Do that.

I saw Black Widow last night with the family. Not really my thing but dd loves her Marvel movies. So I went. I think first time in my life I went to a theater and didn't buy popcorn and mnms. Not even something to drink. I took a bag of blueberries, strawberries, and cheese squares. Plus I made sure I got in my exercise before I went. Cause I surely knew I would just come home and go to bed.

225/238 Green
    37 min walk
    25% water
  • gemwolf110
    @gemwolf110 I was looking at your weight goal and it reminded me of a book I just finished. It was talking about lowest achievable goal vs lowest maintainable goal. What could be a sub-goal for now that you could write down that would be closer to your current weight? It's easier to think about running a 5K race versus a 10K race. I guess the ring not selling was kismet. It can now be a sign of how strong you are and what you have accomplished this past 2 years. You probably dodged a bullet as they say. I bet it feels good to go into your garage. I feel that way when I clean out my closet.

@teresaw1020 Good words of wisdom to trooworld. Plus I imagine that the muscles probably store water and that can add a bit of weight to the scale too. I'm glad your back feels better.

@trooworld Look at the menu and points that you posted to me objectively. Like it was my menu and you as my coach are going to help me cut some numbers to get to 23+5 weekly. What would you tell me to do? Now here's a sabotaging thought you had. "I do the same thing week after week" That's not true. I saw you losing weight while most of us were gaining during covid. So you can tell yourself that "I had a bad week "if that is what it was based on points and not on weight loss. "But I'm going to follow my plan and stick with my food points each day" You know pretracking and sticking to those plans is the key. How was boxing? I hope you punched out all your frustration. Tell your hubby, "You do you, I'll do me" :) It's not that long ago that you were successful and losing weight. Think back to what you were doing. Do that.

I saw Black Widow last night with the family. Not really my thing but dd loves her Marvel movies. So I went. I think first time in my life I went to a theater and didn't buy popcorn and mnms. Not even something to drink. I took a bag of blueberries, strawberries, and cheese squares. Plus I made sure I got in my exercise before I went. Cause I surely knew I would just come home and go to bed.

225/238 Green
    37 min walk
    25% water

I definitely dodged a bullet. The more important ring did sell. This one was just to get some extra cash at the time. I’m wearing it now and so glad that it didn’t and I kept it. Small goals is probably a better idea. Want to be under 200 by new year’s which is more than doable.
  • Shatszi
    Shatszi Posts: 6 Member
    @trooworld - Wow 😳 $1300 is indeed a lot of money! So glad that everything worked out! Weekend is going well so far, thanks. Just can’t stand the humidity with the heat. Wishing you a wonderful rest of day!
    🙏🏻😊💝

@theslightedgeforever - that is a great feature! 😃 I wish that it would be easier to reply to each person’s message directly as we had in the WW app. So much simpler for this non tech savvy person! Lol 😊🦋❤️

@gemwolf110 - understand your disappointment. 😕 We all know the struggle of not moving on the scale. Still fighting. Good for you for tracking! 👍🏻😊💞

@TeresaW1020 - Yes, I must admit I do LOVE those colourful emojis! 😂☺️💝

Hope you all have a fantastic day and evening! 🦋🌹🥰
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld I know I already gave you the advice to track your macros, which I think are better than calories but since calories also count, have you tried double tracking for a while just to see where you are at? When I was doing WW, I did some double-tracking and was amazed at how the same 23 points could have up to a 400-calorie difference depending on the foods I ate. I would also suggest cutting out the snacking if possible. By eating too often you keep your insulin constantly raised and that makes it so much harder to burn the actual body fat you want to burn. I don’t agree with your husband, but I do think you might be insulin resistant and that you can fix it through your diet and exercise. Eating one meal a day never worked for me, but two works perfectly. You will figure out what to do because you are NOT a giver upper! <3

@theslightedgeforever Wow, good for you for taking your own snacks to the movies and not caving into the popcorn and candy! You are a woman on a mission! And yes, sore muscles do store water, which is why I don’t do the heavy lifting the day before my weigh-in. ;)

Hello! Not much going on today. I did an upper body workout and my squat challenge of 30 regular and 15 curtsy squats on each side. After church, I did my usual computer work and put together this week’s menu. I am going all in to try to get into the 170s by next Friday. I know I can do it. It’s just a matter of actually doing it! I printed out a picture of Savannah to remind me of our upcoming trip in October and how I want lots of pictures taken of me looking cute. So, I better get on it! :grin:
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever My post WAS full of sabotaging thoughts. It was one week, a blip on the scale. I would tell you to try again and not eat so many pointed snacks, to concentrate on zero-point snacks. Yes, pretracking and sticking to those plans is the key! Boxing was great but I didn't work quite as hard yesterday (not because of the gain, it's just I had to modify the hardest exercise). It was good though. Thanks for your support! That's great that you took your own snack to the movie theater. Great NSV!

