Looking for friends (ladies only)

Replies

• debq3
    debq3 Posts: 42 Member
    Hi everyone. Is it normal that I weight 136-137 in the morning and during the day to the end of I weight 138 to 140. I don’t even eat 2000 calorie a day and I work out on the stairmaster for 20 to 40 minutes day I my include standing exercise. Did anyone of you got this problem, it’s been almost a month now. Good luck to all of you.

Yes it's very normal, most likely it is water weight which is very common, also as the body takes in food while you are digesting it. So in the morning you have probably passed urine and maybe had a bowel movement in the morning or during the day. This will show on the scale. I hope this answer your question. I tend to hold 5-7 pounds of water so when I take my medication I will lose those pounds nearly over night.
  • LiliRose2707
    LiliRose2707 Posts: 39 Member
    Thanks debq3.🙂
  • xyzmommy
    xyzmommy Posts: 2 Member
    Also looking for friends! Feel free to add!
  • MaeesaAHHH
    MaeesaAHHH Posts: 63 Member
    vottav21 wrote: »
    Does anyone one do The Artists Way Morning Pages ? Do you think they help you succeed on your weight loss journey ? I love them as a creative practice but really wondering if they have impact on other areas too . Would love to hear some voices on it .

Hey V, unfortunately im not familiar with this... so sorry.... btw, hubby has a keen interest in my healthy food n joined me in my diet n walk yesterday teehee!
  • MaeesaAHHH
    I'm brand new here. I'm a 54 year old stoke survivor and was just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I'm here to lose weight, get healthy and keep my diabetes in check. Please add me if you want some to take this journey with.

if ur here on mfp, u r not just a survivor, but gutsy, strong n a fighter! u got this!!!!! here's to health....
  • MaeesaAHHH
    Hi everyone. Is it normal that I weight 136-137 in the morning and during the day to the end of I weight 138 to 140. I don’t even eat 2000 calorie a day and I work out on the stairmaster for 20 to 40 minutes day I my include standing exercise. Did anyone of you got this problem, it’s been almost a month now. Good luck to all of you.

yes, this is fairly normal to weigh more at night n weigh less in the morning. ur weight can also fluctuate due to hormonal changes or when u r near ur monthly cycle. so the doc always says to keep a margin of 2.2 lbs (plus or minus). some people weigh themselves at different times of the day n average that weight to get their "real" weight. don't worry.
  • MaeesaAHHH
    debq3 wrote: »
    Another productive walk today on one of the local park trails I like to walk. It was quite a nice morning for a walk the Koi fish in the pond were quite active and I managed about an hour most of it at a brisk pace. n4k7wizw1edq.jpg

wow this view is just stunning!!!!!!!!!! thanks for sharing :smile:
  • IntergalatixW
    IntergalatixW Posts: 14 Member

Yes, most people weigh more in the evenings than in the mornings. I usually weigh myself first thing in the morning.
  • jakers6108
    jakers6108 Posts: 19 Member
    Hello! I would love some friends as I navigate this website/app. I do very well with challenges!
  • idontcarroll
    idontcarroll Posts: 216 Member

There is no good reason to weight yourself multiple times a day. Our body weight fluctuates throughout the day due to intake of food and water. You are better off weighing in once a week or once a month. Additionally, maybe think about taking measurements if your goal is to tone up. Best of luck!
  • LiliRose2707
    LiliRose2707 Posts: 39 Member
    Thanks you all for reply. Best of luck to all of you.🙂
  • advklsmdc14
    advklsmdc14 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! I am a returning user. I could use all the friends I can get on this journey!
  • vottav21
    vottav21 Posts: 84 Member
    It’s been such a long day I can’t even remember if I posted or not today . Did eat a bit off plan today but I’m hoping my 13,000 steps will help me off set it . I did everything today ! I shopped , I did art , my car is jam packed with things from this house to take to the beach house . It’s been 3 years working on this project but I’m finally getting close !
  • cincisk8r
    cincisk8r Posts: 206 Member
    Always looking for new friends 🥰 Please add me
  • MaeesaAHHH
    Hello! I am a returning user. I could use all the friends I can get on this journey!

Thanks for the FR! my friend list is awesome, feel free to poach some of my contacts :wink:
  • MaeesaAHHH
    It’s been such a long day I can’t even remember if I posted or not today . Did eat a bit off plan today but I’m hoping my 13,000 steps will help me off set it . I did everything today ! I shopped , I did art , my car is jam packed with things from this house to take to the beach house . It’s been 3 years working on this project but I’m finally getting close !

I'm really proud of u for taking on so many new initiatives, fitness n the beach house. sounds like a super productive day too! keep it up. keep going n u will eventually get there.
  • vottav21
    vottav21 Posts: 84 Member
    Well I am flatly at 148.4 . But today’s is another day to do my best . Starting with a lovely tea . The summer in New England has been pathetic . Rain again & very humid . I am proud how I’ve been managing to make my basic step goal but it’s time to get “ better “ at “ ummm “ the things that go in my mouth ! Have a great day all
  • debq3
    Well I am flatly at 148.4 . But today’s is another day to do my best . Starting with a lovely tea . The summer in New England has been pathetic . Rain again & very humid . I am proud how I’ve been managing to make my basic step goal but it’s time to get “ better “ at “ ummm “ the things that go in my mouth ! Have a great day all

Tea is a lovely way to start a new day especially when the rain puts on damper on so many things, summer in Florida is our rainy season and July this year was a total washout as far as planning an outing. August is much better except for the heat and humidity. I hope you have a wonderful day, you sure are getting in those steps and one day I hope to be nearly as good at getting in mine.
  • debq3
    Photo is of last Sunday's Drum Circle, the weather finally cooperated for a lovely evening of drumming and the beach.73v1cf1smcba.jpg