Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What’s your pet hate at the gym?

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    kchapmanma wrote: »
    Heh, when I read the subject line, my first thought was "There are gyms that let you take your pet with you? Damn, I doubt my cats would be into that, though. Pretty sure they'd hate everything - and me for taking them there." :wink:

You don't take your cat to the bird gym??
  • EMc8800
    EMc8800 Posts: 15 Member
    @nossmf lol I know what you mean, I forgot my headphones the other day and I could not get
    Motivated listening to the gym tunes
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    People that load up the leg press with several 45lbs plates and do a knee bend as a rep for ego boosting. QUIT WASTING USE of 45lbs plate that you can't press!!!!!! Others could use those 45's for legitimate lifts.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    KNoceros wrote: »
    • People who don't wipe the equipment down when they're done.
    • People who don't put their effing weights back!!!!

These.
    And “that guy” who takes 20min breaks between sets but won’t vacate the bench / squat rack / machine to do so preventing others (ok, me) using it.
    But that's relatively easy to fix. You ask to work in, or just stand there and tap your foot. :D

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,427 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    KNoceros wrote: »
    • People who don't wipe the equipment down when they're done.
    • People who don't put their effing weights back!!!!

These.
    And “that guy” who takes 20min breaks between sets but won’t vacate the bench / squat rack / machine to do so preventing others (ok, me) using it.
    But that's relatively easy to fix. You ask to work in, or just stand there and tap your foot. :D

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

so one of my pet peeves are people who, when you ask them to let you work in, look annoyed and act like they're doing you some huge favor instead of apologizing for monopolizing the equipment for 20+ minutes.

Who gives one flying *kitten* what they look like? Just do your work.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    People that walk over the platform I’m on when I’m about to clean or snatch. Had a guy walk into the bar when I stood with it on my shoulders and knock me flying (I’m quite small). Didn’t think he was looking and I couldn’t actually go anywhere so I just stood still and he still walked into the bar.

People that hog the nice bar collars 🤣

These are actually pretty nice (same thing my gym has for general use). I bought a set and keep in my gym bag for when no collars around.

9sy9xrjb315i.png
    Yes they’re the ones I like! The metal spring collars are actually better / stronger but good grief they can be a nightmare to get off. Nothing worse than deadlifting 100kg then struggling for 5 mins to get the blasted collars off whilst my friends kill themselves laughing.