13 Pounds lost and $145 gained

RA_Warrior
RA_Warrior Posts: 29 Member
My username should be "Take out Girl" or "Call-in Queen"

I always loved to order food. On Fridays, we ordered pizza or Chinese and indulged a little. The kitchen stayed clean for one day. When the pandemic and the lockdown hit, we decided to support the restaurants. We signed up with a delivery service and when more and more restaurants joined them, we were happy. Now we could order our favorite food any time we wanted and we did. We went overboard and the scale climbed.

Day 10 on MyFitnessPal and Day 20 living a new lifestyle. 13 pounds lost, the scale was under 360 today. The next goal is 349. I still want to order food in and I kinda do. I go to the delivery page and start ordering whatever I want, unhealthy or healthy. Then I click checkout, adjust the tip and when I get the total, I go to my online bank site and put the amount in our new savings account. $145 as of today.

When I look at the money saved I wonder how much we have spent on food deliveries the last year. I don't want to know but I have a pretty good idea. Shameful.

13 pounds and $145. Super.

Replies

• monamac2
    monamac2 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Way to go! What a great incentive to see the direct correlation. You've made a great start in a journey to be taken one day at a time. Hang in there!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Wow! That's undeniable, finite stuff right there. Fantastic job. I've got a feeling you are going to meet your goal sooner than you think. 🏆
  • BrightEyedAgain
    BrightEyedAgain Posts: 243 Member
    What a fabulous idea!!
  • bhappy5332
    bhappy5332 Posts: 461 Member
    Congratulations on your weight loss! What a brilliant idea of putting the money saved in your savings account!
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    You may want to use the money saved toward a long term goal or non food reward. Congratulations and continuing success.
  • RA_Warrior
    RA_Warrior Posts: 29 Member
    You may want to use the money saved toward a long term goal or non food reward. Congratulations and continuing success.

Like new clothes hopefully and shoes :wink:
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Thats a great idea :-) well done on what you have accomplished so far.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    That is awesome!!
  • wrigs631
    wrigs631 Posts: 6 Member
    Great job! I was going to order delivery last night and they now added a Covid charge. I deleted and went to my fridge, healthier and cheaper.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Brilliant!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!