Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,494 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Gina B. Hiit Walk, Pickleball (first time in 11 weeks!) and Peloton Hip Focused Yoga. I am exhausted but a good exhausted. My inner thighs are feeling the pickleball game. We had a lot of fun and my body was screaming for a gentle yoga class and hips was the name of the game. so good!

Laurel, great workouts! It's been muggy here too.
    You are so right about the single body part weeks being exhausting! They are definitely too much to be done during an STS rotation. I am glad we removed them from the second part of the rotation too!

Chico has relaxed so much since we first adopted him almost seven weeks ago. Thankfully then hens are adjusting well and Roosty is healing quite nicely.

Thanks so much for putting together dates and weekly formats for the Meso 3 portion of our rotation. This is definitely helpful!

Speaking of recovery rotation, Cathy sent an email with this update " Pre-Sale orders are now estimated to begin shipping on Aug 18th." That's next week! How exciting!!!

Good night!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,404 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Just checking in quickly, it is catch up time for me. I was able to do my workouts while on vacation. DH made sure that I could even use the big screen. We had a great time in the Nashville area, and we left there on Sunday and got home by 6:30pm so the traffic was very good for us. The car show went very well, but DH was busy during the whole time. The next time we visit TN, we will have to make sure that we see more sites. :D

Will catch up on the posts, but need to get busy on all the e-mails.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,757 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 20/Legs followed by XTrain Hard Strikes. I also took a nice walk despite the heat.

Thelma, great workouts. Yay for getting back to Pickleball!! That must have felt nice. I am glad your leg has healed to a point you feel comfortable playing. Good stuff. I saw that update on the new workouts from Cathe. I am really anxious to give them a try….especially with the new bands. I think it will be a challenge. :)

Laurie, welcome back! I am so glad you had a good time in Nashville. Great job working out in the road. I love that your DH was so supportive of that, though it is unfortunate he had to work your entire vacation. I imagine you have lots of catching up to do after a week away.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Zumba and STS Disc 20/Legs.

We had a wild storm in the early evening pass by. I thought it was a hurricane. A lot of water came down in a short period of time. I bet a lot of places flooded.

Laurie, welcome back! I'm glad you were able to workout and had fun during your vacation. Sounds like you lucked out with traffic! Very sweet and supportive of your DH to make sure you could use the big screen for your workouts!

Laurel, great workouts! I am also anxious to try Cathe's new workouts.
    It really felt good to play pickleball again and I'm glad I allowed my leg to heal.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was 30MTF Cardio Pump W1. I used my 1# egg weights, because she goes fairly fast on the boxing moves in this one.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts. Good job getting outside despite the heat, we all need to get our vitamin D. ;) It took me two days to get through everything, and have to admit that some of the e-mails are not getting answered this week. Sometimes certain types of e-mails just need to wait for me to have the right frame of mind. Especially if they are wanting to know payment information. That can take some time to dig into. Those band workouts are probably the workout that I'm most interested in. Cathe really does work the lower body good, and I can't imagine what she will try with those bands. :D

Thelma, Sounds like some awesome workouts. We have been having a lot of storms lately. The one we had a couple of days ago caused a lot of power outages and trees down. Those winds where pretty severe. Again I have to go and clean up the walnuts and branches that came down. I don't think that there will be many walnuts falling out of the tree in fall after all of this wind. :D I was looking at my hydrangeas and the white one has produced a pink flower. Guess my ph is good for changing the color of the flower.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute HiiT and Hills spin followed by 10 minutes of Peloton core work followed by 20 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. The spin today was my 500th spin with Peloton!

Thelma, great workouts. We had the same storm last night. Buckets of rain and lightening like crazy. But, oddly, the air feels fresher and cooler today which makes for a nice change. I even added on about 20 minutes to my walk and didn’t feel it was nearly as warm as yesterday. We might be in for storms like this the next few days, though.

Laurie, great workout. I find I use my 1# egg weights more than I thought I would because of the speed of most of Cathe’s workouts. If it is just punching….I am good with heavier. But jumping jacks and such….I just feel are safer on my shoulders with less weight. I completely understand what you are saying about letting some emails ‘rest’ for awhile until you are prepared to answer them. That is a wise thing to do.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This mornings workout was Walk Strong 3 Upper Body. Think I need to do this one more often, because it has some really unique moves. We are having a beautiful day today, and it is suppose to last into the weekend.

DH and I will be looking at doings some redecorating. Now that the youngest has moved out, her room it needs some changes for any guest that we have staying over. ;)

Laurel, Congrats on the 500th spin class, and great job on your yoga workout! Totally agree with you on the egg weights, that is the reason that I opted for the lighter weights. I tried doing the speed bag move with the 1.5 and had to change up the weights. :D

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 21/Back and Biceps followed by Cathe’s live class from yesterday which was 30 Minute HiiT Express. This was a really good mixed impact HiiT workout and was exactly 30 minutes. I can see myself doing this one quite a bit.

