NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    @theslightedgeforever wellvthe temps are forecasted for 31C and 33C so yes beer probably be in the plan. lol. Depending on weather possible a golf game, watch the CFL game on Saturday night. And the rest will just be R&R

Will get in squats today then this afternoon off to my daughters gymnastics building to finish getting it set up. Our club switched building in June so has been amornof cleaning and set up.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @renaegry Have fun at the lake and keep on squatting! :grin:

@trooworld Looking at your food diary is interesting. I don’t think I can offer very much because looking at your daily carb count kind of freaks me out. :D Do you drink a glass of wine every night or most nights? From what I hear the body has to burn off alcohol first before it will move into your glycogen and then fat stores. It’s why I gave up wine even though I miss it so!! :'(

@trooworld that is probably a really good time to go to the gym since it’s after the morning people and before the after-work rush. I can’t imagine having to work out in a mask! :o

@cbabie Where you at, girl!! :*

Hello all! I started my new workout program today and it was killer but good. I’m really going to try to stick it out for the full 8 weeks, give it my all, and see what happens. My eating is all pre-tracked and I’m still on target to get in the 170s by Friday. Fingers crossed!! :grin: This evening DH and I are going up to the church to see an audition for a new worship pastor. I sure wish we could settle this matter. OK, I’m off to get my afternoon coffee, work my puzzle, and listen to a podcast that I heard was good. :)
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Okay I lost my whole post...ugh I hate the Apple computer sometimes..So this will be short.

I am sorry I was MIA, didn't realize it was so long. (or you guys just talk a lot). LOL. Monday was Baby girl 3rd birthday, so I had cake, but I did use my bands and my chest is sore. I did go for a bike ride last night, but eating hasn't been all that good, but I have been tracking.

Cbabie
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Well plans changed today so decided to Get off my butt and did 45 min of 3.6 walking on the treadmill. Then did squat challenge followed by 3 sets of shoulder presses. Been ages since I have done anything remotely physical
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @theslightedgeforever Oh no, miniature definitely, and sugar-free. Yeah, I'm glad I just ate the grapes. What happened with the end of the day eating?

@TeresaW1020 Hahahaha! Yeah, I'm not really a low-carb eater but I do eat fewer carbs than some people. ;) Yes, I drink a wine spritzer (diet 7up + wine) every night. I don't think I will give it up, it's better than eating to relax! :) Yeah, I'm considering wearing a mask at the gym even though I'll be gasping for air. We'll see. You are doing great with the tracking! Fingers crossed and ((( SKINNY VIBES ))) for tomorrow's weigh-in! Good luck with finding the new worship pastor.

@cbabie Oh no! That sucks. Happy birthday to baby girl! I'm glad that even though you've had blips on your weight loss journey, you are continuing to track. Well done!

@renaegry Well done!

Hi all. Yesterday was a really good day eating-wise. I stuck to what I had planned except for some slices of yellow bell pepper with dinner. I'm going to post my food for yesterday, I will continue to post my food for the rest of the week and then I will stop. I don't want to annoy you guys too much but I value your feedback lol. Today I am working from home and tonight is boxing class.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS

dd067ji4smwl.png
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited August 2021
    @renaegry When do you all start having lower temps? Is there someplace beautiful to go for a walk? Yaaay on the treadmill walk and the shoulder presses. Didn't it feel good? I can hear the song "Let's Get Physical"

@teresaw1020 I laughed at your comment over troo's carb counts. I know my daughter would look at the fat grams and freak out. Yet she has lost 22 lbs just watching that category. All plans work if you work the plan. It's just a matter of coming up with the best plan for your body. What makes you energetic; what fits into your lifestyle; etc. Did you like the pastor? It reminded me of my dad trying out for churches. When I was in Washington state, I was reminded that my dad had a choice between Spokane and E. Peoria, IL. How different my life would have been if he had chosen Washington.

@cbabie Happy Birthday to baby girl. So keep up all the good exercise and now start working on the food. Has ALL your food been bad or are you doing black and white thinking here. Give yourself credit for good food choices along the day. So tracking has become a habit. Good for you. What new habit do you want to work on?

@trooworld Nighttime eating: It was right as I was walking to bed actually. All day long I was just "hungry" thinking about food. It started with looking at a chocolate recipe someone had posted on FB. But I made it through the day. Choosing my preplanned lunch, dinner and snack. But the choc was still there in the back of my mind. So I went to the closet and grabbed 2 mini milkyways but then ended up with some whoppers as well. It would have been better to talk back to the craving saying I can have this tomorrow and put it in my food diary for the following day but I didn't. I'd be right there with you wearing a mask at the gym if I had to. What do you want me to look at in particular with your food diary? Because I know you are counting points. But did you stop that? The food diary looks good to me with your choices of fruits and vegetables. Your protein looks good.

I tried to go to the gym yesterday but the key fob at my dd's apt gym wouldn't work. So I ended up walking instead. I'll try again today.

157/164 Yellow
    35 minute walking
    25% water

• cbabie
    Morning all, I have already been out of the house. Still drinking my coffee and trying to decide what exercise I will do today. It is muggy bad here, flash flood warnings out, etc. My TM started working, but it got rained on again last night. I covered it up this morning..going to see later if it will still work. I love my TM and will eventually get a new one, when I have a place inside for it LOL

@trooworld I was thinking on plan but a bell pepper? That is more than I could ever say for me...if I go off plan, it's always something sweet or full of carbs. LOL. Great job!! I need to do better at pre planning. LOL

@TeresaW1020 I have a puzzle going too..trying to keep busy when I get bored. Sounds like you have your week preplanned...good job. Hope you get a good worship pastor. I tell you music sets the tone. LOL

@theslightedgeforever Hope you get into the gym today, but great job on walking!! I need to start consistency with my exercise..

@renaegry my plans are always changing.LOL. good job on the MOVEMENT... I can never do squats..knees crack pop and are just not made for them. LOL

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    @cbabie I’m sure Baby Girl loved her birthday! What kind of cake? I LOVE cake!! Puzzles are such a great way to keep busy. :)

@trooworld I like seeing your food diary. But then I’m really nosy. :D I think you had a great day yesterday. You got in lots of different nutrients and made good choices! Yeah, I’m looking forward to bringing back my wine spritzers. <3

@theslightedgeforever Yes, all plans do work if you work the plan and it’s the right plan for your body and lifestyle. My associate pastor just went vegan for health reasons. Heart disease runs rampant in the men of his family and he had all the markers for it and just turned 30 years old. We talked today about how he is feeling great and losing weight by cutting all animal products and fat and I said how I feel my best when I cut the carbs. Ohhh your dad so should have chosen Spokane. I lived there as a kid. So pretty! :)

Hello! Today’s staff meeting was extra long as we talked about the audition last night and a ton of other stuff. We all liked this young man, but he is too inexperienced. Then the guy who has been filling in for us, finally announced that he would like the position. That made the staff very happy and hopefully, the personnel committee will agree. :grin: We talked about Covid and what to do in the event that things get worse here. Our Youth pastor’s wife works at the hospital and our ICU is full of Covid patients. It’s so frustrating not knowing how to plan and yet we have no choice but to plan as if life will continue. We have Sunday school, Wednesday nights, and ladies Bible study all starting in the next week. My opinion is that we carry on and see what happens down the road. :/ I did my squat challenge, and my eating is great today. I’m really hoping for a good weigh-in tomorrow but who knows. The scale was up this morning and I know it’s because of the new workout program I started and the heavyweights.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all..I am still around. Took the gkids home about 3 weeks ago, & am trying to get back with my program. Just have to figure out what my program is, lol. Right now I am reading Prime Time Health. It is similar to the plant based ones I have read, but he thinks you need more fish in your diet. You all are doing great!!

@TeresaW1020 I admire your commitment to exercise, I need to be more committed like that. I have been getting 8-10,000 steps, but know I need to start some strength training, too. You would probably really freak at my carb counts, lol.

@cbabie Hope your TM keeps working. I would rather walk outside, but when it is really hot (like this week) or really cold, I don't mind the TM. I just put the tv on or read a book.

@trooworld I think your food pages look good..& a pepper would not fix a craving for me, lol. I have started wearing a mask in stores again. Don't like it, but don't like the numbers either.

@theslightedgeforever Does your dd live near the hills in Rochester? They have some doozies there, lol. I always liked visiting there when my sister lived there. Also, my Mom was in assisted living there until she passed. Good job keeping with your food & exercise when on vacation.

Well, both gkids in OK were exposed last week. She on a GS trip & he at Zoo camp. But their last exposure was last Friday, so think they might both be OK since no symptoms. They need to monitor for 10 days, but they don't need to quarantine unless symptoms. Good thing because they start school today. Then Dh & I had a possible exposure by someone who's convinced he just had a cold. We are laying low for awhile anyway, just in case. Today is day 5 since we saw him, so think we are OK, too, if it was Covid.

Well, heading down to the treadmill for awhile so I can get a few calories today. I made zucchini chocolate cake & would like some today. (I skipped it yesterday because felt full & also no calories for it. Yay me!)

Been SO HOT & HUMID here lately! Supposed to cool down tonight for about a week..only in the 80's. Can't wait!!

• trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever That stinks that that happened. But you know what? Today is a new day and you can try again. I am still counting points, I am doing both at the same time. Yeah, I just wanted you guys to take a general look to see if I was missing something. That's good you went walking when the key fob wouldn't work. Well done!

@cbabie Bummer about it raining on your treadmill again. That's good you covered it up. How have you been doing? Tracking? Yeah, that bell pepper was a last-minute addition to my dinner lol. Thanks!

@TeresaW1020 HAHAHAHA! Thanks. Yeah, I really enjoy a spritzer. On the weekends, I might have 2-3. That's good that the person filling in wants the job. It's a tough decision, the COVID thing. Only you guys know what's right for your community. That's great that you had a good day! Well done!

@RetiredAndLovingIt Good to hear from you! Oh that pepper, that was just an addition to dinner that I hadn't pre-tracked so I threw it in unplanned foods lol. It wouldn't fix a craving for me, either! Yeah, I wear a mask in public except for the gym, but that may change soon. I hope your gkids are okay and continue to have no symptoms. Zucchini chocolate cake sounds amazing! It's been hot and humid here, too. I feel like I'm in the south! LOL

Hi all. Thanks for your feedback on my food diary. I had a really good day yesterday. The only snack I had was a light cheese stick. OH wait, I forgot those Popcorners I got into lol. Well, it was a pretty good day. I went to the gym and it was a hard workout but I survived. The scale is down several pounds this morning, I hope it holds for tomorrow's weigh-in. Had a good dinner last night: mango chicken salad. It was a bed of lettuce, some chicken, some mango, some caramelized onions, some avocado, and balsamic vinaigrette. Absolutely one of my favorite salads. Here's my diary from yesterday...

13cj8uu3osd4.png
  • theslightedgeforever
    @cbabie What if you started by just preplanning your breakfast every day for this week. Then next week preplan breakfast and lunch When that becomes a habit you can add dinner and then snacks.

@teresaw1020 I think vegan would be a very hard plan for me. Good job on your squat challenge. it would be fun to see in virtual reality what my life would have looked like in Spokane. Married to a hot lumberjack? Sorry to hear about the ICU in your area. I worry about the children. One of my friends lost 3 family members this week.

@retiredandlovingit You made me laugh out loud with your comment to teresa about your carb counts. Your book sounded interesting. That would have to be something I would gradually work into. I'm so much better than before though. Lots of f&v added into my plan this week. Not that the scale shows anything. But I'm working on behavior change. Hoping a scale change comes soon. My dd lives in Rochester. Only some slight hills I've seen.

@trooworld Your diary looks good. Woohoo on the scale. Even if not the official scale. It still counts. What are your plans for the weekend?

Be back soon
  • TeresaW1020
    @RetiredAndLovingIt Good to see you back! I’ve been harping at my hubby to do more strength training. It’s so important for you as you age! I’m sure I would freak out with your carb count since your focus is on a plant-based diet. I average around 30 net carbs a day and most of that comes from veggies. :)

@trooworld Your food diary looks good! I heard a doctor say that we should aim for a minimum of 30 grams per meal for best absorption. That Mango chicken salad sounds wonderful! My fingers and toes are crossed that you are going to have a great weigh-in this week!! B)

@theslightedgeforever Yeah, being a vegan would be very hard for me too. If I lived alone, I would probably go mostly carnivore with veggies. Lots of steak and seafood! <3 My cousin who lives in California has been suffering from a very bad case of Covid for two weeks now. Her husband got it last year and it was a mild case, and she didn’t catch it from him so of course foolishly thought she was immune and didn’t get vaccinated. She sure is singing a different tune now. :/ Mmmm lumberjacks!!

Hello! Well, it happened!! I finally hit a huge milestone as you can see from the pic. I was so happy this morning. :grin: I haven’t weighed in the 170s since I was probably 17 and maybe not even then. I honestly have no idea. I am very determined to stay out of the 180s from now on, so I’m watching my calories and macros closely. I went to work and did a bunch of extra cleaning in the main building today and now I’m heading in to do a Barre Blend booty workout and my squat challenge. I only have to do 55 regular squats and 55 squats to releve. Thank God that tomorrow is a rest day for the challenge. I need it! :D

lw16lmir20vu.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited August 2021
    OK, I'm back. Hubby wanted to go out to breakfast. I had 1/3 a gyro omelet, one piece of toast and half a fruit cup. plus one fried egg. My hubby forgot to tell them scrambled. I love sopping up the yolk with my toast. So I offered him half my omelet for it. Then gave him more of my omelet.

@teresaw1020 I am dancing with you. What a great milestone. I got to see the 170s briefly in end of 2019. I hadn't been there in probably 25 years. But then covid came and you all know the rest of that story. So back to it. I keep flirting with almost 200 now. I could kick myself.

I got into the gym. Whoopee! I switched the key fobs in the a.m. before my dd went to work. She didn't know. A lady was in there so I wore my mask for the 10 min I was on the elliptical. She was unmasked and I don't know vaccinated or not. Not taking any chances with my lungs. I don't really like the elliptical but didn't want to get on the treadmills next to her. lol My hubby took the one furthest so I said I guess elliptical it is. My physical therapist wants me to do that anyway instead of just always walking. But I was really glad when she left.

150/164 yellow
    10 min elliptical, 24 min treadmill, 20 min weights
    50% water
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks. We are celebrating our anniversary by going to the Pageant of the Masters: https://www.foapom.com/ today and then tomorrow, we are going to the AKC Meet the Breeds event (a dog thing where you can meet and play with over 100 different breeds of dogs): https://www.akc.org/sports/akc-meet-the-breeds/ Your breakfast sounds delicious. Good idea to give hubby some of your omelet. I don't blame you for wearing a mask at the gym. I ordered some linen masks to wear at boxing. I hope they are enough protection, linen is so breathable but maybe too much so. Good job increasing the water!

@TeresaW1020 30 grams of...fiber? Thanks for looking at my diary. The mango chicken salad is definitely a favorite. We made it up after having something similar at a local restaurant. That's too bad about your cousin, I hope she's okay. CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING TO THE 170s!!! I'm so proud of you!

Hi all. I'm happy to report that I am down 5.8 lbs this morning from last week! I guess my muscles finally released the fluids they were holding. I also snacked less and when I snacked, made sure it was on healthy foods. I am very happy. Today, we are going to the Pageant of the Masters for our anniversary. It's an event where they recreate famous paintings with actors on stage. It's very cool. We are bringing a picnic (a charcuterie board) and some beverages. Tomorrow, we are going to the AKC Meet the Breeds, a show where you can meet and play with over 100 different breeds of dogs. I'm very excited about both! But first, I must go get stuff for the charcuterie board and then go to boxing. Here's my food diary from yesterday. Today should be quite different.

5n8dig322cka.png
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld WOOHOO on your whoosh. You must be so happy. That Pageant of the Masters sounds fun. I would enjoy that. You food diary looks good today. Sodium is way down. Your plan is working. Keep working it.

I'm off to Minneapolis for the day.

176/238
    8 min walk (parked away from the place I was going)
    25% water
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I had a day yesterday. I had started to post and thought I did, when I was able to get back to my computer this morning the post was still sitting here...LOL. So I deleted it..old news. Well we had a STORM last night, so I am sure my TM won't have survived, but I am praying and will try it in a couple of days if we don't get more rain. When the storm blew in last night about 9pm, I ran outside to take care of patio furniture and stuff and was so cold and wet, I said oh well to the TM. I got up this morning and the. pool is full to the top, the babies play kitchen is turned over, her stand with all her dishes and toys sideways..lots of mud...UGH. and we have 45% chance of rain today..so I am not going to even try to clean. LOL Did better on food, but still no exercise.

@trooworld Congrats on the loss!!! You weekend sounds exciting. I hope you and DH have a great weekend..

@TeresaW1020 So sorry to hear about your cousin, glad and excited for you on the loss. YEA, you are getting your groove. Glad to hear about the worship director...since they know him, hopefully all is confirmed.

@RetiredAndLovingIt Hopefully no one gets COVID, glad you are getting back to your routine. I never liked walking outside, until I started taking baby girl for walks..So it's a toss up with me. LOL

@theslightedgeforever I hope you enjoy your day today. Have fun.

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever Well you just keep at it and you too will be doing the happy 170s dance! :grin: I used to love the elliptical when I was going to the gym. It is a serious workout. Mmmm I love a good runny yolk! :)

@trooworld Happy anniversary!! What a cool way to celebrate. I hope you have a wonderful time. I would love to go play with all those dogs!! Wahoooo on your awesome weight loss!! I told you that your body just needed to get adjusted to the workouts. :grin: Let me know how you like those linen masks. As you know, all I care about is being allowed into a store and if Savannah is still under a mask mandate in October I will have to have something breathable or I will be super grouchy, and no one wants that on their anniversary. Especially my hubby! :D And sorry that I didn’t clarify what 30 grams I was talking about. It was protein. Most experts say that we can only absorb 30 grams of protein at a time so we should aim for that for each meal. Since I only do two meals I try for at least 50 just to be on the safe side of things. ;)

@cbabie Bummer about your TM. If it does work then you need to at least get a heavy-duty plastic cover for it. I don’t like those big storms. We had one the other day and it knocked out our modem at the church so we won’t be able to live stream tomorrow because they can’t come out until Wednesday. Most annoying! :/

Hello everyone! My scale was down a little more this morning, which thrilled me because I was expecting it to bounce back up like it normally does after a new all-time low number. Today is a day off from the squat challenge and I’m thankful. I did my regular program, and it was all I could do to make my body give its best effort. Tomorrow is a break from that, and I need it. I made a yummy chicken salad for dinner tonight and did some laundry. The rest of the day is me chilling at my newest puzzle and watching something mindless. :)
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever I am happy! The Pageant of the Masters, it was incredible. Most of the time, I couldn't tell who was an actor and who was part of the painting. It was really cool. They ended with the Last Supper. We loved it. Yeah sodium was way down but I bet yesterday it went through the roof: we had that charcuterie at the event. I SHOULD have tracked things as best as I could but instead, I didn't track dinner at all. I will try to track it later today. I hope you have fun in Minneapolis.

