Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge: 9-week challenge (Friday, August 20 - Sunday, October 24)

fitphoenix
fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
Hello, everyone!

We'd like to invite you to join the Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge!

Term 36 will be a 9-week term based on Deathly Hallows. The term will run from Friday, August 20th (with full activities beginning on Monday) through Sunday, October 24th.

Owls with the acceptance or wait list notification should go out on Monday, August 16th and Tuesday, August 17th.

*** If you do NOT join by 11:59 pm ET on Thursday, August 19th or respond to the prefect who contacted you, then your spot will be given to someone else. ***

Feel free to contact a member of the staff with any questions. You may also contact @fitphoenix or @Maalea (Hogwarts’ Headmistresses) to confirm that your application was received.

Feel free to share the application with anyone you think might be interested!

Feel free to leave a post here if you have any questions. You may contact @fitphoenix or @Maalea (Hogwarts’ Headmistresses) to confirm that your application was received. (Make sure you send us a friend request first, or your PM won’t go through.)

We hope to see many of you join us for Term 36. :) If not, good luck with all of your future goals!

Sincerely,
fitphoenix and Maalea
(Headmistresses)

Replies

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,447 Member
    Bump :smile: This is my favourite challenge!
  • Neon_Vampire
    Neon_Vampire Posts: 6,877 Member
    Bump! :)
  • HeatherBBetter
    HeatherBBetter Posts: 49 Member
    Yay! This is right up my alley!
  • HeatherBBetter
    HeatherBBetter Posts: 49 Member
    @fitphoenix I changed my user name after submitting my application. It was MrsBoneyfide. Should I resubmit? Or leave it?
  • bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,501 Member
    I applied and am so excited!!
  • Dawnshealth111
    Dawnshealth111 Posts: 884 Member
    Bump
  • AlmostPerfect_mfp
    AlmostPerfect_mfp Posts: 33 Member
    Really looking forward to this!
  • 50ShadesofTay0925
    50ShadesofTay0925 Posts: 2 Member
    This sounds intriguing!!!🙂
  • Fairhavenqueen
    Fairhavenqueen Posts: 3,497 Member
    I agree, it sounds intriguing. I just sent a friend request, so hopefully I can be added to this challenge in time.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    No Owls. Guess I missed being selected. :'(
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 15,996 Member
    junodog1 wrote: »

I am sorry, but we didn't get an application from you. Did you send one? Maybe the Google form was glitchy? Please fill out the form once again!

For all who applied in the last one or two days: you already have gotten (or will get soon) a friend request from a staff member. Itwill take a few days until you are sorted into a house, but you will get in. We don't have a wait-list this term.
  • Applied! ;)
  • CycleMomOf3
    CycleMomOf3 Posts: 336 Member
    Did you receive my application? Just keep looking out the window for my owl! :smiley:
  • Maalea
    Did you receive my application? Just keep looking out the window for my owl! :smiley:

Yes, you should have gotten a friend request from slimpossible007. Please accept it and then you'll get a message with details. (You have to be friends before you can send a message, if you want to be sure that it gets through...)
  • Maalea
    edited August 2021
    Maalea wrote: »
    junodog1 wrote: »

I am sorry, but we didn't get an application from you. Did you send one? Maybe the Google form was glitchy? Please fill out the form once again!

For all who applied in the last one or two days: you already have gotten (or will get soon) a friend request from a staff member. Itwill take a few days until you are sorted into a house, but you will get in. We don't have a wait-list this term.

@junodog1 Sorry, I was wrong in my post above. We did get your application, and you should have gotten a friend request from one of the Gryffindor prefects. They also sent an email to the address you provided in the application. Please check them out, and follow the links in the email.
  • Fairhavenqueen
    Fairhavenqueen Posts: 3,497 Member
    How about me? Did you get my application? I already accepted slimpossible’s friend request. Where should I check for my OWL?
  • Maalea
    Yes, we got your application (otherwise you wouldn't have gotten a friend request). :)
    You and other late applicants will get your owl probably on Saturday (or maybe Friday).

With the late applications, we usually wait a few days to see how many people who applied early don't turn up after all, so we can assign the late applicants to the houses with the fewest students (still taking into account the preferences), to keep numbers equal and fair.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,228 Member
    Applied...checking if you got it...no owl...
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,872 Member
    Maalea wrote: »

Yes, you should have gotten a friend request from @Slimpossible007 Please accept it and then you'll get a message with details. (You have to be friends before you can send a message, if you want to be sure that it gets through...)

I got a friend request from Slim, but no detailing message as of yet! I’m a little worried I missed something. It starts tomorrow, right?
  • Maalea
    No, you didn't miss anything. You'll get your owl probably on Saturday.