Laurie, great workout. I remember liking both the upper and lower body workouts from that series. I had to think a minute when you said your DD had moved out…..but it is August, isn’t it? Wow. Anyhow, I find that I absolutely love redecorating. There is such a sense of accomplishment in transforming a space, even if it is as simple as new bedding or a coat of paint. DH and I often talk about buying a fixer upper house because we both like it so much. But what I don’t like is living in a house that needs to be fixed up. :D That creates a bit of a conundrum. :p Enjoy that wonderful weather!

Have a great weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was nice and very busy with house chores.

My workouts on Friday were a Peloton ride and STS Disc 21/Back and Biceps. My workouts on Sunday were a KCM RAW Box and Sculpt which should be renamed as Box and Lower Body Sculpt. I used my 1lb dumbbells and a 15 lb dumbbell. I also did a 20m low impact Peloton Ride and a standing Pilates workout. I found a new YT Pilates instructor. I didn't pay attention to the class name much less the description. It was a full body stretch class but it was more than that. The instructor worked on balance and coordination moves. It was a little slow but I found it really good. I think it would make a perfect add on workout.
    _https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ_zPNPu2uo

We are in yet another rainy pattern. We were lucky last week during that wild storm we had. There was a huge and half dead pine tree that snapped in two and thankfully it fell away from the garage. We could've serious damage.

Laurie, great workout and I hope you had beautiful weather.

I bet you're going to have a lot of fun redecorating your DD's bedroom! I hope she's not living too far away from you.

Laurel, great workouts and congrats on your 500th Peloton ride.
    The wild storm last week was scary. I hope we won't get too much rain this week because I'm sure there will be a lot of flooded areas.

Have a wonderful week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited August 2021
    Morning Ladies,

Had a wonderful weekend, and you can tell that we are in August. Our evenings start to cool off, so it is weird to see people walking their dogs with coats on. We did have to put on a sweat shirt this morning. Saturday I did Jessica's Walk Strong 3 Lower Body, Sunday was a long walk with Rocket (he was panting pretty hard afterward, but had fun) and this morning was Walk Strong 3 Cardio H.I.I.T.

Laurel, Love the workouts, the HiiT workout sounds like fun. That lower body workout of Jessica's is a killer if you use the right weight, and I had to get out an walk a little to loosen up those legs. :D The one thing that I don't need to do with the room is paint, since dd painted it a very nice vanilla color. I just need to figure out what I want for art. I know that I'm going to have a chair and a different dresser. The dresser that we currently have are from when DH was young. They are sold oak, but for sure kid related.

Thelma, Awesome job on all your workouts and getting all the chores done! Glad that you where able to find another good workout. We all need to make sure that we get in those balance workouts, so I will be checking it out. Very glad to hear that the tree didn't cause damage, but it is sad when a tree comes down. In the last storm we had DH's brother had a tree fall. Like you it didn't cause damage to their house, but it was really close. We do still have this wonderful weather. DH and I where out cleaning up the yard so that he could mow the lawn. All those walnuts make for a rough ride on the lawn mower, so we needed to get them picked up. :D The youngest isn't to far from us, probably about a 15-20 min. ride. We went out with them on Saturday, and got to see their new place all decorated.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    edited August 2021
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Mine was pretty quiet with DH away. I did manage to get some yard work and household work done, which was nice. But I also found time to work on a puzzle and read too. :D Like Thelma, it looks like we are in for some rain this week, though I don’t think it will be too bad here. But the humidity level is through the roof right now. Every time I leave the house, my glasses fog up.

For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica Smith Walk Strong 3 Cardio Metabolic Sculpt. I hadn’t done this one before. I used light weight since this was meant to be a light workout day for me, and I really enjoyed it. I followed it with 60 minutes of yoga flow with Kristin McGee. Yesterday I did ICE Chiseled Lower Body Boast and Icy Core 2 followed by a 45 minute spin. And today was Cathe Live Total Body Fit followed by Cathe Live Cardio Kickboxing Mashup.

Thelma, great workouts. I will definitely check out that workout. Thank you for posting it. Yikes on the tree falling! I am so sorry to hear that but am also so glad it did no damage to your property. So I have a question for you and our upcoming Recovery Rotation. Do you have an idea of how long you would like to take off between these STS rotations? I was thinking between 6-8 weeks, but if you want longer, let me know. Personally, I know I want at least six weeks and could be talked into twice that if desired. The reason I ask is the length of the rotation will help me determine how much intensity I want to add to some weeks. The shorter the rotation, the fewer intense weeks. The longer….more intense weeks. But none of the weeks will be STS intense!! In fact, an idea I am toying with—and let me know what you think—is doing three weeks of workouts, kind of levels 1, 2, and 3 in intensity, and then letting us pick and choose what we, as individuals, feel like doing any given week. If I am having a lower energy week, you may choose and completely different level of workouts to match your energy levels than me. The reason I am thinking about doing it like this is, well, it is the holidays and the darkest time of the year, so I really want each week to be something not to be dreaded. And I also want the cumulative of the rotation to feel like recovery and not just another schedule of ‘must do’ workouts. I hope that makes sense. Let me know what you think.