@Shatszi Yes! Me too. :) I hate the humidity and the heat too, I live in Southern California and it isn't usually so humid but this year is different. A lot of humidity (probably not compared to some places though). You have a great day, too!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you, I tried doubletracking a long time ago but maybe it is time to do it again. I don't know if I can totally cut out the snacking because if I didn't bring any snacks to work then when I got hungry, I would just go to the vending machines/cafe, but I can definitely cut down on the snacking by eating zero points foods and not so many. No, I am not a giver upper. I will continue to work on this towards the finish line! Thanks for your support! <3 You are doing amazing with the squats challenge...your booty is going to look awesome! LOL You are getting there!

Hi all. Yesterday was better: I had 7 pts worth of snacks vs. 24 pts worth of snacks. At boxing class, we had an ab session at the end that was killer. Today, I am in the office. I work in the office now every Monday - Wednesday. I am bringing a piece of light string cheese and some cut-up mangos to snack on. That's the extent of my snacks. I made a substantial breakfast to bring with me all week: It's a hash made with chorizo, red peppers, and chickpeas instead of potatoes. It should be filling.

• trooworld
    Here's my food diary for today from MFP:
    zqya4sv9v6u6.png
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited August 2021
    @gemwolf110 That under 200 looks like a doable goal. So start shooting for that. I'm currently doing a 7% of my bodyweight goal.

@shatszi Yes, I remember how much I hated having to type out each person's name on here with the @ But now that I know their names, it's not hard for me anymore. I probably complained weeks about that at the beginning. Mine is probably the longest name so if you want, drop the @ and just type in slightedge cause I don't care if I get a notification or not. I never check those. I just come straight here.

@teresaw1020 Great motivator for your upcoming trip. At first I was thinking Savannah was your trainer on BeachBody. :D She must have had great arms and legs or something. lol Yaaay on your squats

@trooworld much more positive post. Although we all need to rant and vent at times. That's the beauty of this group. Your snacks sound good. Look at the beautiful pie chart. The sodium is extremely high so how could you lower it? I looked up chorizo. Sounds really good.

138/164 Yellow
    43 min walking
    50% water

I gained 1 lb this week. While I had stayed within my boundaries on the weekend, I went over calories on Saturday. Back to it.
  • gemwolf110
    Hi All! Happy Monday! Been tracking. Not a good staying within calories weekend. Had today off and met up with a friend of mine that I hadn’t seen in awhile. Plan was to walk and go to the beach. Instead we ate out for brunch and dinner. Whoops. Will do better tomorrow but it was a blast to catch up.

~ Missy
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Yes, we do lol. I don't know how I could lower my sodium besides putting less of it in my recipes, however, if I did that, I would just add it to my plate: I love salt! Chorizo is good. I used a Spanish-style chorizo in my breakfast, it is kind of a hard sausage, different than the Mexican chorizo. I admire that you are on vacation and still weighing in!

@gemwolf110 I'm glad you enjoyed your friend time.

Hello all. Yesterday was better, I stuck to what I pretracked except I didn't have the grapes and I did have 2 miniature Reese's zero sugar peanut butter cups. I will post my food diary for today tomorrow morning. There are these chocolate cookies in a container at work in the break room but they've been there since last week so I just keep thinking how stale they are.

• trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 I just finished reading the article you posted on insulin resistance. It was chocked full of good information. I don't think I really eat low-satiety nutrient-poor foods EXCEPT for sometimes when I snack. I don't snack on horrible things, but rather things but they are the least nutritious things in my food diary.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @gemwolf110 Yaaaay for tracking. Catching up with old friends is fun. I recently met up with one of mine.

