Looking for friends (ladies only)

Replies

• allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Last time I was at a drum circle it was at night. There was a bonfire. There was dancing. It was a blast !
  • debq3
    debq3 Posts: 42 Member
    Last time I was at a drum circle it was at night. There was a bonfire. There was dancing. It was a blast !

This is about sundown and goes into the night.
  • tcvetli
    tcvetli Posts: 2 Member
    Hey, I am new to the app and calorie counting and while slow the process is much easier than I thought. It will be great to get some friends to motivate me with their gains on bad days
  • vottav21
    vottav21 Posts: 84 Member
    @debq3 was that ? It looks amazing ! Almost a little like Venice Beach ?
  • Ange1icious
    Ange1icious Posts: 7 Member

I have hashimoto’s too. I have been losing weight slowly since November. I added in daily walks and yoga. It’s very slow but in the right direction and it all adds up.

Exactly I've never let it get me down and the cycling keeps my matabolism up so now I've lost 12 lb in just under a year, I'm aiming for the same this year too 😊

Good luck on your journey to a healthier you 😊

• vottav21
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/post/quote/10839287/Comment_46167325

Maybe he’s more interested because you’ve created a band of fans looking at his amazing meals . I still have visions of that rice dish & don’t get me started on the drumsticks !
    We’ll came to the “ money pit “ yesterday with a load ( I mean my car was filled to the brim ) of stuff from one house to the other . Made my step goal just by lugging stuff up from the basement . I did the healthiest shopping I’ve ever done so now the fridge is stocked here with clean eats . However the Mexican restaurant was finally open while we were here & we had a right proper oinkfest ! My hands are a mess this morning from all the salt . I’ve got to stop this crazy pattern . Next time we are going to bring the grill here & I think that will change everything . You realize gradually what you need in a kitchen . I was going to buy a watermelon at the market & realized I only had plastic knives here ! A very silly problem indeed but no excuse not to eat healthier . It’s as misty as London here this morning & I plan to put in a day of hard work clearing the previous tenants “ witch circle/ plant garden big mess yard ! “ . Have a lovely day all & go drink that water ! Like right now !
  • vottav21
    8rg9apx3pvpm.jpeg

In case you thought I was lying ! I have wellingtons & big gloves . I’m deathly afraid of snakes & whatever but I’m hoping a good poke with a rake might get them moving along b4 I start ! Or I’ll just scream for Jay !
  • vottav21
    Well it was way to hot to dismantle the witch circle today . Jay painted inside & I cleaned all the plaster dust from the master bath ( now waiting on cabinet fronts ) set up the coffee nook in the unfinished kitchen . Just decided to call it a work day & came to our favorite dive bar . Look at this lovely view
  • debq3
    vottav21 wrote: »
    @debq3 was that ? It looks amazing ! Almost a little like Venice Beach ?

It is Ft. Island Gulf Beach in Citrus County, it's about 90 minutes from my house and quite a small beach but well worth the trip for the drum circle we had a huge circle this month.
  • debq3
    Well it was way to hot to dismantle the witch circle today . Jay painted inside & I cleaned all the plaster dust from the master bath ( now waiting on cabinet fronts ) set up the coffee nook in the unfinished kitchen . Just decided to call it a work day & came to our favorite dive bar . Look at this lovely view

Great view and so much more pleasant then clearing away someone else's mess.
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    I would love to have some lady friends!
    I've lost 60 lbs so far and want to lose about another 60!
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    I would love to have some lady friends!
    I've lost 60 lbs so far and want to lose about another 60!

Congrats on the 60 pound loss ! For your next 60 are you going to continue with the same strategy you used - or are you going to try something different ?
  • vottav21
    I feel like a total sham here wasting my good friends’ time . Yesterday went badly . I have been making my steps but it seems like only in domestic chores & between bars & restaurants . Went out to breakfast yesterday morning & had a modest fried egg Sammie , started the day virtuous . By the end of last night I had had 3 light beers & then 2 wines. At least they were chintzy fancy bar pours . I keep saying I want this beach lifestyle to be better but we aren’t doing it so far . Im not sure if all the change in getting this place ready is making me emotionally freaked out but I have to reign this in . Sorry for the the long post , I just wanted to be real & honest about the change I need to force . I figured if I wrote it down maybe it might make me face it . Today I’m getting back to a plan !
  • debq3
    I feel like a total sham here wasting my good friends’ time . Yesterday went badly . I have been making my steps but it seems like only in domestic chores & between bars & restaurants . Went out to breakfast yesterday morning & had a modest fried egg Sammie , started the day virtuous . By the end of last night I had had 3 light beers & then 2 wines. At least they were chintzy fancy bar pours . I keep saying I want this beach lifestyle to be better but we aren’t doing it so far . Im not sure if all the change in getting this place ready is making me emotionally freaked out but I have to reign this in . Sorry for the the long post , I just wanted to be real & honest about the change I need to force . I figured if I wrote it down maybe it might make me face it . Today I’m getting back to a plan !

