kid friendly low cal

I need some rec ipes that my kids will eat and that are low cal, my kids arent real picky, most of the time, but i dont want to make two different meals! Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Monica

Replies

• I need some rec ipes that my kids will eat and that are low cal, my kids arent real picky, most of the time, but i dont want to make two different meals! Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Monica
  • expressbug
    expressbug Posts: 100
    My son loves

Chicken Noodle Soup
    Nachos with Refried Beans and Chicken Breast

Hope this helps, Have a great day.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Whole wheat noodles...with alfredo sauce and veggies...cover veggies with sauce if you need to hide them... :wink:

In the sauce pack isle they have powdered alfreado. I make it with skim or 1% milk and no butter...makes the noodles ooowee goowee and healthy. :smile:
  • Chellekk
    Whole wheat brown rice with chicken, veggies and low fat cream of celery or chicken. One pot meal...used to be my mom's go-to meal when I was little. it was yummy and you can make it more healthy ...now that they have low fat soups.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Didn't know they have powdered Alfredo, I'll try that! Thanks! :happy:
  • the alfredo sounds good, my daughter loves alftredo!
  • Chellekk
    Brand: KNORR. (green packet) They also have a garlic herb packet. It's good and has more flavor then the alfredo.

Both are good though.

A few weeks ago I cut chicken breasts into long strips, coated with Progresso Panko Bread Crumbs and baked. No egg needed either...it stuck to the chicken on it's own. They get super cripsy and then I dipped them in whatever sauces I wanted. That's kid friendly and tasty. :smile: