Welcome New Members!

Replies

• Niteman3d
    Niteman3d Posts: 157 Member
    itsonlyme wrote: »
    Hi I’m new as far as using this app for meal plans for my hubby. He’s diabetic. We are counting carbs. Cannot find much about fresh picked cucumbers. Anyone else? Also have seen so many what has carbs and then I see the same same thing doesnt have crbs…..anyone else

Find one that matches the USDA database and use it or just enter a new food using the database info. You'll have to cut and paste the URL as it seems the message board link won't work... https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/
  • Niteman3d
    itsonlyme wrote: »
    Hi I’m new as far as using this app for meal plans for my hubby. He’s diabetic. We are counting carbs. Cannot find much about fresh picked cucumbers. Anyone else? Also have seen so many what has carbs and then I see the same same thing doesnt have crbs…..anyone else

Find one that matches the USDA database and use it or just enter a new food using the database info. You'll have to copy and paste the URL as it seems the message board link won't work... fdc.nal.usda.gov

I use the SR Legacy tab.
  • Niteman3d
    edited August 2021
    I left these posts up as I just discovered something that may be helpful. If you post and your post doesn't show up, check to see if #1... you hit "post reply" and not just "Preview". #2... is what I just figured out. All of these posts started a new page on the message board so you have to refresh and make sure you're on the *last* page to see your post. Really annoying till I figured out why I thought so many of my posts were disappearing. Operator error combined with a clunky message board.
  • dwmackey55
    dwmackey55 Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2021
    Hey guys, I lost my data on the last account so if you knew me hit me up please. Otherwise looking for new friends to hold me accountable and vice versa. This place is an awesome tool on the journey. Peace
  • jmmatthews99
    jmmatthews99 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello just found the forums section.
  • Karen_Edmonds
    Karen_Edmonds Posts: 1 Member
    I am new to this site. I came over from Sparkpeople and want to continue on with my healthy and fit lifestyle journey. I have learned it isn't a diet but new habits that help you along the way. I log in my food, water, and exercise daily. This has helped me lose the weight (167# to 122#). I am still trying to lose 14 pounds I gained during the Covid shutdown. I am never giving up!
  • rachel804allen
    rachel804allen Posts: 5 Member
    Alex wrote: »
    Hello and welcome to the MyFitnessPal Community!

We have an enormous community of MyFitnessPal members who you can connect with, get tips from, and share experiences. Many of our users have had impressive success and have a lot of experience and wisdom to share.

We'd love you to say hello and introduce yourself. You should also check out our member's amazing success stories.

Stop by our 2020 Welcome Noobs Discussion to meet other folks who are new to the community.

We care deeply about having a community that is a safe and supportive place for our members. Please help us out by reviewing our Community Guidelines.

Community Guidelines

Forum Resources: Hope to see you in our community!

Warm Regards,
    MyFitnessPal Team

• CrazyKT48
    CrazyKT48 Posts: 1 Member
    New here, looking forward to my health journey. Had serious medical issues last year and it has took over a year to get to this stage to wanting to improve myself mentally & physically. I am in Weigh to Go program and My Fitness Pal are best way forward for me :)
  • 1J48
    1J48 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi I've been on & off this app for a couple of years but I'm just new back, I hope to make new friends

I've had a few profiles myself :)
  • Maggiemay1022
    Maggiemay1022 Posts: 11 Member
    Re-newbie! Haven't been on for a while for personal reasons, but I'm Baaaaack! Trying to lose that same 'ole 10-15...
  • veggiepatch70
    veggiepatch70 Posts: 1 Member
    Re-newbie here! Finally feeling confident about my ability to lose weight and (I never thought I'd say this) but I actually LIKE keeping my food journal. I bought one in my favorite color that doesn't look like a food journal, and even though I've had a couple periods of time where I slipped off my wagon (if you're a teacher and you lived thru Covid teaching you know what I'm talking about) I've overall been pretty successful this time :smiley:
  • lecatescat
    lecatescat Posts: 475 Member
    New on here because SPARK is shutting down. Have surgery in October so working to be as healthy as I can before then.
  • satxteacher
    satxteacher Posts: 6 Member
    Hi everyone! I've been on this site before but have been using Sparkpeople for about ten years. About two months ago, I finally decided to get serious about my health mostly due to medical reasons. I've lost 31 pounds but have about 75 to go. It's a journey and I'm feeling better every day. Glad to be a part of this group. Good luck everyone and have a great day!
  • leahkaur88
    leahkaur88 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi I'm Leah, 33 from England.
    Tomorrow is Monday , the first day of my "healthy and happy new life" lifestyle plan I am committing to. Please add me as a friend if you are from uk and are also starting your weight loss journey.
  • Hi, I am doing my fitness pal again. I hope to stay with it this time.
  • Time2BHealthier
    Time2BHealthier Posts: 4 Member
    Just starting today. I’m nervous and excited. Was doing WW but the calories were so low that I decided to join MyFitnessPal. Plus everywhere you go is calories so it will make it easier to track.
  • Time2BHealthier
    Time2BHealthier Posts: 4 Member
    Welcome.
  • katarina161218
    katarina161218 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello, my name is Katarina and I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina. This is my first time using this app. I am almost 18 years old and I have never been thin, even as a child. Every day I face complaints about weight, the only person who is my support in everything is my boyfriend. I have been on many diets, but it did not work out. I would lose a few pounds and give up because I saw the diet as a punishment for the body even though I got into it myself. I think that this application provides a freer feeling and that is why I decided for this way of losing weight. In a few months, for the first time, I want to see a new self, thinner and stronger. That is my great wish.
    If you live in the Balkans and use this app, add me to support each other whatever goal they have. This is a difficult fight for an individual, each of us should support anyone who is struggling with physical appearance. Let's reduce complaints and "counseling" about weight, because we all have a mirror.
    °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
    Zdravo, zovem se Katarina i živim u Bosni i Hercegovini. Prvi put koristim ovu aplikaciju. Imam skoro 18 godina i nikada nisam bila mršava, čak ni kao dete.. Svakodnevno se suočavam sa prigovorima o kilaži, jedina osoba koja je moja podrška u svemu je moj dečko Bila sam na mnogim dijetama, ali nije išlo od ruke. Smršala bih par kilograma i odustala bih jer sam dijetu gledala kao kaznu za organizam iako sam sama ušla u to. Smatram da ova aplikacija pruža slobodniji osećaj i zbog toga sam se odlučila za ovakav način mršavljenja. Za nekoliko meseci po prvi put želim da ugledam novu sebe, mršaviju i jaču. To je moja velika želja.
    Ukoliko živite na Balkanu i koristite ovu aplikaciju, dodajte me kako bi podržavali jedni druge koji god cilj imali. Ovo je teška borba za pojedinca, svako od nas treba da podrži bilo koga ko se bori sa fizičkim izgledom. Smanjimo prigovore i "savetovanje" o kilaži, jer svi mi imamo ogledalo.