Change is hard and it doesn't happen over night, It's good you are getting in your steps no matter how you do it. I was ill for 18 months and believe me everyone of those steps I managed to log on my Fitbit was a small victory. Most days I didn't even manage more than 1500 steps. You aren't wasting anyone's time after all we are here to support one another. Change doesn't happen overnight it can take 12 weeks to make a new habit. You have the mindset to make the changes just take it one day at a time, one hour at a time and don't forget to breathe.
  • vottav21
    @MaeesaAHHH can I ask you & the other ladies here a question . Are you getting random requests from men to be your friends ? I have no interest in chatting with men . I’ve received 3 requests . It feels jerky to turn a friend request down but 2 were very young men & todays was someone in Alaska but I clicked on the photo & it said no friends no posts . Is this some fishy thing I should be afraid of ? I declined by the way . But I still feel bad . My mamma raised a girl who hates to offend .
  • Ange1icious
    Ange1icious Posts: 7 Member
    @MaeesaAHHH can I ask you & the other ladies here a question . Are you getting random requests from men to be your friends ? I have no interest in chatting with men . I’ve received 3 requests . It feels jerky to turn a friend request down but 2 were very young men & todays was someone in Alaska but I clicked on the photo & it said no friends no posts . Is this some fishy thing I should be afraid of ? I declined by the way . But I still feel bad . My mamma raised a girl who hates to offend .

I've had a few requests too and if they seem dodgy I will remove them.. You shouldn't feel bad as it is your profile and you can have whomever you want on it.. Or not 😀
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,545 Member
    I'm 38 (soon to be 39 next month) mom of 1 daughter. We live in SC and I've been on mfp what seems forever. I love to find friends that actually log in, comment on posts or post what they have going on in their own lives. I have PCOS & diet/exercise controlled diabetes so logging and tracking are a big part of my world. I also write a blog every 2 weeks or so with recipe swaps, food finds, etc.

I do a lot of walking when I can and often try to get to Zumba a couple times a week. I have a YMCA membership but don't use the gym as often as I should.... shame on me. My husband and daughter are my whole world except when I'm reading a good novel, then I fall into that world and need them all to leave me alone. LOL.

If you would like an active mfp friend feel free to add me.
  • debq3

I have received a few as well, I just decline no explantion. It's just the way it is right now.
  • debq3
    I'm 38 (soon to be 39 next month) mom of 1 daughter. We live in SC and I've been on mfp what seems forever. I love to find friends that actually log in, comment on posts or post what they have going on in their own lives. I have PCOS & diet/exercise controlled diabetes so logging and tracking are a big part of my world. I also write a blog every 2 weeks or so with recipe swaps, food finds, etc.

I do a lot of walking when I can and often try to get to Zumba a couple times a week. I have a YMCA membership but don't use the gym as often as I should.... shame on me. My husband and daughter are my whole world except when I'm reading a good novel, then I fall into that world and need them all to leave me alone. LOL.

If you would like an active mfp friend feel free to add me.

I am fairly new to the site and intend to be one of those people trying to log in daily. Due to recent health issues I felt I needed an outlet to log the foods I eat and the exercise I do. I went on over to your blog and did a bit of reading and plan to make the Microwave baked apples. I sent a friend request.
  • debq3
    Got up extra early today to get in a walk before the rains came and so glad I did, it hasn't let up since about one this afternoon. There is a tropical storm brewing so I'm sure that's why we are having so much rain. Yesterday was day 2 at cardiac rehab and did exactly what I did on Wednesday, I'm not as sore today as I was Thursday pretty sure that is because of the walk this morning. Hope everyone is having a good Saturday.