Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Awesome! it looks like everyone is doing some kind of organization or de-clutting and having good results. Good ideas reading your postings too. Let's keep up the good work and keep in touch.
  • sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    @pennysob, from following this thread and others, the only thing I remember people saying worked for that was inspiration. I know it works (a little) in my house. when my family admires my room, I point out that I have so much lovely space because I keep getting rid of things. And then I drop it. Hopefully he'll come around!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 11,731 Member
    WOW OUTSTANDING!! Wtg on this!! Love the stop going to triggering places. I had found when I go with a friend whos a hoarder (Truest sense of her lifestyle) that I would spend so unneccessarily. Without her and now with a different friend, that's so totally is no longer an issue at all. YO I'd love to have her read this, but she's not all has healthy mentally,emotionally as you are. WTG!!
  • summerviking1
    summerviking1 Posts: 91 Member
    pennysob wrote: »
    I've started to get some of clothes that I don't wear anymore out of my closets but my husband refuses to get rid of all the things he doesn't use anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could get him to start thinning down his keepsakes? Part of the issue is he has parkinson's disease and so desperately wishes he could still do all the things he once could.

I wish you luck. My husband will not get rid of anything. I just declutter everything else.

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    pennysob wrote: »
    I've started to get some of clothes that I don't wear anymore out of my closets but my husband refuses to get rid of all the things he doesn't use anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could get him to start thinning down his keepsakes? Part of the issue is he has parkinson's disease and so desperately wishes he could still do all the things he once could.

I wish you luck. My husband will not get rid of anything. I just declutter everything else.

I feel for you, my husband is a hoarder, maybe stage 1. I helped him clean up for 5 hours one day and then I thought I am staying on top of this, checking on him every few days. I can't go thru that again. So far he has kept stuff pretty straight but I know it can get out of hand fast. I feel it is somewhat my fault for allowing it so long.
  • Plasicage
    Plasicage Posts: 302 Member
    edited August 2021
    How/when do you guys declutter handbags? I just ordered a new one for everyday use, and think I should go through the stash.
    I have going out bags, that are fun to outfit build, but the everyday ones I have trouble letting go, even if they store 5+ years in a bin.

I should add they are not designer or $2000 bags. And I do live in a shoebox bachelor, so space is an issue overall.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!