WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2021

Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    😴
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,932 Member
    The daycare mom switched my days off this week so I was off today instead of tomorrow. DH and I went up to Vacaville- wanted to check out a new(to us)thrift store and then go to the outlets to get Jelly Bellys. I did find a few baskets for gift baskets I am putting together for our upcoming class reunion. I have three planned so far. May do more, depending on if I can get others to donate some too. One will be a tea pot and tea, one will be blanket/popcorn and some movies from the 80's(the year we graduated), and one will be full of cat toys, including some catnip toys I will make and some dried catnip.
    Stopped at the outlets and were sad to see that Jelly Belly is no longer there. Stopped at the JB factory that is close to our house (less than 15 min away) to see if they had any deals- prices have gone way up so ended up not buying anything.
    Zumba this evening. Had a substitute but she was good. I think she teaches the Zumba Gold in the mornings(for seniors) so it was not as high impact as the last substitute we had. I was able to keep up with most of it. Wearing the mask while doing it was a bit hard- got over 6000 steps in during that hour so I was moving pretty good.
    Watched Big Brother when I got home and now about ready to head for bed.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,819 Member
    This is one of my every-other-week 3-day weekends. :)

The weather doesn't look brilliant, but we will try to get out for a ride or two ... or if not, then we'll exercise in our home gym.

I got about 4 inches of hair lopped off today. It's funny - one side was falling into ringlets when it is damp/misty out but the other side turned into straw: straggly and straight. I had her shape the straw side a bit in the hopes it will be encouraged to curl like the rest. I am planning to dye it this weekend.

We might also go see our son play hockey - field hockey.

b72xxeuzofva.png

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    Gutter man, Singing Zoom, Waitrose delivery. Busy day. :laugh:
    Will have to fit my afternoon exercise in between singing and delivery.
    DH shops for fruit and veg on Thursdays. <3
    Otherwise it's my usual - exercises, writing. I'm managing a regular 950 calorie burn at the moment. Approximately two and a half hours active exercise a day. It's weigh day tomorrow, so .......... :*:p I usually manage one or two languages, sometimes three. They are great company while I'm exercising. Or I look at improving videos. Lovely. :D<3 In the morning it's Radio 4 BBC or Classic FM.
    I did a test yesterday that says I should live to 96. I thought that was a bit short. I want my card from King William when I reach 100. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    B)
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,326 Member
    Good morning all:

Not a lot to report here. Work still trying to figure out what to do with current surge. Probably won't change much in terms of protocols. We still have reduced numbers working on site, people still distancing fairly well. Masks are not required, some wear them all the time. I wear one in larger meetings (especially with people I don't know vaccine status). It's all a bit tiring, but when you look at pandemics through history, this one is acting pretty normally. At least we have some tools available now. Will do my bit to try not to catch or spread but not lock myself up in a cave!

No smoking still going well. Eating a touch more than I should but no more weight gain. Working on nudging it down. Still exercising regularly. Heat is keeping most things inside this week.

Still haven't settled completely on retirement date. Boss would like it if I stayed to see a major renovation of a building for youth use completed next year ( I am driving force behind project getting started). She said I can work part-time if I want. I doubt I would do part-time but I could use my leave more. The fact that I am thinking about it tells me I may not be completely ready. Why is this such a hard decision?!

Off to get ready for work. Lots of little things need finished today.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, drop off printouts at fire hall after T’ai Chi, Farmers’ market, Grocery outlet, dog group backup, fire district board meeting.
    Bonus: typed hymns
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, dogs to GB for nail trim, minutes, flagger course progress, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart,; Do Your Thing, practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    August
    9: Thank someone you’re grateful to and tell them why: Te’s joyful presence.
    10: Check in with someone who may be lonely or feeling anxious: returned T’s call and chatted
    11: Share an encouraging news story to inspire others:
    12: Contact a friend to let them know you’re thinking of them: MM earlier this week and yesterday.

I am so encouraged! Yesterday morning, despite two days of below average steps (and carefully measured salty snacks) the wii showed me below a BMI of 28! Made it easier to walk away from the cinnamon rolls Joe was baking ;)

