The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    @InkSlinger99 So happy for you and your decision. That takes a lot of effort and determination. Keep up the good work!
  • RubyRed427
    walela617 wrote: »
    Hi JenT (and all other posters), I am ALL IN! I officially announce my "DAY 1" will be Wednesday, August 18th, 2021 (because it will my 63rd birthday and I would like that date to be my "Soberversary", but I actually began abstaining as of August 11th. (I guess I could call it my "detox week"!) I was never a daily drinker but a "binger", which basically means, "No 'OFF' button" after the first one! (*VERY* dangerous!) I must accept that I need to be 100% alcohol-FREE! I even made a little rhyme about it: "I'm one of the ones who can't have just one; so I have decided that I should have NONE!" :blush:

Wishing the best to everyone - we can do this!

Sounds like a great "soberanniversary" date! Happy Birthday! Being sober is the best gift ever:)
  • RubyRed427
    MrsG1994 wrote: »
    Yes we can! I am sober, too. When I told some new work friends, they all looked at me and were like: Are you serious?!?! We’re all in our late forties so I felt like we are a little bit old to question someone else’s decision to do anything for themselves 😂. Anyway, I wanted to recommend the book: Quit Like A Woman by Holly Whitaker. It finally got me to quit. Best of everything to everyone here! ♥️

I read half of the book but you inspired me to finish it. Thanks for the reminder! Happy you are sober too!