Laurie, great workout! You put that Walk Strong 3 series in my mind last week, and I realized there are still a few workouts I haven’t even tried. So thank you for inspiring me to look at it again. Of course, I think you did two of the best workouts Sunday and today. I can’t believe you are beginning to cool off already…..but I guess it makes sense. We have a ways to go before that happens, though hopefully the humidity will start going down a bit next month. But it has been a perfectly endurable summer, so I have no complaints whatsoever.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were a Peloton ride and KCM "RAW" Upper Weights & Legs. We had a pretty nice day and a couple of passing showers in the afternoon, then some rain in the evening.

We had to go help our neighbor today. The husband has gout and is in a lot of pain. They needed crutches and we only had my crutches which are for short people and he is about 6ft tall. I am not sure why he doesn't go to the doctor. We offered to go buy him the right size crutches and a used wheelchair but he declined. We were glad to be able to help even if it was nothing.

Tomorrow is our friend's memorial service. It will be a sad day.

Laurie, great workouts! I can't believe your nights are turning cold already. We've had a couple of cool mornings ourselves.

Balance workouts are very important as we age. I'm glad you're still enjoying the nice weather. There's no getting around those walnuts! They have to be picked up.
    I'm so glad your youngest DD isn't too far from you and that you got to see their new apartment all decorated.

Laurel, glad you had a nice weekend. Great workouts!

Our humidity wasn't high today which was surprising.
    It sure was sad to see the giant tree on the ground because it was food and home to some birds. I'm sure they'll still find food there though.
    Thanks for asking about the length of the recovery rotation. I agree with you on the 6-8 week duration. I think more than that will be too long and even 8 weeks might be too long. I love your idea of levels of intensity! This STS rotation is ending at the perfect time to start the recovery rotation during the holidays and part of the winter. Thanks so much for putting so much thought into the rotations!

Have a great day!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

So I think that it will be a Jessica week, it just seems to be perfect for what I want right now. I'm going to stick with the Walk Strong 3 workouts, and I did Metabolic Conditioning. Again this is a great workout, and we will see after this week if I extend the workouts out to more weeks. I may add in some of her other workouts also if I do that.

I will be a proud owner of another older Singer sewing machine. My friend that is moving to Florida has her grandmothers, and she is giving it to me. She said that she wants it to go to someone who will take good care of it. Since she is giving it to me, I'm going to make her a quilt. It can still get cold in FL at times, so I'm sure that will come in handy.

Laurel, Great job on all your workouts, and I'm glad that I could inspire. I know that the both of you inspire certain workouts for me also. For some reason I tend to ignore the Jessica workouts, probably because I think that they are to easy. They really are not, so I have to change my mindset. Having to deal with the humidity these last few months really makes these cooler evenings so nice. We do have a lot of dew on our grass in the mornings though. I hope that the rain brings you relief from the humidity.

Thelma, Nice workouts! Sorry to hear that your friend is in so much pain. I worked with someone who suffered from gout, and he had medication to help with it. Glad that you where able to help in a small way, even if the crutches where for shorter people. They sell crutches at goodwill if they want to try that route. Will be thinking of you and your friends family today, I'm sure that it will be emotional. I may have to put an additional blanket at the end of the bed, because it's getting a little cold during the night.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute Peloton spin followed by 45 minutes of Peloton Pilates. Both felt really good today.

Thelma, great workouts. I will be thinking of you and your friend’s family today as you remember him. It will be a tough day, no doubt. Glad you like the idea of varied intensities for our next rotation. I will start putting the weeks together and take a good long look at the calendar as I map out the next STS rotation. :) I am rethinking Meso 1 and wondering if we want to try it in the pattern we are working now with the two weeks on, one week off (recovery) with each week being repeated once. All thoughts are welcome.

Laurie, another great workout. Like you, I have a tendency to under estimate Jessica’s workouts. I think it is because of how she presents them. She doesn’t want her workouts to be seen as ‘killer’, but they really can be sneaky tough. And effective. Congratulations on the new sewing machine. I love that you are going to make her a quilt in return. No doubt she will love that. Enjoy those cool evenings.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, it's a good thing Tuesday was an easy workout day because I couldn't have done much more than what I did today. It was an emotionally draining day.
    Our friend's memorial service was very nice and a lot of people attended. We saw friends we hadn't seen since March of 2019!
    My workouts on Tuesday were Gina B 3000 Steps and a gentle yoga flow.

