WaistAways - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Replies

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    Greetings, Team!

Here's a snapshot of my steps and exercise last week.

0xppygos6vv8.jpg
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 277 Member
    Sorry to miss login last week. I’ve had trouble with the app lately and not being able to log in.
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 277 Member
    PW: 226.4
    Cw: 228.4
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    @happimess01 That is my go to yogurt! I feel it is less sour than a lot of other plain yogurts. I started with the 5% fage plain yogurt which is even less sour. Then worked my way down to that one.

@Steph1498 I have been doing on-demand ballet classes through a website called Everyday Ballet. The lady who runs it is 51 and has lots of great classes for classical ballet. She has some free stuff on YouTube that you can try to get started. I pay the monthly on demand membership. I have a lot of tightness in my hips and some strength imbalances too. Ballet really helps with those issues.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    @ micki48
    What a treat to read that you had your perfect day and are back to hitting those mini goals. Does it get to be a pain in the neck? Yep. Is it worth it? Absolutely!

I was saved by watermelon today. I was seriously tempted by all kinds of evil things while grocery shopping (later than usual in the day, but I got a good workout in before I left at least!). I managed to avoid them, and came home to scarf down some watermelon. It calmed all the silliness and now I can get on with my day!

@lovethyneighbor
    So good you are there - I was worried when you did not drop in on time as usual!

I'm super behind on putting my steps and exercise into the spreadsheet - hope I'm not too late :grimace:@ashleycarole86 I'm running there right now!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    AUGUST WEEK 2 STEP CHALLENGE RESULTS

photo-1571008887538-b36bb32f4571?ixid=MnwxMjA3fDB8MHxwaG90by1wYWdlfHx8fGVufDB8fHx8&ixlib=rb-1.2.1&auto=format&fit=crop&w=1500&q=80

# of participants – 6

WEEK 2 TOP STEPPERS
    #1 @KellyBgetsfit 95,060 (two weeks in a row – keep it up!!!)
    #2 @jugar 93,538
    #3 @ashleycarole86 93,338

WEEK 2 TOP CONSISTENT STEPPERS
    Days meeting daily step pledge
    #1 @ashleycarole86 7/7
    #2 @jugar 6/7
    #3 @Kali225 6/7

Also want to give kudos to the following step challenge teammates who laddered up this week (more steps week 2 than week 1):
    @jugar
    @YinxFed
    @Kali225
    @micki48

We all have something to celebrate!

Together, we walked 478,499 steps this week or 227 miles. This is about the equivalent of the six of us signing up for and completing 73 5K races!!!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 599 Member
    @ashleycarole86 steps for Sun 8/15: 10,479

@jugar the exam in question is Level 1 of the CFA (Charted Financial Analyst). It's not a license per se, I don't actually need it to continue working in my field, but it shows a base level of competency. This is only level 1 of 3 though and I got deferred twice because of Covid. So who knows where I'll get the motivation to continue the program after the best part of 2 years studying!

@DD265 I am with you on the "need to get to sleep earlier and have a good night of it" train. Aiming for 11pm for me tonight, strictly!

I had an unfortunate water leak situation in my bedroom while I was away in NY for July and my landlord has been very on top of getting several roofers to come over an assess. I'm not too concerned about it now but the fun part is that when she stopped by today, she brought me a basket of zucchini and squash from her garden!! I'm so motivated to try some new recipes, but definitely starting with my old favorite zucchini fritters as an appetizer Tuesday night. Also eyeing this little ditty for the 1 butternut she included:http://theseasalt.com/2017/09/28/spicy-butternut-squash-skillet-with-cotija-and-pepitas/

Anyone else absolutely lose it over cotija cheese? [or any cheese. all cheese. mmm cheese.]
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    Ready to roll into Saturday? Let's wrap up the week in style. Here are all the remaining weigh-ins due:

@Steph1498
    @Micki48
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @JourneyAlone
    @evangsimmons170

and @PlaneMonkey on the maintenance crew. Thanks and good night!

