60 yrs and up

Replies

• richum1960
    richum1960 Posts: 43 Member
    My kid just sent me a picture of the car he bought without my help, parked in the driveway of the gorgeous little historic house he and his wife just bought… also without my help.

I haven’t been this proud since he earned his Eagle Scout badge.

That is something to be very proud of! Have a great day!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,191 Member
    anawake13 wrote: »
    So much support. From this group. Weight is just one common struggle for all of us but we all have other struggles too and everyone is so helpful. You are never alone. Lots of prayers and well wishes to you all. I've dealt with dementia for seven years with my mom and now early stages with my husband of 46 years and for me it seems harder. Hugs to all.

I feel the same been there with my mum, hugs
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,191 Member
    fa0075c4lbwz.jpg
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 249 Member
    richum1960 wrote: »
    Checking in.......Been in maintenance since April. I am holding my weight. Actually couple pounds under. I am seeing a lot of NSV. I am wearing a smaller waist size. I actually have muscle tone. I have been doing a lot of house remodeling and noticed I can do things that would not be possible at the beginning of this year. Simple things, like drop down to my knees to pull a nail, stand on a ladder for a long period of time painting, loading a washer and dryer by myself with no pain, and get in the back of my truck simply by stepping on let down tailgate and stepping in with hand on corner of truck bed. Previously I would have sit on tailgate and rolled in. I still haven't been able to stand on my head. I used to could when younger. I am getting closer. Maybe by the end of the year. I hope everyone is doing well with their goals. Have a great day!

Wow Rich! Congrats to you!!
  • anawake13
    anawake13 Posts: 99 Member
    Go Rich! That regaining of strength is a great benefit to weight loss as that needs to be a part of it especially as we get older. As for me, I don't want to be a frail looking old lady just a healthy smaller one. Keep up the good work!
  • klt052194
    klt052194 Posts: 49 Member
    annliz23 wrote: »
    anawake13 wrote: »
    So much support. From this group. Weight is just one common struggle for all of us but we all have other struggles too and everyone is so helpful. You are never alone. Lots of prayers and well wishes to you all. I've dealt with dementia for seven years with my mom and now early stages with my husband of 46 years and for me it seems harder. Hugs to all.

I feel the same been there with my mum, hugs

Me too. My mom lived to 95 years of age.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    c61f6zuqwjbm.jpg

I'm sure there's no calories in birthday cake!

My darling granddaughter's first birthday. It's a very privileged and joyful position being a grandparent.

She couldn't be cuter, Sijomial, especially with that expression of delighted fascination on her face. Happy birthday to her!
  • anawake13
    What a cutie. Grandchildren are such a gift from God.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Jem594 wrote: »
    close to 60 here, 59...can I join? :D

What? Nobody checked your ID at the door? Gosh!

You're here, which is all it takes to join - and very welcome, as far as I'm concerned. 😉😊

(I'm 65: I'll lend you a year for a while, if you want. 😉)
  • Jem594
    Jem594 Posts: 72 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Jem594 wrote: »
    close to 60 here, 59...can I join? :D

What? Nobody checked your ID at the door? Gosh!

You're here, which is all it takes to join - and very welcome, as far as I'm concerned. 😉😊

(I'm 65: I'll lend you a year for a while, if you want. 😉)

snicker :D thanks for the offer
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Checking in : My doctor told me I have high cholesterol and I'm low on Vitamin D. So I'm cutting down on bad fat and I'm using good fat but less of them now. I have to do more exercise and I need to get out more in the sun too.@jem594 , welcome and thanks for the fat joke ! 🤣
  • janvcooper
    janvcooper Posts: 86 Member
    Get a lot of good ideas from Fitness Pal, read a really good book by Dr .Atul Gawande on eldercare and aging somebody had recommeneded, and bought a hand operated milk frother for skim milk for my coffee, just from looking at posts on this site. Fitness Pal is generally encouraging and a good place to find all kinds of ideas. Have been a member since 2016, weight sometimes up and sometimes down, pretty much like life with its ups and downs, acceptance of this comes more easily in one's sixties than at younger ages. Not in any particular rush anymore. I appreciate this community.
  • anawake13
    Just curious I have a friend (not on here) who has lost 40 lbs and swears it's the Apple cider vinegar she drinks every night. Claims she drops a pound a day. I finally succumbed and tried it a few days and all I got was a stomachache. I know there is no quick fix but an experiment non the less. Any one ever tried this? Guess I will stick to my Elmm diet Eat Less Move More. Know it works, maybe slow but steady.