Rebecca that must have been quite some monitor. Yikes! :love: the potato-proud Athena! Tapioca, warm, yum! But alas, when I indulge I squirt some Reddi Whip and float a spoonful of buttershots on it. :naughty: It’s my go to after dental work.
    Machka Oww! That “haven’t seen…” meme made me snort my water. Then I watched the video. :laugh: Thanks! Caviar, yuck!
    Flea ((hugs)) ditto what Kim said about work and outside, what Lisa said about your update and your son’s mindfulness “exercise” ;) SMH at the “putting a lot of poisons into your body…” commentor. Wish you’d have made the “mutants” response and would have loved to see that dope’s face when you did.
    Kim so very very glad that counselor was in your life to save it.
    Debbie Aqua Zumba was a blast. One of the few things I miss about living in Idaho.
    Heather “My best ever therapist was quite tough on me and I respected her because she didn't let me do my normal thing of running rings around them and thinking I was cleverer than they were.” Busted! :laugh: Congrats on taking off another lb! “… card from King William…” :laugh:
    Lisa fingers crossed and healing vibes sent. Those ulcers sound absolutely awful.
    KJ ((hugs)) like Julie I find John Hopkins University to be apolitical and scientific e.g. https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/vaccines/report
    Annie ((hugs)) for you and Teddy.
    Julie I find that eating more carbs than usual makes me lethargic, robs my energy.
    Debbie with you about warm pudding.
    Allie I think your worries about Tal are justified. Sure hope you can find resources for her that she can accept.
    Rita glad your readings are helping. Brava.
    Vicki what you and Carol said about prayer, yes. Sometimes the answer to a prayer is the right counselor. . . NOT like the ones you got.
    Lanette so good to hear from you. Appreciate your differing point of view. I think masking, supplements, and vaccines where not contra-indicated are all tools in the antiviral arsenal, along with good diet, activity, sleep and other health practices. We probably won’t have all the answers until this has burned out. Delta is surging here in our rural county with daily cases 10 times what they were at the worst of last year. Means no more line dancing for me, and I’ll likely back away from indoor T’ai Chi and return to livestream church, even though both Joe and I are vaccinated.
    Barbie “. . .what seems important . . .” Wisdom from Barbie. Yet again ;).
    Michele I misremembered, it was in Nampa, not Meridian. An amazing facility that truly served all the community, children, teens, adults, disabled, seniors. https://www.nampaparksandrecreation.org/31/Rec-Center
    Tracey thank you for sharing your workplace’s covid experience. Brava for walking out from that “therapist” and bravo for your Dad persisting to find solution to your pain.
    Karen, thank you for https://vaccineinformation.org/trusted-sources/
    Ginny brava on every day’s nonsmoking victory. I dreaded retirement, but dreaded the next build out (woud have been my 7th) even more so made the decision to retire the year before our lease expired. Once the decision was made and date set, everything got much easier.

Yesterday was busy, got in over 11K steps, hooray! Now snooze a little.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    August: leaner/stronger/kinder than July.
    daily: sit with Joe: 9, weigh/wii: 11/0/0; steps>6704=11615 yay! vits=11, log=11, CI<CO=11, CI<250<CO=8, Tumble=6, Shadow=12, mfp=11, outside=15, up hill=13, clean 10=1.5.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD YH=1, Wed:TC=2, PW=2. Thurs: Fri:TC=1. Sat:PW=2. rX x4=1.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2!!! 8/1:141.3 8/8 140.4
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=7 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,601 Member
    B)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    Barbara - Congrats on getting below 28. Yeah! :p<3
    The therapist was under the umbrella of the Marriage Guidance Council. You paid what you could afford. I went to her as a 'grief counsellor' as I was drowning in grief and also having 'flooding' from heavy, frequent periods. :'(:s She did me a lot of good and held a firm line. I had a total hysterectomy a couple of months later. Best thing I ever did!

Gutter man phoned to put back the appointment and then phoned to postpone until tomorrow. That's OK. I'm slightly concerned because DH, unusually, is in charge of this operation, and he hasn't even mentioned the 10% reduction for the flyer. I reminded him this morning. ;) I would have got another quote, but I'm not about to take it away from him.

The hairdresser rang to ask for a deposit because so many are cancelling due to covid. I said I was not at all happy about that and wasn't paying. I will be turning up tomorrow as booked. They said , oh , alright. :p:D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Still haven't settled completely on retirement date. Boss would like it if I stayed to see a major renovation of a building for youth use completed next year ( I am driving force behind project getting started). She said I can work part-time if I want. I doubt I would do part-time but I could use my leave more. The fact that I am thinking about it tells me I may not be completely ready. Why is this such a hard decision?!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

You may indeed not be ready.

If money were to appear from somewhere so that I could retire, I would! I like my job, but I could easily give them 2-weeks' notice. I've got so many other things I would like to do. :)

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,507 Member
    Had a long post, I lost it so, forget it…
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    💙💚💛🧡
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Made a hair appointment for Friday pm. Just a wet trim (no blow dry) and I don't want much off. It's 10 weeks since the last trim and I've been getting a few compliments on my hair, so I will just have half an inch off to keep tidy. Some new hair dye was delivered today, so I'll do that myself next week. Then I'll be a neat, natural blond again. :D

Julie - I'm always covered up in the sun and swim in full UV gear, leggings and top. I also have a wonderful, black, folding Chinese sunhat, (Amazon) that really is huge. You could always carry a parasol. I used an umbrella in Egypt, Morocco and Mexico when going round the sites.
    I really don't enjoy the heat and try not to get sun on my face and chest. Occasionally I let my arms out in the morning or evening, when running. :D I wear suncream on sensitive bits, including my hands.

Much love to all. And so.....to bed. :)

Heather UK xxxxxxxx

HEATHER thanks Do you have a picture of or link to the hat ? Hats are WAY less popular here than in the UK! People pretty much don't wear hats much at all here. I would always wear a hat when hiking, at seaside, or at length in the sun, but wide brims here are rare. There are some basket-y one's but they are too fragile to last long. There are basically little brim camping hats, basket-y rare wide brim ones (that I see almost no-one wear!, and not a ton more for women, here. I'm happy to wear non-common things if I like it ok.
    I have never been long to stay in sun but have not been ultra-worried either, since I don't have very fair skin. I generally have worn 50 sunscreen for past 20 years when in sun much, in summer, but not religious about applying every 2h on every square inch, all year, every moment... I spoke to a lady at a café this morning much more suntanned and older than me, (but seemed to be originally of fair complexion) complaining about the lack of sun... and how we need it...I didn't say anything about my situation. My dermatologist says it's largely randomness of the gene lottery or whatever that makes it so one gets it and another doesn't. I used to hike and things like that a lot in my youth (before 35 and didn't think much about sunscreen at all. People weren't talking that much about it back then as far as I can remember, at least not in the circles I traveled in. Avoid a sunburn was the main thing, and maybe wrinkles too, but not major fear of cancer... maybe because I'm from a cold northern area...
    ... but almost everyone I have told has told me let them help me take on things. It's not in my nature to do that, but I am trying to let some things go. My new phrase when someone asks me for something, if it is within their power, my response is, "You know. I think you can just go ahead and take care of that." Not words I am used to saying.

FLEA about 15 years ago when I was incapacitated for a few months, due to a bug caught travelling, I told people I had this bug and whenever they offered help I said ok.
    At first I was working way too much. It was impossible for me to stop working, both responsibility-wise and also finance-wise. But when I told a colleague of a symptom I had she offered to take over my last class in the evening last minute! (so nice!) That was my last time working for months. I should already have been off for about a week, but stopping was not a possibility. I could barely down the subway stairs taking the subway to the hospital for out patient tests, I still had no idea of what I had. (they kept me for 5 days!).
    It was really something unusual to have the vulnerability to let many others help me. Most people were really happy to help.
    exermom wrote: »
    I just found out that our pastor (who said the mass last week) has covid. I tell you, if I wasn’t lectoring this Sat., I wouldn’t go to church. As it is, I’m probably going to leave as soon as I finish lectoring. I’ll wear a mask in church and take it off just when I’m lectoring. I HATE these masks, but I’ll do it

MICHELE are you sure it's ok to go to church? I would think there is necessarily a cluster if he preached last week, and that it might be ok to skip a couple of weeks or do video appearances. Even though many are vaccinated, there are the breakthroughs, the unvaccinated, the unvaccinatable kids...
    Kelly - I can’t give you medical or scientific facts but I can tell you what I have seen first hand.
    In November before we had vaccinations available we had 70+ residents and 60+ staff get Covid. We lost 29 residents, some in relatively good health and young. I mean they are in a nursing home so stating young for us is late 60’s up to about 85. We have 4 residents over 100. A lot of the deaths were the 60-70 year olds. A couple of the Centarians survived. Some of our staff were very sick. We felt we were going to lose a lot more, but thankfully the vaccination became available to the staff by mid December and to the residents in early January.

Currently about 80% of our residents and 91% of our staff are vaccinated and even when we had a couple of cases in June there were very minor symptoms. Both cases in June were in people vaccinated and 1 had had Covid previously.
    The vaccine won’t guarantee you won’t get it or pass it around but it does make the outcome less severe or deadly if you do get it.

Some of our staff had sore arms, tiredness and flu like symptoms for a couple of days, the majority of us though didn’t have anything. I personally had no effect the first dose and a sore arm at the injection site after the second.

I did not want it and we weren’t forced to (that’s illegal here) but I decided that I would have been angry if staff in my Mom’s home didn’t get it and she got it from their decision. I wouldn’t want any family member to be able to hold me responsible for their loved ones illness or death.

I believe it has helped the severe outcomes.

Tracey.

TRACEY thanks for that information. That seems to give a clear idea from personal experience.

KELLY - in terms of personal experience, I felt like I got a punch in the arm the day after shot 1, and needed to sleep very quickly for 4hours and possibly tired afterwards (but I'm often tired so it's hard to say). I felt nothing for shot 2 and also possibly tired in following days.

MACHKA I really do take it easy quite a bit at present. I think I would be ready to retire and have a lazy retirement if that were a reasonable option! I have not been very regularly active since 1St prison-like lockdown, so...spending time off immobile as well is a questionable choice, health-wise.

I used to go to the mountains tons earlier on before I got into beach. But there is higher radiation in higher altitudes and not much tree cover (from my experience where I've been). I love it. But maybe shorter or more tree filled mountains ?

Today I got up early to go to sea at sunrise, (around 7am) 5 min walk, came back to rest, breakfast. I had booked a walking tour 1h at 10 amto learn about the history (since I couldn't go to the sea). I went to an AWESOME walking tour last year nearby. Today's was a BUST! (the "visit" was very young guy taking us to 3 standing points -first in parking lot for a long time- over an hour, half-reading the 6-12 pages of plastic folder). Though there were a few interesting points. It was sort of like someone just reading wikipedia for an hour with 3 different standing points. He clearly didn't know much. I give him points for being young and developing his skills. He's probably an intern or volunteer, (high school or early college) presumably doing this particular tour for the 1st or 2nd time. Then after that great effort I went for coffee, then tea, reading paper and chatting with nice couple giving me couple giving me good tips, then rest for past 2 hrs! I may go see a library. If I had not this sun thing I would be lying on the beach! period: reading lazing, sleeping, dipping into the English Channel. I'm not convinced it's ideal to be prone for 20h a day, so I go walk about a bit. They recommended a nice redone library, good places to eat- 1 restaurant, 1 bakery, 1 ice cream place!

TRACEY
    In terms of medical people reading psychosomatic things into physical things-
    I had this experience 2x very clearly at around late 30s early 40s.
    1) First the naturopathic tendency dr, because I was tired, wanted to put me on natural anti-depressants. But blood tests came back saying I had 2 of ferritin (extremely low!). When I went back A MONTH LATER she said that it was the lowest she had ever seen and she ALMOST called me to tell me. So rather than calling me to let me know I seriously needed to take iron supplements she left me a month with dangerously low ferritin, and the (she told me) false notion that I might need anti-depressants. She had been recommended but I didn't keep going to her!

2) after this bug caught in Asia, after a year I never totally got better, was tired, and then started having major intestinal issues. most everything went right through me all the time. the runs major for 2 months at least. no known cause. Getting specialised blood tests, the specialist (who became very famous later- but not as a doctor, as a polititician - not very successful!) said maybe I was tired because I was feeling low. I said, no I think it's more that I was feeling low because I was so tired. It was very clear back then. Because if it was just emotional, going out and getting exercise with friends would do the trick. But then, getting exercise and walking around with a friend would leave me totally wiped out. it was clear. A few weeks later some specialist in a non related area, when I told her I was sensitive to gluten suggested I eliminate gluten totally for 2 weeks. Done, the runs were gone, deficiencies gone (including life-long moderate to high iron deficiency since my teens!), exhaustion gone!

This is not about therapy but it connects to your physical experience and being wrongly oriented towards psych solution.

I also agree sometimes psych approaches can be great!

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Good morning all:

Not a lot to report here. Work still trying to figure out what to do with current surge. Probably won't change much in terms of protocols. We still have reduced numbers working on site, people still distancing fairly well. Masks are not required, some wear them all the time. I wear one in larger meetings (especially with people I don't know vaccine status). It's all a bit tiring, but when you look at pandemics through history, this one is acting pretty normally. At least we have some tools available now. Will do my bit to try not to catch or spread but not lock myself up in a cave!

No smoking still going well. Eating a touch more than I should but no more weight gain. Working on nudging it down. Still exercising regularly. Heat is keeping most things inside this week.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

I just saw today that masks are required everywhere outside in this beachside town I'm staying at. (they are not required in the big city!) I am glad I decided NOT to prolong my stay for now.
    Congratulations on your smoking! That is no mean feat. I know it's an ongoing progress, but every day is a step in the right direction. And also with stabilising weight, and keeping up exercise.