CW 361
    This is getting so old!😳😡🙄

Oh I remember that number, it was my starting weight afterall. If I can do it, so can you!

@happimess01 I saw your profile pic. How much weight have you lost? You look great!
  • conleywoods
    @jugar That is very sad about your horses un-retirement! Not very nice to move him away from you either. Glad you survived the grocery store and got home to your watermelon 🍉 😋

@Kali225 That sounds like no fun to study for such a long time! Glad you got some veggies out of your leaky situation.

@micki48 Proud of you my dear! You got this 👍
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    @kali225 yes I add in a mix of strawberries and blueberries. Sometimes, also boiled potatoes. Good luck with the exam! Hope your hard work pays off

@terytha I am hearing great things about that movie, might have to check it out

@jugar I need to stalk your diary for that yogurt now haha. And you are right, randomly assigning a horse sounds crazy to me too. Hope this incident changes things.

@conleywoods It is? I saw the 5% too but decided to jump right in to the .2%

@evangsimmons170 I went from 361 lbs to 197 lbs at present in 14-15 months. I am 6 ft tall :)
  • jugar
    Heads up for a relaxed Tuesday! I love Tuesdays, only 1 weigh-in due :smiley:
    @Kali225

slightly overdue:
    @once_mas

Rolling off to bed - nice and cool again tonight. aaaaaahhhhhh
  • conleywoods
    Today turned out to be pretty busy. Hubby and I got up pretty early and headed out for his physical therapy appointment. I ran to the grocery store during his appointment and picked up stuff for my mother in laws birthday party.

Then my MIL decided it would be fun to go to the mall. My daughter Rhesa went too. We haven't been to the Mall in years. It was fun and we got a decent walk indoors since we still have smoke.

Food wasn't terrible but not great with all the celebration. Lunch was panera 😋 For dinner I made slider burgers which helped with portion control. Then we had those darn chocolate waffles with icecream on top! Tomorrow I WILL BE UNDER CALORIES!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    08/16 exercise: 10,044 steps
    Had to get these in early as I didn't think I'd feel like doing much after the blood donation... meeting target today felt like a big accomplishment!
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Update on my post from yesterday. Putting in a general overview of my meals helps me stay on track. Yesterday I ate different foods and less than what I intended. Logging early helped me to have a “plan” and not just eat whatever was available. So I’m going to try this all week.

@conleywoods - thanks for the info on everyday ballet! I will check her out on YouTube soon 😊
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Happy Tuesday all!

I went to bed straight after work yesterday for 2 hours, then it was almost midnight before we went to bed (combination of Spock wanting snuggles and cross stitch, for me!). I definitely overate yesterday but I am a lot brighter today, helped by getting up at 6.30am to go running though I could've happily stayed in bed when the alarm went off.

I felt like the HR training went easier today. I'm definitely a bit sore (and bruised!) from the sartorius massage yesterday but I thought some of the running periods - before my HR got too high and I had to walk - were longer than on other runs. I also focused on knees up and toes up (so I land with a slightly flatter foot), and made sure to do the warm up and cool down we'd agreed on.

My Tuesday is off to a good start food-wise as well; I had a banana as soon as I got back from running, then my breakfast was a Graze (snack box) lemon and blueberry flapjack which was lovely. For tea we're having curry from the freezer, so I will pre-log that, and then lunch will either be a cold chicken pasta or a chicken and bacon sandwich. Yummy.
  • jugar
    @bowens1973 left for a business trip today so it's quieter than usual around the house. On that note @jugar ... assuming there isn't a scale in his hotel room (lol) then he will be late weighing in by a day as he's not home until Thursday night. Just so you know :)

The blood donation went well, all the extra water and a better meal closer to the donation seemed to make the difference!

No problem for @bowens1973 late weigh-in. Even if there is a scale, it might not be calibrated the same way, so best to wait until he's home again.

This must be WA co-captains giving blood week! I'm going in on Friday. It is the best excuse for eating a cookie ever :wink:
This discussion has been closed.