The rain today was insane. Thankfully it wasn't windy! It rained all day long and I've no idea when it started last night.

Laurie, great workouts and congratulations on your new sewing machine!

I have no idea why our neighbor isn't on some type of gout medication. I called the thrift stores looking for crutches and no one had them but found them at a local pharmacy.
    Sounds like a great idea to put an additional blanket at the end of the bed! It felt damp an cold inside the house today.

Laurel, great workouts!
    I love the idea of doing Meso1 two weeks on, one week off! I'm really enjoying this format and it's made me realize how hard it is to do the one body part week.

Have a great day!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Jessica's Walk Strong 3 Barefoot Cardio Core. This one wasn't tough, but I was still sweating.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts! That is the way I felt about this morning's workout, it felt good even though it wasn't tough. How have the Meso workouts been for you this round? Have you seen a difference in strength?

Thelma, I'm glad that you where able to get in a workout despite the emotional day that you had. Kind of sad that it takes an funeral to see people. That is how it always seems when I go to one. I get to see all those relatives that I have not seen in a long time. Glad that you where able to find some crutches. I was at goodwill yesterday to get my MIL some pants that she can put over her cast, and they had a bunch of them there.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! For today’s workout, I combined two Cathe Live metabolic workouts for one long, good workout. The workouts were Total Body Metabolic Challenge and Cathe 200. The former was more strength focused and the latter more cardio (and remains my favorite Cathe Live workout).

Thelma, good job getting a workout in despite the tough day. The rain from that tropical storm skipped us completely. I am glad you like the sound of things going forward with the recovery rotation and STS. Sounds like we have a plan in place…..now I just need to write it down. :)

Laurie, great workout. Have you done Jessica’s Cardio Ball Blast on YouTube? It is similar to Barefoot Cardio Core but more challenging in the cardio factor. I like both of those workouts very much. I am loving STS right now. We just came through what I think are the toughest workouts of the set (Meso 2, Week 3), and I definitely feel stronger. Our two weeks of STS, one week of recovery, provides just enough variety that I am not sick of STS yet. And, most importantly, my body is loving the challenge and variety as well. For me right now, this is about as perfect a pattern of workouts I have done in years. That makes me happy. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were ICE Metabolic Total Body and abs.

We're going through another crazy thunderstorm tonight. Heavy rain and scary thunder and lightning!

I am meeting my former yoga buddies for lunch on Thursday. I've not seen them in person since 3/13/2019! It should be fun.

Laurie, that JS workout sounds like fun! Good job!

It was sad to have to see friends at a funeral. At least I know they're OK.
    We have several thrift shops in town but the one that I knew would have them was closed on Monday. I honestly don't think they wanted to spend the money. We would've paid for the new crutches if he'd asked us to pick them up for him.

Laurel, great workouts!!! I'm glad we have a plan for the following rotations!
    I can't believe the storm skipped your area!

Have a great day!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was Jessica's Walk Strong 3 Total Body. Another good workout.

I'm off work tomorrow, DH has to go in for his colonoscopy, so I need to bring him home. I should be able to chat before we have to leave.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts! Glad to hear that the STS workouts are still ones that you are enjoying doing. I keep saying that when I have more time in my morning routing, that I will do those workouts again. Thank you for the other workout, I will try that one out. I'm for sure going to continue with Jessica for at least another three weeks. Then I will probably move onto some Cathe. Funny how yesterday's workout was fairly easy, but this morning I could feel that my core was worked. I'm going to call her the sneaky instructor. ;)

Thelma, Nice workout! You have been having a lot of storms and rain lately. Enjoy your lunch with your friend, I'm sure that it will be fun catching up. One of the things that I so enjoy is going through thrift stores. It makes me nostalgic when I see something that my mom or grandmothers had. Or I just like looking though other peoples junk. :D I did find a cannister for my youngest, it matched the one that she found at a different Goodwill months ago.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute spin followed by Kari Anderson’s Angles, Lines and Curves. I just love revisiting that latter workout periodically. I still enjoy it after 20 years!

Thelma, great workouts. Well, we finally got the storms last night! And it has been raining the bulk of today. They promised storms all last weekend, and we got little to nothing. The minute they stop predicting storms….we get storms. But I welcome the moisture right now because things were getting a bit dry here.

Laurie, great workout. I like the sound of your plan to stick with Jessica. She has so much variety in her workouts I think I could do only her YouTube workouts for a year and rarely repeat anything. Such a gift to us out here in ‘workout from home’ land. I totally understand why you don’t do STS while you are working. These workouts are so long, and, frankly, there is no way these days I would have that kind of energy (to work full time and do STS). But I am just so happy that Thelma and I have worked out a way of being able to do them without them being overtaxing. So in a few years, maybe we can all do them together. :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel