Weight No More - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Replies

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    IDebraK wrote: »
    Sorry for the late weigh-in.
    My excuse is that my granddaughter was born. <3
    I got a little pre-occupied with the balloons and bows and flowers.
    I DID weigh in. I just forgot to post it.
    Anyway ....
    IDEBRAK
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW: 148.4
    CW: 147.8

Congrats! On the baby and the weightloss.
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    A small update on the charity walk.
    I managed to complete the first day, the full 50k - 60.000 steps. Getting up in the morning yesterday, when all the adrenaline was gone, I realized I had blood filled blisters on my toes and my hip seemed to be fused at the joints. I had no choice but to quit, unfortunately. Hubby did the second day and he managed to gather 130.000 steps in two days - the full 100km. I followed him by bike to encourage him and also to get a little movement back in my hips. Regardless of the blisters, we had fun, we met some crazy people en we enjoyed being outdoors....
    I think a big WOW is in order. I can manage about 15,000-20,000 tops. 50,000! My hip tries to fuse or dislocate without all that walking. You ROCK!
    kaj848 wrote: »
    Kaj848
    Thursday
    week 2
    pw: 160.0
    cw 159.2
    Finally hit my goal to be in the 150s again! Yay! Next mini goal to is get to 157 which would be my pre-pregnancy weight from this baby. (End goal is 147ish)

Yay! You'll get there in no time!
    August Week Two
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 211.4 (August 5th)
    CW (Current Weight): 208.4 (August 12th)

Super!
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    NSV I’m in a size 10! 😁. Double in they were 50 cents at good will.
    Don’t mind Oliver he has to be wherever I am.

Awesome NSV! And why would we mind Oliver? He's welcome, anytime.
    @hope002 you look great gal! Good for you.

I second this.
    August Week Two
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW (Previous Weight): 250.3 (August 5th)
    CW (Current Weight): 250.2 (August 12th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 10.2 lbs

I guess it was bad timing on my decision to eat exercise calories last night. I was at a new low yesterday 247.2. I started a 5k training plan last week and last night I started to feel real hungry. Normally my 1600 calorie diet (1000 cal deficit) was filling me up. Adding a 500 to 1000 exercise calorie deficit was taking the weight off quick for a few days. Hunger won last night at about 11 when i was trying to get to sleep. That did not help the weigh in this am. At least it was a healthy late night snack. Today I'll add at least some of the ecercise calories in throughout the day. Hopefully that helps me do a lot better on weight loss next week.

Comments and or advice are appreciated.

You know ... It is still a loss. Some days you need more than others. And that's okay. I can't judge...I've been eating all the food the past couple...what is it Ashley says? Oh yeah: hydrate! That can also help when you want a snack in the night. Drink 6-8 oz of water and wait 10ish mins...
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    IDebraK wrote: »
    Sorry for the late weigh-in.
    My excuse is that my granddaughter was born. <3
    I got a little pre-occupied with the balloons and bows and flowers.

Oh my goodness, congrats! Don't even worry about posting late. Way to go on the weight loss, too!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Username: lennoncpa
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Last week's weight: 137.6
    Current weight: 138.8
    Steps: 55,563

Sorry team. I wasn’t doing well this week. For some reason I was extra hungry every day 🤪
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    Weigh Day
    Username: 1theresamcvean
    Weigh-in week: Week 2
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    Starting weight: 177.4
    Last weigh-in: 150.6
    Today's weight: 149.6
    Loss to date: 27.8
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    lennoncpa wrote: »

Sorry team. I wasn’t doing well this week. For some reason I was extra hungry every day 🤪

Clogging?
  • melaniedscott
    lennoncpa wrote: »

I've been eating all the foods this week, too. I will want something, hear Ashley say, Hydrate!, I drink a glass of water. Then I eat everything anyway.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott
    Sat Weigh-in
    PW: 200.5
    CW: 199.8

This has been such a week. I'd say I'm glad it's over but I'm pretty sure it will start back up on Monday.

Yup. I said this last week, too. Groundhog week.

Yesterday I ran out of peanut m&m' s and started back in on the jelly beans. That kind of week.
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Kandi3570
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 172.0
    CW 174.0

Steps 65663

🤷‍♀️ I blame the 14 pieces of pizza that I bought Sunday and I thought I’ll eat 2 pieces but I did not. I ate 2 pieces on Sunday I ate some Monday and some Tuesday. Yeah you see where this is going. But also my weight is just jumping around. But my clothes are looser and I’m back in the gym. 168 is the goal stay tuned to see if I get there. Lol
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    @rachelrjh
    Friday
    Pw: 142
    Cw:141 pounds
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 406 Member
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 174.2
    Cw- 173.2

Down 4.8 pounds in 3 weeks since being back on track. I decided to give weight watchers a try as I needed to do something a little different because I just couldn't get back on track. It has been going really well and I hope to lose another 10 to 20 pounds and then learn how to maintain.
  • ha110w33nsp00k
    ha110w33nsp00k Posts: 187 Member
    Hey. I got so busy with taking a shower, getting dressed and drinking water (oops), that I didn’t remember that I needed to weigh-in until just now! With drinking the water, the weight won’t be accurate. I’ll try, again, next Saturday. :)
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Ljdanny
    Week 2
    Thursday
    Pw 187.2
    Cw 187.4
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Well that's not to bad considering I have been on vacation for 2 weeks. I definitely thought I gained more seeing my clothes feel tight. Today I plan on doing nothing but sitting at my pool reading a book. Tomorrow I will do some yardwork and housework. My job is very happy that I am back on Monday. As for me not so much. I was going to go to zumba this morning but I had to watch my granddaughter, maybe if it cools off later I will go for a walk or even hop on my treadmill.
  • Gmcgovern41
    Gmcgovern41 Posts: 43 Member
    @melaniedscott thanks for the feedback on my previous comments

@minstrelofsarcasm thanks for taking on the new role. Its great to have a group like this.
  • Gmcgovern41
    Gmcgovern41 Posts: 43 Member
    Had pizza, five beers and a huge brownie last night. It was fun night with my wife"s family. Gained .8 lbs by this morning at 7 am. By 11 am today I lost 4 lbs after a 5 mi run. All this up and down is confusing.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member

I've been eating all the foods this week, too. I will want something, hear Ashley say, Hydrate!, I drink a glass of water. Then I eat everything anyway.

I do this too. All the time. I often fall into the trap of "Oh, I just drank a giant glass of water, so I must be truly hungry" and then over eat without waiting for the water to actually kick in or determining what I'm actually hungry for. Good times.

Hey. I got so busy with taking a shower, getting dressed and drinking water (oops), that I didn’t remember that I needed to weigh-in until just now! With drinking the water, the weight won’t be accurate. I’ll try, again, next Saturday. :)

I excused you for this week, but you're always welcome to provide a (late) weigh-in tomorrow if you'd still like to see the week-to-week results. You can also just provide the weight anyway and watch a fun drop next week. I'm pretty guilty of posting my bloated weights with the intent of seeing a huge whoosh.

Had pizza, five beers and a huge brownie last night. It was fun night with my wife"s family. Gained .8 lbs by this morning at 7 am. By 11 am today I lost 4 lbs after a 5 mi run. All this up and down is confusing.

The 0.8 lbs was probably from the sodium in the pizza, the water retention needed to counteract the beers, and the sugar in the brownie. The 4 lbs was likely whatever you burned on top of sweating and losing any bloat from the aforementioned foods. Whooshes are always fun to try to figure out :lol:

• ha110w33nsp00k
    ha110w33nsp00k Posts: 187 Member

I do this too. All the time. I often fall into the trap of "Oh, I just drank a giant glass of water, so I must be truly hungry" and then over eat without waiting for the water to actually kick in or determining what I'm actually hungry for. Good times.

I excused you for this week, but you're always welcome to provide a (late) weigh-in tomorrow if you'd still like to see the week-to-week results. You can also just provide the weight anyway and watch a fun drop next week. I'm pretty guilty of posting my bloated weights with the intent of seeing a huge whoosh.

The 0.8 lbs was probably from the sodium in the pizza, the water retention needed to counteract the beers, and the sugar in the brownie. The 4 lbs was likely whatever you burned on top of sweating and losing any bloat from the aforementioned foods. Whooshes are always fun to try to figure out :lol:

THANK YOU!!!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    CW 122.4
    Steps
    Sun 19,028
    Mon 17,503
    Tues 9,522
    Wed 7,054
    Thurs 20,071
    Frid 13,115
    Sar 12,354