Replies

• JustAMurmur
    JustAMurmur Posts: 7,867 Member
    Oh yes...

HYE worn your pajamas to a drive thru?
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    I haven't...but I would 🙃

HYE had a birthday 'mile stone' and was depressed about it?
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,249 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    I haven't...but I would 🙃

HYE had a birthday 'mile stone' and was depressed about it?
    My 50th.

I wasn’t depressed about the decade.
    But it was absolutely the worst birthday ever.
    I had been going to a school two hours away from Podunk, trying to finish my BA. So mostly I stayed at the school to avoid the long commute.
    My husband was beginning to act more and more bizarrely (we now know it was early onset dementia) He started dating other women and not hiding it very well. And he had had a stroke six months before which made things especially complex because I had to keep an eye on his health.

Our son was living in Canada at the time and didn’t send a card or anything.

Anyhow, I made the effort to drive home hoping for at least a little family time. And I got to the door of my own house, my husband threw my mail at me and wouldn’t even let me in (turns out paranoia was an early dementia symptom for him)

I drove to a local beach and opened my mail, crying my eyes out. The one person who remembered was my older sister, who sent me a gold necklace with “Happy 50th!” engraved on it, that she had given our mom for HER birthday decades before.

And I cried and cried and cried. And drove back to school….

So. Anyhow….

HYE eaten a raw oyster right in the beach where you picked it up from the tide flat?
  • PAPYRUS3
    @Margaret - wowza...that sure was some birthday! I hope things have calmed down now for you...if it means anything to you - I spent my 50 birthday in the hospital and ended up having to live there for the next four months...good times

I've eat a raw oyster beach side...but was in a super nice restaurant.

HYE had a very unusual/unique job?
  • MargaretYakoda
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    @Margaret - wowza...that sure was some birthday! I hope things have calmed down now for you...if it means anything to you - I spent my 50 birthday in the hospital and ended up having to live there for the next four months...good times

I've eat a raw oyster beach side...but was in a super nice restaurant.

HYE had a very unusual/unique job?

Does running the lights for an extremely popular Elvis imitator count?
    🤣

HYE had a medlar? Like…. In anything. Jam. Compote. Candy. Anything.
    Or even seen a medlar tree?
  • PAPYRUS3
    No - I should try one

HYE fermented your own sauerkraut or kimchi, etc.,?
  • cugogirl2017
    cugogirl2017 Posts: 8,764 Member
    No, I've never done that.

HYE had a stray cat or dog that kept coming to your house and it became your pet?
  • MargaretYakoda
    I’ve lived in the country most of my life and have had cats dumped on our doorstep too often to count. Not strays, technically.
    There were witnesses to the most recent one. The poor cat was dumped out of a moving vehicle in front of our house. And didn’t make it across the road to us. But is now buried under one of our walnut trees with the rest of the furry family members.

Reason #67345128 why I hate people.

HYE had butternut squash pan roasted with crasins and rosemary infused olive oil?
    That’s what my partner made for dinner tonight and it was amazing!
  • cugogirl2017
    @MargaretYakoda you are kind to the animals that come your way, your recent story was so sad about the cat.

I have had pan roasted butternut squash but never with your recipe, sounds delicious will have to try it.

HYE been to Cape Cod?
  • MargaretYakoda
    @MargaretYakoda you are kind to the animals that come your way, your recent story was so sad about the cat.

I have had pan roasted butternut squash but never with your recipe, sounds delicious will have to try it.

HYE been to Cape Cod?

Yep. New England Born and Bred.
    But it’s been a while

HYE seen a whale up close in the wild?
  • cugogirl2017
    Yes, long ago when I lived in Boston. We were on a boat. I wouldn't say it was that close to us though.

HYE been to Disneyland?
  • MargaretYakoda
    Disneyland AND Disneyworld!
    Lucky me.

But only once each. No sense overdoing it.

HYE had a cat give birth on your bed?
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,357 Member
    No

HYE been to Iceland?
  • MargaretYakoda
    I wish!

HYE won a lawsuit?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Yes, but had a really bad lawyer and only got medical pmts

Have you ever been hurt by negligence?
  • MargaretYakoda
    Yup. I won’t say it’s why I am diabetic right now, but being directly called a hypochondriac to my face, refused a referral, told I was wasting every doctors time, then abruptly kicked out of the office by my neurologist (I have a benign brain tumor that has to be monitored) when I tried to report symptoms that turned out to be (likely) diabetic related right before COVID hit and shut everything down is why I can’t feel my toes now.

HYE needle felted anything?
  • cugogirl2017
    edited August 2021
    No, I had to look it up.

HYE painted a picture that is hanging up in your home?
  • MargaretYakoda
    Paintings. Ceramic sculptures. Needle felted stuff. Mixed media. Yup. And more.

HYE snuck a drink into Disneyland?
  • JustAMurmur
    JustAMurmur Posts: 7,867 Member
    Nope...never been.

HYE been to a Six Flags?
  • cugogirl2017
    No

HYE seen Robin's eggs in a nest?