@cbabie Oh dear, sorry about your day. I hope your TM survives. Thanks, so far we are having a great weekend!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! I know, I am so excited to play with the dogs! Yes, it seems like you were right about the workouts. I will let you know about the masks. Oh, thanks for the info about the protein. That's interesting. Congrats on the scale being further down! Enjoy your mindless day.

Hi all. The Pageant of the Masters was so cool. We had our little picnic charcuterie on a rock sitting area in the venue and then enjoyed the show. It was really nice because nobody was on either side of us, just in front of us. They finished the show with The Last Supper. It was amazing! Today is the AKC Meet the Breeds event. I'm so looking forward to it. We are going to lunch afterward. I hope to talk my husband into going for sushi.

• TeresaW1020
    @trooworld, what a fun day you had. I would have loved to see the Pageant of Masters. And I can't wait to hear all about the AKC event. Did you get your sushi? :grin:

Hello! Well, I'm most annoyed because I think I'm coming down with a cold. I felt it last night when I woke up to a stuffy nose and as I sit here at my computer this afternoon doing work, I can tell that I'm just not right and my nose is sneezy and runny. Ugghhh!! :s On a happier note, I joined a new challenge yesterday that is still part of the Marty Kendall world. It's called Nutritional Optimization Masterclass. It is a six-week intensive course that steps you through the process of optimizing your macro and micronutrients. "The goal of the masterclass is to give the participants the knowledge and support to find the foods and meals they enjoy and will enable them to continue to move towards their goals." It comes with an app that will sync with the food tracker Cronometer and I will still be poking my finger before and after every meal for at least the first week. I decided to do it because I've never been this close to goal weight in my life and I want to do whatever I can to set myself up for the long-term success of keeping my weight off. Plus, I love being a part of Marty's FB groups and the DDF challenge doesn't happen again until October 9th. :grin:

• theslightedgeforever
    @cbabie Hooray that you did better on food. Baby steps. I saw a city about an hour from you that is very flooded. weather is crazy these days. They probably don't have good city drainage cause it's not usually needed. Good idea about investing in a treadmill cover.

@teresaw1020 While I'm doing better on my carbs, my cals have been over a couple of days a week and it's showing on the scale. I'm still basically maintaining from when I came to MN. I'm still taking that as a win compared to the past. Although that is probably my problem. I've confused my brain. Part is happy I haven't gained and part wants to lose. I'm staying longer than I usually would since I didn't get to visit in 2020. So about another week of this maintenance celebrating and I'm going to have to shut it down and turn the brain on losing 100%. I totally skipped the part about your cousin. How is she doing? Too focused on your 170s. Yaaay on more weight loss. You'll be getting away from that 180 ledge down to safer territory. Anything good you are watching? We're watching the little side shows from Marvel that are on Disney+ Just finished Wandavision and now we have started the one with Falcon and Bucky/Captain America. Dd says we have to watch them in order to gain the little teasers and clues we are supposed to get. I just say ok. But then ask every day, can we watch Loki? lol

@trooworld ok never SHOULD on yourself. That whole prelude could have been left off and just "I didn't track at all." Just piling on some extra guilt there. Lesson learned and you can try again next time. Did you go back and enter anything in? I'm glad you enjoyed your outing.

Back from Minneapolis. We went to pick up my dd's first new car. She was excited. I didn't expect to be sitting in the car dealer for almost 5 hours but it was so busy. Good thing was I didn't get to eat lunch. For celebration she wanted to go to Cheesecake Factory. I did well and ordered the skinnylicious White Chicken Chili and ate 1/4 of it. Oh just realized I didn't log my edamame. I had one samosa too. Oh and bread/butter. Shoot now I bet I'm over. lol See why accountability to this group is a good thing. I tracked it when we got home but forgot about those other things. I also tracked the 1/3 of the cheesecake piece I had. That didn't slip my mind at all.

I'm headed out soon to a park for a summer concert.

I'll let you know tomorrow what my adjusted totals were.