@trooworld I'm a salt lover too but I'm focused on lowering my blood pressure. So therefore I'm focused on everyone else's sodium. :D A friend of mine had a stroke two years ago and she still can't talk like she used to nor walk. Plus she has lost the use of her right arm. I don't want to be that person cause I love salt. My body doesn't realize I'm on vacation. Just my mind. I'm tired of gaining the same 10 lbs on vacation to lose it the following year and then back to square one the next year. I want to get to goal. I don't want to be the last one climbing the hills when we are hiking. What a good way to think about those cookies in the container. You are right. Yaaay on sticking to your pretracked 95% of the time. I have mixed feelings on snacking. I've read the different literature and for every article you find that says don't snack, you can find one for snacks are good. Of course nutritional snacks are optimal but I also believe that life is to be enjoyed. Sex is not just for procreation. I believe the same thing about food. It's not just to fuel my body. If I go too long without food everyone around me suffers. My current choice of snacks is berries/cheese sticks and then once a day or so I give myself a little treat. I bought cream horns the other day and immediately cut them all in half and popped them into the freezer. I'm learning I just need a taste or two and not the whole thing to be satisfied. It's all in what I tell myself.

My and hubby went to the gym

100/100 Red
    57 min (treadmill, weights, stretching)
    50% water
  • TeresaW1020
    @gemwolf110 Good for you for tracking and good for you for having a great time with your friend! You will get back to where you need to be with your calories. :)

@Trooworld, Oh I do think that you eat very healthy and that you eat such a wide range of foods, which is great for getting in lots of needed nutrients. I’m glad you liked the article. That website of Marty Kendall’s is incredible. When I can understand what he is talking about, I always learn so much. :grin:

@theslightedgeforever It’s funny how I think of salt so differently now that I’m mostly low carb. It’s such an important electrolyte and if I don’t eat enough salt, I feel it. I buy Redmond Salt, which is so flavorful that I don’t need to use near as much as I did with the regular table salt I used to use. That is great that you and your hubby went to a gym. Do you both do your own thing or work out together? :)

Hello! Today has been a relaxing day around here. I decided to do a Barre Blend sample workout this morning to see if I want to do that program again. It was such a great burn and I’ve improved so much since I first did the program. So tomorrow I’m going to do the 8 weeks and I’m going to include the lifting portion of the program LIIFT4. That way I will still get to lift my heavyweights while working on leaning out my muscles with Barre. Today, I did 40 regular squats and 20 split squats on each leg. After just 10 days, I can squat lower than ever before. Just hoping the knees hold out. :grin: Food was good today and I hit my calorie and macro goals. B)
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Been going to work with the hubby (semi driver) so not many steps getting in lately. Eating is so so but I am Keeping up with the squat challenge. Back to the lake this Thursday to Monday.

Hope everyone is doing well
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Those are all very good reasons to limit salt. And a good reason to stick to your plan, so you don't lose and gain the same 10 lbs. and be the last one on the hike. I also don't want to be the last one on the hike, either. Those are healthy snacks, the berries, and the cheese stick. That was a good idea to cut up the cream horns and freeze them. Smart! Yay for the gym and an increase in water!

@TeresaW1020 I'll have to explore the rest of the website. I just read the article. Yeah, it did get a little "chewy" lol! Good luck with the Barre Blend program...it will be interesting to see how much you've improved since the last time you did it! Yay for a good day!

@renaegry That's good you are keeping up with the squat challenge. Have fun at the lake!

Hello all. I did pretty well until I left work early at 11:00 because I had a migraine. I came home, ate lunch and ate 2 sugar-free peanut butter cups. I then took a nap and then prepped veggies for dinner. Once my husband got home, he started dinner but it was taking too long so I got into the cinnamon graham crackers and ate too many of those. Because I was way over in my points and macros, and because I wasn't very hungry, I decided to just eat grapes for dinner. Here is my day from yesterday.

fgsekeo785xb.png
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 I don't think there will ever be a day where I don't get enough salt especially with me doing carb cycling. Doc wants me to be at 1800 gms but I keep it mostly in the 2300 gms. Occasionally going over. Hubby and I always do our own thing. I put in my headphones and it's just me in the gym by myself, the way I like it. I hope I've found a good time to go to the gym here (2:30 pm) No one was in it last time. So I didn't have to mask up. I'm going to try again today. Yaaay on hitting your calorie and macro goals.

@renaegry Yaaaay on continuing your squat challenge. Do you have a plan for the lake? Other than to drink lots of beer. :D

@trooworld Glad to see that you were eating the mini PB cups. I thought whole size. Good job on pulling back and eating some healthy grapes.

I did some end of the day eating which wasn't good.

222/164 Yellow
    Rest Day
    25% water