What is the longest you could work if you didn't want to retire? What are the pros and cons of retiring sooner and later. Some people really seem to prefer to or want to work longer and others (possibly less, around me) seem to prefer stopping earlier. It depends on so many things. Here if working for the public sector the maximum working age is 67 in most cases if I'm not mistaken. There are some variations, exceptions. I know for some they feel it's quite early and are not really eager to stop working. Others how ever are looking at retiring earlier than maximal age. A friend who's about 60 is thinking of retiring next year or so even though her retirement will be quite low. she wants to enjoy life and people around her and finds work a hindrance (even though she likes her work!). She has a very elderly mom and siblings who live in another country and wants to have time to hike, have dinner in the yard and things like that.

KELLY Apparently my siblings were at odds because one didn't want to get vaccinated and two others were angry at her about that. There's a lot of family context too long to explain!

BARBARA congratulations on the SV!!! thanks for the reminder about tooooooo many carbs = fatigue!

MACHKA I like my job but I hate the politics around it. I think this is not an unusual position for working in higher ed. I think many if not most of my colleagues feel the same way (except if they are sick with power politics, or completely disconnected and on the fringe like an adjunct often is....It's really rich working with students, and truly many colleagues are lovely, but there is also a wicked political manoeuvring - I think inheritant to the field and quite possibly worse in this country than in the usa - not sure!- the successful are often maneovuering to get a budget, a position, a this a that, an ally advanced, and in opposition will sometimes even lie or bend the truth - against others to maintain their control on something. I was on a commission for 2 years and a very political commission member would tell outright lies about people to try to get other members to vote the way she wanted them to vote (for certain colleagues and against others), this largely in a game of her scratching their backs so they scratch hers in some other way OR just out of sense of pure power or of moving forward her own allies...(this from a tenured teacher less than 5 years from retirement who has little at risk!)

I see my effort is WAY low compared to what it was 5 and 10 years ago. I kind of want out of the "game", but still have 9 years and 2 days to go! ;)
  • Machka9
    MACHKA I really do take it easy quite a bit at present. I think I would be ready to retire and have a lazy retirement if that were a reasonable option! I have not been very regularly active since 1St prison-like lockdown, so...spending time off immobile as well is a questionable choice, health-wise.

I used to go to the mountains tons earlier on before I got into beach. But there is higher radiation in higher altitudes and not much tree cover (from my experience where I've been). I love it. But maybe shorter or more tree filled mountains ?

I'm not convinced it's ideal to be prone for 20h a day, so I go walk about a bit.

If I were in France (and I have spent a bit of time there on a few occasions), I would be cycling and hiking.

There are so many lovely cycling routes.

https://en.eurovelo.com/

I've done part of the Rhine route, part of the Rhone route, part of the Atlantic Coast route, and bits and pieces of others.

My husband and I talked several times of getting a cottage for several months near Royan to go to a French school and cycle the Atlantic Coast route and surrounding area, like down to Lacanau Ocean and over to Bordeaux

And then there are all the mountains for hiking!

We stayed over the border in Switzerland for 10 days and loved it! We were only planning to stay a couple nights but kept extending.

My idea of rest and rejuvenation involves a day of quite strenuous physical activity (cycling, hiking, running) and then resting in the evening and treating myself to something nice to eat, then resting a day and seeing the sights, then something strenuous the next day, and alternating. Even though I don't have France (and Switzerland) to play in, I try to do that here as much as possible. Even on my 3-day weekends.

I find the exercise burns off frustrations and puts me in a better mood and then I rest better.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    I see my effort is WAY low compared to what it was 5 and 10 years ago. I kind of want out of the "game", but still have 9 years and 2 days to go! ;)

Retirement age for me right now is 67 but they keep raising it so who knows what it will be when I get closer to that. I could conceivably just keep doing what I'm doing until then or longer, and I may have to. It wouldn't be terrible, but I would like the opportunity to spend more time doing what I'd like to do.

Meanwhile, my first goal is to get to the 10-year mark. That's when I can start getting long-service leave. So in addition to the usual 4 weeks of annual leave + my 10 days of purchased leave + every other Friday off, I think I'd get an additional 2 or 4 weeks off. I haven't really looked into it because I'm not quite there yet, but I've passed the point where I start accumulating it now and I'm getting close to that 10-mark.

Assuming that the virus has moved on by then, I might be able to take a month or so and go to Canada ... at last!! :) But that is still 2 or 3 years away.

M in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    edited August 2021
    Julie - I can't see mine on Amazon now, but there are thousands on there, including ones with neck flaps. I look like a complete idiot in mine and DH hates it, but I don't care. :p
    My swimming outfit I got from Amazon too and it's perfect for outdoor swimming. Long sleeves, long legs. No cream needed. I needed it for snorkeling in Egypt. They are saying that suncream is killing sea life. :#

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx